998 replies to this topic

#1 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

Hi all :),

There's been some annoyance that the "Season 6" thread has become an "any news topic at all"-thread in recent weeks. I can understand that: it's become hard to find the spoilers among all the OT stuff. On the other hand, there seems to be a need for a default "go to"-thread among the few people we have dropping in these days.

So I thought maybe it would be useful to have a really relaxed, general Psych news and chit-chat thread.

If you have a post that's news, but not strictly Season 6 related, or something that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, or even a spoiler - come on in, sit down at one of our friendly round tables, grab a coffee (or green tea, or pineapple smoothie - just ask, we'll make you what you want) and jump right in.

Basically, nothing is off topic here as long as it has to do with the show. Spoilers should probably be tagged. Discussion and debate is encouraged, but remember: chill and be polite. This is a family establishment. If you feel your temper flare, flag down one of our good-looking baristas. We have medicinal Californian brownies behind the counter guaranteed to help you relax B).

This is an experiment. I'm prepared to update this for a while to see if there are any takers. If I find I've misjudged the market and nobody wants my delicious pineapple upside down cakes, the café will close and the thread gently fall off the page. Let's see how it goes.

The café is [OPEN]
Posted Image

#2 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

Yay I get to visit first...I really don't have anything to add though B) Great idea and I do think this should solve the issues ;)

Right now I'm watching (OK listening to) the Psy vs. Psy commentary...hilarious :lol:

PurelyPineapple mentioned that she saw the 5th season DVD in her mall...anyone else? I've been checking and everything I saw still says out on May 31st.

Edited by psyfanatic, 27 May 2011 - 11:51 AM.

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#3 BiBoP

BiBoP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

Yay I get to visit first...I really don't have anything to add though B) Great idea and I do think this should solve the issues ;)

Right now I'm watching (OK listening to) the Psy vs. Psy commentary...hilarious :lol:

PurelyPineapple mentioned that she saw the 5th season DVD in her mall...anyone else? I've been checking and everything I saw still says out on May 31st.

They don't even sell Psych DVDs here...It's quite sad. Maybe I'll order all 5 seasons from Amazon for my birthday (Which is on September, but hey, it's kinda close)

If it's too expensive, I'll get something else but I must have something Psych-ish! I don't have anything! I'm an embarrassment to all Psych-Os! *goes to weep in the corner*

Great idea for a thread, though. This is what I had in mind in my comment in the spoilers thread. And if it's a cafe', can I get a shake that's 1 part ice-cream, 2 parts awesome?

Posted Image

SOOKIE IS MINE!

My Psychfics

#4 jacuqelynjack

jacuqelynjack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

well this is nice! I feel kind of partially responsible for what shulzrocks had to say. I did put up the wwe thing, and the lovebites thing in the S6 Spoiler.
But it is good to have a thread now where we can put up random related and unrelated psych things and not get chewed up for it! :)
crafty little doodle pumpkin

Posted Image ** Posted Image
"dude are my eyes seeing what my brain is telling my eyes that they're seeing?"
"you named your fake detective agency psych? why dont you just call it, hey we're fooling you and the police department,hope we dont make a mistake and someone dies because of it."
"get your wood out of her face"
"as a rebecca lobo set shot!" "glass!!"
"Ben?......Ben!!!" "He's dead shawn."
"Read my thoughts" "........waffles!" " My god, that's amazing."
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#5 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hellllllllloo! Too hot here for a giant green mug of anything but I'll get a big glass of sweet tea and sit a spell. Psych_USA (on twitter) is asking questions this week. Is the network gearing up for some promotion (fingers crossed)? Thanks Aneema for starting a thread to address a disagreement on another thread. Seems familiar. Where have I see that before?:P

#6 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

They don't even sell Psych DVDs here...It's quite sad. Maybe I'll order all 5 seasons from Amazon for my birthday (Which is on September, but hey, it's kinda close)

[...] And if it's a cafe', can I get a shake that's 1 part ice-cream, 2 parts awesome?

Shake coming right up, sir. Our awesome is delicious, I assure you :D. Yeah... I'm waiting for S4 to be released over here next month. It's all taking forever. *sigh* But it will be a good distraction during the wait.

Hellllllllloo! Too hot here for a giant green mug of anything but I'll get a big glass of sweet tea and sit a spell. Psych_USA (on twitter) is asking questions this week. Is the network gearing up for some promotion (fingers crossed)?

Sweet tea, Ma'm, right away... iced, I assume? Yeah, somebody seems to have kicked the esteemed USA_Psych tweep in the backside to up his game a bit. Both his twitter and the Facebook site are seeing some posts these days. I'm hoping that it's the first signs of a concerted campaign. Meltreger in his recent chat seemed to think that there were pretty big plans. I'd love some specially made little teasers again! I loved the "burrito" one last year :lol:.
Posted Image

#7 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

If it's too expensive, I'll get something else but I must have something Psych-ish! I don't have anything! I'm an embarrassment to all Psych-Os! *goes to weep in the corner*

Great idea for a thread, though. This is what I had in mind in my comment in the spoilers thread. And if it's a cafe', can I get a shake that's 1 part ice-cream, 2 parts awesome?

Hey BiBop, since your birthday is in September, you may want to consider deferring your order till Black Friday (sometime late November). The DVD's usually go on sale at that time to about $12-$14 per season (though not on Amazon last year - the sale happened in January instead). Maybe ask your friends / family to get you Amazon gift certificates instead? Otherwise at $30-$40 per season plus shipping and customs / duties, the price for 5 seasons could really add up. Alternatively, just add yourself on the price watch list, so you can order when it gets cheap. There might also be sales around July 4th - I think NBC.com had a sale last year.

Yeah - I'm one of those cheap Canadians who refuse to pay $50 per season by ordering from Amazon.ca (Cdn site) :) But I shouldn't complain, at least they sell them here and I'm just 2 hours from the border.
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#8 bigkitty_4

bigkitty_4

psych fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

Hi, love the cafe idea. Can I get a seat next to these guys?

I call fye and they told me definitly Tuesday because it wasn't there yet. I remember working in a retail store and we did get dvd earlier than their release date, but was not allow to put on the shelf until the release date because getting into trouble with distributor (in this case Universal!). And I like to order an ice cream sundae; topped with whipped cream, please?

Edited by bigkitty_4, 27 May 2011 - 06:42 PM.

"McNabb, hold back the Wonder Twins!"

"Somebody forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning."

#9 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:06 AM

Hi all :),

There's been some annoyance that the "Season 6" thread has become an "any news topic at all"-thread in recent weeks. I can understand that: it's become hard to find the spoilers among all the OT stuff. On the other hand, there seems to be a need for a default "go to"-thread among the few people we have dropping in these days.

So I thought maybe it would be useful to have a really relaxed, general Psych news and chit-chat thread.

If you have a post that's news, but not strictly Season 6 related, or something that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, or even a spoiler - come on in, sit down at one of our friendly round tables, grab a coffee (or green tea, or pineapple smoothie - just ask, we'll make you what you want) and jump right in.

Basically, nothing is off topic here as long as it has to do with the show. Spoilers should probably be tagged. Discussion and debate is encouraged, but remember: chill and be polite. This is a family establishment. If you feel your temper flare, flag down one of our good-looking baristas. We have medicinal Californian brownies behind the counter guaranteed to help you relax B).

This is an experiment. I'm prepared to update this for a while to see if there are any takers. If I find I've misjudged the market and nobody wants my delicious pineapple upside down cakes, the café will close and the thread gently fall off the page. Let's see how it goes.

The café is [OPEN]

Thanks @Aneema, i think this is a fantastic idea and i hope that this thread is successful.

Now, i'll have a large cappuccino please with extra foam, oooh and one of them there “special” brownies please!Posted ImagePosted Image

Your buying, right?Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 FarmersWife

FarmersWife

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

This was a great idea. I am already feeling the Psych-O love! :wub:
I wold like a pineapple smoothie and i hate to be picky but would it be possible to get some Roday on the side with that order please ? ;)

Edited by FarmersWife, 28 May 2011 - 06:48 AM.

Posted Image

Spreading the Roday Love!

Posted Image
Shawn of the self proclaimed "Shawn & Gus of Psychfic"

#11 MagicallyDelicious

MagicallyDelicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

This place is licenced, right? Because it's getting on for my bedtime and I could use something to send me off to sleep!

Besides which, if you're having those cheese-filled fries you need a nice cold Heineken to wash them down. :lol:

#12 BiBoP

BiBoP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hey BiBop, since your birthday is in September, you may want to consider deferring your order till Black Friday (sometime late November). The DVD's usually go on sale at that time to about $12-$14 per season (though not on Amazon last year - the sale happened in January instead). Maybe ask your friends / family to get you Amazon gift certificates instead? Otherwise at $30-$40 per season plus shipping and customs / duties, the price for 5 seasons could really add up. Alternatively, just add yourself on the price watch list, so you can order when it gets cheap. There might also be sales around July 4th - I think NBC.com had a sale last year.

Yeah - I'm one of those cheap Canadians who refuse to pay $50 per season by ordering from Amazon.ca (Cdn site) :) But I shouldn't complain, at least they sell them here and I'm just 2 hours from the border.

Thanks for the info. I don't think my parents'll pay 30$ per season. I'll either wait for this Black Friday (That's one scary name) or buy some other Psych-ish thing.

Oh, and I didn't get my shake yet. What kind of business are you running here? I demand a refund in the form of cupcakes!

Posted Image

SOOKIE IS MINE!

My Psychfics

#13 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

We're fully licenced, of course (you should try our Martinis!) and the best bit is: payment is in units of Psych love :lol:.

You're in luck, FarmersWife, Roday's our special today. Here you go, I hope you enjoy your smoothie:

Posted Image
This is from last week's shoot and the full treasure trove of pics can be enjoyed on Psychfan.net. Thanks, Jcee!

BiBop, patience is a virtue all Psych-Os must learn to survive the long wait :lol:. Here is your shake. I've thrown in a holler on top of the awesome, that should make up for the delay.

Edited by Aneema, 28 May 2011 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Riktal

Riktal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Aneema - thanks for this thread :) . And so there will be no surprises - I only drink black coffee :P
I also carries a little gift - I broke the 1000 videos on my channel and to do so I created this video in order to say THANK YOU to the wonderful people of Psych who're making my life a little more bearable everyday :rolleyes: .
So here it is - I hope you will like it.
Psych-At the beginning
BTW - it's NOT blocked in other countries...well, at least not yet :D

http://www.youtube.c...23?feature=mhum

On the eighth day God created James Roday. He then said: "Top That!"

Do not tell me that the sky is the limit when there are signs of footsteps on the moon!

Never think that somebody owes you anything. The only person that owes you, is you

I just hope I will be here long enough to do something awesome!

#15 BiBoP

BiBoP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Aneema - thanks for this thread :) . And so there will be no surprises - I only drink black coffee :P
I also carries a little gift - I broke the 1000 videos on my channel and to do so I created this video in order to say THANK YOU to the wonderful people of Psych who're making my life a little more bearable everyday :rolleyes: .
Psych-At the beginning

Awesome vid! congrats on reaching 1K. And that's a nice sentence added to your signature. Unfortunately, on day 9 God actually topped that by creating Chuck Norris Posted Image

And that shake is awesome, Aneema, What's your secret ingridient? Tiger blood?

Posted Image

SOOKIE IS MINE!

My Psychfics

#16 bigkitty_4

bigkitty_4

psych fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

First off, I need a Manhattan after my experience at fye today! Augh, the clerk there was so rude that I decided to wait until June 2 or June 3 when Best Buy official opens here to buy my Psych DVD! Sure, it means I would have to wait and pay more but fye will never see me, again!

Thanks for the info. I don't think my parents'll pay 30$ per season. I'll either wait for this Black Friday (That's one scary name) or buy some other Psych-ish thing.

Oh, and I didn't get my shake yet. What kind of business are you running here? I demand a refund in the form of cupcakes!

Black Friday here in the states is the day after Thanksgiving where retail stores will offer deals in order to get their business in the black (ink that is.) Sometimes I have heard about people fight over one item over other, but I never experience it. Two years ago, my sis and I were at a Target and everyone there was so nice. No fights, everyone pointing to the better deals in the store, no pushing to the checkouts, no cops (yes, we all heard that the cops were called to Wal-mart because of fighting); just a nice atmosphere. Speaking of atmosphere, is that Tears For Fears-Head Over Heels I hear?

We're fully licenced, of course (you should try our Martinis!) and the best bit is: payment is in units of Psych love :lol:.

You're in luck, FarmersWife, Roday's our special today. Here you go, I hope you enjoy your smoothie:

Posted Image
This is from last week's shoot and the full treasure trove of pics can be enjoyed on Psychfan.net. Thanks, Jcee!

BiBop, patience is a virtue all Psych-Os must learn to survive the long wait :lol:. Here is your shake. I've thrown in a holler on top of the awesome, that should make up for the delay.

Now, that I have seen this pic, maybe change my order to a sweet tea, please.

Awesome vid! congrats on reaching 1K. And that's a nice sentence added to your signature. Unfortunately, on day 9 God actually topped that by creating Chuck Norris Posted Image

And that shake is awesome, Aneema, What's your secret ingridient? Tiger blood?

No!!!
"McNabb, hold back the Wonder Twins!"

"Somebody forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning."

#17 FarmersWife

FarmersWife

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

I have lots of Psych love :wub: . Thanks for the Roday :wub: , Can I get another ;) ?

Psych-At the beginning

Riktal you rock as usual. Thanks for all you do & congrats on breakinf 1000! :D

Posted Image

Spreading the Roday Love!

Posted Image
Shawn of the self proclaimed "Shawn & Gus of Psychfic"

#18 Nolebaby25

Nolebaby25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

Posted Image

I'll come here every time that Roday is on the menu! ;) I feel bad that I haven't been able to be around here much lately, but life gets in the way sometimes, you know? Well, I look forward to life slowing down and to being able to spend a great deal of time this summer in the lovely Psych Cafe. :D
Posted Image

Shawn: [on the phone with Juliet] Admit it, you're a little turned on by the whole bounty hunter thing, aren't you? Come on, Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. I mean, I know the psychic thing is sexy, I mean, that's a given; it's a sexy thing, but... Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. It's hot.

#19 PurelyPineapple2010

PurelyPineapple2010

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

Posted Image

Ooh, cafe! I'll start off with a iced pumpkin chai (very yummy, trust me ^_^), and I'll have a side order of Roday also. :P But I think I'll have to pay in a mix of Psych love and shinehs...I've got more than I can handle from over at PsychFic. :D

Oh, and does the cafe have free wifi? :P I'll probably drop in quite a bit through the wait for S6.

And...how about karaoke? We can see who sings "I Know, You Know" the best! :P Hehe, this cafe will be better than the one my brother works at! :D
Posted Image
Director of the CMP2's acting troupe, the Performing Pineapples

-------------------------------------

My profile on Psychfic---Clicky!!!

-------------------------------------

My Advice and Words of Wisdom:

Art imitates life...but life may also imitate art. _ Never judge a book by its cover...don't judge it by its summary, either. Read it all the way, then judge. _ Every cloud has a silver lining, you just may not know until the end. _ Lose yourself completely in the moment, but take everything in so that you can live it again. _ If you can't find the right words to say, just let your eyes do the talking. _ There's nothing wrong with letting yourself cry once and a while. _ Take a moment to close your eyes, block out all noise, and clear your mind...just breath.

PurelyPineapple2010

#20 bethgreen

bethgreen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Because I think the Psych Cafe is a fine idea, I invited Shawn and Gus
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved