• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Krayde

Krayde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

Alright. Just finished watching the last episodes of season 4 now. Became curious and did some research on Matt Nixx & Jeffrey Donovan. So i first watched a interview with Jeffrey on Jimmy Kimmel show, were he said that a real Michel westen exists (but Michael Wilson IRL), a real Sam axe and a real Fiona exists. Then i start to look some things up on google, i search for Michael Wilson burn notice. On one interview with Matt Nix, he says that it was he and him, Michael Wilson, that together came up with this show, and that they've talked on phone a thousands of times, but never really met. On another longer and more detailed interview with Matt Nix, quote:

Our consulting producer, Michael Wilson, is a former private intelligence guy, he helps us with a lot of that stuff. We call him and say, "Hey Michael, we need to break a lock, where do you get Freon?" "Go to the store and get [a can of the stuff you use to clean a computer.]"
And oh, before i forget the most important factor in this, which made it very clear to myself is that Matt Nix mentions in one of these interviews that hes step-father was a NAVY-SEAL and he mentioned some un-important stuff there. But really, Michael Westen have two best friends, which is Sam & Fiona. Sam is a former NAVY SEAL, just like Matt Nix step father. Michael Wilson is a true fact that he does exist, then weather u choose to ignore the obvious facts that he really is the true Michael Westen or not, is ultimately up to u. You can also go to wikipedia and see that a Michael J. Wilson is as a Executive Producer.

The main point is, that Matt Nix is Michael Wilson's little brother. Now, in other words, hes Michael Westen's little brother who is the Master mind behind Burn Notice.

Sorry, but im really tired havnt sleept all night and this post is getting really messy and my English is trash, so please, if you have any Question about this, please Ask me and i shall answer what i know.

Edited by Krayde, 12 December 2010 - 04:41 AM.

#2 addicted2BN

addicted2BN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:07 AM

Somewhere there is a thread on that BN is based on a real spy. don't know where it is or how to word it on the search feature to find it

#3 Krayde

Krayde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

Somewhere there is a thread on that BN is based on a real spy. don't know where it is or how to word it on the search feature to find it

Well if u watch the video were Jeffrey Donovan is on the Jimmy Kimmel show, he says that its based on a true spy called Michael Wilson. Now, if you type Burn notice into google and look it up on Wiki, you will see that a person called Michael J. Wilson is on the Executive Producers list (think its executive producer). And still, the hardest proove of em all, the interviews with Matt Nix, were he explain how he and Michael Wilson talked on phone, and Michael Wilson being a former "Inteligence guy working with the goverment" . Now, what could this be? A diplomat? A politician? No, a Spy guys, a former Spy.

#4 sarahzilla

sarahzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:40 AM

Well if u watch the video were Jeffrey Donovan is on the Jimmy Kimmel show, he says that its based on a true spy called Michael Wilson. Now, if you type Burn notice into google and look it up on Wiki, you will see that a person called Michael J. Wilson is on the Executive Producers list (think its executive producer). And still, the hardest proove of em all, the interviews with Matt Nix, were he explain how he and Michael Wilson talked on phone, and Michael Wilson being a former "Inteligence guy working with the goverment" . Now, what could this be? A diplomat? A politician? No, a Spy guys, a former Spy.

Actually many times Spies can be politicians, diplomats, wives of diplomats etc... It's why there's a rule that people who have worked in the Peace Corps are not allowed to be hired by the CIA after their term, as I'm assuming in the past there have been Peace Corps people recruited by the CIA, and the Peace Corps does not want that associated with them.

I know Julia Child also used to be a spy. She was a part of the OSS. And there have been lots of other examples of people in very different positions acting as spies.

I guess what I'm trying to say that 'spy' is a very very broad term. It is pretty much anyone who covertly collects intelligence. And it's usually done on the side of their 'real' career. So who knows what Michael Wilson really did for the government. We'll probably never know. I'm just happy he wants to make the show as accurate as possible. I have a family member that has worked intelligence for the military and have done counter terrorism, and they love the show (of course it might also be because he thinks Gabrielle Anwar is hot...). But from some of the stories I've heard things have probably been toned down for TV.

#5 Krayde

Krayde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:50 AM

Actually many times Spies can be politicians, diplomats, wives of diplomats etc... It's why there's a rule that people who have worked in the Peace Corps are not allowed to be hired by the CIA after their term, as I'm assuming in the past there have been Peace Corps people recruited by the CIA, and the Peace Corps does not want that associated with them.

I know Julia Child also used to be a spy. She was a part of the OSS. And there have been lots of other examples of people in very different positions acting as spies.

I guess what I'm trying to say that 'spy' is a very very broad term. It is pretty much anyone who covertly collects intelligence. And it's usually done on the side of their 'real' career. So who knows what Michael Wilson really did for the government. We'll probably never know. I'm just happy he wants to make the show as accurate as possible. I have a family member that has worked intelligence for the military and have done counter terrorism, and they love the show (of course it might also be because he thinks Gabrielle Anwar is hot...). But from some of the stories I've heard things have probably been toned down for TV.

I see, interesting...
Well, i mean, to me it seems the highest possibility is that he was a spy beucase of what he knows. Every "tip" they give u in the show is from Michael Wilson's knowledge, now who posses this expertise if they are not a spy? :D
Overall, i think the facts i've found point mostly towards Michael Wilson is a ex- Spy :)

#6 Dreamer4ever

Dreamer4ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

I am not at all convinced Micheal Wilson actually exists. It wouldn't surprise me if Matt Nix made him up as a publicity thing.

Ex-spies (such as Robert Baer) have life-long, non-disclosure agreements that they have to adhere to, even after their careers are over. Robert Baer actually left the black redaction bars inside the manuscript of his book to show the viewers how it works. Anything "Micheal Wilson" would want to write would have to be submitted to the same scrutiny, and the show doesn't need that. If he actually exists, he is definitely not deeply involved.
Some men will never be heroes, some heroes will never be men.

#7 FiRocks

FiRocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

Hi! I bumped up the thread "real life burnt spies" which has bits of an article quoted where Matt Nix talks about Michael Wilson as well as links to various articles about him. You can find it here: http://forums.usanet...howtopic=439350

Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved