Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Cancelling Royal Pains? (no, it's not cancelled)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 plnadeaujr

plnadeaujr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

Royal Pains is a light hearted comedy, which is fun and very entertaining to watch. It has a perfect cast; especially Henry Winkler being added to the cast but he needs a bigger part. I am a Happy Day's Fan from the seventies and he will always be great to me.. Mark Feuerstein is awesome as Dr. Hank; Paulo Costanzo is very believable as a Tenacious CEO and money driven. Next Jill Flint is a Auburn Bombshell that causes my heart to go into overdrive when she graces her character with precise charisma laced with just enough innocence to make one pray that her and Dr. Hank hook back up. Finally Reshma Shetty is warm, endearing and extremely sexy Lady who is prim and proper ways just make her HOT, and who's gorgeous (stop a clock) face literally lights up my plasma screen and causes it to nearly overheat. PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW USA NETWORK!!!!!!!
Paul From Glendale, KY.

Edited by plnadeaujr, 25 August 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#2 DevotedGrandma

DevotedGrandma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:37 AM

Please say it isn't so!!!! We love everything about Royal Pains! Please don't take it away and break our hearts! btw...I'm new on this forum. Just joined to plead for the show. Accidentally rated this topic 1 when I meant to say 5. So sorry.

#3 Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:43 AM

Where did you hear the show was being cancelled?

The show is a near-leadpipe cinch to be renewed, and as it is there will be another six episodes this winter. The only question now is, will it remain on USA Network (extremely likely), or if NBC's ratings tank enough with their new shows early on, would NBC-Universal (USA Network's parent) move RP to NBC (the show is also owned by NBC-Universal, which is why that could happen), even though the latter is extremely unlikely right now.

A third season of RP is a near-certainty at this point.

Walt

Want to discuss stuff that isn't on USA Network or television for that matter? Join me (where I'm a moderator) on the NEW Too Smart To Fail Forum by clicking here!

#4 Jord

Jord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

Royal Pains is a light hearted comedy, which is fun and very entertaining to watch. It has a perfect cast; especially Henry Winkler being added to the cast but he needs a bigger part. I am a Happy Day's Fan from the seventies and he will always be great to me.. Mark Feuerstein is awesome as Dr. Hank; Paulo Costanzo is very believable as a Tenacious CEO and money driven. Next Jill Flint is a Auburn Bombshell that causes my heart to go into overdrive when she graces her character with precise charisma laced with just enough innocence to make one pray that her and Dr. Hank hook back up. Finally Reshma Shetty is warm, endearing and extremely sexy Lady who is prim and proper ways just make her HOT, and who's gorgeous (stop a clock) face literally lights up my plasma screen and causes it to nearly overheat. PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW USA NETWORK!!!!!!!
Paul From Glendale, KY.

I agree with Paul on his statement, but i just wanted to add that i would like to see more of a bond between Hank and Tucker, i am somewhat drawn to his character(probably because i have 3 kids of my own)
and he is a new face to me in hollywood.

#5 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

I never heard it was being cancelled....I just heard that the summer finale is tomorrow which means they'll probably be back sometime around Jan./Feb. I heard that from the commercials...maybe I got it wrong? Where did you hear that it was being cancelled?

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#6 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

This show is in almost no danger of being cancelled. See this article about it's excellent ratings performance.

From the article:

"As has been the case throughout the summer, USA’s Thursday night lineup did much of the heavy lifting. Burn Notice served up 5.5 million viewers Thursday night at 9 p.m., while Royal Pains delivered 5.27 million in the following hour. Burn Notice also drew 2.29 million adults 25-54 and 1.97 million viewers 18-49; with an average draw of 2.33 million 25-54s, Royal Pains out-drew its lead-in by 2 percent in the older demo. Pains also averaged 1.94 million adults 18-49."

#7 TBNGUIMUS

TBNGUIMUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Paul From Glendale, KY.

#8 TBNGUIMUS

TBNGUIMUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

Paul From Glendale, KY.

#9 TBNGUIMUS

TBNGUIMUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

I totally agree. Let's keep the hard press on for this to stay as is.

#10 fulyric

fulyric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Paul From Glendale, KY.

Why are you talking about cancellation when nothing has been said about such a subject? Seriously, there is a difference between "Summer Finale" and "Series Finale." It blows my mind that people make assumptions like this just because they don't fully listen. Posted Image I want to believe you are legitimately concerned and not just trying to stir people up into a panic, in which case I will honestly say that panic is unnecessary. I have no doubt that RP will be back, not only with its 6 winter episodes in January, but also with season 3 next summer. And the summer after that. And the summer after that...Posted Image

#11 maggster

maggster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

There is no way its being cancelled. The show is to great to be cancelled. Its not true. There is no way that it is. Everybody loves this show, and when I say love i'm pretty sure we love it. If they cancel the show ,which they wont,it will make them look bad and they will lose veiwers. The last thing they wanna do is lose veiwers. So I am positive that Royal Pains is staying and if it isnt we should complain and tell them how much the show matters to us. But hopefully we wont have to go there,hopefully.
From,
Maggster

Edited by maggster, 25 August 2010 - 05:54 PM.

#12 maggster

maggster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

Why are you talking about cancellation when nothing has been said about such a subject? Seriously, there is a difference between "Summer Finale" and "Series Finale." It blows my mind that people make assumptions like this just because they don't fully listen. Posted Image I want to believe you are legitimately concerned and not just trying to stir people up into a panic, in which case I will honestly say that panic is unnecessary. I have no doubt that RP will be back, not only with its 6 winter episodes in January, but also with season 3 next summer. And the summer after that. And the summer after that...Posted Image

And hopefully the summer after that, and that, and that,and that, till all the diseases out there have allready been used for the show. But then they might just make up more diseases. lol.

Edited by maggster, 25 August 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#13 Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

Like I said in my point:

There is NO WAY Royal Pains will be cancelled whatsoever barring something VERY stupid. It's one of USA Network's top shows, and in reality should also be airing "repurposed" episodes on NBC (something I would be doing if I were at NBC for this fall on Friday or Saturday nights using the first two seasons as those would be new episodes for those without cable who have never seen it).

As said, the one possibility I can see happening is if enough of NBC's fall lineup falters, NBC-Universal moves the six winter episodes of RP scheduled to be on USA Network to NBC (with those episodes then airing "repurposed" on USA Network), and if so, with four additional episodes ordered to bring RP to a full 22-episode order for season two.

Walt

Want to discuss stuff that isn't on USA Network or television for that matter? Join me (where I'm a moderator) on the NEW Too Smart To Fail Forum by clicking here!

#14 gbrown

gbrown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:28 PM

Dont worry Royal Pains will be back for 3rd season and a 4th. But on what channel dont know USA OR NBC. I think Rp could do well on broadcast NBC. It will be back in Jan. Then hope back in April with maybe 20-22 episode'sPosted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved