Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

What About the Charger?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: What About the Charger? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Think It'll Be Back?

1. Yes (43 votes [91.49%])

Percentage of vote: 91.49%

2. No (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RPD

RPD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:42 AM

Surely they'll bring it back next season...

Edited by RPD, 18 December 2010 - 03:49 AM.

#2 InvisibleRain

InvisibleRain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

AND Fi's car!! *cries*.... the Charger better be back for next season............. it better!!!

Posted Image

Michael Westen Owns James Bond with Duct Tape! <3

#3 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

I agree. They are better fix it or find another one just like it. Listen to the commentary for the episode and Matt Nix talks about the Charger.
Posted Image

#4 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,472 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

I agree. They are better fix it or find another one just like it. Listen to the commentary for the episode and Matt Nix talks about the Charger.

Yes, indeed, bcmom. I agree. The Charger will be back.

Perhaps the Taylor brothers (from Brotherly Love) will fix it....
......... and it will be in perfect condition at Maddy's house waiting for Michael to return to Miami. :P

Edited by LI_Ann, 18 December 2010 - 02:14 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#5 gksmith

gksmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

They KILLED the Charger! NOOOOO!!!!

I was starting to think this was a series finale instead of a season finale. The only remaining bad guys come outÖand dieÖor get arrested. The Charger gets blown up (oh that hurt to watch).

I voted that they would bring back the Charger but I really donít see how. He BLEW IT UP. This isnít like when he damaged it with the propane tank or it was shot a few times in the line of duty. HE BLEW IT UP!

If they bring back the Charger, they better have a really good explanation.
gksmith
Greg Smith on Facebook

Next week there canít be any crisis. My schedule is already full. Henry A. Kissinger

#6 kusa23

kusa23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

Yes, indeed, bcmom. I agree. The Charger will be back.

......... and it will be in perfect condition at Maddy's house waiting for Michael to return to Miami. :P

Well, of course I'd like to see it back...but I don't know....they blew it up pretty good with Evelyn....but this one seemed even BIGGER! I want to say no...but they brought it back then, and I thought THAT was impossible....but with that history and the Taylors....I don't know....maybe?

Where's that option : D

KA23 B)

Always Do the Best You Can with What You've Got!
Expect The Unexpected, And You Won't Be Disappointed....

#7 karinchu

karinchu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

maybe the brothers find a double and fix it up in payment to Michael.

#8 CAGilder

CAGilder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Re: The Charger

Dear Mr. Nix,

I would like to point out that many BN fans, me included, consider the Charger an important part of the team. While I understand why Michael thought it necessary to destroy the Charger in such a powerful and magnificent way, it was disconcerting to see the Charger's "death" mean so little. It didn't even slow the bad guys down.

I sincerely hope you are planning on bringing the iconic vehicle back next season. May I point out that the other important Miami television show also had its iconic vehicle destroyed and replaced. The second vehicle was not quite the same, and, quite frankly, neither were Sonny or Tubbs. Some people point out that the replacement of Sonny's (fake) black Ferrari with a white (genuine) Ferrari was about the time Miami Vice "jumped the shark."

There was another iconic vehicle that had a very prominent place in a trio of science fiction movies. I've read that Lucas originally destroyed the Millenium Falcon in Return of the Jedi, but test audiences were so distraught, he modified the ending so that the ship survived. Alas, it is too late to change that part of the show, and I'm not exactly suggesting that's necessary... but it's important to understand how important vehicles are as characters.

As I've let many people on this board know, my family owned many Chargers in the late seventies to early eighties; some were purchased new, some were purchased used. At one time, we had 4 Dodge Chargers parked in front of my parent's house, ranging from the 1971 Charger to the 1974 Charger my father drove. You've got a burned out Charger? Trust me, it can be repaired. My brother once bought two junked Chargers (one black, one red) to fix his black 1973 Charger. In fact, if you need his expertise, I'll gladly send him down to Florida to help you out. (No, none of us still own those magnificent cars, but my dad is driving a 2009 Charger -- nope, definitely not the same, if you ask me.)

So, pleaseÖ resurrect the Charger! Yes, you had me at Bruce Campbell, but when the Charger showed up just a couple of episodes in, you won me as a life-long BN fan, even if Jesse maintains his status as part of the team.

Sincerely,
C.A. Gilder
Certified Burnologist

Posted Image

#9 RPD

RPD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

AND Fi's car!! *cries*.... the Charger better be back for next season............. it better!!!

I'm guessing Fiona's car is gone, even though I dig it. She gets a new ride every so often, anyway...

#10 RPD

RPD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

Hadn't thought about that, but it makes perfect sense. I bet you're right...

#11 crazymoose

crazymoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

NNNOOOOOO --- NOT THE CHARGER!!!!!! THAT CAR BELONGED TO MICHAEL'S DAD!!! THERE IS NO OTHER CAR FOR MICHAEL WESTON!!!

I agree though, if the Charger is brought back -- it has to be believable. Nothing too cheesey or ridiculous -- give your viewers some respect.

#12 BN8802

BN8802

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

If the Charger is brought back, it should be upgraded with some new devices or something. :P

Posted Image

#13 Gater_pi

Gater_pi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

of course, as a life-long Dodge muscle car guy, I HATED to see what happened! It can be rebuilt, they have the technology - and it's not enough to just replace it with another one, because THIS one was his father's car - there's a sentimentality to it - even if they didn't get along.

I've seen cars in much worse shape go on to be rebuilt better and even win show competitions. It'll be back...unless they wanna put him in a Hemi Challenger!

#14 RubyAlison

RubyAlison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

Wasn't there a behind the scenes comment at one point about how it was getting harder to find Chargers and replacement parts needed for filming? I was thinking maybe they blew it up as a production necessity because they had exhausted the Charger resources available and needed to move on to a different vehicle type...

Definitely a huge gasp from when that happened though...

#15 MsSully

MsSully

All Burn Notice, all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

I definitely think the Taylors have the Charger and are fixing it. I can't see Sam letting that loose end go.

Posted Image

#16 Tilly11

Tilly11

Field Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

I kinda think that was the whole REASON for that line in Brotherly Love: "If you need any work done on that Charger, give us a call. Treat 'er like family." It wasn't a throw-away line, rather more setting up a big repair for the Charger that Michael simply wouldn't be able to do himself. So yeah, I'm agreeing with those who think it will be waiting for Michael's return.

But hey, anyone notice that the SOJ vanished in a roof-top fight again??? :o

643463c4-7f17-4e33-b7f1-c490d83a7863.jpg

Thank You to fanatic174 for this Sig!

#17 BN8802

BN8802

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

I kinda think that was the whole REASON for that line in Brotherly Love: "If you need any work done on that Charger, give us a call. Treat 'er like family." It wasn't a throw-away line, rather more setting up a big repair for the Charger that Michael simply wouldn't be able to do himself. So yeah, I'm agreeing with those who think it will be waiting for Michael's return.

But hey, anyone notice that the SOJ vanished in a roof-top fight again??? :o

I did. They did vanish during the fight. I wonder if they will make another return in Season 5? They better be!

As for what you said about the Charger, I agree. I think having those clients in Brotherly Love is a set up for that to happen. My instincts tell me that they will somehow get the Charger fixed and will hopefully have it upgraded with new features, such as GPS.

Posted Image

#18 addicted2BN

addicted2BN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:15 AM

OMG the Charger is part of the show lose it lose a big part of the show its almost like having Fi go back to Ireland or something men and their cars are like men and their women (ok maybe a stretch ) but we can'tlose the Charger lost the caddy lose theHyundai Gensis (whichBTW is a cool car ugly color )but lose the charger never

Edited by addicted2BN, 23 December 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#19 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

They KILLED the Charger! NOOOOO!!!!

I was starting to think this was a series finale instead of a season finale. The only remaining bad guys come outÖand dieÖor get arrested. The Charger gets blown up (oh that hurt to watch).

I voted that they would bring back the Charger but I really donít see how. He BLEW IT UP. This isnít like when he damaged it with the propane tank or it was shot a few times in the line of duty. HE BLEW IT UP!

If they bring back the Charger, they better have a really good explanation.

Since when do they need a GOOD explanation for anything they do on Burn Notice? Michael back to work after 3 days of being in a hospital bed following 2 operations and untold blood loss? We bought that! We'll buy the Taylor Brothers restoring the Charger. Come on - if we wanted reality TV, we'd be watching the evening news! In Burn Notice Land, EVERYTHING is possible! That's why we love it! (That's why we'd like to live there!)

#20 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

I definitely think the Taylors have the Charger and are fixing it. I can't see Sam letting that loose end go.

Heheheh - Loose End - good "play on words" from Season 2! Sam will take care of things for sure!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved