• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LoopyinNY

LoopyinNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

I absolutely love the WKC dog show...but does it bother anyone else when they see the dogs that are unhealthy?<BR><BR>The bulldogs? The pekes? The German sheperd dogs? They might fit the breed standards, but its not healthy for a dog to have his lower jaws longer than their upper jaw. Or in the case of the german sheperd dog, its back is so sloped that it renders this dog useless in the field that its bred for. <BR>Some of these dogs cant even breed on their own. If a dog is unable to breed on its own or breathe correctly how can anyone say that its a healthy dog?<BR><BR>I just need to vent and was wondering if this bothers anyone else like it does me...<BR><BR>Loopy in NY

#2 blueshoes

blueshoes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

That is the way the german sheperd should be, He was wonderful. they are to pace like that. I do not like the fact that there is zero chocolate lab's in the show.
And most of the time the ones they pick, as winners are the terriers. And poodles. The newfoundland that was black and white was so pretty.
Oh the dogs are healthly, for sure, They are well cared for. And kept trim. Like there standards should be. Its after they retire that I can bet they eat anything they want.
I wonder who the dogs live with when they are out of the ring, when the owners are two different people. And after the dog retires who gets the dog.

#3 miku

miku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

Sorry but the GSD was so overangulated that his back feet got caught up in his front feet, causing him/her to stumble! The AKC has nothing to do w/ the standards. The standards are written, maintained and changed by the national breed clubs. In many cases the US standards are pretty much the same as the standard from the breed's country of origin. The Bulldog standard for example was originally writted in Victorian England. The problem isn't neccessarily the standard either, but rather how the breeders and judges interpret it. If the judges didn't award a certain look, the breeders would continue w/ it and if the breeders didn't breed a certain look the judges couldn't put it up. And again it's the breed clubs that are in charge of educating the judges on their respective breeds.

Edited by miku, 16 February 2011 - 01:18 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved