• Please log in to reply
1690 replies to this topic

#1 barbara_ann

barbara_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

Now that Season 2 is coming to an end, lets start talking about Season 3 about your Theories and Speculations of Season 3. Please remember to use the Spoiler Discussion Spoiler Discussion thread if you want to discuss what you've seen in the promos or read online, in interviews, etc.

This discussion is for speculation and theories only. If you mention a spoiler, please use Spoiler Tags.

Edited by LI_Ann, 24 February 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#2 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Now that Season 2 is coming to an end, lets start talking about Season 3 and what you would like or not like to see in Season 3.

I think sometime in the near future, they are going to address the issue with Neal's parents. They talked a little bit about it in one episode a few weeks ago, but never really got into it a great deal. I have a thought about that. I don't know if anyone else remembers the tv show Remington Steele, but I could see bringing the two shows together. Pierce Brosnan played Steele, who was basically Neal. I could see getting Brosnan to play Matt Bomer's/Neal Caffrey's father. They even look a little a like. They both have dark hair, blue eyes, I would guess about the same height & similar body types. Anyway, if you aren't aware of the show Remington Steele was a thief and a con man and he cons his way into being this fictitious person Remington Steele who is supposed to be a private investigator. There is no Remington Steele until he takes on the role, made up by Laura Holt(Stephanie Zimbalist), who actually the real detective. I remember the show and I see alot of similarities between Remington Steele & Neal Caffrey. What do you think?

#3 barbara_ann

barbara_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

I think sometime in the near future, they are going to address the issue with Neal's parents. They talked a little bit about it in one episode a few weeks ago, but never really got into it a great deal. I have a thought about that. I don't know if anyone else remembers the tv show Remington Steele, but I could see bringing the two shows together. Pierce Brosnan played Steele, who was basically Neal. I could see getting Brosnan to play Matt Bomer's/Neal Caffrey's father. They even look a little a like. They both have dark hair, blue eyes, I would guess about the same height & similar body types. Anyway, if you aren't aware of the show Remington Steele was a thief and a con man and he cons his way into being this fictitious person Remington Steele who is supposed to be a private investigator. There is no Remington Steele until he takes on the role, made up by Laura Holt(Stephanie Zimbalist), who actually the real detective. I remember the show and I see alot of similarities between Remington Steele & Neal Caffrey. What do you think?

I agree with you Pierce could be a great actor to be Neal's dad, like you said he has the same hair and eye color and his character was a con-man...good choice

#4 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

I agree with you Pierce could be a great actor to be Neal's dad, like you said he has the same hair and eye color and his character was a con-man...good choice

Remington Steele was one of my all time favorite TV shows! And I love Pierce Brosnan. I have always thought he would be such an appropriate choice to play Neal's dad. And with added irony given his past as Remington Steele.

I do wonder if Neal's dad will be a focus in S3. They did seem to introduce the topic quite deliberately so that would not be surprising. But since JE and MB have both said that the end of the finale is totally unexpected, I'm betting that they introduce yet another mystery for our boys to tackle.

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#5 elledeegee

elledeegee

White Collarus Fan Fictionus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Remington Steele was one of my all time favorite TV shows! And I love Pierce Brosnan. I have always thought he would be such an appropriate choice to play Neal's dad. And with added irony given his past as Remington Steele.

I do wonder if Neal's dad will be a focus in S3. They did seem to introduce the topic quite deliberately so that would not be surprising. But since JE and MB have both said that the end of the finale is totally unexpected, I'm betting that they introduce yet another mystery for our boys to tackle.

So who would we think would play his mom if she's living?
Possible she's not but never know.
Posted Image

Neal: I want to buy a bakery.
Mozz: I like donuts.
Neal: Hot and fresh, just the way momma made them.
Mozz: Bear claws?
Neal: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Mozz: Mmmmm...
Neal: Right here.

#6 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

Well, Neal's dad was a dirty cop and Pierce Brosnan is a British actor without any history of playing anyone with an American accent, at least not that I've seen. Of course he could have been a dirty British cop in Boston, where there are a lot of cops with British historical backgrounds. RS was one of my favorite shows too, and I was able to buy the 1st season on DVD a few years ago. However, it's not on HD and I hate that SD picture.

#7 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

Now that we know that Neal's dad is a dirty cop, I don't know if Pierce Brosnan, in a Remington Steele type character, would be a good fit. Before we knew about Neal's dad, I had once brought up that Pierce Brosnan would be a great dad.

Matt Bomer had mentioned that he would like Powers Boothe to play his father. Now I can picture Powers Boothe being a dirty cop.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#8 elledeegee

elledeegee

White Collarus Fan Fictionus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Now that we know that Neal's dad is a dirty cop, I don't know if Pierce Brosnan, in a Remington Steele type character, would be a good fit. Before we knew about Neal's dad, I had once brought up that Pierce Brosnan would be a great dad.

Matt Bomer had mentioned that he would like Powers Boothe to play his father. Now I can picture Powers Boothe being a dirty cop.

and he's kind of scary looking at times.
Posted Image

Neal: I want to buy a bakery.
Mozz: I like donuts.
Neal: Hot and fresh, just the way momma made them.
Mozz: Bear claws?
Neal: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Mozz: Mmmmm...
Neal: Right here.

#9 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

and he's kind of scary looking at times.

Exactly, like a dirty cop who's been on the run for over 20 years.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#10 Joe_Henderson

Joe_Henderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

I can say that so far, it's shaping up to be really, really cool. :)

#11 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

Ah Joe, give us some small details ... ;)

PBASBanner62.jpg

#12 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

And of course, you are going to torment us and make us wait until July!
Cathy

#13 ilee1990

ilee1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

Highly unlikely that they will hire Pierce Brosnan on their budget.

In the sides of the script that JE posted today, there is a question about whether or not they should introduce a Midas comparison to Neal to set up S3. Midas had the touch of gold and unfortunately, he touched his daughter. I don't think they mean giving Neal a daughter but rather something along the lines of "be careful what you wish for"..

Edited by ilee1990, 03 March 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#14 Sedona

Sedona

Peter Burke Appreciation Society

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:14 AM

Well, Neal's dad was a dirty cop and Pierce Brosnan is a British actor without any history of playing anyone with an American accent, at least not that I've seen. Of course he could have been a dirty British cop in Boston, where there are a lot of cops with British historical backgrounds. RS was one of my favorite shows too, and I was able to buy the 1st season on DVD a few years ago. However, it's not on HD and I hate that SD picture.

If memory serves, Pierce Brosnan is Irish, not British. Huge difference to the countries involved.
Posted Image

#15 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:03 AM

Now that Season 2 is coming to an end, lets start talking about Season 3 and what you would like or not like to see in Season 3.

Things I want to see:

--Peter and El in their bedroom, or more romance between them. Please? They're so hot together!
--Shirtless Peter. I hear rumors swirling about a scene that got cut. We should get at least one on-screen moment.
--Back story on everyone. I'd like to learn a little more about Elizabeth, Peter and Jones. I'm assuming we're going to see more of Neal's family, and we'll probably hear about Sara some more too.
--Where did Mozzie's name come from? :D
--I'd love to see Christie.
--More of Neal doing art. I like that.
--A hobby of Peter's.
--Peter and Neal being annoyed with/mad at each other.

Things I don't want to see:

--Neal and Sara's romance thingie to become massively angsty. I would love for it to be simple and to just progress with very few set-backs until they either hook up officially or decide it isn't going to work.
--I don't want to see Peter/El's relationship to hit any major rocky spots. I like that they have a stable relationship even when it hits a few bumps. I don't want to see them have a huge fight.
-- fg01ttttttt,ml <--- Whatever that is. My cat wrote it so you might need a translator.

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#16 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,942 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Things I want to see:

--Peter and El in their bedroom, or more romance between them. Please? They're so hot together!
--Shirtless Peter. I hear rumors swirling about a scene that got cut. We should get at least one on-screen moment.
--Back story on everyone. I'd like to learn a little more about Elizabeth, Peter and Jones. I'm assuming we're going to see more of Neal's family, and we'll probably hear about Sara some more too.
--Where did Mozzie's name come from? :D
--I'd love to see Christie.
--More of Neal doing art. I like that.
--A hobby of Peter's.
--Peter and Neal being annoyed with/mad at each other.

Things I don't want to see:

--Neal and Sara's romance thingie to become massively angsty. I would love for it to be simple and to just progress with very few set-backs until they either hook up officially or decide it isn't going to work.
--I don't want to see Peter/El's relationship to hit any major rocky spots. I like that they have a stable relationship even when it hits a few bumps. I don't want to see them have a huge fight.
-- fg01ttttttt,ml <--- Whatever that is. My cat wrote it so you might need a translator.

I like a lot of the things you're thinking about here. Neal doing what Neal does...did...especially the art. He was doing Manet, or was it Monet?, in Forging Bonds just to clear his mind. That was interesting. It would be OK to put a shirtless Peter in there maybe once or twice, but in doing that you take away this characters steadfast, serious, hard working FBI Agent persona. Peter is a real person. Whereas, Neal is a confidence man who uses everyhting in his arsonnal, including his body, to get what he wants. You do that to Peter and you lose that serious, believable character who has really held the team together. Tim is really looking good though, especially this second half of the season. If you've noticed, I think Willie has been doing some working out. Oooo, now there's something to blow your mind. Since all 3 men I believe live in So. Cal., not sure about Willie, picture them getting together now and then and working out at the gym. Hmmm. I believe Mozzie should remain as secretive as possible.

#17 Matarreyes

Matarreyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

More then inventing things I would like to see, I can count things that have already been hinted at, to see where they could lead us:

- Nealīs true past. This season only scratched the surface. We still donīt know what happened teen Neal until he came to NY (no record until 18 years - very suspicious, and makes me think that Neal Caffrey is only the first of his many aliases). Daddy Dearest is probably alive and has an interesting backstory. Momma Caffrey is probably alive too - my bet is on her being a nice but dull, law abiding, churchgoing, next door old lady in a midstatus neighbourhood full of little identical houses.

- Neal getting some acknowlegdement for his original work. The second season has seen him painting more and more, which I love because itīs the kind of quiet personal growth that gets written in the episodes without much flaundering, and just feels right. After Forging Bonds, we can safely say the Neal has had no formal art education. He therefore didnīt use his cultivated skills to forge paintings while foregoing a promising art career, but rather taught himself while stumbling through his criminal life. There is a great difference there. I suspect that painting for real is something that has never even occurred to him. I would enjoy a storyline where Neal discovers heīs good enough at it to maybe consider it as a career. After all, I donīt think he can do better then CI in the FBI world even after his sentence is up, being a felon.

- Neal and Sara. Squee! I would dig a nice, angst free flirting of 2 gorgeous and clever characters, but I would also dig a Raphael-related fallout and backstabbing. So many possibilities!

- Regarding Peter, I am torn. The "problem" with Peterīs character is that he is presented from the get go as a fully developed person. He has his firm place in the world, with a job and a wife and everything he wants or needs. While this is interesting and refreshing to watch (not many shows have such characters and can pull them off so successfully), it also creates the problem of zero development. While Neal has miles to go, Peter is already there, you just canīt develop him any more. He has no dilemmas, little to no angst, and all those things make characters more alive and likable. For my part, I would like him to have some (real) problems, like a suspension or a family fight that lasts more than half an episode. More then anything, I would want to see him torn between helping Neal and sticking with the law, in a situation where the law is in the wrong. I realise, though, that meddling too much could destroy the character. All in all, I am not a Peter girl, so I could roll with anything.

- More scenes with Hudges and Neal. Just because I dig Matt Bomerīs body language when heīs portraying Neal as truly cowed in the face of Big Authority (and he rarely does it for Peter anymore). He is kind of delicious in those situations, and I am kind of shallow. On the same note, more Neal-Diana and Neal-Jones interactions.

- Can we have another sweet Juneīs granddaughter cameo, please?

#18 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

More then inventing things I would like to see, I can count things that have already been hinted at, to see where they could lead us:

- Regarding Peter, I am torn. The "problem" with Peterīs character is that he is presented from the get go as a fully developed person. He has his firm place in the world, with a job and a wife and everything he wants or needs. While this is interesting and refreshing to watch (not many shows have such characters and can pull them off so successfully), it also creates the problem of zero development. While Neal has miles to go, Peter is already there, you just canīt develop him any more. He has no dilemmas, little to no angst, and all those things make characters more alive and likable. For my part, I would like him to have some (real) problems, like a suspension or a family fight that lasts more than half an episode. More then anything, I would want to see him torn between helping Neal and sticking with the law, in a situation where the law is in the wrong. I realise, though, that meddling too much could destroy the character. All in all, I am not a Peter girl, so I could roll with anything.

The key for a character with Peter is to not muck around with changing his character a great deal, but to explore his past and have that show up now and again. Why or how did he get into the FBI? Why is he so awkward in social situations? Maybe a partner from the past comes back. Things like that. I have my own head canon for why Peter is so fail in the face of dealing with people at a personal level. It would be neat if the writers did something like that.

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#19 Matarreyes

Matarreyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

The key for a character with Peter is to not muck around with changing his character a great deal, but to explore his past and have that show up now and again.

Difference of opinion, but I donīt find that idea enticing. Peter is a hardworking person and one of those classic self-made American Dream Characters as far as I can judge. Flashbacks / "past" episodes are always tricky, but flashbacks about characters that do not have a mysterious background to begin with? Iīll pass. Now exploring his rogue side, that I would be interested in watching. And I mean really exploring, not brush-the-consecuences-under-the-carpet thing of Power Play. If the show wanted (and I know they donīt, and I also know they are right, mostly because Neal is much better to explore all the heavy emotional angst) they could do loads of really cool stuff with Peter. How would he react if someone were to really hurt his wife? Itīs one thing for Peter to lecture Neal about justice being enough, and quite another to really know what heīs talking about.

Not quite related, but close, is the fact that I really want Peter to acknowledge / process / come to terms with the fact that heīs openly condoning loads of Nealīs illegal shenanigans so long as they help him solve his cases. From the time Neal stole from a judge in Bad Judgement, to the time Neal helped him run the Burkeīs Seven crew (the writers can make a character say "nothing of this is illegal", but intercepting phonecalls actually IS. Agent Burke committed a crime. No two ways around it). For someone who is trying to "reeducate" a conman, he sure looks the other way a lot when it suits him. And heīs doing it more in this 2nd season. Not saying that he shouldnīt, only that he should be made aware of it. Heīd be more interesting for me to watch, too.

#20 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

Difference of opinion, but I donīt find that idea enticing. Peter is a hardworking person and one of those classic self-made American Dream Characters as far as I can judge. Flashbacks / "past" episodes are always tricky, but flashbacks about characters that do not have a mysterious background to begin with? Iīll pass.

Maybe I was unclear. I didn't mean a flashback episode. I meant that something from Peter's past should come up in the series. We do it all the time with Neal...it'd be interesting to see something/someone from Peter's past come to the foreground. Just because Peter is hardworking and 'self-made' doesn't mean he has had an easy, simple life. There are a lot of ways to play around with his past. You don't have to be mysterious to have an interesting history. ;-)

Now exploring his rogue side, that I would be interested in watching. And I mean really exploring, not brush-the-consecuences-under-the-carpet thing of Power Play. If the show wanted (and I know they donīt, and I also know they are right, mostly because Neal is much better to explore all the heavy emotional angst) they could do loads of really cool stuff with Peter. How would he react if someone were to really hurt his wife? Itīs one thing for Peter to lecture Neal about justice being enough, and quite another to really know what heīs talking about.

I don't want to play around too much with who Peter is because that could change him too much.

Not quite related, but close, is the fact that I really want Peter to acknowledge / process / come to terms with the fact that heīs openly condoning loads of Nealīs illegal shenanigans so long as they help him solve his cases. From the time Neal stole from a judge in Bad Judgement, to the time Neal helped him run the Burkeīs Seven crew (the writers can make a character say "nothing of this is illegal", but intercepting phonecalls actually IS. Agent Burke committed a crime. No two ways around it). For someone who is trying to "reeducate" a conman, he sure looks the other way a lot when it suits him. And heīs doing it more in this 2nd season. Not saying that he shouldnīt, only that he should be made aware of it. Heīd be more interesting for me to watch, too.

Pretty much from the start, Peter has overlooked a lot of what Neal has done. I'm not quite sure about the phone call thing, since there are companies that are legally run that reroute phone calls for purposes of creating an alibi. Or at least there's one company. I don't know how many of them exist, to be honest. -ponders-

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved