• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

@TedonTV just broke the news that Burn Notice and Psych begin the second half of their seasons in November.

Psych's begins November 10. I'm not sure when that means it ends. If there are no repeats it will end on December 22. Could the season be ending on a seasonal note (holiday episode)?

Lots of things to wonder about.:lol:

#2 merrymelodys

merrymelodys

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

whoa Whoa WHOA! really???

And @Psych_USA just posted this five minutes ago:

"You won't have to wait very long for the second half of season five! Psych will start Nov 10!"

So I'm super excited that I won't have to wait long :D

But... does that mean the hiatus will be 7 months long? That's almost unbearable! :unsure:

Posted Image

(thanks snarkcookie!)

Posted Image

James: Oh, Gus, what am I going to do with you??
Maggie: *shrugs* *smiles*

^^CUTE :D

#3 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

@TedonTV just broke the news that Burn Notice and Psych begin the second half of their seasons in November.

Psych's begins November 10. I'm not sure when that means it ends. If there are no repeats it will end on December 22. Could the season be ending on a seasonal note (holiday episode)?

No, I don't think so. From what I know the holiday episode is no. 10 as far as I know, and
Spoiler
is no. 11.
Anyone have any other info?
Posted Image

#4 USAophile

USAophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

WHAT?!! November!! I hope we don't have to wait until July after that!

Lassiter: We're all ears, Lightly.
Mary: You really are all ears, Carlton. It's spectacular"

Shawn: Dude, I can't see anything out of my left eye.
Gus: I see dead people.

Henry Spencer: Are you busy on Saturday?
Shawn Spencer: You want me to come with you to awkward class?

pineapple.jpg
Proprietor of Pineapple Observation for the CMP^2

#5 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

whoa Whoa WHOA! really???

And @Psych_USA just posted this five minutes ago:

"You won't have to wait very long for the second half of season five! Psych will start Nov 10!"

So I'm super excited that I won't have to wait long :D

But... does that mean the hiatus will be 7 months long? That's almost unbearable! :unsure:

If I was able to have wishes granted, I'd ask that they'd have a Psych movie in between season 5 and 6. The movie would help tie up a bunch of loose ends of the first five seasons. Then Season 6 could be set sometime in the near-ish future with whatever character development that was begun in the movie addressed more completely.

#6 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

From what we know the holiday episode is actually episode 10, and it is directed by James Roday and they are filming it right now. The second half season finale will be the third and final part of the Yin/Yang trilogy. I don't think that will be a seasonal episode, do you? Also i think that he is referring to when they air the holiday episodes, not the full second half of the season, because the winter season premier of Psych is the second part of Extradition British Columbia, directed by Steve Franks and co-written by Franks and Berman.

And as we know there is always a large gap between the mid-season finale, the holiday episode and the second half of the season.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

From what we know the holiday episode is actually episode 10, and it is directed by James Roday and they are filming it right now. The second half season finale will be the third and final part of the Yin/Yang trilogy. I don't think that will be a seasonal episode, do you? Also i think that he is referring to when they air the holiday episodes, not the full second half of the season, because the winter season premier of Psych is the second part of Extradition British Columbia, directed by Steve Franks and co-written by Franks and Berman.

Good info, but, errm sorry shulesrockz, what happened to spoiler alerts...? I was bummed when I found out the title of 11 by accident and I know I'm not the only one.

Edited by Aneema, 18 August 2010 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

#8 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

And as we know there is always a large gap between the mid-season finale, the holiday episode and the second half of the season.

I think the entire half of season 5 will be between November and December 2010. Here is a link to the press release--TV by the Numbers-USA Schedule

relevant tweets-

http://twitter.com/I...tus/21510681677

http://twitter.com/T...tus/21510801833

Now of course the filming of the episodes has never corresponded exactly to where they fell in the schedule.

Edited by MarthanotGeorge, 18 August 2010 - 02:55 PM.

#9 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

Good info, but, errm sorry shulesrockz, what happened to spoiler alerts...? I was bummed when I found out the title of 11 by accident and I know I'm not the only one.

Oops! I apologize, although i don't really consider episode titles spoilers seeing as they are released publicly way before the episode airs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

Oops! I apologize, although i don't really consider episode titles spoilers as they are released publicly way before the episode airs.

You're right of course, and I wish they weren't, am always careful on the official sites trying to avoid them.
Posted Image

#11 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

I think the entire half of season 5 will be between November and December 2010. Here is a link to the press release--TV by the Numbers-USA Schedule

relevant tweets-

http://twitter.com/I...tus/21510681677

http://twitter.com/T...tus/21510801833

Now of course the filming of the episodes has never corresponded exactly to where they fell in the schedule.

Thanks for clearing that up for us MarthanotGeorgePosted Image. So the second half season premiere (Franks/Berman episode) will in fact air before the holiday episode. We know that is the premiere because Steve Franks told us… From what we know about the mid-season finale and the second half season premiere (not giving anything away) this now makes much more sense and also brings a whole new light to Roday's holiday episode. Now i am TRULY excited and i am so happy that we don't have to wait so long as in other seasons.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 pineapple_luver

pineapple_luver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

NOVEMBER?!! That's totally awesome, but right now I'm so DEEPLY confused about how that's going to work with all the episodes...:blink:

♫ I'm not inclined to resign to maturity! ♫

"This door is really solid!"
"I think it's oak!"

"Easy? Yes! But life is easy, Gus. If you really want it to be." <3

"Shawn, what have you done today?"
"Well, let's see. I watched some Phineas and Ferb, took a nap, had a snack. I'm a little tired."

#13 Willk1989

Willk1989

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Now all we need is a sixth season renewal announcement... B)
Posted Image

#14 crl300

crl300

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

this going to be awsomes psycho for psych and i am proud that i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 akaMindyHowland

akaMindyHowland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Is the second half of the season starting earlier then it normally does? I seem to remember the second half starting later then November.

#16 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

Is the second half of the season starting earlier then it normally does? I seem to remember the second half starting later then November.

Of course! It usually starts the back-end of January.Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

Of course! It usually starts the back-end of January.Posted Image

That's what I thought so I have to ask...is this good news or bad news for the show? I'm so confused :blink:

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#18 maniac_maniac19

maniac_maniac19

President Pro Tempore of the Maniac Fan Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

Am I the only one who fears that this news doesn't bode particularly well for Psych? Why would they suddenly change the broadcast schedule that USA Network has used since forever? I smell a rat. Where is USA Admin when you need him? I want answers. :unsure:

*to self* "Breathe deep breaths..."

Edited by maniac_maniac19, 18 August 2010 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

"Maniac_maniac19, president pro tempore, Maniac Fan Club." - Shawn Spencer

Proud Psych-O since 2006

Psychfic: Pineapple Smoothie

#19 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

SECONDLY, am I the only one who fears that this news doesn't bode particularly well for Psych? Why would they suddenly change the broadcast schedule that USA Network has used since forever? I smell a rat. Where is USA Admin when you need him? I want answers. :unsure:

Breathe deep breaths...

That's what worries me except the fact it says Burn Notice too which gives me a little more confidence since I thought that was already picked up for another season.

Oh well, guess have to wait with fingers crossed. Trying not to get upset like when I read Dulé's article. It's hard though cause I was also a fan of Arrested Development and we know what happened there :(

Edited by psyfanatic, 18 August 2010 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#20 shulesfosho

shulesfosho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Am I the only one who fears that this news doesn't bode particularly well for Psych? Why would they suddenly change the broadcast schedule that USA Network has used since forever? I smell a rat. Where is USA Admin when you need him? I want answers. :unsure:

*to self* "Breathe deep breaths..."

I thought of that. :( And thinking about how USA has new shows like White Collar and Covert Affairs. Psych has kinda gotten pushed to the back of the line. I'm worried, but I cannot myself out right now with school right around the corner.
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved