• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 cluck73

cluck73

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Flatpack, I did see the Eames Conspiracy. It was hilarious and I posted it on FB.
__ ------ ----

#42 Flatpack

Flatpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:53 AM

I saw that on Facebook but I didnt realise you had put it there.
They have a big campaign there to get more LOCI.....but this week I see USA is praising Covert Affairs and White Collar as their flagship shows. Grrrrrr!

Also not good news is the fact USA have put a new cop show into production called "Common Law" with two detectives who are "polar opposites who constantly bicker".It sounds good, but is it to replace LOCI ? Cheaper to make?

Edited by Flatpack, 15 June 2011 - 12:53 AM.

#43 QuaxoCoricopat

QuaxoCoricopat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

Also not good news is the fact USA have put a new cop show into production called "Common Law" with two detectives who are "polar opposites who constantly bicker".It sounds good, but is it to replace LOCI ? Cheaper to make?

If it is, then they are definitely shipping :D I suppose in any other situation besides work, Goren and Eames would be considered to have a 'common law' relationship after all these years.

#44 Flatpack

Flatpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

I think they are borrowing ideas from LOCI Season 10,using a therapist etc.
There might be a run of therapist/cop shows , since LOCI was so successful with it!

"EXCLUSIVE 5 PM: I hear USA Network is finalizing a series pickup of comedic buddy cop drama Common Law starring Michael Ealy. The project, from CBS TV Studios and Jon Turteltaub's Junction Entertainment, centers on polar-opposite LAPD homicide detectives Travis Marks (Ealy) and Wes Mitchell (Warren Kole), whose nonstop bickering and acrimony prompts their no-nonsense captain Phil Sutton (Jack McGee) to send them to a couples therapist. The role of the therapist, played in the pilot by Amy Acker, will be recast, along with another, smaller part...."

It will be "blue skies" though.Everything ends up blue on USA!

#45 jr6020

jr6020

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

I think they are borrowing ideas from LOCI Season 10,using a therapist etc.
There might be a run of therapist/cop shows , since LOCI was so successful with it!

"EXCLUSIVE 5 PM: I hear USA Network is finalizing a series pickup of comedic buddy cop drama Common Law starring Michael Ealy. The project, from CBS TV Studios and Jon Turteltaub's Junction Entertainment, centers on polar-opposite LAPD homicide detectives Travis Marks (Ealy) and Wes Mitchell (Warren Kole), whose nonstop bickering and acrimony prompts their no-nonsense captain Phil Sutton (Jack McGee) to send them to a couples therapist. The role of the therapist, played in the pilot by Amy Acker, will be recast, along with another, smaller part...."

It will be "blue skies" though.Everything ends up blue on USA!

Sounds like more fluff along the lines of that silly "Psych" so WHO THE HELL CARES???

Edited by jr6020, 15 June 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#46 Flatpack

Flatpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

I dunno who cares but USA is always advertising itself as Top Cable Top Cat.
They did it again this week over the return of White Collar and Covert Affairs.

Is it in Trophy Wine where Eames wears her badge round her neck like a medallion? That always makes me giggle. Richie, the squad extra, was the first to do that as medallion man in season 6.

There are some very funny bits they slip in and they often get missed...like the dog in the pram in Cadaver. They mention the lab rats which is obvious cruelty,then show the pram dog which is another form of cruelty.Neither animal gets to be the animal it should be.

#47 cluck73

cluck73

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

In the early seasons Eames always wore her badge around her neck. I wonder when she started clipping it to her clothes?
__ ------ ----

#48 QuaxoCoricopat

QuaxoCoricopat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

In the early seasons Eames always wore her badge around her neck. I wonder when she started clipping it to her clothes?

I wonder if it has to do with when they both started dressing down. Watching earlier seasons Eames wears a lot of pant suits (...some horrible, horrible pantsuits occasionally). If you were wearing a nice suit a woman would not want to ruin the line or damage the fabric by clipping it to the pant -- not to mention a lot of women's suit pants don't have belt loops to easily attach to anyway. When they started wearing khakis and denims, which are sturdier materials that tend to have belt loops designed into the pant, it would make sense to start to clipping the badge to her waist where it can easily be hidden with a blazer if need be and still be at hand when needed.

#49 Flatpack

Flatpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

You are right, cluck73,it seems to be a mixture in those earlier years with Eames.
I cant remember Goren doing it though.
Richie is the first time I remember it round the neck of a male detective....it looked so weird in that episode and thats why I noticed.

#50 Firefall

Firefall

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

Looking back,

This episode focused on corruption in the Wine Business.

Rispetto focused on corruption in the Fashion Business.

Consoler focused on corruption in Church Business.

Boot on the Ground focused on corruption in the Arms Business.

Last Street in Manhatten focused on corruption in Financial Business.

Cadaver focused on corruption in Medical Business.

Icarus looks like it might be dealing with corruption in the Entertainment Business.

There seems to be alot of corruption in the business world.

Flatpack, that's funny and quite interesting. It's like an "American Greed" themed season. (American Greed is a show on CNBC which focus mostly corruption in business)

Edited by Firefall, 19 June 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#51 Flatpack

Flatpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

I dont know "American Greed", Firefall, but I must check it out. Thanks.

This episode was apparently filmed at New York City Winery.

Amongst the many bloggers and sites on LOCI/VDO there is this one whose owner was present at all the film shoots this season (except Trophy Wine because she missed the call!).Anyway she has recorded photos and video from every episode, and she identifies all the locations....streets,buildings etc.

Its amazing;the dedication and energy.Not many shows can claim that!

#52 flashymom

flashymom

Queen of the Universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,864 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hello fellow VDO fans:

Most of you know this has been declared the final season of LOCI. However, Vincent and Kate have expressed interest in continuing the show and Kate has urged us to let USA know if we feel the same way.

Here is some contact info if you do:

Call the NBC switchboard at 212-664-4444, and ask to leave a message on the USA Network Viewer Hotline.

Email feedback@usanetwork.com.
Chief of Security, USS NoRomo; Queen of the Universe and Ruler of All She Surveys, lol!

#53 Flatpack

Flatpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

Flashymom, maybe this is a ray of hope for those who want more?
Someone on another site says Wolf is to announce his new pilot with USA after the LOCI Finale.
And VDO has also said he is in talks to do a new show with cable TV,not specifying which cable.

Is it possible they are doing this together and that it might involve Goren?

#54 ciaddict

ciaddict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

Someone on another site says Wolf is to announce his new pilot with USA after the LOCI Finale.
And VDO has also said he is in talks to do a new show with cable TV,not specifying which cable.

If it does, I hope it involves Eames as well. ::crossing fingers::
Posted Image

WELCOME HOME, BOBBY AND ALEX!!!

#55 flashymom

flashymom

Queen of the Universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,864 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

fkfooimns cviaddicv ijn cxrpoddoijmng;l.

sorry about that... I was TRYING to type: Joins ciaddict in crossing fingers, with CROSSED FINGERS! :P
Chief of Security, USS NoRomo; Queen of the Universe and Ruler of All She Surveys, lol!

#56 ciaddict

ciaddict

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

I thought I would bump up season 10 episode threads in case anyone wants to discuss them in preparation for tomorrow night.
Posted Image

WELCOME HOME, BOBBY AND ALEX!!!

#57 Flatpack

Flatpack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:24 AM

This one had me in fits of laughter!

The mood of each episode this season has been so different, a range of emotions.
Im worn out before the Finale!!!!

#58 AndP

AndP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:34 PM

Andrea is totally amazing. A great actress and IRL such a sweet woman. She's also fantastic in recent movie called Committed that she stars in.

#59 AndP

AndP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

I would love to know more about Eames' request for a new partner, why and what changed her mind in the end.

They covered that in the second half of In the Wee Small Hours.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved