Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

ddanne and bagpipe_mouse's tag team fan fic, random scene, and miscellaneous backstory thread

• Please log in to reply
7162 replies to this topic

#6081 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

I see, on the tweets and TV.com, that Evan has gone and hired himself a new doctor. I would love there to be a confrontation between Boris and Evan with Big B reminding "Mr. Lawson" that it was his brother that got them a place on the estate and not Evan's brilliant buisness sense!

Also, I forgot about "Jill" being the FBI gal on "The Good Wife". Kalinda certainly put the right moves on her tonight!!

Edited by msd, 02 April 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#6082 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

A fantasy for a Monday morning.

"Do you recall that short lived television series in the 1980's...Tales of the Gold Monkey?" asked Dieter.

"Ooo, I loved that one!" said Evan.

"Yeah, we watched it every week." added Hank.

"You wanted to be a pilot?"

"No, Mr. Lawson."

"Nah," said Hank, "He wanted to be Bon Chance Louie." Dieter pointed at Hank with one hand, and touched the tip of his nose with the other...indicating that he'd gotten it right on the nose.

"I have enough stories in my past to cultivate that air of mystery. And I can be quite charming when I have a few under my belt...not as much as I have now, of course. Now? Now I'm three sheets to the wind...and that just makes me silly."

Boris smiled and shook his head. "Dieter's Down and Out Dive Bar! I think I like this idea! I cannot help you if you want to settle in the Pacific, but I may be able to swing something in the Caribbean...or possibly Latin America.

"Oh, let us go with South America, sir. I already speak Spanish. And somewhere off the cruise ship trail. I do not want to serve pink drinks with little umbrellas to pasty tourists."

"You know," said Hank,"this is going to be the most neat, efficient, well-run dive bar in the Southern Hemisphere! And I'm sure Dieter will impose a certain...propriety on the local riff-raff."

Evan chuckled. "Eventually all the pirates will be wearing pocket squares to match their eye patches!" The group laughed.

"You joke, Mr. Lawson, but real pirates were actually quite fashionable. Fine clothing and accessories were how they advertised their success. They relished the opportunity to parade in formal events..."

"What kind of formal events would pirates have...a....pirates prom?"

Dieter chuckled. "A prom? Now there is a fine idea, Mr. Lawson. When I have my little bar, I shall hold one every year. And the seat of prom king shall be yours whenever you wish to join us!"

"That would be great! Cause, I never got to go to my prom. I was going to, but...I got stood up."

"That is such a sad story, Mr. Lawson." said Dieter, his eyes welling up a little. "Disappointment in love is such a hard thing." He threw his arm around Evan's shoulders and gave him a tight hug. "Now you have Miss Paige. Do not lose that, Evan. Do not be a miserable little man like me." He was quiet for a moment. "I shall miss all of you."

"We can keep in touch." said Hank. "Unlike pirates of old, we have the internet."

"Ah, then I may call upon you for first aid advice if I have to treat injuries after a bar fight."

"Of course!"

Dieter leaned back against the cabinet and sighed, and closed his eyes. "I look forward to polishing the brass trim, and facing all the labels on the bottles out, and listening to the piano player, and..." He trailed off. The group waited for a moment.

"And...?" asked Evan.

"And, he's done." Said Boris, standing. "I will have Gordon carry him back to his room to sleep it off. In the meantime, I have a phone call to make."

"You're buying him a bar?" asked Evan.

"Of course not, Mr. Lawson. I am going to call Leticia." Boris left the kitchen.

"Dang! I wanted to go to the pirates prom!"

Dieter sat at the table on his balcony, nursing a large mug of hot tea. It was cold out, but that was a good thing. It cut through the fog in his head and the nausea in his gut. His cell phone buzzed. Leticia. He gathered himself, and picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Good morning, dove."

"Good morning."

"The snow has stopped."

"Yes. It should be only a couple of days now until the city is back to normal."

"I know. Thiago and Lorcan made it to the airport, but they had to get a couple of rooms nearby. Nothing is getting in or out yet."

"Ah. I am surprised they did not stay in the Hamptons."

"Well...Lorcan was ready to leave, I think."

"Oh?"

"Yes. I had a...discussion...with my son the day after our dinner."

"A discussion?"

"Yes. I understand that wants the best for me, but I am a grown woman and I did not appreciate being treated like a senile old lady. I am perfectly capable of knowing who I am and what I want out of life. And I will not brook rudeness from him toward you!"

"He was just being protective."

"He was being arrogant! He has been hanging around Thiago far too much! He has forgotten that he is not an aristocrat! His father was at that fancy school as a scholarship student, based on his intellectual merit, just like you were! His father worked for everything he had. Carlo had nothing handed to him. We lived in the midst of wealth without being of wealth, just like you. When he denigrates your hard work he disrespects everyone who works for a living...you...his father...and me." She heard Dieter being to laugh. "And just what is so funny?"

'I would not have wanted to be in your path!"

"Oh, dove, I wish you had been. I should have corrected him that very night!"

"No. I would not be in the middle of that for the world!"

"Well...Dean will be visiting next month. That will be very different, I assure you!" She sighed. "I missed you so much last night."

"Yes?"

"You know how when we are in my bed we can see through the skylight." She heard him give a little hmmm in response. "Well, the sky was clear, despite the snow. The moon was full, and it lit up every individual flake. It was like the night sky was filled with little diamonds. The fire was crackling in the background. I missed your body next to mine, all warm and fresh smelling. And I really missed your mouth...come home soon, Dieter."

"I will, my love. Until then..."

They ended the call. Dieter leaned back in his chair. "I suppose my dive bar is now on hold. Of course, one always needs a retirement plan. And every dive bar needs its entertainment. I wonder if Leticia can sing?" Dieter picked up his pen, turned the page on his note pad, and began to sketch a rough floor plan.

#6083 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

And I'm sure Dieter will impose a certain...propriety on the local riff-raff."

Evan chuckled. "Eventually all the pirates will be wearing pocket squares to match their eye patches!" The group laughed.

"You joke, Mr. Lawson, but real pirates were actually quite fashionable. Fine clothing and accessories were how they advertised their success. They relished the opportunity to parade in formal events..."

"What kind of formal events would pirates have...a....pirates prom?"

What a lovely story and a great ending to this chapter and on a Monday morning, too! It was a great way to start my week. Thanks for working all my goofy suggestions into this story. I also loved the conversation between Leticia and Dieter. Lorcan is probably still smarting from that conversation! Anyway - another BRAVO or BRAVA!!

ETA - if you ever want to - I'm curious about the conversation between Boris and Leticia!!

Edited by msd, 27 March 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#6084 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Well, I had to share the experience -I'm coming down with a cold!

#6085 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

I appreciate the solidarity, but you really didn't have to! :rolleyes:

Take care of yourself!

#6086 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:32 AM

ddanne, are you out there? Was my last story ok? :unsure: I don't know why, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with it.

Where to next?

#6087 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

ETA - if you ever want to - I'm curious about the conversation between Boris and Leticia!!

Just saw this! I'll put that in the percolator.

#6088 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

ddanne, are you out there? Was my last story ok? :unsure: I don't know why, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with it.

Where to next?

I'm not quite sure when she was going on the trip. I thought fairly soon.

#6089 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

I appreciate the solidarity, but you really didn't have to! :rolleyes:

Take care of yourself!

When I got home from work I took a Zicam, Mucinex (which I know you can't take but I am grateful for!) and a nap. Had chicken noodle soup for dinner and more Zicam but had a horrible pressure headache. More Mucinex and an Zyrtec at bedtime and I feel better today. I have been able to get the Zicam to work before so I am hopeful.

#6090 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'm not quite sure when she was going on the trip. I thought fairly soon.

Ah, that's right! I'll miss her until she gets back, but I hope she has a good time.

#6091 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Where to next?

Okay - I'm going to throw in my 2-cents. I think you have had more involved stories and this one resolved faster so maybe you aren't feeling as satisfied? I really liked it but maybe there was a little section between "Oh, Dieter passed out" and "Hey, why is Dieter sitting out in the cold?" This woud be maybe where the conversation between Boris and Leticia would have been or a conversation between Boris and the Lawsons or just the Lawsons or some combination. It was a bit like an old Harlequin stories - ".......and he swept her up in his arms and took her to his bed. The next morning........" You kind of wanted a little of the action in between. (Again OLD Harlequins - I got a free one, on Free Book Friday for the Nook, and now they border on TMI!! ....but I digress.....)

Just a theory. Nothing to hang one's hat on!!

#6092 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

You kind of wanted a little of the action in between. (Again OLD Harlequins - I got a free one, on Free Book Friday for the Nook, and now they border on TMI!! ....but I digress.....)

Just a theory. Nothing to hang one's hat on!!

Well, one thing's for sure...Leticia wanted a little action. :rolleyes: Sorry, but you did kind of leave that one out there!

What if Boris's phone call led to the conversation between Leticia and her son? Then I could write the Boris/Leticia conversation, and a scene where Letica lets snotty little Lorcan have it with both barrels! (Insert evil grin here!)

#6093 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Well, one thing's for sure...Leticia wanted a little action. :rolleyes: Sorry, but you did kind of leave that one out there!

What if Boris's phone call led to the conversation between Leticia and her son? Then I could write the Boris/Leticia conversation, and a scene where Letica lets snotty little Lorcan have it with both barrels! (Insert evil grin here!)

I..........I..........I...........I think I'm embarassed! :o ....but you are right, Letitia was in the mood for some Dieter!!

I do think you are perking something that will be satisfactory. Give 'em both barrells!!

#6094 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

So, B-Mouse, have you fully recovered yet or are you still coughing?

I was watching an old Law & Order: Criminal Intent and there was Jill Flint doing her best drunk best friend impression. She just pops up more than I was aware.

Saw the Tweet picture of Jank and some other guy in scrubs - you think that is supposed to be Ecuador or the Hamptons?

#6095 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

So, B-Mouse, have you fully recovered yet or are you still coughing?

I was watching an old Law & Order: Criminal Intent and there was Jill Flint doing her best drunk best friend impression. She just pops up more than I was aware.

Saw the Tweet picture of Jank and some other guy in scrubs - you think that is supposed to be Ecuador or the Hamptons?

I'm sorry, I kind of fell off the face of the earth there! I had a few things crop up at work last week, and I had a busy weekend.

No longer coughing, but I pulled a muscle in my ribs from all the coughing, and that's taking some time to heal. I swear, I don't know if I'll every be completely well again! It's very frustrating!

Anyway, I want to get back to writing, but my percolator has been off for a couple of days. So, I'm going to go back and read a few old stories to try to get the juices flowing again!

That picture? I think its the Hamptons. We know Jill's brother will figure in a few episodes. I just don't see them taking a side trip to South America. With Boris's trip to Cuba, that was a story line you could knock out pretty quickly. Having them go to Uruguay I think would take too long.

#6096 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

[No longer coughing, but I pulled a muscle in my ribs from all the coughing, and that's taking some time to heal. I swear, I don't know if I'll every be completely well again! It's very frustrating!

Patience. You have had a long haul with the whiplash, colds and flus - it may take even a few months but you will feel well again.

That picture? I think its the Hamptons. We know Jill's brother will figure in a few episodes. I just don't see them taking a side trip to South America. With Boris's trip to Cuba, that was a story line you could knock out pretty quickly. Having them go to Uruguay I think would take too long.

Yeah, well, maybe the storyline can be knocked out pretty fast but Boris stayed too long in Cuba.

#6097 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

OK, when you lack inspiration, you should just start writing and see what comes.

Boris sat at the desk in his office, with only the small candlestick desk light illuminating the black desk pad. He drummed the fingers of one hand and tried to control his breathing. He took a sip of the scotch in his other hand. He didn't like confrontation. But he owed Dieter this. He picked up the phone and dialed.

"Hello?" came a warm feminine voice.

"Leticia, this is Boris."

"Boris? Why...Oh, my God, has something happened to Dieter?"

"No. Well...yes, but it is not a life threatening emergency. Did something go wrong at the dinner you had with Lorcan?"

"Wrong? No, I wouldn't say that. Lorcan didn't really take to Dieter, but I had warned Dieter he might not."

"And was there anything else?"

"An old friend unexpectedly accompanied him. I think we may have gotten caught up in reminiscences. He said he was fine...but he must have felt a little left out."

"Leticia...I think he felt more than left out. I held a small poker game this evening with Dieter and the Lawson brothers, who were to accompany me to the children's hospital charity performance of the Nutcracker that was cancelled. Dieter...had a bit too much to drink. Actually, quite a bit too much to drink."

"My Dieter got drunk? That must have been interesting."

"It was for a while. He was like...a Japanese schoolgirl at a Hello Kitty convention was how I believe Mr. Evan Lawson termed it. But then it took a much...darker...turn. He said that he had lost you."

"Lost me?! I can't think of anything I might have said that would have given him that idea."

"As he described the events of that evening, I can see why he became...discouraged. I believe it is not so much that he thinks you want to leave him, but that he thinks he should leave you. For your own benefit."

"What? Why? I don't understand this."

"I believe this has much to do with Lukas returning to his life. With..."

"The disaster with Chloe."

"Precisely. He feels he has little to offer you. And we know Dieter, do we not?"

"He lives to serve. But what he offers me is worth so much more than Thiago could give. Boris...Dieter sees into my heart. He knows me in a way only my Carlo did before."

"Have you told him this?"

"I assumed he knew. He never said any of this!"

"He wouldn't. I did not know about Chloe until...a young man nearly died of anaphalactic shock at my breakfast table."

"Thank you for telling me about this, Boris. I assure you...I give you my word...I will make this right."

"Please do. Dieter is my friend. It is...my job...to stand up for him when he cannot stand up for himself." Boris chuckled. "And at this moment...he cannot stand up at all."

Leticia laughed in return. "Dieter giggling. I'd pay to see that."

"Perhaps you could celebrate with a nice sparkling wine when you reconcile."

"I'll get him drunk and take advantage of him."

"And on that mildly disturbing note...I will bid you good evening."

"Good evening, Boris. And thank you."

Leticia hung up her phone, raised the handset again, and dialed a number. "Lorcan, please come over to the studio immediately. I know it's late. You may be Vice-President of Marketing, but I will always be your mother. Do as I say, and get your spoiled little butt over here right now!"

Edited by Bagpipe_Mouse, 03 April 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#6098 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

.".......a Japanese school girl at a Hello Kitty conference.......". Too funny! Currently working so I will write more later but I really l liked this conversation.

#6099 msd

msd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

[quote name='Bagpipe_Mouse' timestamp='1333455475' post='1551086']

OK, when you lack inspiration, you should just start writing and see what comes.

Well for not having much inspiration, I thought this was an excellent "chapter"!

Dieter...had a bit too much to drink. Actually, quite a bit too much to drink."

"My Dieter got drunk? That must have been interesting."

"It was for a while. He was like...a Japanese schoolgirl at a Hello Kitty convention was how I believe Mr. Evan Lawson termed it.

Okay, I was at a conference - actually a symposium (is there something wrong with the word conference? This is a symposium and later I am going to something termed a "rendezvous" which I think makes it sound like we are having a group affair or something..........wait...........I wandered off......my apologies!) and I almost burst out laughing at that description. It really is perfect and I can always hear Evan in your stories.

"He lives to serve. But what he offers me is worth so much more than Thiago could give. Boris...Dieter sees into my heart. He knows me in a way only my Carlo did before."

I loved this description - it shows how much Leticia cares about Dieter

Leticia hung up her phone, raised the handset again, and dialed a number. "Lorcan, please come over to the studio immediately. I know it's late. You may be Vice-President of Marketing, but I will always be your mother. Do as I say, and get your spoiled little butt over here right now!"

I want to hear THIS conversation! I don't think you mess with Mama Leticia! More! More!

#6100 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'm glad you liked it! Percolating the discussion with Lorcan. Well...maybe it's not going to be a discussion so much as a lecture. I almost feel sorry for Lorcan. But not really! :rolleyes:

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved