• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

Just in case anybody doesn't read the Spoiler thread.

Ted Linhart is the VP of program research at USA Network. He's active on twitter as @TedOnTV.

He announced yesterday that Psych has been moved to the fall because they have two new series starting and there wasn't room for them all in summer.

He said they chose Psych because they needed a "strong, reliable" show in fall that stood well on its own, and Psych had proved to hold up very well in fall.

He also reassured worried fans that this decision has no bearing on "future seasons". I.e. this does NOT mean this is the last season for Psych, or that it will always start in fall from now on: he said they hadn't planned that far ahead.

And he said they don't have an exact start date yet and have not decided whether to air all of S6 this year or whether to split it.

That's what we have in a nutshell. THIS IS OFFICIAL.

If anybody wonders why some websites or articles will probably continue to say "summer" for a while: that doesn't mean this news isn't official and certain. It just means they haven't updated their information.

Edited by Aneema, 09 April 2011 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image

#2 PurelyPineapple2010

PurelyPineapple2010

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:35 AM

Y'know, I'm surprised that I'm saying this, but I don't have that much of a problem anymore. Yeah, I'd love for it to come earlier, but we've been speculating so long that I understood it as a fact after a while. If it comes in the fall, it comes in the fall...better late than never, right?(My main concern is for the future season/seasons [or, sadly, the possible lack thereof] past 6.)

But this could be because I'm used to waiting a looooong time for things, so, like I said, what happens is just what happens. Besides, no better reason to get reacquainted with some awesome DVD marathons. ;)
Posted Image
Director of the CMP2's acting troupe, the Performing Pineapples

-------------------------------------

My profile on Psychfic---Clicky!!!

-------------------------------------

My Advice and Words of Wisdom:

Art imitates life...but life may also imitate art. _ Never judge a book by its cover...don't judge it by its summary, either. Read it all the way, then judge. _ Every cloud has a silver lining, you just may not know until the end. _ Lose yourself completely in the moment, but take everything in so that you can live it again. _ If you can't find the right words to say, just let your eyes do the talking. _ There's nothing wrong with letting yourself cry once and a while. _ Take a moment to close your eyes, block out all noise, and clear your mind...just breath.

PurelyPineapple2010

#3 bigkitty_4

bigkitty_4

psych fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

Ted Linhart is the VP of program research at USA Network. He's active on twitter as @TedOnTV.

He announced yesterday that Psych has been moved to the fall because they have two new series starting and there wasn't room for them all in summer.

He said they chose Psych because they needed a "strong, reliable" show in fall that stood well on its own, and Psych had proved to hold up very well in fall.

He also reassured worried fans that this decision has no bearing on "future seasons". I.e. this does NOT mean this is the last season for Psych, or that it will always start in fall from now on: he said they hadn't planned that far ahead.

And he said they don't have an exact start date yet and have not decided whether to air all of S6 this year or whether to split it.

If anybody wonders why some websites or articles will probably continue to say "summer" for a while: that doesn't mean this news isn't official and certain. It just means they haven't updated their information.

This is probably why USA ran both Burn Notice and Psych to see how well they would do in November and would fans watch them. Both are the older shows on the network (Psych is entering Season 6 and Burn Notice entering Season 5 with a guarantee Season 6.). Both White Collar and Royal Pains are entering Season 3, Covert Affairs is in their second season, so I can see the network logic.

Y'know, I'm surprised that I'm saying this, but I don't have that much of a problem anymore. Yeah, I'd love for it to come earlier, but we've been speculating so long that I understood it as a fact after a while. If it comes in the fall, it comes in the fall...better late than never, right?(My main concern is for the future season/seasons [or, sadly, the possible lack thereof] past 6.)

But this could be because I'm used to waiting a looooong time for things, so, like I said, what happens is just what happens. Besides, no better reason to get reacquainted with some awesome DVD marathons. ;)

Like you, I don't have problem with this news. I mean, I would like it to come earlier, but I am okay with it being fall. It like I stress before at least it is not like Mad Men where you have to wait to see a new episode in March 2012 and the last episode aired October 17, 2010!
"McNabb, hold back the Wonder Twins!"

"Somebody forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning."

#4 BiBoP

BiBoP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:16 AM

I'm still kinda angry about this, but I'm calmer now. The glass half-full is that if "Fall" means around September, two of my favorite shows will start airing simultaneously- Psych and Supernatural :). Hope we get a specific date soon.

Posted Image

SOOKIE IS MINE!

My Psychfics

#5 psychlover22

psychlover22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

im kinda on the fence about this news iy makes ma mad cuz i still have to wait so long but at least we finally get some actual offical news from the network and at least its not october it could be as early as setember

#6 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

I am glad that we have some news. It makes me a little upset that we have to go all summer without Psych but I am also not worried anymore that this was going to be the last season. Knowing that they chose Psych to air in the Fall because it does well on its own is a great feeling because it kind of let's u know that the network will most definitely renew Psych for another season. I just wish they hadn't made us wait so long to hear this because it was getting a lot of people worried. I just hope it starts in September and I really hope they don't split the season because that woukd just be mean since they are making us wait so long. If they do split the season I wouldn't over react to their decision but I would be upset and would hope they didn't make the break too long. :)

Edited by lovejamesrdoay, 09 April 2011 - 02:29 PM.

>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#7 pineapple_luver

pineapple_luver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

This kinda upsets me, but thanks SO MUCH for letting us know! Even though I'm depressed about the ridiculously long wait ahead, I'm glad to know about it! :) And it's also great to know that Psych did well in the fall. :lol:

♫ I'm not inclined to resign to maturity! ♫

"This door is really solid!"
"I think it's oak!"

"Easy? Yes! But life is easy, Gus. If you really want it to be." <3

"Shawn, what have you done today?"
"Well, let's see. I watched some Phineas and Ferb, took a nap, had a snack. I'm a little tired."

#8 waggy3015

waggy3015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm a little annoyed by this news and it doesn' t have to do with waiting a little bit longer for the new season. It's because Fall is when the new TV season starts so there will be new episodes of shows I watch, probably at the same time as Psych. That's what I liked about Summer runs, there usually wasn't choosing what to record first. I know that Psych replays it's episodes multiple times during the week, but if I have to record it, I always try to record the original airing because ONLY the first airing shows the Psych-Outs at the end and I like watching them. All other replays don't have them.

#9 Kirei

Kirei

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

As far as I'm concerned Wednesdays are a programming wasteland.
Of course, I've only got antenna-tv to watch, but I find it pretty dull on
Wednesdays, with only America's Next Top Model to keep me entertained.

So at least now there'll be something GOOD to watch on Wednesdays.
I won't be able to watch it. But still. ^_^

Psychfic: Kirei

Official Pineapple mypineapple.gifCarver of the CMP2

PsychMusicalBanner_zps757a5286.jpg

I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!

#10 wakopunk

wakopunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Psych my favorite show obviously, was suppose to keep me busy until my 3rd favorite The Walking Dead returns in October. At least my 2nd show White Collar is remaining. I don't care about their business programming..I am disappointed and very mad. But, I'm indeed happy it is returning unlike many shows. Season 6 LESGO!!

Long Live Psych!
Shawn: Torture to kill? Is that pretty cut and dry or is there a little bit of wiggle room?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hi, I'm not on Twitter. Did Ted also confirm that the show is staying on Wednesday at 10pm? Or is the air date subject to change based on the major network's Fall schedule?

Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#12 Riktal

Riktal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hi, I'm not on Twitter. Did Ted also confirm that the show is staying on Wednesday at 10pm? Or is the air date subject to change based on the major network's Fall schedule?

You should be on Twitter, if not for any other reason, then just for Dulé. And to answer your question - he did not, but we have no reason to think they will change the time again.

On the one hand I am so angry at this decision because it means we need to wait a very long time, and for someone who really hates the summer, Psych was always my light during those hard months <_<.
Then again - this also mean I will be back home when Psych will return, so I will be able to download the episodes and watch them the way I love, and not be worried because I'm not home to see the new episodes :D . So that's my selfish way to find something positive in this terrible decision ;) .

http://www.youtube.c...23?feature=mhum

On the eighth day God created James Roday. He then said: "Top That!"

Do not tell me that the sky is the limit when there are signs of footsteps on the moon!

Never think that somebody owes you anything. The only person that owes you, is you

I just hope I will be here long enough to do something awesome!

#13 jacuqelynjack

jacuqelynjack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

im not too mad about the change. I would have missed a lot if it started in the late summer. Im going to Africa for at least a month during the late summer. So Im not tooootally bummed.

Im most likely going to get distracted with my school work because of psych starting in the fall......DAH WELL!

crafty little doodle pumpkin

Posted Image ** Posted Image
"dude are my eyes seeing what my brain is telling my eyes that they're seeing?"
"you named your fake detective agency psych? why dont you just call it, hey we're fooling you and the police department,hope we dont make a mistake and someone dies because of it."
"get your wood out of her face"
"as a rebecca lobo set shot!" "glass!!"
"Ben?......Ben!!!" "He's dead shawn."
"Read my thoughts" "........waffles!" " My god, that's amazing."
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#14 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

Well, now we know. Not know-know, because the date is TBA, but know that we can spend the summer just checking our twitter feed for Psych production goodies with which the (recent) army of twitterers will surely be showering us. :P

But what about the rest of the fans? Not the ones who follow these guys and were half-prepared for the push-back of the season. I mean the people that just watch USA and are expecting Psych this summer? How should TPTB sell this change to them? Some really great commercials!

They've had good response to their past musical ones but what song 80's could they use?
Don Henley's "The Boys of Summer" would be great! Have they already used it for a USA series? The police station could be empty. Same with the Psych office. Then they'd show the characters, each in Ray Bans singing parts of the song. Shawn and Gus could be hanging their heads out of the Blueberry since they don't have a convertible. At the end Shawn could be on his motorcycle with Juliet behind him. Then "Psych Season Six" and the date of the premiere over them driving off into the sunset.
Or
I watch Mad Men. It's usually a summer show, as well, and the premiere of their 5th season is delayed until 2012. I think it would be cool if Psych did a commercial with Lassiter as Don Draper. He's all 60's upped, behind a desk, then they pull in close with him about to light a cigarette. He looks up, notices "you" and says something like, in the cranky way Don does, "What, you can't wait for a couple of months?!" and then pans right to Shawn and Gus playing with one of those ashtrays with the lighter in the middle. "Stop that!"

Anyone else?B)

Edited by MarthanotGeorge, 10 April 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#15 88Keys

88Keys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

You should be on Twitter, if not for any other reason, then just for Dulé.

I'm pretty sure you can see Dulé's tweets by going to his page, even if you are not a twitter member. You just can't respond to them. I used to check celebrities feeds that way before I actually joined. Honestly, I find Dulé's Twitter kind of cluttered and hard to follow. Of course, I guess it's not fair for me to expect him to only post about Psych. :)

I think it would be cool if Psych did a commercial with Lassiter as Don Draper. He's all 60's upped, behind a desk, then they pull in close with him about to light a cigarette. He looks up, notices "you" and says something like, in the cranky way Don does, "What, you can't wait for a couple of months?!" and then pans right to Shawn and Gus playing with one of those ashtrays with the lighter in the middle. "Stop that!"

Anyone else?B)

That would indeed be EPIC. Especially since Timothy Omundsen looks like he belongs in that era, in my opinion.
Posted Image

#16 Nolebaby25

Nolebaby25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

I do have to say that even thought I am frustrated with the decision, I am glad we finally know for sure. I am worried that people who aren't on the boards, twitter, etc, won't know that it is changing. My sisters LOVE Psych but they don't get on here or on Twitter. I hope that USA runs some type of promo that tells everyone that it will be back in the Fall. <br>I am upset that we have no Psych this summer. That is what I look forward to over the summer. I am not sure how I will pass the time....<br>
Posted Image

Shawn: [on the phone with Juliet] Admit it, you're a little turned on by the whole bounty hunter thing, aren't you? Come on, Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. I mean, I know the psychic thing is sexy, I mean, that's a given; it's a sexy thing, but... Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. It's hot.

#17 TalkingCat

TalkingCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

And what's the name of the new show that's pushing Psych back? Please don't tell me it's that "Fairly Legal" show. I saw the commercials, and it looked so stupid!!

Man, I really hate that Psych's being pushed back. Whatever they're airing in its place better be good. :angry:

....That came out a little too angry. Ah well!! B)

#18 Riktal

Riktal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:27 AM

And what's the name of the new show that's pushing Psych back? Please don't tell me it's that "Fairly Legal" show. I saw the commercials, and it looked so stupid!!

Man, I really hate that Psych's being pushed back. Whatever they're airing in its place better be good. :angry:

....That came out a little too angry. Ah well!! B)

I thought a lot if I should upload this video to my channel (mostly because they don't talk about Psych in it). It sits for a week or so on my computer, but after I saw what you wrote I decided to upload it.
I'm pretty sure that the series appears at the end of the video is the reason for the delay :angry: WSJ.com-about the shows of USA Network

http://www.youtube.c...23?feature=mhum

On the eighth day God created James Roday. He then said: "Top That!"

Do not tell me that the sky is the limit when there are signs of footsteps on the moon!

Never think that somebody owes you anything. The only person that owes you, is you

I just hope I will be here long enough to do something awesome!

#19 lazerboost182

lazerboost182

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo it was too perfect, i was gonna be completely caught up, and watched the entire anthology of psych by summer.
Psyched!!! Swell!!!!!!!!!!!!
BeardCore

#20 Nolebaby25

Nolebaby25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hello my darling Psychos! Does anyone think that most of the absence from the boards has to do with the move of the premiere to Fall? I mean, I just started posting on here last spring/summer and it was in anticipation of Season 5. We had tons of information, lots of decent speculation for general episodes and for Yin/Yang. There was also much to talk about regarding Shawn/Juliet and the will they/won't they. I know that I personally haven't been as active because of some personal life stuff, but I'm thinking most other people might just not have anything to talk about. Hopefully as we get closer to Fall and after the Season 5 DVDs release on Tuesday there will be more. I don't know if the move to Fall is what's doing it, but I'm going to blame that nonetheless. :D
Posted Image

Shawn: [on the phone with Juliet] Admit it, you're a little turned on by the whole bounty hunter thing, aren't you? Come on, Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. I mean, I know the psychic thing is sexy, I mean, that's a given; it's a sexy thing, but... Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. It's hot.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved