• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 monksessive

monksessive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

:lol: Hey guys, i don't know if you remember, (i think it might of been two comic-con panels ago), all the psych stars definitively agreed that they wanted to, and would, do a musical episode.

...And james, who stood alone, was pumped for a XXX episode of psych. (but we can name alot of reasons that can't happen)

So any thoughts? What musical they should do, should they do new songs, or i'm sure they'll be some eighties pop in there... :D :D :P
Official Pineapple Eater of The CMP^2

#2 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:22 AM

:lol: Hey guys, i don't know if you remember, (i think it might of been two comic-con panels ago), all the psych stars definitively agreed that they wanted to, and would, do a musical episode.

...And james, who stood alone, was pumped for a XXX episode of psych. (but we can name alot of reasons that can't happen)

So any thoughts? What musical they should do, should they do new songs, or i'm sure they'll be some eighties pop in there... :D :D :P

Everyone was on board for a musical but Steve Franks wants to write it and the songs (original) and so it is going to take awhile for him to get the time to do it. Originally, he had penciled it in for Episode 11 of Season 5 but he couldn't find the time to get to it. Now they are shooting for Season 6.

James said that he thinks Scrubs came up with the best idea (Bromance) for a musical and they also came up with a very good reason (medical--I think) to have everyone singing--and now they've raised the bar and Psych will have to find something as good--or better. I really hope they do because I think a musical Psych would be fantastic! I just have no idea how they can do it--and since Psych is an hour instead of the 1/2 hour like Scrubs--it's going to be doubly hard--I think. I have total faith in the musical ability of everyone on Psych and hopefully Season 6 will be the one B)

Edited by skylucy, 29 August 2010 - 10:24 AM.

#3 PsychNickNack

PsychNickNack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Everyone was on board for a musical but Steve Franks wants to write it and the songs (original) and so it is going to take awhile for him to get the time to do it. Originally, he had penciled it in for Episode 11 of Season 5 but he couldn't find the time to get to it. Now they are shooting for Season 6.

James said that he thinks Scrubs came up with the best idea (Bromance) for a musical and they also came up with a very good reason (medical--I think) to have everyone singing--and now they've raised the bar and Psych will have to find something as good--or better. I really hope they do because I think a musical Psych would be fantastic! I just have no idea how they can do it--and since Psych is an hour instead of the 1/2 hour like Scrubs--it's going to be doubly hard--I think. I have total faith in the musical ability of everyone on Psych and hopefully Season 6 will be the one B)

James has got it right, Scrubs did it in the funniest and most clever way I have ever seen. If they plan on being as good, or better, I know they can do it. Steve just needs to devote a LOT of attention to it, I think his best bet would be making it an episode at the very beginning of the season, or an episode at the very end, because if he want's it to be right, he's going to spend a long time on it, and it'll be fantastic. Also, with Psych being an hour, they can have full length songs (3-3:30 mintues). On Scrubs some of the songs were only about, 1 minute, 2 minutes (which is understandable, because of the reason they were singing.)
I think the way I would love to see this episode done, would be to start with really funny upbeat songs, and then get into this sort of... melodramatic kind of musical, and then end with the big finale number.
Will this be the first mystery show to have a musical episode?

"Spencer One to Ground Control."
"We read you loud and clear Spencer One!"

"The Psychic criminal catching portion of the day is about to begin."
"Is there another type of idiocy you'd be more comfortable with?"
"No! Ju are wrong! I am not the murderero! But I know who is-o..."
"First of all we're growing moustaches very, very slowly..."
"You see this? This is the Lodge Radar, and this is me flying underneath it. And look down here, it's Gus. He can't fly."
"Hey! Gus is one sixteenth robot! And not the evil take over the world "I Robot" kind!"
"What do they have at Red Robin?"
"I call it... 'Very Close Talking'"
"Gus, look! It's Stinky Feet! He's Trying to bushwack us!"
"Gus, look! Ryan really did work at Busch-Gardens!"
Posted Image
SHAWN & GUS
They may not be action heroes, but they're the best we've got!

"Official Eppy/Interesting Topic Starter of the CMP^2"

#4 julietpsychobsessed

julietpsychobsessed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

They said first episode of season 7-ish Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

They said first episode of season 7-ish Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Last I heard it still wasn't definite when (or if?) they would have a musical episode. James mentioned several times that they are determined to hit a home run with it or not do it--and also, as Steve Franks worked on it, they became very aware how much work doing a fantastic (especially a whole hour's worth!) would entail. So I think--if it does happen--it will be later in the season. I know at one point they were planning to do it at the beginning of 7.

I kind of hope that they do the musical as maybe a online 4 chapters over the season-break. (Since they are cutting edge New Media Innovators.) We know they can all sing (except I'm not sure about Corbin :lol: --but he could do it Clint Eastwood style B) They can do it--it's only getting it all on the right track.

#6 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I hope they do the musical episode, Steve promised it to use for season 7 at Comic Con. I am really looking forward to it, everyone can carry a note (especially James and Dulé) so can't wait, its going to be awesome
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#7 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

I hope they do the musical episode, Steve promised it to use for season 7 at Comic Con. I am really looking forward to it, everyone can carry a note (especially James and Dulé) so can't wait, its going to be awesome

Since they will soon be filming Episode 14/15, the musical episode "Psych: The Musical", I have been looking for some information and I came across something remarkable about the new movie musical "Les Miserables". The reason I am bringing this up is because I think they have hit on a positively brilliant idea for filming a musical.

They had the actors sing live--while they act while playing the tune in an ear piece for the actor to hear. Later they will put the whole musical score into the final mix. They explain it brilliantly in this extended trailer for the movie that singing it live allows the actors to really act and not try and match up the music that was pre-recorded much earlier.

I realize that they may have already done some of the songs for their 2 Part Musical--but if not--I do think this sounds like the absolute ideal way of filming a musical.

CLICK

#8 coccinella80

coccinella80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Since they will soon be filming Episode 14/15, the musical episode "Psych: The Musical", I have been looking for some information and I came across something remarkable about the new movie musical "Les Miserables". The reason I am bringing this up is because I think they have hit on a positively brilliant idea for filming a musical.

They had the actors sing live--while they act while playing the tune in an ear piece for the actor to hear. Later they will put the whole musical score into the final mix. They explain it brilliantly in this extended trailer for the movie that singing it live allows the actors to really act and not try and match up the music that was pre-recorded much earlier.

I realize that they may have already done some of the songs for their 2 Part Musical--but if not--I do think this sounds like the absolute ideal way of filming a musical.

CLICK

I watched the video and absolutely loved it... I really hope that they'll make something similiar, but I don't really think it, because also in the ep let's doo wop it again, at the beginning, when they were singing, I had the feeling it was not in real time, especially in James/shawn performance I thought there was a difference between the singing and the acting.... Posted Image
but maybe for the musical they'll use this new way to shoot...who knows? Posted Image it would be great for the actors, and for us watching them giving their best!! Posted Image (even though they always give their best, but maybe this way is more funny and challenging!! Posted Image Posted Image )

#9 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

The musical episode will air whenever USA Network pulls it's finger out of it's ass and puts season 7 on!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

I watched the video and absolutely loved it... I really hope that they'll make something similiar, but I don't really think it, because also in the ep let's doo wop it again, at the beginning, when they were singing, I had the feeling it was not in real time, especially in James/shawn performance I thought there was a difference between the singing and the acting.... Posted Image
but maybe for the musical they'll use this new way to shoot...who knows? Posted Image it would be great for the actors, and for us watching them giving their best!! Posted Image (even though they always give their best, but maybe this way is more funny and challenging!! Posted Image Posted Image )

I think Dulé mentioned going into the studio to record the songs in Do Wop.

While it will be cool if they can film the musical the same way as Les Miserables (great trailer - so looking forward to the movie), it will probably be too expensive for the show because they will need many takes to get both the singing and acting right. And we all know they shoot the show on $300. But who knows, right?
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#11 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

The musical episode will air whenever USA Network pulls it's finger out of it's ass and puts season 7 on!

Haha, that's funny :lol: I am curious about the musical (not excited, just curious) especially with the latest spoiler I read. However I'm still irritated about them using 2 of the only 16 episodes we get on it. I was excited when I thought we were getting an extra hour of Psych, now not so much :mellow:

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#12 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Haha, that's funny :lol: I am curious about the musical (not excited, just curious) especially with the latest spoiler I read. However I'm still irritated about them using 2 of the only 16 episodes we get on it. I was excited when I thought we were getting an extra hour of Psych, now not so much :mellow:

I am 100% with you about the musical, i am curious (especially after reading a few pages of the script from part 1) but not just curious, i am anxious. If someone were to ask me whether or not i wanted a musical episode for Psych my answer would definitely be no. It's not that i don't think they are capable of pulling it off or don't have the talent because they are and they do… BUT just because you have the talent and the capability it doesn't mean that they will automatically get it right. I am just worried for them that's all. I am sure it will end up being a memorable 2 hours BUT i'll believe it when i see it.

Also i am pissed that they are using up two normal episodes for this, it basically means that we are getting a shorter season because apparently the musical does not follow the current story arcs and will be a standalone “thing”. Posted Image Although as long as they acknowledge where the characters are in their lives and respect that and acknowledge Shawn and Juliet's romance with a sweet duet between the two then i'm good. Posted Image If not prepare to deal with my wrath Mr Franks and Mr Meltreger!Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Interview With Choreographer Paul Becker
By Victor, 11:24 AM on Oct 17, 2012

Paul Becker is the protege of Kenny Ortega, not to be confused with Kenny Powers. He’s one of the top choreographers in the world and has worked on everything from Twilight Breaking Dawn 1 & 2 (vampires have no rhythm) to PSYCH (the musical episode, everyone’s got to have one). He’ll also be working on Nightingale with Jeremy Renner, Joaquin Phoenx and Marion Cotillard.

What is happening during this chapter of your career that you want to share with your fans?

"Right now I have been filming 2 huge back to back episodes of PSYCH TV series that happen to be full blown musicals. It is going to be awesome."

*from an online site theblemish.com

Edited by skylucy, 19 October 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#14 Canadagraphs

Canadagraphs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

They wrapped the musical this week,
Now, they do the finale.... HOPEFULLY its just a season finale.

#15 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

This was a tweet from Dulé:

@: Maggie Lawson RT @ElfingAroundNYC: @DuleHill @Omundson @maggielawson @sagebrocklebank Now who has the best voice in the cast?

Now I'm curious because I don't remember hearing Maggie sing except really quick in an outtake for Gus Walks into A Bank. Are there any others she sings in?

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#16 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

@: Maggie Lawson RT @ElfingAroundNYC: @DuleHill @Omundson @maggielawson @sagebrocklebank Now who has the best voice in the cast?

Now I'm curious because I don't remember hearing Maggie sing except really quick in an outtake for Gus Walks into A Bank. Are there any others she sings in?

She did a Psych out in season 4 singing let's get physical. Pretty voice but I did not quite buying it as much as the others. It could be the song choice. I think she did fine with the backstreet boys song.
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#17 lakersfan

lakersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

She was also singing in the psychouts for Forget Me Not and High Top Fade Out

#18 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yuppers, they are FINALLY doing a musical episode!!! *does happy dance*. I didn't catch when it's going to air, but I heard that Anthony Rapp ("RENT" and "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown") and Barry Bostwick ("The Rocky Horror Picture Show") were going to guest star in it....

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#19 lakersfan

lakersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Anyone know if they'll be releasing the tracks that they will be singing on a CD or iTunes?

#20 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Anyone know if they'll be releasing the tracks that they will be singing on a CD or iTunes?

I don't know but I would SO be all over that if they did!!!! I love my musicals, so naturally I'd be the first one in line to buy the CD, but since it would be "Psych" that was just make it all the more amazing for me!!! I do hope too, given that one of the guest stars is from "Rocky Horror" that they do either some type of reference to it, or perform "Time Warp" as one of the songs!!!!!

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved