• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Lally

Lally

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

I've been in serious "Covert Affairs" withdrawal (well, mainly Auggie withdrawal) for a while now and hoped to watch my favourite episode "Communication Breakdown" this past weekend. I was able to find only the final two episodes from S1 online. Why aren't the other episodes available, especially since they're apparently not going to release it on DVD for several more months??

Anyone?

#2 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Sadly, it's just the way the USA Network is. They don't leave episodes up for long. Hopefully they'll have a Covert Affairs marathon on tv soon.

Edited to add: Also note the new policy for ONLINE EPISODES:

This is USA's new policy this year for online episodes, as they have posted on the full episodes page:

The first episodes of In Plain Sight, Suits and Necessary Roughness, and the first two episodes of White Collar, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice and Royal Pains, will be available online the day after they first air, with all remaining new episodes available 30 days after they first air.

And thusly same for Hulu.com, fancast.com, imdb.com, etc., as those sites base their airings on when USA puts them up.

People can also buy the episodes right away on iTunes, Amazon on Demand,etc. the day after they air.

Edited by NatashaFatale, 13 July 2011 - 11:31 PM.

713siggysmuse.png

#3 Holonet

Holonet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hello.
I was fortunately able to watch online the entire first season of Covert Affairs last year. I wish to do the same with season two, but you guys apparently stopped offering the episodes online after the first two episodes.

Would you please release every episode of season two online? I don't have access to the USA Network other than the Internet.

Please reconsider and thank you for reading. I really love Covert Affairs and the entire cast is wonderful.

#4 sullip

sullip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

yes, give us access to see our favorite USA show.
Thank you.

#5 AIWATA

AIWATA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

I THINK they are following their practice from last season, where the episode does not become available online until about a week or so after it airs on TV. At least I hope so, because otherwise I may not be able to see them all myself. Episode 203: "Bang and Blame" aired last Tuesday (I caught it on TV for once), so you may want to look for it online some time this week.

Fingers crossed!

#6 Holonet

Holonet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Just as I suspected, the USA Network will no longer let people who don't have cable TV to watch this great show online. Such a shame.

I wouldn't mind watching commercials online, so I don't see what the problem is with releasing all the season two episodes online.

Edited by Holonet, 01 July 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#7 monalisa

monalisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Yes..it is a shame. Although I watch it in real time sometimes I miss something,like what Arthur proposed to Auggie,and I like to review it online. Now they want me to pay 1.99 to see it . I would only download the full episode if Ben Mercer was in it. I'm wondering if this is a test to see what is popular. Interesting how they are handling this. Hope it dosen't lose a lot of fans for the show. Seems risky.

#8 melissammj

melissammj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

I was also upset about it no longer being available, so I went looking around. Hulu.com says the episodes will be available 30 days after air date. It may be a long time, but I'm thrilled they'll be online eventually.

#9 NatashaFatale

NatashaFatale

Ghost in the Machine

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Yup, that's correct, it's a 30 day wait.

This is USA's new policy this year for online episodes, as they have posted on the full episodes page:

The first episodes of In Plain Sight, Suits and Necessary Roughness, and the first two episodes of White Collar, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice and Royal Pains, will be available online the day after they first air, with all remaining new episodes available 30 days after they first air.

And thusly same for Hulu.com, fancast.com, imdb.com, etc., as those sites base their airings on when USA puts them up.

I have no idea why USA does it this way (I don't work for the show or USA, I'm just a fan, volunteering as a moderator) - every year it seems like they make the wait to watch online longer & longer. Probably due to advertising dollars (they get more for tv aired commercials I'm sure, than online ads), not sure.

People can also buy the episodes right away on iTunes, Amazon on Demand,etc. the day after they air.

Edited by NatashaFatale, 30 June 2011 - 07:40 PM.

713siggysmuse.png

#10 Holonet

Holonet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Natasha, thank you for the information!

I'm glad I can look forward to watching the rest of the season eventually. They should have at least put that notice on the Covert Affairs front page so that people like me won't falsely think full episodes are no longer being offered online.

#11 voltesv

voltesv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

I haven't had cable tv for over 3 years now so I can only catch shows like this one when its online or when I visit family(On Demand) is pretty handy. Or the old fashioned way: wait for the DVD releases.

I could buy and download from iTunes...but I'd rather get the physical DVDs instead.

Me not having cable tv is by choice, and I don't really watch a whole lot of tv anyway.
"Easy, peasy." - Sam Axe(Burn Notice)
Posted Image

#12 Sunny0226

Sunny0226

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

I have no idea why USA does it this way (I don't work for the show or USA, I'm just a fan, volunteering as a moderator) - every year it seems like they make the wait to watch online longer & longer. Probably due to advertising dollars (they get more for tv aired commercials I'm sure, than online ads), not sure.

Thanks Natasha, for explaining that to everyone!!

SunnyPosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#13 AIWATA

AIWATA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

Yes, thank you for enlightening me -- there is no telling how long it would have taken me to find this out otherwise.

#14 Itsmeagain1

Itsmeagain1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

I have been watching this show online for a while and lately there haven't been any new episodes. Can you tell me why this is? I haven't been able to watch any of the newest episodes and I can't stand it. I love this show! Please help. Thanks.

#15 Cannesull

Cannesull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

I watched the new one last night and there is a new one on next Tuesday night as well.

#16 AprilleM2425

AprilleM2425

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

I was hoping to watch the online episodes for Covert Affairs online, but have been unable to find any season 2 episodes anywhere. Could someone please post a link to them or explain why I'm not finding them? Thanks.

#17 monalisa

monalisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

I was hoping to watch the online episodes for Covert Affairs online, but have been unable to find any season 2 episodes anywhere. Could someone please post a link to them or explain why I'm not finding them? Thanks.

I read that they will put up each episode after 30 days from the date each was shown. Its a new policy they use for season2 episodes.

#18 crony1

crony1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

USA used to be one of the best at putting their shows online quickly. Now I have been unable to see the new seasons of Covert and Psych, used to be two of my favorite shows, because USA has decided to be assholes or just lazy. Whatever the reason, they've lost me and I'm probably not the only one. Well done USA network.

#19 USAvote

USAvote

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

USA used to be one of the best at putting their shows online quickly. Now I have been unable to see the new seasons of Covert and Psych, used to be two of my favorite shows, because USA has decided to be assholes or just lazy. Whatever the reason, they've lost me and I'm probably not the only one. Well done USA network.

#20 Cats22

Cats22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved