Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

ddanne and bagpipe_mouse's tag team fan fic, random scene, and miscellaneous backstory thread

• Please log in to reply
7161 replies to this topic

#6121 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

So how was everyone's Easter?

So, where to next folks?

Easter was nice except we have had high wind warnings from Friday to Sunday and it is blowing about 25 m.p.h. today too! The other thing was I was bringing my mom back with me for a week and both our cats decided to become Easter eggs and make us hunt for them! I found mine squeezed into a 3" opening (between a dresser and the wall) and actually I think he was stuck in there!

• I have been reading Rat Patrol fanfiction for the last few days and now I'm confused as to where I want you to go! We never did get any resolution on the painting, the combs, (well, Boris is getting those back but he didn't give them to Claire) nailing the bad guy that took advantage of Boris' dad; the whole RP/WC cross over.
  • I woud like Lukas and Lorcan to meet.
  • What about the letters between Claire and Nina?
  • Haven't heard from Ronnie since she sprained her ankle in Aspen.
  • When are we going to meet Dean and how is that going to go? Also, are you doing anymore with the guys at the penthouse; Dieter nursing a hangover and Dieter and Leticia.
  • ...and when is Freddy going to be released from the hospital...................oh wait - ...........wrong author!!
WHEW - that's all I can come up with today. WHAT are you thinking about??

#6122 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Wow, I really have been ADD with my stories! I've got almost as many loose ends as the actual RP writing team! :blink:

• Claire has the painting and Boris has the combs, and the bad guys are in prison. But with the wedding on ice for now, the gifts have not been given.
  • You want Lukas and Lorcan to meet. Ddanne wants Boris to give Lorcan, and possibly Thiago a smackdown. I'd like to do both. I have a vauge idea of how to do that, but am open to suggestions.
  • I still have to get back to the letters. I got derailed by the rather fun "Dieter as giggling Japanese schoolgirl" image!
  • I suppose Ronnie is working away on the trade floor at Festung!
  • Dean will be a much different creature than his brother. And I think he might take a liking to Dieter.

I suppose if it were just me, I'd like to wrap up anything regarding the Dieter storyline first. If you have any additional ideas on that, throw them into the pot! And, we'll see what ddanne has to say about any and all of these matters! I wonder how much of an Easter "hangover" she has. She's usually pretty active at her church, so I'm thinking she's still a bit stunned right now! :lol:

#6123 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Wow, I really have been ADD with my stories! I've got almost as many loose ends as the actual RP writing team! :blink:
I would NEVER say that! RP writers have dropped storylines down to a science!
  • Claire has the painting and Boris has the combs, and the bad guys are in prison. But with the wedding on ice for now, the gifts have not been given.
How did I miss all of that? I remember the combs coming back but................

I suppose if it were just me, I'd like to wrap up anything regarding the Dieter storyline first.

[/quote]

I'm good with the Dieter storyline. I would like a little more guy time in the penthouse. Maybe Boris, Evan and Hank could each give a try to boost Dieter's mood?

#6124 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

ddanne, any input?

#6125 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

Ddanne, I hope you're ok. I've seen you on occasionally, so I'm not frantic. But, I hope you're feeling well.

Anyway, I'm going to start percolating Thiago and Boris meeting, and Lorcan and Lukas meeting. I have an idea of the four of them meeting at a chamber of commerce luncheon of some sort, but the details are still being worked out.

MSD wants more at the penthouse, so after that, I may go back in time and do later in the day after Leticia called Dieter. Evan isn't going to let go of his pirate's prom so easily!

#6126 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ddanne, I hope you're ok. I've seen you on occasionally, so I'm not frantic. But, I hope you're feeling well.

Anyway, I'm going to start percolating Thiago and Boris meeting, and Lorcan and Lukas meeting. I have an idea of the four of them meeting at a chamber of commerce luncheon of some sort, but the details are still being worked out.

MSD wants more at the penthouse, so after that, I may go back in time and do later in the day after Leticia called Dieter. Evan isn't going to let go of his pirate's prom so easily!

No. . .I’m OK. I’ve just been overwhelmed lately; too many things on my mind! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Sounds like everyone had a good Easter! I was pretty much on my own; I was in church. . .a lot! Then I ended uptaking myself out to dinner. Hmmm. . .I sound pathetic, don’t I?!

I think you and your muse have a pretty good plan for the next chapters of your story. I LOVE Boris getting involved! I’m looking forward to seeing more of Evan and the Pirates’ Prom. And I’m still thinking about the Buddha statue out on the patio. I don’t know why. . .but we know Evan can’t keep his hands to himself. I just see SOMETHING happening to poor old Buddha!

I ran across two articles about social events at Oheka Castle, and I thought you and your muse might find them inspirational! Here are the links:

Oheka Fundraiser to Honor Fallen Police Officers

Celebrating Long Island's Golden Past

I can SO see Claire getting involved in the fundraiser to honor fallen police officers! I think the Gold Coast gala would be really cool, too. . .but that might interest Annabelle more than Claire. I don’t know; what do you think? :blink:

#6127 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Lorcan set down the mug and stood. "Thank you for being so frank with me, mother."

"I have always been honest with you." Lorcan nodded. He kissed his mother and left.

Sorry!! My brain was in “church mode” when you posted this. . .and I forgot to comment! Sorry, sorry, SORRY!!

I pretty much just have to second everything that msd said. I would have expected a Latina woman to be a bit more explosive – can we say MARISSA?! – but that’s just because I like drama! It really wouldn’t fit Leticia’s character. And, honestly. . .she handled Lorcan perfectly! She let Lorcan know, in no uncertain terms, that she was unhappy with him and his behavior, AND, what she expected from him in the future. And she served that all up with a cup of mint tea. Well done!

I STILL want to see Boris put Lorcan in his place! And now, I’m looking forward to meeting Dean. Will we be seeing the two brothers acting in tandem? Or, is Dean going to be flying solo, without his brother? (Is Lorcan the big brother? If you already said. . .I forgot?!) :blink:

#6128 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

No. . .I’m OK. I’ve just been overwhelmed lately; too many things on my mind! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Sounds like everyone had a good Easter! I was pretty much on my own; I was in church. . .a lot! Then I ended uptaking myself out to dinner. Hmmm. . .I sound pathetic, don’t I?!

I think you and your muse have a pretty good plan for the next chapters of your story. I LOVE Boris getting involved! I’m looking forward to seeing more of Evan and the Pirates’ Prom. And I’m still thinking about the Buddha statue out on the patio. I don’t know why. . .but we know Evan can’t keep his hands to himself. I just see SOMETHING happening to poor old Buddha!

I ran across two articles about social events at Oheka Castle, and I thought you and your muse might find them inspirational! Here are the links:

Oheka Fundraiser to Honor Fallen Police Officers

Celebrating Long Island's Golden Past

I can SO see Claire getting involved in the fundraiser to honor fallen police officers! I think the Gold Coast gala would be really cool, too. . .but that might interest Annabelle more than Claire. I don’t know; what do you think? :blink:

I know you've been really distracted with having your home turned upside down!

I'm looking forward to Evan's pirate's prom! That could be so adorable. I smell a party in the future! Maybe...on the ocean boat?

I think Boris's love of meritocracy will come out in his conversation with Thiago. But, I'm a little more uncertain how to approach Lorcan and Lukas. Ideas?

Oh, Claire would just love the police benefit. Maybe I could write a story at some point about Boris hosting such an event, and the foundation asking Claire to give the keynote address. But, I also think Claire would like the gala as well. I can see her taking a shine to the flapper look...that is sort of a "girly tomboy" thing.

#6129 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I STILL want to see Boris put Lorcan in his place! And now, I’m looking forward to meeting Dean. Will we be seeing the two brothers acting in tandem? Or, is Dean going to be flying solo, without his brother? (Is Lorcan the big brother? If you already said. . .I forgot?!) :blink:

Dean is younger. I picture the age difference being something along the lines of Hank and Evan. I'm going to bring Dean in solo first, but he isn't going to be happy with Lorcan's behavior either and he's going to want to have a...discussion...with his brother.

#6130 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'm looking forward to Evan's pirate's prom! That could be so adorable. I smell a party in the future! Maybe...on the ocean boat?

I think Boris's love of meritocracy will come out in his conversation with Thiago. But, I'm a little more uncertain how to approach Lorcan and Lukas. Ideas?

Oh, Claire would just love the police benefit. Maybe I could write a story at some point about Boris hosting such an event, and the foundation asking Claire to give the keynote address. But, I also think Claire would like the gala as well. I can see her taking a shine to the flapper look...that is sort of a "girly tomboy" thing.

Aaaarg! I can hardly wait to read about the Pirate's Prom! I may have to bring out the eye patch.

We don't know if Lorcan knows about Lukas. If he doesn't then I see him ending up standing with Lukas and making some disparaging remark about Dieter that ends up with a couple of black eyes. May even be better if they initially hit it off and have a couple of drinks first. Just a rainy day suggestion.......

Mmmmm - Claire in a flapper outfit and Boris dressed like the Great Gatsby - or maybe in a white dinner jacket and a wing-tip tuxedo shirt for a change of pace!

Edited by msd, 13 April 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#6131 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

JUST saw the Haagen Dazs commercial on TNT. It's been months and months and months since I've seen it. But Campbell Scott's voice is still YUMMY!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by ddanne, 13 April 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#6132 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

(Sigh.) I'm sort of uninspired today. I have a very generalized idea of where I want to go, but the dialogue is not coming to me. It's kind of funny, in my mind all the characters are just standing around in Boris's penthouse looking at each other, not saying anything, just shrugging their shoulders every once and a while. :blink:

#6133 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

(Sigh.) I'm sort of uninspired today. I have a very generalized idea of where I want to go, but the dialogue is not coming to me. It's kind of funny, in my mind all the characters are just standing around in Boris's penthouse looking at each other, not saying anything, just shrugging their shoulders every once and a while. :blink:

I believe this is what Craig Ferguson calls an "awkward pause"

Start with Boris telling Evan and Hank about his phone call with Leticia OR start with Evan thinking they need to cheer up Dieter OR start with the three of them going to bed and all ending up in the kitchen because they are all worried about Dieter.

Any help??

#6134 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Previously, on “Royal Pains”. . .I know, it’s been a while, so I’ll recap. Annabelle was bored, and decided to visit Boris at Shadow Pond. She challenged him to a game of Yahtzee; if she wins, she gets Boris for the rest of the day. I apologize; this got really long, but I just kept writing and writing and writing. Enjoy!

Annabelle looked out the French doors in the library at the darkening winter afternoon. Gusts of wind blew a combination of rain, snow, and sleet against the glass. Annabelle shivered, in spite of the fact that the library was cozy and warm.

She idly drummed her fingers on the arm of the chair; her nails made a clicking sound. Annabelle sighed, impatiently, and waited while Boris spoke to Dieter in rapid German. He was ‘apprising Dieter’ of their plans. She smiled; in actuality, that meant telling Dieter to keep the staff away from the library, guaranteeing their privacy.

Dieter departed, quietly closing the door to the library. Boris walked back over to his desk. “Annabelle, I have one more piece of business that I MUST take care of; it will only take a few moments. Why don’t you set up the game; I will join you as soon as I am finished, and then, we will begin our. . .wager.”

Annabelle stood up, then leaned forward, resting her hands lightly on the glass-topped desk. “Ah, yes. . .our. . .wager! We play one game of Yahtzee, Boris; if I win. . .you’re MINE for the rest of the day!”

“Ja. . .that IS the wager. . .but. . .you will not win, Prinzessin!”

“And. . .you’re so bloody sure of that. . .because?”

He smiled one of those little half-smiles that he KNEW drove Annabelle wild. “Because, Prinzessin. . .you are an abysmal game player!”

“Abysmal? ABYSMAL?!” Annabelle sat back down in the white leather chair in a huff, crossing her arms over her chest.

Boris shook his head. . .and stifled a smile. “I apologize, Prinzessin. Perhaps. . .abysmal was too strong a word?”

Annabelle gave him a haughty look. “Bloody whanker!!”

“Oh, Annabelle, Annabelle, Annabelle. . .how many wagers have you and I made since we have been together?”

Suspicious, Annabelle arched one of her elegant eyebrows. “Hmmmmm. . .I already don’t like where this is going. BUT. . .I’ll play along; no pun intended. Let’s see. . .I suppose. . .oh. . .I don’t have the foggiest idea; and neither do you, I might add! Suffice it to say. . .we have made a . . .a plethora of wagers since we have been together.”

“Ja. And. . .how many of those wagers have you actually won, Prinzessin?”

Annabelle glanced out the floor-to-ceiling windows, not wanting to look at Boris. “OK. . .not a lot. But I HAVE beaten you, mein herr; you KNOW I have! And I have a pair of Christian Louboutins to prove it! I am, if you recall, VERY good at Trivial Pursuit!”

“Ja. . .but I am better! Just as I am better at Monopoly. . .AND Yahtzee. . .and any other game with which you might challenge me!”

“Oh. . .Thhhbbbbbbbbtttt!!!” Annabelle blew a rather inelegant raspberry; she saw Boris wince, slightly.

“VERY eloquent, Annabelle!”

Annabelle smiled, and shrugged her shoulders. “Well, Boris. . .what can I say? ‘True eloquence consists in saying all that should be said, and that only!’ And that’s me, Sweet Pea; short, sweet, and to the point!” Annabelle pointed her well-manicured index finger at Boris for emphasis.

“Hmph. . .hardly!” Boris sat down, facing Annabelle across his desk. “I rather think that de la Rochefoucauld was referring to the spoken word, and NOT those. . .disturbing noises that you are so fond of making!”

“Well. . .you deserved that raspberry! Casting aspersions upon my game-playing abilities. . .and me, in my bereft condition!”

“Again. . .I apologize, Prinzessin. I was merely trying to point out that you and I approach game playing quite differently.”

“Oh? Do tell!”

“You play with your emotions, Annabelle; I play with my intellect!”

“And. . .you’re assuming that your intellect trumps my emotions?”

“Well. . .ja!” Boris looked surprised that Annabelle would question his superiority.

“Oh, Boris. . .you are one arrogant son of a. . .”

“Annabelle!” Boris cut her off. “You wound me deeply! ’It is not a sign of arrogance for the king to rule. That is what he is there for!’ I cannot fight five hundred years of family history, Prinzessin!!”

“Oh, PLEASE!! I thought you were a baron; when did you upgrade to king?”

Boris chuckled. “Go set up the game, Prinzessin. Your king commands it!”

Annabelle busied herself, setting up the Yahtzee game on the low glass table in front of the fireplace. Glancing over at Boris, she could see that he was on the phone. He was speaking in German; she didn’t have the slightest idea what he was saying, but she could hear his rich baritone voice.

Oh. . .God. . .that voice! That voice. . .that always sent shivers up her spine. . .and made her think about doing naughty things. Doing VERY naughty things! Annabelle glanced over at Boris again; he was STILL on the phone! She thought about biting the buttons off his shirt. . .and smiled. THAT would get him off the damn phone!

She sighed. . .and finished setting up the game. She tossed some cushions on the floor around the table. She shrugged off her copper-colored leather jacket; she pulled off her black suede high-heeled boots. When she was satisfied with all of her preparations, she sank down onto the cushions to wait for Boris.

FINALLY! Boris ended his phone conversation; she heard him fixing drinks. When he walked over to the table, he handed her a cut crystal glass filled with amaretto and ice.

“Thank you.” She waited until he sat down in the white leather chair opposite her. She held the crystal tumbler up in his direction. “Is this your secret weapon, mein herr? Or. . .should I say. . .your majesty?”

“Secret weapon?”

“Yes. . .you know! Ply me with liquor. . .get my brain all addled. . .take advantage of me. Like you did the first time we played Yahtzee, on your yacht. You kept pouring champagne. . .and my brain got all. . .muzzy! I couldn’t concentrate on the game.”

“Ha! You could not concentrate on the game because the champagne made you. . .amorous! You were concentrating on. . .me. . .and not the game!”

“Wow! Once again, Boris. . .you assume you know EVERYTHING! Doesn’t that ever get tiresome?!”

“Heavens, no!” Boris seemed genuinely surprised.

“Hmph!” Annabelle took a sip of her amaretto. “Well. . .that’s OK. I have my secret weapons, too.”

“Pray tell, Prinzessin!”

“Well. . .if I tell, mein herr, then they wouldn’t be secret, now, would they?” Flashing Boris her very best Mona Lisa smile, she pulled her soft cashmere cowl-neck sweater off, revealing a sheer black lacy camisole. She had to admit; the look on his face was priceless! “What are we waiting for? Let’s play!”

A near-topless Annabelle distracted Boris for a moment, but he regained his composure quickly. He cleared his throat, and then took a sip of his Scotch. “Roll the dice, Prinzessin.”

Annabelle rolled a two. “Bugger!”

Boris chuckled, and rolled a six. “Ha! I believe that six entitles me to roll first, ja?”

“Hmph! Gloating does NOT become you, Boris. Just roll the dice. . .and let’s start playing!”

Boris used his three rolls to build a full house; he recorded the 25 points meticulously on his scorecard.

Annabelle took her first roll, and watched as the dice scattered on the glass table. “Two, three, four, five, six. I rolled a straight, Sweet Pea! I rolled a STRAIGHT! That’s 40 points. And that puts me in the lead!”

“Now who is gloating, Prinzessin? And the game is FAR from over!”

They continued their play, bantering and teasing each other after each roll. Boris found himself studying Annabelle as she played. Usually, she played very quickly, often changing her mind with each roll of the dice, and scoring the categories on a whim. Today, she was playing much more slowly and methodically. He was impressed with her play; she seemed to have a plan, and she obviously wanted to win!

Boris considered complimenting Annabelle on the level of her play. He waited as she studied the results of her third roll; four sixes, and a five. He was surprised when she filled in the 24 points in the sixes category on her scorecard.

“Annabelle. . .are you sure you want to do that? If you use your four sixes as four of a kind, you will get 29 points, as opposed to 24 points.”

Annabelle shot Boris a suspicious look. “Boris. . .you know I HATE it when you start to kibbitz!”

“My apologies, Prinzessin. I was just trying to help.”

“You worry about your own sixes, Boris. Much like Hamlet. . .there is method to my madness!”

“Hmph! Do enlighten me, bitte!”

Annabelle sighed dramatically. “Boris. . .if I tell you my secret strategy. . .then I’ll just have to kill you!”

Stifling a chuckle, Boris shook his head and put his hands up in mock surrender. “That is a bit dramatic, Ophelia. . .would you not agree?”

“Au contraire, mein Herr!” Boris winced at her bad rhyme. . .and Annabelle chuckled. “Oh, all right. . .I’ll tell you. . .if I must!” Annabelle rubbed her hands together. “It’s all part of my master plan. First, I’m going to get the bonus points on the top. . .and then I’m going to fill in every category. . .and THEN I’m going to WIN!! MWA HA HA!!! I’ll be Queen of the World!!” Annabelle threw her arms up in the air in a gesture of victory. Boris blinked. . .and took a sip of Scotch; her camisole left very little to the imagination!

“Ah! An excellent plan, Prinzessin. . .but difficult to achieve. . .would you not agree?”

“Are you challenging me, Boris?”

Boris studied Annabelle for a moment; he took another sip of Scotch, and then set the crystal tumbler gently down on the glass tabletop. He leaned forward, propped his elbows on his knees, and clasped his hands. “All right. . .yes! A secondary wager. You MUST earn the bonus points, AND score EVERY category; NO zeroes!!”

“Done! Roll the dice!”

“Wait. . .not so fast! We have yet to determine the prizes for which we are playing.”

“OK. If I win. . .I get David Yurman earrings. Now. . .roll the dice!”

“Patience, Prinzessin! While I appreciate your confidence. . .based on our past history, there is a possibility, albeit, not guaranteed. . .that I will win. If, indeed, that proves to be the case. . .what will my prize be?”

Annabelle weighed her options. . .and then flashed Boris a sweet, innocent smile. “Kinky sex! Now. . .roll the dice!”

Somewhat surprised, but satisfied, Boris took his turn, and managed to score a Yahtzee. As he recorded the 50 points, he couldn’t resist gloating. . .just a bit. “That puts me ahead. . .again! I fear, Prinzessin, that you are running out of time.”

“Hmph! The opera ain’t over until the fat lady sings, Boris.”

“She is warming up in the wings, Prinzessin.”

“Oh. . .Thhhbbbbbbbbtttt!!! Hand me the dice; it’s my turn!”

The game continued; their scores were close, and the lead was changing with almost every roll.

Finally, they reached the last round. Boris rolled first, and after his third roll, totalled up his dice, and recorded the 15 in his chance category. He quickly added up his points. . .and Annabelle’s, as well. “I have a grand total of 313 points, Annabelle. You have 291 points.”

“Oh. . .pish tosh! I have three rolls left; I can STILL beat you, Sweet Pea!”

“Not if you do not roll a Yahtzee, Prinzessin!”

“Tut tut! Give me the dice!”

Annabelle tossed the dice; three fives bounced out of the cup, along with a one and a four. Keeping the three fives, she returned the one and the four to the cup, and tossed them again. A two bounced out, along with another five. She kept the fourth five, and returned the two to the cup. She was ready for her last roll.

“You need another five, Princessin. Otherwise. . .you lose the game. . .AND that pair of earrings you are coveting!”

Annabelle shot Boris a baleful look. “Thank you for that update, Sweet Pea! Now. . .hush! I have to concentrate.”

“Hmph! You are going to roll a five by the sheer force of your will?”

“Boris!” Before he could say anything else, she shook the cup and tossed the last remaining dice. It tumbled out of the cup, and skittered across the glass tabletop toward Boris. It banked off his crystal tumbler of Scotch, and finally came to rest. Boris and Annabelle both watched it without speaking; Annabelle was holding her breath.

“I won! I won I won I WON!!!”

Boris leaned back in the white leather chair, and began to applaud. “You have bested me on the battlefield. . .such as it is. Very well done, Prinzessin!”

“Thank you, mein herr!” Annabelle gracefully extended her arms and did a little bow.

“Well! Now that you have me, Annabelle. . .what ARE you going to do with me?”

“Oh. . .I’ve got plans for you, Boris!” Grinning, Annabelle pulled the black lacy camisole off, and tossed it aside.

Now. . .what happens next? You’ll just have to use your imagination! Feedback, as always, is welcome. So. . .what’s next for Annabelle? :unsure:

Edited by ddanne, 15 April 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#6135 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

Now. . .what happens next? You’ll just have to use your imagination! Feedback, as always, is welcome. So. . .what’s next for Annabelle? :unsure:

It's so nice to have Annabelle back again! To have you writing is a real treat! Why do I think Boris really didn't care if he won or lost. It was really a win-win situation for both of them, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Next...I don't know? Do you want to write something with just the two of them, or do you want to play with any other characters from our universe?

#6136 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Oh. . .God. . .that voice! That voice. . .that always sent shivers up her spine. . .and made her think about doing naughty things.

Why do I hear a Haagen Dazs commercial in the background???

LOVED the story and I second B-Mouse - It is great to have you writing again. I think you should follow YOUR muse and write what you want. You know me - I'm still worried about Freddie. I mean is he in rehab - learning to walk or is he looking at dead flowers wondering where his visitors went?

Edited by msd, 15 April 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#6137 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hey, all. I have to get to work a little early today, so I can't put my story down right now, but I actually have a concrete idea! :rolleyes:

Probably tomorrow morning. Sorry!

#6138 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

A little scene that...while cute...sets up more than it resolves! :blink:

"Gentlemen, may I offer you a refill on your coffees? I have just brewed a fresh pot." The Lawson brothers looked up from their newspapers to see Dieter standing with a thermos in his hand.

"Sure," said Hank. "You look in better spirits."

"I am. I have spoken to Leticia. Apparently, I...jumped the gun a little, as Boss likes to say. It was made quite clear to me that..."Dieter smirked a little. "That I provide certain compensations that are perhaps difficult to quantify economically."

"Dieter?" Evan gave an over exaggerated gasp,"you little devil! Hey, why don't you join us for a while."

The majordomo considered for a moment, then drew a mug out of the cabinet at the side of the balcony and sat one of the two empty chairs. He poured some coffee in each of their mugs, and set the thermos on a tile in the center of the table. His attention was draw to a small stone item near the railing. He slowly turned to Evan. "Mr. Lawson, you may wish to remove the Steelers cap from the Buddha before Boris stirs from his office. That was a gift from the Dali Lama, and I don't think Boris would appreciate the humor." He chuckled slightly. "Although the Dali Lama himself would think it quite hilarious."

Evan swiped the hat off the stone figure. "So I guess now that you and Leticia are all right with each other again, there's not going to be a dive bar."

"Oh, Mr. Lawson, there still may be. I do wish to retire some day. I don't intend to wait on Boss until I am taken out in a pine box."

"Dieter!"exclaimed Hank, "Boris would never let you be buried in a pine box! You'll get ebony, or something outrageously expensive like that."

Dieter looked at Hank wryly. "Whatever it is...I'm sure I will have to order it myself." The brothers laughed. "But seriously, Mr. Lawson, I have been playing with the idea of my bar. To have a little pipe dream is...a lovely little amusement. And to share that with friends? Well.." He smiled an looked into the distance at the Manhattan skyline.

"Does that mean I still get my pirates prom?"

"Of course, Mr. Lawson! I have been considering it in great detail. I was beginning to sketch out a menu, but the drinks seem to take precedence. It is pirates, after all."

"Oooo, grog! There has to be grog! Maybe...grog martinis?"

"Quite. And perhaps some sort of hardtack appetizer."

Hank grinned. "I once had this deviled egg stuff topped with a little caviar on a rye toast...you could do that on hardtack."

"I like your thinking, Dr. Lawson. With the tropical environs, we would have access to some lovely fruit. Hmmm, maybe some ceviche?"

Evan was nearly bouncing in his seat. "Oh, and music! We have to have music! What do you think? Steel drum band?"

"Perhaps to welcome the guests, but we need something more...danceable...I do know a small orchestra that can play a swing version of just about anything. I am certain they could adapt some sea chanties to liven up the traditional offerings."

Evan sat back firmly in his chair and sighed. "It's too bad this is just a dream. It would be really, really fun. I guess I'm just fated to never go to a prom."

A voice came from the doorway. "How much are you willing to work for your prom, Mr. Lawson?"

The assembled group looked up to see Boris. "What do you mean, Boris?"

"Well," he said, walking to the table and siting in the remaining empty chair. "I am this year's chair for..."

"Of course!" broke in Dieter, "the fundraiser!"

"I am chairing a fundraiser for Fire Island National Seashore. We have been considering themes for the gala, but have yet to find a satisfactory candidate. I could present the...Pirates Prom...at the next meeting. And if it is accepted...the foundation always needs volunteers." Evan grinned broadly. "But, Mr. Lawson, I will be introducing you to some of the City's elite. I expect you to maintain some sense of decorum. You will be primarily working as a concerned volunteer, not as CEO of HankMed. Do I make myself understood?"

"Work first. Network later...and with class. Got it! Can I have Paige help?"

"I think that would be a superb idea." Boris stood. "I must take my leave. I have a teleconference in half an hour. Please feel free to stay as long as you would like, and Natan will drive you back to Shadow Pond whenever you wish." He took his leave.

Evan let out a loud yelp. "I'm going to a PROM!"

#6139 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

"Work first. Network later...and with class. Got it! Can I have Paige help?"

"I think that would be a superb idea." Boris stood. "I must take my leave. I have a teleconference in half an hour. Please feel free to stay as long as you would like, and Natan will drive you back to Shadow Pond whenever you wish." He took his leave.

Evan let out a loud yelp. "I'm going to a PROM!"

The Buddha wearing a Steelers cap?! BRILLIANT!! My muse and I both thank you!

This was an enjoyable little chapter. I love the way the “Pirates’ Prom” has morphed from fantasy to reality! Using the “Pirates’ Prom” as the theme for a fundraising gala is a GREAT idea. Inspired! And it's nice to know that Dieter is back to his old self. Now, of course. . .we’re going to want to see how the “Pirates’ Prom” progresses, so. . .keep writing!! :unsure:

#6140 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Now msd is AWOL! I swear, it's like herding cats! :P

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved