• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 ChocolatePineapple

ChocolatePineapple

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

If they do the musical episode, they should have the cast singing the theme song. That'd be awesome :D
Enjoy your wall!

#22 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

If they do the musical episode, they should have the cast singing the theme song. That'd be awesome :D

You know, i have often asked myself that question. Why haven't the cast performed the theme song yet? And you are right they should TOTALLY do it for the musical episode because it seem like the most logical episode for them to perform it. But they have to do a video of them performing it for the opening credits or the end credits.Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

You know, i have often asked myself that question. Why haven't the cast performed the theme song yet? And you are right they should TOTALLY do it for the musical episode because it seem like the most logical episode for them to perform it. But they have to do a video of them performing it for the opening credits or the end credits.Posted Image

LOL, now *that* would be a Facebook campaign I'd support :D!!

Edited by Aneema, 18 October 2010 - 04:20 PM.

Posted Image

#24 maniac_maniac19

maniac_maniac19

President Pro Tempore of the Maniac Fan Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

Absolute brilliance! :D

Posted Image

"Maniac_maniac19, president pro tempore, Maniac Fan Club." - Shawn Spencer

Proud Psych-O since 2006

Psychfic: Pineapple Smoothie

#25 psychlover22

psychlover22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

THAT IS GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOTAL AESOMENESS AND GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HAVE TO BO THE THEME SONG OMG LOVE DAT IDEA!!!!!!! SOMEBODY START A FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#26 shayguster

shayguster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

I want to see the return of beiderman (sp?) the attorney? I loved that episode; it allowed for strong components on both Shawn and Gus. Gus and his pre-pre-law class. I also loved the character Freddie Prince played as he was a childhood friend. Also Lassiter and Chief Vick's sister?? That was a fun pair! And Last but not Least- I DEMAND a Goonies inspired episode....perhaps with the return of Uncle Jack?

#27 shayguster

shayguster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

THAT IS GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOTAL AESOMENESS AND GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! THEY HAVE TO BO THE THEME SONG OMG LOVE DAT IDEA!!!!!!! SOMEBODY START A FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image

Have a Glee cast members be the target of the investigation! And let Lassiter run into Chief Vicks sister! Two totally different characters, but if anyone can make it work - Psych writers can!

#28 MagicallyDelicious

MagicallyDelicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, make that the psychout! Posted Image

Good luck getting Corbin Bernsen to do it though. I get the feeling he'll come down with a case of laringitis during the shooting of that episode.

#29 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, make that the psychout! Posted Image

Good luck getting Corbin Bernsen to do it though. I get the feeling he'll come down with a case of laringitis during the shooting of that episode.

This definitely needs to happen!
Though the Christmas theme song sounds like it will be legendary, too:

Curt Smith tweet:

"Putting 40 6th graders on "This Is Christmas" for #Psych holiday episode :)"

Posted Image

#30 housefrk

housefrk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Okay, I have a couple, and I'm definitely repeating some that I think are good ideas, and some of these, I'm sure, would be a little (a lot) high budget.

- An episode where Lassiter goes undercover. I'm very curious about the "prosthetic nose debacle of 2005"
- A Halloween episode, or just another episode based off a horror movie, because Tuesday the 17th is one of my favorites
- An episode with Juliet as a suspect
- A Wicked based episode
- A marching band themed episode
- an episode with a victim found in the restroom of a fast food restaurant
- A Baby Geniuses episode
- A Disneyland episode
- An episode in which the crime is a child abduction, this might be a little angsty for them, but those kind of things are always sort of a race against the clock, and emotions run high. It would be interesting
- An episode where the crime takes place in a candy factory
- An episode where we get to see everyone's dreams, idk how they'd do that, but it's got the potential for high comedy
- An episode that parodies eighties and nineties family sitcomes
- A Seinfeld episode (though that would be a nineties reference. I keep telling people I wasn't born in the eighties)
- An episode with a flashback of Lassiter or Juliet

That's about all I can think of right now.

Posted Image

#31 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

I just read the list again and I have to say after James Roday's interview and talking about Shules--I can see how they could do a great Die Hard homage.
Spoiler

Lassiter shows up for the negotiations and Gus is with him. Lassie has to work with Shawn being his eyes on the inside. This will be particularly good since
Spoiler

#32 Zooey

Zooey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

Bumping this up so that we don't have yet another episode ideas thread on the boards. Zooey, please delete your thread. Add a reply to this thread, instead.

sry, didn't find this one until like an hour later.

I'd love to delete it, if someone could please tell me how. I can't seem to find a delete button.
Posted Image
~"Since I met you, I- I've been thinking of getting a car," Shawn Spencer to Juliet O'Hara (Extradition II)
~"Don't take pictures of buildings. Take pictures of moments."- Shawn Spencer to Juliet O'Hara (OMTWO)

#33 Zooey

Zooey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

I compiled a list of all the standing episode ideas and requests. They are, in no particular order:

A musical episode
A Miami Vice episode
A Saturday Night Fever episode
A Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure/Back to the Future episode
A Die Hard episode
An episode for every holiday
A golf episode (Caddyshack, Happy Gilmore, etc.)
A "choose your own adventure" episode
An Abbott & Costello tribute
A James Bond episode
An X-files episode (complete with ex-girlfriends!)
A mystery game inspired episode (Mafia, Clue, etc.)
A renaissance fair/medieval times episode
A Sherlock Holmes episode
A “Shawn goes into witness protection” episode
A cruise episode (return of Mira?)
An episode in which Shawn and Gus go undercover at a preschool
An episode in which the Chief has to temporarily step aside due to personal attachment to a case
A theater episode
A Grease episode
An Elvis episode (Shawn impersonates Elvis)
A camping episode
A Dancing with the Stars episode (Shawn and Juliet ballroom dance)
An episode in which Gus is kidnapped/Shawn’s secret is in danger of being exposed
A Magnum P.I. episode
A Twilight Zone episode
A Buzz-centric episode
A role reversal episode (Juliet and/or Gus take the lead on a case)
A magician episode
A police detective competition
A mafia episode
An episode in which Shawn must wear a police/security guard uniform
A vampire episode
An on-the-run/prison break episode
An episode in which Lassiter’s old partner returns…and meets Juliet
An episode involving hot air balloons
An episode in which Shawn actually has a psychic vision (or so he thinks…)
An episode in which Alice Bundy returns, seeking revenge
A Safety Pup episode
An episode in which Shawn and Gus must infiltrate a frat party/Animal House tribute
A Casablanca episode
A reality tv show episode
An episode in which Shawn and Gus are in a plane when a murder occurs on board
A "bottle episode"
An episode at a health club
An episode in which people are murdered by spiders
A Rat Pack episode

The one's in bold are the ones I think are basically PURE GOLD! (but that's not to say the others aren't awesome too! I don't understand a few tough, like what's the bottle episode?) (FYI, I didn't read all the other posts before i posted this, sry)

The musical episode would be great to see, and I agree with all the people who say that they need to perform the theme song.

An episode for every holiday would be great too. I'd be able to watch a Psych episode every holiday, every year!

A mystery one would be pretty cool too. Maybe like those ones where they have to investigate a real murder at one of those mansions that host fake murders and let the guests solve them. Then one of the guests could be like really pushy and try to solve the murder too. Then maybe the gang gets locked in the house with all the guests previously and another murder happens. Da...da...daaaaaaa!

A renaissance one would be really funny too. Especially getting to see the characters in the old fashioned get-ups. Maybe Shawn would be a knight and Gus would be a squire, or reverse, or something.

The Shawn in witness protection is pure genius. It'd could also sort of be like
Spoiler

Also it's just a really great episode idea!

A dancing with the stars one would be awesome too. Maybe Lassiter and Juliet enter the contest because one of the contestants it the killer and is killing of the competition. Then Lassiter gets hurt pursuing the wrong (maybe right idk) suspect and Shawn has to take his place. Originally Juliet wanted Gus, but he was away for something and was unavailable or something like that. Then Shawn amazes everyone, himself (and Gus who comes back early) included. In the end they don't win since they were cops or something or because the show was fixed or maybe they do win, idk.

Magnum PI, nuff said.

Twilight zone would be GREAT! have it a blakc and white episode, maybe the characters are dressed sort of old fashioned. Weird stuff starts happening around the station and such. In the end it ends in color and sort of back to the norm. idk.

The reversal roles would be fun. maybe it's a case where juliet is supposed to be head detective to see how she'd do or it's a case that she takes special interest in so she takes the lead. Same can be said for Gus, maybe Gus's uncle comes back, or maybe it involves something he's really interested in. or maybe the partners decided to sort of switch roles on the same day, idk.

Magician episode. Maybe one of our favorite duos wanted to be magicians when they were little. Then their favorite magician comes to town, one that Shawn ad Gus both believe to be the real thing. When the magician's assisant dies randomly, the magician is called in (by Psych) to help. (or the assisant could die during the act and the magician is suspected, but that seemed a little to ordinary, idk).

Vampire episode, could be like the werewolf episode, could involve some they really believe is a vampire, could be someone who really believes they're a vampire, could be something to do with vampire-like qualities that appear in the murder. or not...

Maybe Shawn and Gus get put in jail by Lassiter for Shawn not paying several speeding/parking tickets with Gus's car. Then during their time in jail, over night, some of the criminals try to escape. Shawn and Gus are taken with them, because they pretended to be real criminals to make friends in jail. They're pursued by the entire force because 3 of them are murderers, one thet's facing the death penalty. They're pursued even more so when a dead body turns up with one of the criminals handiwork all over it. Shawn knows this criminal didn't do it (and if this criminals is convicted then he'll be put to the death penalty too). So Shawn helps them evade the cops until he can prove their innocence. (the rest is a BIG maybe) then after proving their innocence Shawn convinces them to return to the jail, but the one on death row changes his mind and shoots Shawn when they're trying to make the "exchange"...

The one with Lassiter's old partner meeting Juliet is AWESOMENESS! I'm suprised they haven't done that one sooner. I hope they use it if they don't already have it lined up to use. Great idea!

HOT AIR BALLOONS!!!!!!!!!
They definitely have to use that one
[spoiler]
now that they had Shawn talk about it for his bucket list. They should have Shawn and Gus up in an air balloon and Shawn writing the love song or something. Idk how they'd make that an episode though. Maybe there's a hot air balloon race from a city to another one. It started in Santa Barbra with the first murder, someone was shoved from a hot air balloon. Now they're dropping like flies. Shawn and Gus were in the race originally and since Santa Barbra doesn't have direct jurisdiction on the case and they've sort of teamed up with the FBI (?). They still get to be in the loop since the first death was in SB (?). Then they (Lassie) use Psych to stay ahead of the FBI and try to solve the case 1st.

The Psychic vision would be a nice twist. Sounds like it'd be a fun case. Maybe he has a vision that's hard to puzzle together or something. But I definitely think the writers should do one like that.

The next three in bold are pretty much nuff said ones. I mean, well, yeah... except the Casablanca one, but I'm not really sure what to say for that one. Could someone else maybe elaborate? I'm not exactly sure what Casablanca is.

Lastly for this post- Murder on a plane. It'd have to be something different. Something Psych-ish. It'd have to be something that hasn't been done and is original. there's been quite a few murders on a plane, but know Psych they could totally pull it off.

Anyways, for most of my ramblings it's just my opinion. I'm not sure what you had in mind or whatever. Most of the stuff is "idk" because it's really up to the Psych writers I guess, but what evs.
Posted Image
~"Since I met you, I- I've been thinking of getting a car," Shawn Spencer to Juliet O'Hara (Extradition II)
~"Don't take pictures of buildings. Take pictures of moments."- Shawn Spencer to Juliet O'Hara (OMTWO)

#34 MagicallyDelicious

MagicallyDelicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

A mystery one would be pretty cool too. Maybe like those ones where they have to investigate a real murder at one of those mansions that host fake murders and let the guests solve them. Then one of the guests could be like really pushy and try to solve the murder too. Then maybe the gang gets locked in the house with all the guests previously and another murder happens. Da...da...daaaaaaa!

A renaissance one would be really funny too. Especially getting to see the characters in the old fashioned get-ups. Maybe Shawn would be a knight and Gus would be a squire, or reverse, or something.

Both good ideas. For the murder mystery episode the murder could be committed in a locked room. Those are always the toughest ones to solve and I don't know if there are any other Agatha Christie readers here, but she's written a couple like that and those are some of her best.

And murder at the renaissance fair would be really funny. Juliet could go undercover as a queen or princess with one of those pointed hats and veils, and whatever Lassiter wears will just strip him of his dignity completely! Posted Image Maybe he could be a jester?

#35 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Not sure if this has been suggested before. I kind of want to see a Some Like It Hot episode, where Shawn and Gus is running from mobsters and had to disguise themselves as women in a female singing group. Jules plays the Marilyn Monroe character to protect the boys and there will be a guy infatuated with Gus's female alter ego.
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#36 Zooey

Zooey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Ok, some quick (or not so quick) ideas and comments:

1) I definitely think they need to do some more themed episodes, whether holiday themed, movie themed, or even another TV show themed. I love the way they sort of make it happen and I think the themed ones are especially enjoyable when you're familiar with the what the movie/TV show is that's used for the theme.

2) I think the writers (case any of them are roaming the threads) should put up an episode idea that they're thinking of doing in an upcoming season. Then we can maybe brainstorm ideas that could go with it. That'd be cool! Then maybe it'd be a contest and if they like one of the ideas posted they could use it, cite whose it was on the site, and maybe put the persons actual name at the end of an episode before the credits saying "thank you" or something. That'd be an awesome contest and totally worth it!

3) Anyone have any Shules episode ideas? I'd really look forward to them. A bowling ep., a hot air balloon ep., and the winter premiere ep. to name a few would be great Shules ones. Any others?

4) So an episode idea from me would be one with a young girl "psychic" who has a vision of a murder. Shawn's skeptical at first and isn't sure if she's like him, hallucinating, or even the real thing. So the episode sort of goes with Shawn trying to prove which of those she is. Then when the murder occurs the girl is detained because not everyone is sure she's innocent. Anyways, I'm not sure if this is really one that would be good, but I really think that there should be a young psychic that comes out in an episode and Shawn sort of reacts to that.

5) I think there needs to be some episodes soon that bring forth maybe Shawn's past jobs, Juliet's past, the chief's past, Lassiter's past, maybe even Buzz's present more. They haven't really gotten into anyone's past other than the openings with Shawn, Gus, and Shawn's dad usually. They need more on the characters' pasts, especially Juliet's before Shules gets serious.

6) I think in an episode they should bring out maybe a past employer, friend, ex girlfriend/boyfriend, or aquaintance of someones and wants them to solve a case. Maybe if it's an ex-girlfriend of Shawn's it could be a bully of Jules or something. Then they could dish on Juliet to Shawn (and us) and on Shawn to Juliet (and us). Frankly I think they should definitely bring out a past figure who wants them to solve a case, yes they've done that before, but it hasn't really revealed much about the past otherthan what's directly around the person. Like for Juliet it just showed them about to leave, it didn't really answer much more, same with the other episodes.

7) the police academy would be a good one. Maybe Juliet and Lassiter have to go undercover as students again, Juliet can pull it off, but Lassiter keeps having to threaten to shoot anyone who doesn't but his disguise. then maybe they somehow mention Shawn and the teachers of the academy remember him (good or bad?). idk about this one, but i really think the police academy one would be a good one!

8) I think the Juliet being accused of something, Lassiter going undercover, B-day ep (at least for Shawn and Jules, maybe others), a big Halloween one (somebody has a party?), and an undercover Jules. Those would all be great episodes! Especially the 1st three.

9) someone mentioned a dopelganger episode, that... would... be... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'd be great to see who'd be the dopelgangers. I think they should at least have a Gus, Shawn, Juliet, and Lassiter exact dopelganger. maybe the case involves mistaken identity or something, but definitely DOPELGANGERS!

10) Umm, what's this "choose your own adventure" about? I'm not really sure what you mean. Please elaborate, it sounds great!

11) skylucy your Die Hard idea was GREAT! I loved it, awesomeness!

12) Lastly, the dream ep idea that someone said. That sounded good. i'm not sure if I'd want the entire episode to be like that and I'm not sure how they'd make that into an episode, but it sounds great. I love those kind of episodes! It'd have to be Hilarious, but sort of serious and open. Maybe they could get into it by having some of the characters put unconsious by some sort of gas, or Shawn/Juliet knocked unconscious and see how that goes, or something like that. They'd have to make it a pretty solid episode to tie in some sort of dream-like scenes in the episode.

Anyways, that's it for now! Please comment on my ideas or my comments or answer some of my questions, but please don't get angry or REALLY opinionated on them, just calmly discuss your views please!
Posted Image

#37 maniac_maniac19

maniac_maniac19

President Pro Tempore of the Maniac Fan Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

Oh man, I've totally just had a major light bulb moment! :o

They absolutely MUST do a Renaissance Fair episode! You know why? Because then they could TOTALLY do "Safety Dance" for the Psych-Out (or even part of the episode)!

Watch the music video. You'll see what I mean:

Shawn should be the lead singer dude, Gus the midget jester, and Juliet the dancing girl! It would be AWESOME! :lol:

Posted Image

"Maniac_maniac19, president pro tempore, Maniac Fan Club." - Shawn Spencer

Proud Psych-O since 2006

Psychfic: Pineapple Smoothie

#38 Zooey

Zooey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

Oh man, I've totally just had a major light bulb moment! Posted Image

They absolutely MUST do a Renaissance Fair episode! You know why? Because then they could TOTALLY do "Safety Dance" for the Psych-Out (or even part of the episode)!

Watch the music video. You'll see what I mean:

[url="]

Shawn should be the lead singer dude, Gus the midget jester, and Juliet the dancing girl! It would be AWESOME! Posted Image

yeah, Shawn and the lead singer dude both have great hair, and the dancing girl has blonde har, but she's a bit... Well, you know, she's a bit let's go with "out there".

Also for anyone else on the forum I just wanted to say:
Spoiler

USA NETWORK! PSYCH! SHULES!
Posted Image

#39 Captain_Riterra_Smith

Captain_Riterra_Smith

aka The Heater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

Guys! I just figured it out! The Psych episode to end all Psych episodes! In the style of Leverage, The Roshamon Job. An episode told only in flashbacks. Shawn Gus Lassie and Jules come into the SBPD bickering and arguing. The Chief demands the four stop and explain, they all say at once "I solved the case!" We proceed to hear each story one by one frequently with the other characters interrupting to correct and being told to wait their turn. Each one concludes that they solved the crime but each one missed something another detective picked up. Shawn saw some clues, Gus worked out how they connect to the perp, Lassie caught the suspect in a lie but only because Juliet realized his story didn't match up with his friend's testimony. In the end Chief Vick tells them that noone solved the case because they have not arrested the perp. Shawn and Lassie explain that he was nowhere to be found, at home, work, with his friend. Vick says this is because he turned himself in. TA DA!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Official Spotter of Foreign and Domestic Pineapples for the CMP^2
All of Thailand will run in fear from the giant blonde she-male!

#40 Zooey

Zooey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

Guys! I just figured it out! The Psych episode to end all Psych episodes! In the style of Leverage, The Roshamon Job. An episode told only in flashbacks. Shawn Gus Lassie and Jules come into the SBPD bickering and arguing. The Chief demands the four stop and explain, they all say at once "I solved the case!" We proceed to hear each story one by one frequently with the other characters interrupting to correct and being told to wait their turn. Each one concludes that they solved the crime but each one missed something another detective picked up. Shawn saw some clues, Gus worked out how they connect to the perp, Lassie caught the suspect in a lie but only because Juliet realized his story didn't match up with his friend's testimony. In the end Chief Vick tells them that noone solved the case because they have not arrested the perp. Shawn and Lassie explain that he was nowhere to be found, at home, work, with his friend. Vick says this is because he turned himself in. TA DA!

AWESOME! I think it'd be hilarious for them to correct each other and pick up on what someone else didn't. Nice way to do it, but I almost wish the perp didn't turn themselves in, instead at the end once all the facts have been laid out they all come to the same conclusion and Shawn and Gus, and Lassie and Jules both run to their cars and go get the perp, but each ruining it for the other person by like tripping each other and taking shortcuts and what not.

Anyways, LOVE your idea!
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved