• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#1 MrsJonas14

MrsJonas14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

This thread is to discuss the character Dr. Emily Peck (played by actress Anastasia Griffith) and the Emily & Hank relationship.

All previous threads on this topic have been merged into this main thread. Please note that your posts were merged in date order, so the oldest are first and the newest are last.

Feel free to discuss the character as much as you like or don't like, but it's not necessary to bash the actress - please report such posts to myself or one of the other moderators.

If there are additional threads on this topic that you would like merged into this main one, please ask one of the moderators.

---original post---

So this stupid womans not leaving? I despise her! <_<

Edited by NatashaFatale, 05 August 2010 - 07:33 PM.
To Merge all threads on same topic & add intro to first post why

#2 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Yup. Don't love to hate her. Just hate her.

#3 hamptonbetty

hamptonbetty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, I guess they had to keep her around --- they knew she would irritate us!

Betty

#4 kissbabyin

kissbabyin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

I absolutely LOVE Royal Pains. There are certain times when Evan annoys me, but, for the most part, he fits the show really well. I HATE Dr. Peck's character. If she becomes a permanent fixture on this show, I will not watch it again. I foresee her being present for the entire second season, at least. I don't know if I can sit through the whole season if I have to watch her. She is insufferable. I don't expect every character to be agreeable, but I don't think a show has to have someone that horrible to make it a good show. It was a great show before her, and it can be a great show without her. It cannot even be a good show with her in it. I hope her stay is VERY short lived!

#5 kissbabyin

kissbabyin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

I agree with all of you. I posted my own thread at the same time this one was being posted. If this one would have been listed before I posted my thread, I would have just added my comments here. I will not continue to watch the show if she becomes a permanent character. I cannot stand her, not even a little bit!

#6 elmopalooza12

elmopalooza12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

I swear if the writers have Hank fall for her I will puke. Seeing as how he was attracting to the lady in Cuba who had no interest in him. I can't stand this women. You think Jill is bad. But Jill is nothing compared to this girl.

#7 xscapeartist21

xscapeartist21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

I absolutely detest this woman. I've never rolled my eyes so hard when a person comes on my tv screen. Hopefully the gang doesn't take any of her crap. I love how Divya was serving her attitude though,lol. Atta girl Div!

#8 Dansker

Dansker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

Why do writers insist on writing characters that are total cartoons? Dr. Peck is beyond unlikeable, she's a stupid stereotype and adds nothing as a continuing character. She was interesting for a nanosecond as the obnoxious replacement, but is so dislikeable that I am inclined to turn off any episode that features her for more than 60 seconds. She grates on my nerves...and there are plenty of obnoxious characters on TV who are sustainable.

Why I dislike her:

1) She's a one note Johnny, the stereotypical self-centered doctor, in it for the bucks only.
2) She is without compassion (ignoring the panicked parents of the boy with the noodle up his nose), and looking out solely for herself.
3) She's been given no redeeming character traits...i.e., she's essentially one dimensional, and that dimension is BORING and IRRITATING.

I really like this show. The interplay of the characters is fun: each one has a purpose and as the seasons have progressed, all have revealed sides of themselves that have depth over their initial impression.

So, with the addition of this singularly unredeemable character, has Royal Pains jumped the shark? I'm afraid it may be so.

#9 Dansker

Dansker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:32 AM

I wish I had seen this beore I posted the Dump Dr.Peck Character topic. This character is unredeemable! I have never had such a negative reaction to a character in a series before. I am also prepared to stop watching because this character is such a curious combination of BORING and IRRITATING.

Nothing to love to hate, I agree. Just a character to loathe.

The writers are idiots...and the producer more so for letting this go beyond a one or 2 episode character.

#10 superario

superario

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

I absolutely detest this woman. I've never rolled my eyes so hard when a person comes on my tv screen. Hopefully the gang doesn't take any of her crap. I love how Divya was serving her attitude though,lol. Atta girl Div!

Well, it certainly seems like Evan and Hank like her for the moment. But that's only because they haven't gotten to know her yet. Divya knows the real truth. I have a feeling Hank is going to tolerate her, but Divya is going to suffer and who knows, maybe Evan will too. Or maybe he'll be too blind to notice, since he tends to fall for girls a lot, so...Hopefully he annoys the heck out of her that she decides to just up and leave.

#11 Bill_The_Cat

Bill_The_Cat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

The writers appear to be doing their jobs. Mediocre characters make for a mediocre series.

THPPT ........ACK

#12 Lutie

Lutie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

Rarely am I in agreement with those who criticize writers, but in the case of the character of Dr. Peck, it would behoove the popularity of the show to get back to the "why" the show is so popular. This Dr. Peck character needs to be written out immediately...the actress who plays her needs to get some acting lessons (have you noticed that the characters who are blond usually are also very poor actors?)...thus, the reason for the tired blond jokes.

Please get rid of the Dr. Peck storyline...adds nothing but disgust to the story line...does everyone still have to have lack of morals (we deal with enough of that in the other story lines on other programs)? Royal Pains became a favorite of mine because it showed people with great morality guiding those who have never known how to make decisions because of their wealth. This Dr. Peck takes away from the fun-and-crazy-acting-without-a-brain wealthy people with whom HankMed associates. GET RID OF PECK!

#13 xscapeartist21

xscapeartist21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

Well, it certainly seems like Evan and Hank like her for the moment. But that's only because they haven't gotten to know her yet. Divya knows the real truth. I have a feeling Hank is going to tolerate her, but Divya is going to suffer and who knows, maybe Evan will too. Or maybe he'll be too blind to notice, since he tends to fall for girls a lot, so...Hopefully he annoys the heck out of her that she decides to just up and leave.

Yea, I thought that they were going to fall for her too in the beginning. But when she said she wasn't leaving I think they picked up on her game and the kind of person she is. Hopefully Hank doesn't fall for her. I'll be sorely disappointed.

#14 ELnDK4ever

ELnDK4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hey,

Actually, just keep in mind that this woman just now (as of last ngiht's episode) moved to the Hamptons, and is starting her own *gulp* Concerige Doctor Service... Can anyone say "Competition"?

I don't incredibly like this character, and I loved when Divya gave it to her last night...That's score 2 for Divs! (Score 1 was kicking that guy in the back at the bar...LOL.)

Anyone agree that Dr. Peck shouldn't stick around? LOL...

Edited by ELnDK4ever, 02 July 2010 - 12:44 PM.

Thanks and Write back,
Rachael

EVAN AND DIVYA 4EVER!!!

Posted Image

#15 superario

superario

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Yea, I thought that they were going to fall for her too in the beginning. But when she said she wasn't leaving I think they picked up on her game and the kind of person she is. Hopefully Hank doesn't fall for her. I'll be sorely disappointed.

Yeah, they definately have mixed feelings about her. They can't really judge her yet because they don't know her, and she hasn't been a bitch to either of them (yet?) so they have no idea. I'm sure Divya will gladly fill them in on that. But you can see their expressions after she admits to staying in the Hamptons, but I think they're more worried about the competition rather than her snobbiness.

#16 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

I'm going to go against the flow here and say I kind of like her. Her calm reactions to all of Divya's insults and outrage are interesting. Also Boris hired her. I'm sure he had her checked out thoroughly. She must have something going for her. I think there's a lot more to her than we've seen and that Divya's perspective may be limited. Seems like they're setting her up to reveal backstory to explain her behavior. I don't think she will, but even if she does turn out to be a straightforward villain that sort of conflict can be a good thing for a series. Not everyone can be a good guy. Someone has to be the bad guy.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#17 Quaterback

Quaterback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

I am with all of you Lose Dr. Peck.

Dr. Peck will pump Evan for all MANK MEDS client list.

Once Hank Finds out what Evan has done he will kick him out of Hank Med for good.

#18 1ghostcat

1ghostcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

I agree, Dr. Peck has got to go. I wouldn't want her treating my pet let alone a child. I still think Jill is the one for Hank and I like the friendship between her and Divya.

#19 fulyric

fulyric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

I am with all of you Lose Dr. Peck.

Dr. Peck will pump Evan for all MANK MEDS client list.

Once Hank Finds out what Evan has done he will kick him out of Hank Med for good.

OK, clearly your problem is not with Dr. Peck but with Evan, because your little post here is about EVAN. I have seen your other posts (like the one regarding Henry Winkler and how both he and Evan will steal all Hank's money and a jet and fly away together) and it is obvious you don't like the character. It is also obvious you don't understand the character either. Evan is responsible for bringing Hank to the Hamptons in the first place, and his sole ambition is to make "Mank Med" (as you've called it here) and therefore his brother, a success. As Hank's CFO, why would he compromise that?
How about stating outright what you really mean - you don't like Evan (a core character), you don't want Evan on the show and for some reason you want Hank to completely disown his little brother (at least in Hank's mind, his ONLY family). Evan is not the villain you seem to want him to be. And how about you make it clear that this is an opinion and not fact? I've seen that on other boards for other shows - people write things like this and make it sound like it is cold hard fact, and I'm sorry to say it is not. It is your opinion, maybe what you would like to see, but it is not a universal, irrefutable truth.
Sorry but I don't have the patience for blanket statements like this. Are you really going to post on threads of every character or plot you dislike, somehow connect them to Evan and then explain how this will result in his expulsion from the show?? If you don't like Dr. Peck, fine - that IS what this thread is for. But save your Evan hate for an Evan-hate thread. Don't like it, don't watch it; just like I would not watch without Evan.

Edited by fulyric, 02 July 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#20 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Folks. . .I don't like Dr. Emily Peck either, but. . .do we REALLY need FOUR SEPARATE THREADS about the good doctor?! Can we just stick with this thread? (I like the way it rhymes?!) :blink:

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved