11 replies to this topic

#1 Deb07070707070707070707

Deb07070707070707070707

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

To Whom It May Concern at USA:

We have been looking forward to the premier of your new series, “Suits.” After the 30 minutes we decided not to compromise our Christian values any longer and turned to different programming. We were so disappointed in USA for using our God’s name in vain not once but 3-4 times in the first 30 minutes. Why? The star of the show did not even seem comfortable using this language. It added not one thing to the script. It was a blatant miss use of our heavenly Father’s name. We generally admire USA for “cleaning up” some shows. That is why we thought you should know, two of your biggest supporters were very disappointed. Your other series do not use this language. In an age that it is difficult to find good programming, we were stunned. We will think twice before watching the USA network again.

#2 Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

I have been enjoying USA programming with my young teens for some time- Laughing with 'Psych'- Sleuthing with 'Monk'- Blowing things up with 'White Collar'- my son has even taken to dressing like Neal from 'White Collar'- imagine my shock and disappointment while watching 'SUITS'. The language was over-the-top offensive. I feel this show could have had the class of 'White Collar', but took the low road. I will not be watching this show again , and I am uncomfortable tuning in anytime with my family watching. Bad move, USA.

#3 usaguyfan

usaguyfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:28 AM

Both of You Seem Very Relious But I Watch This Show & Also Psych Burn Notice White Collar & Covert Affairs & On CBS I Watch NCIS: NCIS:Los Angeles CSI: CSI:Miami CSI:NY Crimnal Minds The Mentalist & The Big Bang Theory & On The CW I Watch Supernatural & I'm a Little Bit Relious But I Was Not Offended By Anthing On This Show If I Wer'e You Too I'd Try Not Too Take it So Personal.:rolleyes:

Edited by usaguyfan, 24 June 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#4 JoanneAW

JoanneAW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

To Whom It May Concern at USA:

We have been looking forward to the premier of your new series, "Suits." After the 30 minutes we decided not to compromise our Christian values any longer and turned to different programming. We were so disappointed in USA for using our God's name in vain not once but 3-4 times in the first 30 minutes. Why? The star of the show did not even seem comfortable using this language. It added not one thing to the script. It was a blatant miss use of our heavenly Father's name. We generally admire USA for "cleaning up" some shows. That is why we thought you should know, two of your biggest supporters were very disappointed. Your other series do not use this language. In an age that it is difficult to find good programming, we were stunned. We will think twice before watching the USA network again.

My husband and I both agree with you. Here are more things we found wrong with this program:

1. The main actor looks like White Collar's brother. Copy-cats, you think?
2. They cheat everyone, not just the rich.
3. The main actor is super smart just like White Collar's main actor.
4. Did not like the language at all...we don't go to church for those who think we are goodie-two shoes.
5. Did not like the plot at all, will not be watching it again.

#5 wakopunk

wakopunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

I'm Catholic and I have values. I did not take the language offensively or even notice it because I was having FUN watching the SHOW.

I highly doubt you can tell the actor is uncomfortable saying God Damn. It's on at 10PM, the time where that language is allowed.
Shawn: Torture to kill? Is that pretty cut and dry or is there a little bit of wiggle room?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 2Sharming

2Sharming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

GREAT SHOW!!!! Loved it-can't wait until next episode.Well done with the actors as well. I'm a writer and I love great writing and good acting....But sometimes you have to even use the "Bad" words...in real life too. If you believe in a God that counts sins, I guess you will find it necessary to count swear words too. But I rather just make a positive and powerful difference in the world by my own personal actions and not waist time judging what other people say or do. Focus on the good stuff in life-get off the soap box and get into the streets and make a difference. Even though I may spew a few"bad" words from my own lips and I certainly include them in my writing when need be, the good news is the almighty God I believe in doesn't give a Rats Behind about swear words...to busy reminding me to share my gifts and talents with the world. Find the best not the worst inlife.

Cheers all! Here's to a great show!

2Sharming

Edited by 2Sharming, 24 June 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#7 sapphirefluff

sapphirefluff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

^ Agreed :)
Do you think they have raquet ball in heaven?
The ridiculousness of your suggestion warrented the use of a silly word.
Go Easy on Him. Nope! Good Boy.....
I failed....... To not be Awesome!
Velvety shark toast! SHARK TOAST!!!!!
Gus, don't be the only black lead in a major cable network.
President of the American Wicker and Pineapple Council of the CMP2 (#)*

#8 sweetp1201

sweetp1201

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

Ilove the characters, the plots, sub-plots and how things turn out right in the end. The one thing I do not like is the use of the words "G" "D". Other words can be substituted such as Damn, Hell, etc. There is absolutely no need to use God's name in vain. Doesn't matter if you're religious or not, right is right & wrong is wrong. Guys, it's summer. Kids are out of school & staying up later to watch TV. If it offends me do you think I'm going to let my children watch it? Wise up. You've got the makings of a great show. Don't ruin or cheapen it by using gutter language. Hope to see a change in this respect soon.

#9 poppva1

poppva1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

I have been enjoying USA programming with my young teens for some time- Laughing with 'Psych'- Sleuthing with 'Monk'- Blowing things up with 'White Collar'- my son has even taken to dressing like Neal from 'White Collar'- imagine my shock and disappointment while watching 'SUITS'.

#10 clovett

clovett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

I really like the new show Suits except for the lanuage used in it. I do not like the way they are using God's name in vain. The show would be great if they would take that out. It is not needed for the show to be a success. My husband has said that he does not want to watch that show again because of the lanuage used. I really enjoy watching USA network but I do not want to watch a show that is using God's name in vain. Please clean up the lanuage.

#11 Avivaldi72

Avivaldi72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

Get real, people. This is HOW people talk. Actually, they drop the F-bomb quite frequently but I suppose you wouldn't like that either. For those who don't like the language, simple answer, turn to the Hallmark Channel where are those 'naughty' words are censored. If I were to hear them say "gosh darned" it would seem beyond ludicrous. Face it, this IS how it works. I've worked in firms. Trust me, language is not as sweet as it is portrayed on television.

#12 PittGar

PittGar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Wow Elisabeth and Sarah could be related Twins

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved