• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 djcloud

djcloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

It has been three may be three or four terrible months since we said goodby to our beloved Mr.Monk And now Fridays are empty except for the reruns I watch it my complete colection,of the series But I don;t want to watch to many to fast so that they become stale! what a fate for gems of perfertion like these. To every on else the answer is simple we need more new monks!!! so how about it

Edited by djcloud, 08 June 2010 - 10:50 PM.

#2 Sonimonk

Sonimonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

It has been three may be three or four terrible months since we said goodby to our beloved Mr.Monk And now Fridays are empty except for the reruns I watch it my complete colection,of the series But I don;t want to watch to many to fast so that they become stale! what a fate for gems of perfertion like these. To every on else the answer is simple we need more new monks!!! so how about it

Yes, how about it? I was thinking to write some messages from us (fans), and hope it could help for new seasons. I am from Czech Rep. and here is also Monk very popular and we love him. Iīm also member of 1 fanclub of Tony Shalhoub and have some his DVDs. I have also almost complete Monk colection. I hope MONK is coming soon back to TV, because itīs the best show what I have ever seen. It was very different than other shows and every episode was original and they all (Monk, Natalie, Leland, Randy and also Julie) they are like family and these actors played so well so greatly that I believed them everything (and it doesnt happen to me so much). They are BIG ACTORS. I THANK THEM VERY MUCH FOR SUPER SHOW!!!!!!! AND HOPE TO SEE THEM SOON AGAIN!!!!

#3 Kawasakifan

Kawasakifan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

As wonderful as the series was, I feel it could have been even better. So many themes for future episodes are now forever left unwritten.

KF

Edited by Kawasakifan, 12 June 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#4 monkchik693

monkchik693

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

Monk was a great show that everyone could connect with in some way. However, I'm sure it's highly unlikely that it'll be brought back. If you really miss it that much, may I suggest buying some old season DVD's? Or maybe we could write to USA and request a Monk marathon, just for good times' sake?

But, the show isn't coming back. With Trudy's case being solved, I feel that there's not really anything else to look forward to anyway. Trudy's murder always played a huge, dramatic, part in the show's storyline, but now that it's solved, the show may run a little dry if it was to be brought back.

As John Lennon once said (of course, I'm paraphrasing): "It's just a TV show, it's not the end of the world. Just go back and watch your DVD's if you want to reminisce."

"Everyone seems normal until you get to know them."

#5 tonimarie

tonimarie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

But, the show isn't coming back. With Trudy's case being solved, I feel that there's not really anything else to look forward to anyway. Trudy's murder always played a huge, dramatic, part in the show's storyline, but now that it's solved, the show may run a little dry if it was to be brought back.

Posted Image Actually, I never cared about Trudy's case being solved-after all, she's still dead. I was more interested in how Monk dealt with this loss and moved forward in life- something the writers barely touched upon. I actually thought the show was stagnating because Monk was never allowed out of his obsession with Trudy-

So to me, the finale was awful because Monk was handed a substitiute for Trudy.(& Natalie a substitute for Mitch)-Posted Image Alas, neither character grew. ~Hopefully LG will allow them to change in future books.
Proud member of the Badger Nation! - (Thanks to JenBee for the nickname!)

#6 Sonimonk

Sonimonk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Monk was a great show that everyone could connect with in some way. However, I'm sure it's highly unlikely that it'll be brought back. If you really miss it that much, may I suggest buying some old season DVD's? Or maybe we could write to USA and request a Monk marathon, just for good times' sake?

As John Lennon once said (of course, I'm paraphrasing): "It's just a TV show, it's not the end of the world. Just go back and watch your DVD's if you want to reminisce."

I have almost complete colection. And itīs always nice time to watch Monk after heavy day. Yes, I agree it must be very difficult to continue with the show, but the writers surprised us all the time, so maybe they could find something, I think we could try it to write to USA, if there is more people, who agree with it, here? You know e-mail address and how to do it? Thank you.

#7 mhoward48

mhoward48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:41 AM

I agree, I wish they would bring it back! I miss it.

#8 Kawasakifan

Kawasakifan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image Actually, I never cared about Trudy's case being solved-after all, she's still dead. I was more interested in how Monk dealt with this loss and moved forward in life- something the writers barely touched upon. I actually thought the show was stagnating because Monk was never allowed out of his obsession with Trudy-

So to me, the finale was awful because Monk was handed a substitiute for Trudy.(& Natalie a substitute for Mitch)-Posted Image Alas, neither character grew. ~Hopefully LG will allow them to change in future books.

When the show began and there was no way of knowing how well it would be received or even continue there was much more emphasis on the immediacy of solving Trudy's murder and for fans like myself Monk's road to emotional recovery but as the popularity of the show exploded apparently there was a need to enlage the corpus of themes and so the solving of Trudy's murder took on less promenience being relegated to a brief single scene or season ending episode at the same time interest on a post-Trudy Monk seems to have dissipated or at least been demoted in importance.

KF

Edited by Kawasakifan, 03 July 2010 - 04:05 AM.

#9 monkchik693

monkchik693

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Well, I suppose it just depends on who you are and what's important to you. I, for one, thought that having Trudy's murder as a prelude to the series was a very important one. Otherwise it would've just been like Seinfeld. Without Trudy's murder, I think the series would've been a bit boring, and somewhat pointless after awhile, and you probably would not root for Monk as much as you would have otherwise.

But, that's just my opinion...

Edited by monkchik693, 17 July 2010 - 07:49 PM.

"Everyone seems normal until you get to know them."

#10 karenowensQUIP

karenowensQUIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

I agree!! The show is not comminjg back to TV. Sad face. Although what do you guys think about movies? Do you all think that is too far fetched? Or even better, have Tony and Taylor make guest apperances as Monk and Nat on other USA origanals!!! I think Monk stoppin by Psych and helpin Gus and Shawn solve a couple cases every here and there would be Asome!! Even if Monk was guest on RAW....SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to have bits and pieces of the characters still around!!

That might be a patition worth starting?????
~KO

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved