#1 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

Hi All,

I have a few rules for our NCIS Forum, and it should help us to get the most possible enjoyment from our humble boards.

Thanks to IrishEyes, one of the USA Forum Moderators, we now have this and the Welcome Newbies Thread “pinned”. She also provided us with the following USA Forum Guidelines:

Based on many discussions on the board, here are a few guidelines, rules of etiquette and suggestions for newbies and anyone else in need of a refresher course.

1) Please don't type in all caps. It's considered yelling and you can be seen as rude. You have a “shift” button on your keyboard, please use it.

2) Punctuation, grammar, and spelling (your English teacher would love to know you learned to use them). Please remember that English is not the native language for many of our posters. Using “netspeak” or not using punctuation, capital letters, grammar, etc, can make your posts difficult to understand. Also remember that not everyone here is under the age of 20 so the “netspeak” looks a lot like gibberish to us and makes some posts more than difficult to read.

3) Duplicate threads. Please check to see if there's already a thread started about what you want to discuss. If you can't find one, then there's a search feature at the bottom of the main page. It's a pretty good bet that if you want to discuss a particular topic, it's already got at least one thread dedicated to it.

The Admin of USA has stated that duplicate threads will be locked. So to avoid aggravation to yourself and others, please do a check first. Then, if your topic doesn't appear, feel free to start a new one.

4) Remember that we can't see facial expressions, hear vocal intonations or hear the laughter that someone may have been experiencing when they wrote you a reply. This means that sometimes something you might find offensive wasn't intended that way by the poster. If you find something they said to be offensive, please ask for clarification before assuming they meant to be mean. If you don't feel comfortable posting your question to the board, then send the poster a PM (click their name, then click "private message"). Don't just assume they were trying to be mean and get in their face in return. That's how board wars get started.

5) Speaking of board wars, please don't bring difficulties on other boards here. If you're having issues with another board, deal with it there. Don't post a link to their board here and ask people to go over and read/respond/help. It'll only get ugly and I dare to say, none of us want that.

6) Remember the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Which, in plain speak means: Be nice, play well and if you're feeling grumpy or full of angst, go sit in a corner until you're able to play well with others. We all have feelings and can be hurt rather easily if poked hard enough. Just because we can't see each other doesn't mean the words can't hurt.

7) Don't feed the trolls. This means that if you see an offensive post, don't reply. This only makes the problem get worse, and the trolls come back.

These are a few general things, but are IMPORTANT to follow.

Have a great time on the forums!

Kimbee

Edited by Kimbee, 23 July 2010 - 07:17 PM.

Posted Image Plus Posted Image Equals happy Me!!

#2 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

7) Don't feed the trolls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

I will add that, Reit!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks!!
Posted Image Plus Posted Image Equals happy Me!!

#4 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

I love it!! Thanks Kimbee for doing this. I think I made a thread once for board rules, but it was just a thread. I never had it pinned. Thanks for doing this. Will let you know if I think of anything extra. ;)

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:
Broadway in New York 3-25-10
P.A.C in Tulsa, Okla. 11-26-10

#5 ncislover1234

ncislover1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

Thank you so much for doing this i now know some things i would of course being me do this and now thanks to you now i know that it migt be offense so thank you.:D

#6 whitewolf8214

whitewolf8214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Please show  more NCIS NCIS:LA and CSI AND CSY:NY more and I am sick of it as many other
are and to USA Network Why are you showing Law and Order:SVU so
much?I'm like but am getting sick of Law & Order: Special Victims
Unit.

Does USA have to show SVU nearly every day all day? There are so many

other shows - can't USA show a combination of different shows during the

day?Lose this show because you're losing me. I really like SVU But dang try showing something else you are burning me

out and getting tired of watching the same ones 4 or more times a
week.Please go back to showing NCIS or NCIS:LA on Monday and Wednesdays
Law and Order:SVU on Tuesdays NCIS or NCIS:LA on Wednesdays,CSI on
Thursday and Law and Order or other shows on Fridats and wekkend mixture
of the shows or movies.Please quit showing so much L&O:SVU or you
lose me as a watcher and I turn it off when the show is on.I can narrate
every word on the shows from you showing it so much and please go back
to schedule you had like mentioned before.Thanks

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved