Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

BN Schedule Issues (Updates on current season, online viewing, etc.)

Schedule on USA Online Viewing DVD Releases International Schedules Cloo Local Syndication Downloads

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

Burn Notice has completed its original run on USA Network.

It had 111 episodes and a TV movie. The seasons broke down as follows:

Season 1: 12 episodes, aired summer 2007.

Season 2: 16 episodes, aired 9 episodes summer 2008, 7 episodes winter 2009.

Season 3: 16 episodes, aired 9 episodes summer 2009, 7 episodes winter 2010.

Season 4. 18 episodes, aired 12 episodes summer 2010, 6 episodes fall 2010.

TV movie, “The Fall of Sam Axe,” aired April 2011.    

Season 5: 18 episodes, aired 12 episodes summer 2011, 6 episodes fall 2011.

Season 6. 18 episodes, aired 10 episodes summer 2012, 8 episodes fall 2012.

Season 7. 13 episodes, aired summer 2013.

Good details on the episodes are available on IMDB and the STVPlus Dashboard.

DVDs and Online Viewing

All 7 seasons and the Sam Axe movie have been released on DVD (several, not all, available in Blu-ray). You can buy all seasons on iTunes and Amazon Prime. Netflix has season 1-6 streaming. Season 7 will be available for streaming February 15. Note: Judging by tweets, on Netflix's season 6 streaming, the title cards are messed up.

Reruns on TV

USA Network: There are occasional early morning airings, but not regular enough to say. Best way to find them is to check Jeffrey's or Bruce's "Watch on TV" entries on their IMDB entries. 

CLOO Network: Still runs marathons.

Esquire TV (Formerly Style Network): Should start running it Sept 30 5-7 pm weekdays.
Ion TV. Begins airing reruns January 1, 2014. Check local listings for times.

Local listings: Weekend syndication exists on local stations. Check your local broadcast network stations, usually run 2 episodes sometime Saturday or Sunday.

Burn Notice in other countries: I rarely find info on specific air dates in other countries. If some of our international members have info, please share it in this thread.

Will Burn Notice ever come back?  Everyone in the cast and production seems open to revisiting the characters in the future, but there are no concrete plans. No one is writing a script or making plans with a network. Nothing is imminent.

Edited by Karendipitee, 02 February 2014 - 10:55 AM.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#2 TinChicago

TinChicago

Agent Bly

• Members
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

Thanks Karendipitee, this is a very convenient place to find the schedule.d I am really looking forward to this Thursday's Marathon! :D And also to spending my Thanksgiving Day-induced turkey coma on the couch with the team! :P B)
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Covert operatives and diplomats from all over the world mingling in Miami.
Michael has this weekend circled on his calendar every year."

#3 Tilly11

Tilly11

Field Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for this thread, Karendipitee! It is perfect to have one place for this information, and you do a terrific job of finding and sharing BN intel! Whenever I see a post by you, I know it will make me smile!

See? :D

643463c4-7f17-4e33-b7f1-c490d83a7863.jpg

Thank You to fanatic174 for this Sig!

#4 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,472 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

Thanks Karen. This thread is a great idea.

A two hour finale? Wow! That's a first for Burn Notice and a nice Christmas present too.

It just didn't make any sense to me for them to air the finale on December 23rd. I like this idea much better but I do wish there were more episodes. The double episode finale cuts down the number of weeks we get new episodes and it will be a long wait until June.

Edited by LI_Ann, 01 November 2010 - 12:25 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#5 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

Thank you Karen. :)
Posted Image

#6 cargram

cargram

Fiona, feisty and fabulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

:D Hi Karen! This is a great idea! I can't tell you how happy I am that there is no episode on Dec.23rd as the place will be crawling with family/visitors and I don't trust my recording ability! Thanks for sharing your great knowledge of all things BN! :D
Posted Image

sig courtesy of AggieThrower30

#7 JennaV

JennaV

• Moderators
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Karen, you rock!! Thanks so much for posting the schedule. Posted Image

#8 fli

fli

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

I wonder why they changed the time back to 10pm.

~WESTEN NOT WESTON~

#9 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

I wonder why they changed the time back to 10pm.

The time depends on what other original programming USA has. For this run, the only new shows out are Psych and BN, and thus, they have the 10 pm slot on Wednesdays and Thursdays, respectively. During the summer run, there are more original shows, which is why BN was paired with Royal Pains and White Collar with Covert Affairs (did Psych have anything else new with it this summer? Can't remember). So, I think they program the 10 pm hour first and 9 depends on whether or not there is something else new.

#10 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

Bumping this to remind everyone we have a marathon tomorrow: November 4, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., episodes 301 through 312 Friends and Family through Noble Causes)! :)

#11 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

I don't know if this is the same marathon but there was one on earlier today. Also, every Wednesday, MyTV is airing BN episodes starting with the Pilot!!!! They show episodes back to back, and this week, they just showed "Hard Bargain" (Season 1). It's not a marathon, I just thought that it might be useful for newbies to try and catch up....

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#12 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

I don't know if this is the same marathon but there was one on earlier today. Also, every Wednesday, MyTV is airing BN episodes starting with the Pilot!!!! They show episodes back to back, and this week, they just showed "Hard Bargain" (Season 1). It's not a marathon, I just thought that it might be useful for newbies to try and catch up....

Just know that MyNetworkTV edits for language and sometimes just to make room for ads. They have left out several scenes in the 9 episodes aired so far. And next week they air "False Flag" at 8:00 and then skip the 2 part finale to Season One to air "Breaking and Entering" (first ep of Season 2) at 9:00. Don't know why they chose to skip such a crucial part of Season 1. If you're really a new fan to the show, I'd bite the bullet and buy the DVDs. They are intact and in order!!

#13 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Also, I just found out that they're having a marathon next week on USA of BN!!!!

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#14 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

Also, I just found out that they're having a marathon next week on USA of BN!!!!

Yeah, I did take a fair bit of time to list all the upcoming marathons in the first post in this thread. It's there for people to read.

#15 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

Yeah, I did take a fair bit of time to list all the upcoming marathons in the first post in this thread. It's there for people to read.

I think the episodes airing for the marathon on 12/30 are listed now on Usanetwork schedule. Not that it matters...it's Burn Notice and we'll all be watching!

#16 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

I think the episodes airing for the marathon on 12/30 are listed now on Usanetwork schedule. Not that it matters...it's Burn Notice and we'll all be watching!

Yes, they have, Colleen, thanks! Mostly end of season 2, starting with Seek and Destroy, through season 3, but skipping Sins of Omission and End Run. I wish I knew why they skip what they skip. Perhaps someone here has something against Jay Karnes? ;)

And this can serve as the bump for Thursday! 6 a.m. end of S3 and taking it all the way through S4 to the premiere at 10 p.m.! :D

#17 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

Yes, they have, Colleen, thanks! Mostly end of season 2, starting with Seek and Destroy, through season 3, but skipping Sins of Omission and End Run. I wish I knew why they skip what they skip. Perhaps someone here has something against Jay Karnes? ;)

And this can serve as the bump for Thursday! 6 a.m. end of S3 and taking it all the way through S4 to the premiere at 10 p.m.! :D

I don't know where they get their scheduling ideas either! That is interesting; both Jay Karnes episodes omitted. Hmmmm. He is my favorite villain! I love Alex Carter too; Jason Bly was such a perfect sparring partner for Michael! Wish he'd be back!

#18 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

Just know that MyNetworkTV edits for language and sometimes just to make room for ads. They have left out several scenes in the 9 episodes aired so far. And next week they air "False Flag" at 8:00 and then skip the 2 part finale to Season One to air "Breaking and Entering" (first ep of Season 2) at 9:00. Don't know why they chose to skip such a crucial part of Season 1. If you're really a new fan to the show, I'd bite the bullet and buy the DVDs. They are intact and in order!!

Just an addition: Loose Ends 1 and 2 air on MyNetworkTV this Wednesday. So now all newbies can see what happened BEFORE Harlan broke Michael out of jail and how Michael ended up in jail in the first place!

#19 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

Just an addition: Loose Ends 1 and 2 air on MyNetworkTV this Wednesday. So now all newbies can see what happened BEFORE Harlan broke Michael out of jail and how Michael ended up in jail in the first place!

But there's a whole season (some would say the best season) between Loose Ends and Michael getting out of jail.

Just a note: Yes, MyNetwork is airing BN reruns on Wednesday nights. I am not going to be too much tuned into this concept, nor can speak to what is or is not cut because I don't get the local MyNetwork affiliate on my channel lineup. So, if I seem to ignore it, that's why. ;) I'll be glad when the real reruns revert to USA next fall.

#20 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

But there's a whole season (some would say the best season) between Loose Ends and Michael getting out of jail.

Just a note: Yes, MyNetwork is airing BN reruns on Wednesday nights. I am not going to be too much tuned into this concept, nor can speak to what is or is not cut because I don't get the local MyNetwork affiliate on my channel lineup. So, if I seem to ignore it, that's why. ;) I'll be glad when the real reruns revert to USA next fall.

You're absolutely right! I don't know where my head was on that post! It isn't like I haven't watched these eps 1000 times! Maybe I've watched them too many times and now they are all one episode! My apologies to anyone I confused and thanks for the catch!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved