• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#21 lizzygurl37

lizzygurl37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:42 AM

I'm with you Gardengurl, I really hope he is a reoccurring character on the show. My mom and I have had many debates on who/what he really is. I came on the site to see who the actor was, but notice (as you did) that he wasn't listed. He is not listed on the imdb page either. His character has intrigued me and I would really like him to stick around. And lets face it, he's not to bad on the eyes either ;)

Eion bailey is his name... He was in center stage with peter gallegher that plays joan's husband and also he stared in band of brothers.... I agree with you this is an amazing character and hope he and annie get to talk soon.... or at least lets see her start getting red flags about ben and start searching for him and find out who he is.... I personally think he was an agent for joan and her husband over seas for an assignment and when he met annie he gave it up for her and thats why he's in hiding because he knows to much..... or he was an agent and while on the three weeks with annie he also was on an assignment and had to leave her when the assignment was complete

#22 AnnieDelTaylor

AnnieDelTaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:58 AM

I agree somewhat on the Joan/Arther angle - possibly we are looking into double cross there and if so, I'm all for it. However, not remotely realistic that spouses would be in this situation in most companies, let alone the CIA. That is VERY distracting to me.

Next episode 1 day away! Here's hoping Ben makes and appearance (looking forward to staring into Eion Bailey's beautiful blues & hearing him talk for a change)!

A

Yes, there seems to be something there but I don't think they know it :) if that makes any sense.

I'm hoping they play up the Ben Mercer angle and stop focusing on Joan and what's his name. Unless they have a point for that particular storyline, it seems too much like a soap opera story to me.

#23 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

I'm not sure we've gotten any information yet as to Ben Mercer's status. Obviously, the CIA knows who he is and is very interested in flushing him out but is he a rogue CIA agent? Or is he something else?

You have a point, LiAnn. We're assuming he's CIA, but can we make that assumption? It certainly seems reasonable, but he may turn out to be something altogether different.

#24 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,110 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

You have a point, LiAnn. We're assuming he's CIA, but can we make that assumption? It certainly seems reasonable, but he may turn out to be something altogether different.

Hi Summer! It's good to see you here.

I've been thinking about this because I watched the first two episodes yesterday. I seriously doubt that they would portray Ben as a rogue spy or a burned spy. It seems too "Burn Notice"ish don't you think?

I also haven't read anything to indicate how long he'll be around. The only thing I've seen is "recurring character" and that's not very helpful.

Edited by LI_Ann, 26 July 2010 - 08:56 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#25 AnnieDelTaylor

AnnieDelTaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

I was just thinking about Ben's longevity and posted an blog article over on CovertAffairs.net about how many options (romance-wise) they've given Annie.

Check it out at Men of CA.

A

I've been thinking about this because I watched the first two episodes yesterday. I seriously doubt that they would portray Ben as a rogue spy or a burned spy. It seems too "Burn Notice"ish don't you think?

I also haven't read anything to indicate how long he'll be around. The only thing I've seen is "recurring character" and that's not very helpful.

#26 EveBoo

EveBoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

I can only wish to see Ben more often...I have to agree that assume he is CIA might be a mistake...maybe there is something else to it and honestly I expect it that way it will surprising to take another angle that has not been played already.

He is indeed very easy on the eye too!Posted Image *drool*

You are officially my hero!!

visit www.covertaffairs.net

#27 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,110 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

I was just thinking about Ben's longevity and posted an blog article over on CovertAffairs.net about how many options (romance-wise) they've given Annie.

Check it out at Men of CA.

A

Thanks for that link AnnieDelTaylor. It certainly does give us options. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

BTW.........love your username because I love the clothes at Ann Taylor Loft stores.:)

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#28 lizzygurl37

lizzygurl37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:53 AM

Joan gave slips about Ben all through the first episode..... when Annie asked isn;t there someone else who could pass as a call girl she says there was she's gone leave it at that..... i think that some how when on a mission Ben got someone killed that was in the CIA and went into hiding..... that would explain why Arthur and Joan want him back..... I'm hoping that Annie starts figuring stuff out on her own about Ben..... but wouldn't it be awesome if Annie's in a major fight with some one and he comes out of the blue and gets in the action and when Annie turns to attack him thinking he's another bad guy she's staring at Ben..... Also I think it was Ben tailing her in the first episode..... in that scene it shows that Ben has CIA training..... oh and at the end of the episode you can tell that Ben didn't want to leave her... you can see it in his face and when he pulled the gun at Stas.... even though it was in slow motion you could tell he didn't even think about it he pulled out the gun and BAM, I'm hoping Annie slaps Joan, Arthur, or Jais when she finds out that all three of them know something.... also when any one tries to join the CIA they have major back ground checks..... so when Annie was being back ground checked they found out about Ben and decided to use her as bait.... I think she's going to be pissed when she finds out all of this hopefully Oggie helps her uncover the truth.... A lot of words but i am a huge fan and can not wait till BEN is back in the episodes

#29 likez2w4tch

likez2w4tch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

I really wonder what his motives are,and I always enjoy it when someone gets slapped on TV and they deserved it.Annie should be mad that he even hooked up with her,even if it was just three weeks.I hope she finds out what hes doing but when she does she'll find shes over him.
Posted Image

Sig made by me.

#30 gardengurl

gardengurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

Joan gave slips about Ben all through the first episode..... when Annie asked isn;t there someone else who could pass as a call girl she says there was she's gone leave it at that..... i think that some how when on a mission Ben got someone killed that was in the CIA and went into hiding..... that would explain why Arthur and Joan want him back..... I'm hoping that Annie starts figuring stuff out on her own about Ben..... but wouldn't it be awesome if Annie's in a major fight with some one and he comes out of the blue and gets in the action and when Annie turns to attack him thinking he's another bad guy she's staring at Ben..... Also I think it was Ben tailing her in the first episode..... in that scene it shows that Ben has CIA training..... oh and at the end of the episode you can tell that Ben didn't want to leave her... you can see it in his face and when he pulled the gun at Stas.... even though it was in slow motion you could tell he didn't even think about it he pulled out the gun and BAM, I'm hoping Annie slaps Joan, Arthur, or Jais when she finds out that all three of them know something.... also when any one tries to join the CIA they have major back ground checks..... so when Annie was being back ground checked they found out about Ben and decided to use her as bait.... I think she's going to be pissed when she finds out all of this hopefully Oggie helps her uncover the truth.... A lot of words but i am a huge fan and can not wait till BEN is back in the episodes

LizzYgurl37! I love all that you said! I can so see it! I want Ben to have to rescue annie in some way, nurse her back to health and once she is, they work together to solve whatever big case she was working on and in the process help him heal from whatever emotional battle he is going through. YAY! PLEASE COME BACK TO STAY BEN! I LIKE AUGGIE TOO BUT HE IS SUCH THE FRIEND!

Edited by gardengurl, 28 July 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#31 AnnieDelTaylor

AnnieDelTaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

Three episodes in and still no clarity - for all the build up at the beginning of episodes 1 and 2, the story arc is sure taking it's sweet time. I don't want to have to wait till season 2 to see more of Ben Mercer (and Eion Bailey)!

A

#32 AnnieDelTaylor

AnnieDelTaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

From the still that have been released before tonights show - looks like mystery man Ben Mercer will finally make a more significant appearance!

Posted Image

Perabo told Fancast that her character Annie will be reunited with her former partner Ben (Eion Bailey).

"He's going to come very much to the forefront very quickly," she said. "I just did a scene with him three days ago."

Source

:rolleyes:

Annie

#33 leejixiken

leejixiken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

Go Ben! Go Ben! YAAAAYY Ben!!! (what, no cheering icons? ;) )

More Ben*, please. :)

*(Along with More Auggie, More Ben; didn't want there to be any misunderstanding here...) :D

#34 gardengurl

gardengurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

LOVED THE LATEST EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT FOR MORE!!!!

I THINK ITS FINALLY SAFE TO SAY THAT BEN WAS OR IS SOME SORT OF AGENT! THE FIGHT SCENES AND HIS SNIPER ABILITY WAS REVEALED!

I'M WITH YOU LEEJIXIKEN! MORE BEN! MORE BEN!

#35 gardengurl

gardengurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

From the still that have been released before tonights show - looks like mystery man Ben Mercer will finally make a more significant appearance!

Posted Image

Source

Posted Image

Annie

AnnieDelTaylor,

Where did this picture come from?

Thanks,
Gardengurl

#36 AnnieDelTaylor

AnnieDelTaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

I'm such a huge fan of Ben already! I cannot wait to see what else he can do...excellent chase with Jai through the CONEXes in the dock.

Posted Image

Annie

Edited by AnnieDelTaylor, 11 August 2010 - 11:01 AM.

#37 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hey, LiAnn! I'm here sort of hit-and-miss, when I have time and there's a comment I'd like to make. Ben Mercer is the most intriguing part of the show at the moment, and may keep it from drifting into a bit too fluffy territory.

Burned no, rogue, perhaps, but more likely, one who's gone dark or been left in the cold by someone, and is trying to either right a wrong or save his own name. It's going to be tough for that character not to smack of Michael Weston a touch, but he seems to be someone they want in handcuffs, not just burned, at the moment. I get the impression we'll gradually see more and more of his character.

We got a very different picture of him last night, and I think we're supposed to think he's playing the lone assasin, which of course will turn out not to be the case. Does he have ties to McCauley? Perhaps, or perhaps the mission. What I couldn't tell was whether Jay/Jai (sp?) recognized him or not. One thing seems likely to me: the root of all evil where he's concerned is probably Henry Wilcox. Casting Gregory Itzen in that role, which rings of his evil president role in 24, was no accident. That man can play a character that makes you want to go scrub with such ease.

BTW, since when are black ops called dark ops? Is there a difference, or are we being PC? I'm not sufficiently up on these things to know.

Edited by Summer_Fun, 11 August 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#38 tiggerborg

tiggerborg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

I think Ben is probably a rogue agent like Jason Bourne and that he was hiding out when he first meet Annie in Sri Lanka and left in order to protect her. Like Jason the CIA is trying to capture the rogue agent and they are willing to use the one person they know he cares about to get at him. He was probably involved in one of the Henry Wilcox's black ops missions that went bad.

#39 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

I can envision two scenaria, one where Ben is a bad guy cleaning up Henry Wilcox' messes for him, and another where he's out there trying to get the goods on Henry Wilcox's black ops. Killing the Sudanese baddie certainly suggests the former, but a lot depends on how deeply into that mission he was, and what his relationship with McCauley was. He may simply have done what McCauley wanted to.

This early in the game on these shows, things are rarely as they appear to be. I rather doubt he'll turn out to be the baddie we are meant to think he is. Why else make him such a romantic figure, and why hire an actor of Eion Bailey's calibre?

#40 Impy4191

Impy4191

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

I get the weird feeling that Ben stole secrets, I don't know why I just do. I think he was working for Wilcox, found something out, delved deeper, was found out, and ran. Now with this info, he's taking out Wilcox's bad seeds vigilante style. Could be he lost someone through the practices of Wilcox. Or he was a plant in the CIA from the beginning.

Or, he could be a bad guy, which would be interesting. It really doesn't seem like their painting him to be a bad guy to me, its more like shades of gray. At this point he could go either way and both would work.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved