412 replies to this topic

#401 krocla

krocla

Agent Claire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

This morning there was a package in the mail that contained 'The Fall of Sam Axe' dvd that I pre-ordered. :) (Usually the mail is delivered around 3PM in the afternoon, so I was pleasantly surprised to hear a knock at my door and a package delivery!)

Here is a screen cap of the extras:

Posted Image

LOVED that there is commentary with Jeffrey, Bruce, and Matt. It was fun to listen to the guys, and I will listen to this again. My only disappointment is there are ONLY TWO (short) deleted scenes! Boo on that. :angry:

The packaging stated 'NEVER BEFORE SEEN EXTENDED CUT'. ;) It has been awhile since this movie aired...but I didn't notice any additional scenes when I watched the movie this afternoon so I'm unsure what this meant.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#402 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

I still have the original airing saved on my Tivo. Maybe I'll watch them simultaneously tomorrow and see if I notice anything different.

#403 krocla

krocla

Agent Claire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

That would be great if you have a chance to watch the original airing on your Tivo and the dvd petunia. :)

I just finished watching 'The Fall of Jeffrey Donovan' extra segment. It is over 11 minutes long and hilarious!! :lol: I'll definitely be watching again.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#404 USAfanatic1744

USAfanatic1744

"Plenty of Muscle"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

I still have the original airing saved on my Tivo. Maybe I'll watch them simultaneously tomorrow and see if I notice anything different.

That would be great if you have a chance to watch the original airing on your Tivo and the dvd petunia. :)

I just finished watching 'The Fall of Jeffrey Donovan' extra segment. It is over 11 minutes long and hilarious!! :lol: I'll definitely be watching again.

So my question is; should I buy the DVD just to view the 11min fall of JD because I don't think the movie itself is enough for me to buy the DVD.Posted Image

#405 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks, krocla.

So my question is; should I buy the DVD just to view the 11min fall of JD because I don't think the movie itself is enough for me to buy the DVD.Posted Image

FYI, I'm noticing on Twitter that there are some contests coming up to win the DVD. www.starrymag.com has one I just retweeted and there was at least one other I remember. Do a Twitter search to find more.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#406 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

All righty party people. I just finished my simulwatch of the DVD version of the movie and my original airing (hereafter: OA) tivoed version of the movie. There are indeed scenes on the DVDs that were not in the OA. Here you go...

1. At 3:12 (all times listed are DVD times) there's the scene where Sam's with that girl Donna in bed. In the OA they just roll right off the bed, but in the DVD version, there's some conversation before the roll off the bed. All of that conversation before they hit the floor is extra.

2. At 21:18, Sam comes back into the clinic with Beatrice and announces that they have a new plan. In the OA that scene just continues as Sam starts to gather supplies and explain what they're doing, but in the DVDs they cut to the court marshal location and there's a conversation between Sam and the guy in charge where they guy in charge is trying to get Sam to explain what happened to the clinic. That whole scene is new and then they cut back to right where they left off in the clinic.

3. A small one, but at 47:26, you may notice the guy who's taking notes is eating something while he works. Looks like a brownie or something. Anyway, the guy in charge asks Sam is he worked with Luis and then it cuts over to Sam as he answers. In the OA it just cuts back to the guy in charge continuing the conversation, "He was the senior operative..." In the DVDs though, when we cut back from Sam answering the questions there's a really short little thing where the notetaker guy offers the guy in charge some of his brownie. The guy in charge takes some, sticks it in his mouth, chews, and then gets back to the "he was the senior operative..." line.

4. At 48:11, there's the scene where Sam is teaching the farmers some high school football plays, and there's an extra play in there in the DVDs. In the OA it goes straight from the "Nickel Defense" to the "Prevent Defense." In the DVDs we also get to see the "Dime Defense."

So, there you go. That's all the differences. Not too much. That one at 21:18 is the longest. The Bruce Campbell fans will surely enjoy the extra shirtless time at 3:12 though. ;) Fun times.

#407 pwells228

pwells228

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

All righty party people. I just finished my simulwatch of the DVD version of the movie and my original airing (hereafter: OA) tivoed version of the movie. There are indeed scenes on the DVDs that were not in the OA. Here you go...

1. At 3:12 (all times listed are DVD times) there's the scene where Sam's with that girl Donna in bed. In the OA they just roll right off the bed, but in the DVD version, there's some conversation before the roll off the bed. All of that conversation before they hit the floor is extra.

2. At 21:18, Sam comes back into the clinic with Beatrice and announces that they have a new plan. In the OA that scene just continues as Sam starts to gather supplies and explain what they're doing, but in the DVDs they cut to the court marshal location and there's a conversation between Sam and the guy in charge where they guy in charge is trying to get Sam to explain what happened to the clinic. That whole scene is new and then they cut back to right where they left off in the clinic.

3. A small one, but at 47:26, you may notice the guy who's taking notes is eating something while he works. Looks like a brownie or something. Anyway, the guy in charge asks Sam is he worked with Luis and then it cuts over to Sam as he answers. In the OA it just cuts back to the guy in charge continuing the conversation, "He was the senior operative..." In the DVDs though, when we cut back from Sam answering the questions there's a really short little thing where the notetaker guy offers the guy in charge some of his brownie. The guy in charge takes some, sticks it in his mouth, chews, and then gets back to the "he was the senior operative..." line.

4. At 48:11, there's the scene where Sam is teaching the farmers some high school football plays, and there's an extra play in there in the DVDs. In the OA it goes straight from the "Nickel Defense" to the "Prevent Defense." In the DVDs we also get to see the "Dime Defense."

So, there you go. That's all the differences. Not too much. That one at 21:18 is the longest. The Bruce Campbell fans will surely enjoy the extra shirtless time at 3:12 though. ;) Fun times.

Thank you so much, petunia! That is fabulous! Um yeah, extra shirtless time... whoooo!!!!! :lol: ;)

Patti

bcbanner3.jpg

#408 SammyCandy

SammyCandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

1) Commentary with BC, JD and MN
2) The Fall of Jeffery Donovan
3) above mentioned extra shirtless time

= More than enough reasons to buy the DVD :) :) :)

Mine better be delivered today!!! (Come on, Amazon!!!)

#409 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

I really enjoyed the commentary. Just the three of them sitting in a room and chatting throughout the whole movie. That's what commentary should be! I wish we could get them to do that for every episode. Other shows manage it! *cough* Leverage and Community and 24 and countless others... *cough*

#410 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

Not sure if this is the reason in BN or not - but I find that shows that film on location (i.e. Miami or Toronto or Budapest) tend to have less commentary on their DVDs, etc. because it's harder to get the cast and crew together in a studio in the off season because they are all scattered around to their various homes or working on other projects. The shows that are able to get more commentary tend to be filmed mostly in the studio somewhere in or around LA...where the cast and crew tend to reside.

#411 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

This is starting to get off track, so this is this last I'll say about it, but Leverage is filmed entirely in Portland and for the last three years they've managed to have commentary on every episode from the producers, writers, and directors specific to each episode. This past season they managed to get some of the cast in on it too. If it's made a priority it can be done.

And...I'm off my soapbox.

#412 BN8802

BN8802

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

I got the DVD on the day of release via Amazon and I love it. :D I'm only disappointed in the fact that they cut out the Michael Westen spy talk footage at the beginning of Comic Con. Pisses me off big time, but otherwise, the extras were great!

Posted Image

#413 montekat

montekat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

I tried to watch this twice, but it was so bad I couldn't finish it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filming, Sam Axe, Bruce Campbell, Colombia

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved