24 replies to this topic

#1 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,472 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

USA has a 22 hour White Collar Marathon on all day tomorrow, Friday, September 3rd

It starts at 6:00 AM and continues into the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Here's the schedule:

SEP 03 06:00 AM ALL IN 1.06

SEP 03 07:00 AM FREE FALL 1.07

SEP 03 08:00 AM HARD SELL 1.08

SEP 03 09:00 AM BAD JUDGMENT 1.09

SEP 03 10:00 AM VITAL SIGNS 1.10

SEP 03 11:00 AM HOME INVASION 1.11

SEP 03 12:00 PM BOTTLENECKED 1.12

SEP 03 01:00 PM FRONT MAN 1.13

SEP 03 02:00 PM OUT OF THE BOX 1.14

SEP 03 03:00 PM WITHDRAWAL 2.01

SEP 03 04:00 PM NEED TO KNOW 2.02

SEP 03 05:00 PM COPYCAT CAFFREY 2.03

SEP 03 06:00 PM UNFINISHED BUSINESS 2.04

SEP 03 07:00 PM BY THE BOOK 2.05

SEP 03 08:00 PM IN THE RED 2.06

SEP 03 09:00 PM PRISONER'S DILEMMA 2.07

SEP 03 10:00 PM COMPANY MAN 2.08

SEP 03 11:00 PM FREE FALL 1.07

SEP 04 12:00 AM HARD SELL 1.08

SEP 04 01:00 AM BAD JUDGMENT 1.09

SEP 04 02:00 AM VITAL SIGNS 1.10

SEP 04 03:00 AM HOME INVASION 1.11

Edited by LI_Ann, 02 September 2010 - 10:05 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#2 10EE6

10EE6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for the break down, Li Ann.

Did I mention before that I have the day off work??? :) That never happens on my favorite tv marathon days. I will be doing a little housework and listening to Neal and Peter all day long!

Doin' the happy dance

Hope you get to enjoy our favorite fellas too!

Edited by 10EE6, 02 September 2010 - 11:34 PM.

#3 Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:49 PM

Already have the DVR ready to record the episodes from last season I missed (I already have all of this season on DVR).

Nice lead-up to the season finale.

Walt

Want to discuss stuff that isn't on USA Network or television for that matter? Join me (where I'm a moderator) on the NEW Too Smart To Fail Forum by clicking here!

#4 WildHorseFantasy

WildHorseFantasy

quirky rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

:D What a great way to spend the day. :) Tiring though. Started watching at 6 AM. Started recording on vcr all this last season. :( No DVD recorder. One downside - when you've seen the original you miss the scenes they cut from the 'limited commercial interruption versions.

wc-new-footer_zps7b3b24c6.png

#5 10EE6

10EE6

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Hasn't it been fun? Cleaned the house and watched WC. Went over to my Dad's house and had WC in the background. Everywhere I was, I was watching WC.

That is how the world should be---big screens everywhere with WC on!!! :lol:

#6 Conroy24

Conroy24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

Hi. Just wanted to come in and say I'm a newbie and this is how devoted I am to White Collar.

I woke up at 4AM central time this morning (I didn't go to bed until 1AM) & watched Numb3rs (my other great TV obsession, which I'm still pissed that it was cancelled) on TNT & Tim was in the episode "Robin Hood". It was weird seeing him get arrested by the FBI, but I loved that it was David and Colby who got to slap the cuffs on him! Tim was great!

At 5AM, the WC marathon started & I watched until 8AM. I then got up and started to get ready for work. I left my house at 8:30AM, which made me late for work, since I have to drive to St. Louis, and it is 30 minutes from my house. I did wear my fedora to work, in homage to Neal and the WC marathon, though. I didn't have enough time to properly fix my hair! LOL!

Now, I'm goin' home to watch the rest of the marathon, which will end at 2AM. Wow, I hope I can last that long! I think I can stay awake, since I like to record all the cool WC promos. Am I obsessed or devoted? You be the judge!

Oh, one other thing, when walking down the hall of the large law firm that I work at in downtown St. Louis, someone asked me, "What's with the hat?" I turned to them and said, "It's just my humble assault on the commonplace." (That sounded to much better when Neal said it...) They looked at me like I was nuts and said, "Okay, it's cool that you're rockin' the brim," and then walked away. I loved what they said to me. I've never heard, "rockin' the brim" before.

Thanks for reading! Because I work at a law firm, and I don't have a computer at home, I won't be able to post that much, but I'll try to!

Tina Barrett

#7 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,472 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

Welcome to the forum, Tina!

Congratulations on wearing the fedora to work. That's a fashion statement and it happens to be very "in" right now too.

I hope you'll continue to post your thoughts and join in our discussions. There are quite a few discussions and some games going on too.

Enjoy the forum!

Ann

Edited by LI_Ann, 03 September 2010 - 07:33 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#8 oldannette

oldannette

Head Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • 10,790 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

Just an idle observation ... and a teensy bit of frustration here ...

They starting the marathon by completely skipping over Episodes 1.01 to 1.05, starting with 1.06, going through to 2.08 and then starting back at 1.07 through 1.11 all over again. (Why those particular five episodes, I'll never know.)

I wonder why they didn't just show the series actual first five episodes at the start, and end the marathon with the newest episode at the end?

Actually, maybe they wanted the newest stuff to be at hours that God intended "mankind to be awake" (though I'm not sure God had any particular intentions one way or the other on "mankind watching tv" ...)

If they wanted the newest stuff at primetime, that makes sense ... I can sort of understand why they'd want to end with Company Man at 10PM instead of 3AM ... But WHY go back to 1.07? Why not just wrap around to the beginning of the series at 11PM instead of starting 1.07 then?

Granted, the fact that the pilot was 90-minutes causes a discrepancy in total airtime, so maybe they could have left THAT one out, but still ...)

What's funny is that the between-episode ads all day during this marathon are from the scene from "Book of Hours", with cut-ins of Neal's line "it'll help fill in the gaps", supposedly referring to the marathon.

Talk about irony. THAT is one of the five episodes NOT in the marathon. That IS one of the gaps ...

Sigh.

(End of rant.)

Edited by oldannette, 03 September 2010 - 07:57 PM.

black_line_1.jpg

annette_signature_talk_in_quotes_3a.jpg

#9 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hi. Just wanted to come in and say I'm a newbie and this is how devoted I am to White Collar.

I woke up at 4AM central time this morning (I didn't go to bed until 1AM) & watched Numb3rs (my other great TV obsession, which I'm still pissed that it was cancelled) on TNT & Tim was in the episode "Robin Hood". It was weird seeing him get arrested by the FBI, but I loved that it was David and Colby who got to slap the cuffs on him! Tim was great!

At 5AM, the WC marathon started & I watched until 8AM. I then got up and started to get ready for work. I left my house at 8:30AM, which made me late for work, since I have to drive to St. Louis, and it is 30 minutes from my house. I did wear my fedora to work, in homage to Neal and the WC marathon, though. I didn't have enough time to properly fix my hair! LOL!

Now, I'm goin' home to watch the rest of the marathon, which will end at 2AM. Wow, I hope I can last that long! I think I can stay awake, since I like to record all the cool WC promos. Am I obsessed or devoted? You be the judge!

Oh, one other thing, when walking down the hall of the large law firm that I work at in downtown St. Louis, someone asked me, "What's with the hat?" I turned to them and said, "It's just my humble assault on the commonplace." (That sounded to much better when Neal said it...) They looked at me like I was nuts and said, "Okay, it's cool that you're rockin' the brim," and then walked away. I loved what they said to me. I've never heard, "rockin' the brim" before.

Thanks for reading! Because I work at a law firm, and I don't have a computer at home, I won't be able to post that much, but I'll try to!

Tina Barrett

Welcome Tina.

You mentioned working in St. Louis. Years ago I lived 30 minutes away on the east side
of the river in O'Fallon, IL. :)

PBASBanner62.jpg

#10 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Tina Barrett

Hey, Tina! Welcome to the forum! Delighted you have White Collaritis!

Pam mentioned in her post that she lived on the east side. Well, I lived in St. Louis and worked at KTVI (ABC). That, too, was many moons ago.

Post when you can - we love hearing from you!
Posted Image

#11 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

Thank goodness for the WC marathon! I didn't get to watch earlier in the day but I got to spend all evening watching while doing normally boring chores (like sorting through old mail, etc.) and wasn't bored in the least! And I got to see my two favorite episodes - Hard Sell & Prisoner's Dilemma. Happy sigh.... I forced myself to turn the TV off just now before Bad Judgement starts. Must get some sleep!

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#12 rdrew

rdrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

Would have loved to watch the marathon, but since I live here in Canada, we can't get it here. I did have my cousin Bob in Florida tape it, so I'm hoping it turned out OK. His VHS machine is old and he wasn't sure it was going to work. Keep your fingers crossed.

Edited by rdrew, 04 September 2010 - 09:25 AM.

#13 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

Would have loved to watch the marathon, but since I live here in Canada, we can't get it here. I did have my cousin Bob in Florida tape it, so I'm hoping it turned out OK. His VHS machine is old and he wasn't sure it was going to work. Keep your fingers crossed.

rdrew, my BFF has a home in Canada (North Van) and they have a cable system (I don't know which one) that gets US stations, including USA Network. I'll give her a jingle and get the particulars - something for you to look into, if you wish. I'll PM you when I get the info.
Nancee
Posted Image

#14 rdrew

rdrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Just heard from cousin Bob and he did get it. He's also taping the summer finale on Tuesday night for me. Nancee, none of our cable systems here in Ontario have USA network, I don't have cable anyway because I live it the country, I have a dish, which also does not have USA. BBBOOO. If your friend in Vancouver could tape it for me, that would be better, because it would'nt have to go through customs. Maybe that's something we could do for the second half of the season in January.

#15 rdrew

rdrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

Nancee, I also have a cousin Nancy, that lives in Seattle. It was her brother in Florida that did the taping for me.

#16 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Have you tried downloading the episodes from http://ch131.com ? They have all of the episodes and it's very simple to download.  Of course you need a reasonable speed internet connection, which may be tough if you're in the country.

Or perhaps you can persuade a kind forum member to burn a bunch of episodes to CD or DVD for you. I'm having issues at the moment burning discs or I'd offer to do it myself. The video files from ch131 are only around 200MB apiece so all 1 1/2 seasons will fit on one DVD. If I could only burn DVDs right now... Posted Image

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#17 rdrew

rdrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

I have a friend that has high speed internet, as no, I can't get that either. We have been watching the second season online, but now the episodes are not loading right. Prisoners Dilemma keeps freezing and Company Man, the voice is OK but the whole show goes fast forward and runs out of time before the voice does. We just can't catch a break here!!!!!

#18 WildHorseFantasy

WildHorseFantasy

quirky rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

That was AWESOME. B) I think I broke a record. 11 hrs = 6AM to 11 PM. :D Then I slept like a log.

Wish I trusted ch 131 enough to download, but I've been wary ever since I clicked a link and it crashed my computer. Anyway I've noticed the quality isn't so great. I say that as someone with regular tv only not HD by the way. I guess you get what you pay for. By the way itunes had one freebie up and it might still be there. (One being better than none.)

I for one want these on DVD SOOOO BAD! You just can't play with them so easily on vhs and I'd love to have them on my laptop, take screencaps etc for wallpaper.

wc-new-footer_zps7b3b24c6.png

#19 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

Just heard from cousin Bob and he did get it. He's also taping the summer finale on Tuesday night for me. Nancee, none of our cable systems here in Ontario have USA network, I don't have cable anyway because I live it the country, I have a dish, which also does not have USA. BBBOOO. If your friend in Vancouver could tape it for me, that would be better, because it would'nt have to go through customs. Maybe that's something we could do for the second half of the season in January.

Actually, my friend lives in LA, but has a home in North Van. I know about her cable because we watch when we are up there. I'm sorry, but I couldn't impose on her for taping. Wish I could be of more help.

Your cousin in Seattle has a beautiful name... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nancy Lee

Edited by Nancee, 04 September 2010 - 12:10 PM.

Posted Image

#20 elledeegee

elledeegee

White Collarus Fan Fictionus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

That was AWESOME. B) I think I broke a record. 11 hrs = 6AM to 11 PM. :D Then I slept like a log.

I woke up early and missed recording "All In" since we had a power outage. I recorded 8 hours of WC after resetting the clock on my dvr just so I could have copies to mess with on my pc. I put it on when I got to work (thank goodness they gave us a tv) and some people asked me what it was. I was also noticing people were watching it as they passed. Maybe someone will become a fan. :D

Wish I trusted ch 131 enough to download, but I've been wary ever since I clicked a link and it crashed my computer. Anyway I've noticed the quality isn't so great. I say that as someone with regular tv only not HD by the way. I guess you get what you pay for. By the way itunes had one freebie up and it might still be there. (One being better than none.)

Yeah I can get to ch131 at work (I guess their virus scanner isn't as leery as mine at home) but at home it says it's a bad site and won't let me view it. I trust my virus scanner. I still don't have anything bad on it while at work we get junk all the time. Says something. Anyhow... yeah I downloaded the freebee of withdrawal at work since we have iTunes there. I don't want to download iTunes at home cause i can't stand how proprietary it is. I did make a temp account and got the episode and put it on a drive to take home. :D Maybe when they get to the point I don't HAVE to download it like some other sites, I will use iTunes.

I for one want these on DVD SOOOO BAD! You just can't play with them so easily on vhs and I'd love to have them on my laptop, take screencaps etc for wallpaper.

Save you up about 200 bucks and get a DVR. They may get cheaper though. I remember when they were closer to 1k but now they're pretty cheap. Plus make sure if you buy one, you get it with a tuner or you'll be screwed. I saw one for cheap but it had no tuner which means it was a recorder w/o having the ability to receive tv channels. Not sure how that would work except for maybe copying videos from a vcr or something. I have the DVDs for season 1 but I can't get the screen caps to work unless I use the DVR copies I've made from TV. I get black screen or something when I try to record off the dvds which is a pain.
Posted Image

Neal: I want to buy a bakery.
Mozz: I like donuts.
Neal: Hot and fresh, just the way momma made them.
Mozz: Bear claws?
Neal: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Mozz: Mmmmm...
Neal: Right here.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved