• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#461 Pandandrum

Pandandrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Stealing Home probably had the best, most honest, one to one conversation that Sara and Neal ever had. Well written and well played by both.

I definitely agree with this.

Their talk must have gone well, because they made a point of having Elizabeth note that Neal was chipper the next morning, and then we found out why Elizabeth looked chipper, so I think we were supposed to get the parallel. By which, I do NOT mean that I think Neal and Sara slept together, because I definitely do not (and I would be highly annoyed to find out that *is* what happened), but my romantic notion of it is that they stayed up for a good part of the night talking, and just that was enough to put Neal in a good mood. He obviously didn't want to close the book on his relationship with her, so maybe having her show up willing to talk things through gave him hope.
"It seems hope is right around the corner, but I've got some disorder that pushes straight instead. The worse the sin is, the more the consequences, the more I'm on a mission to tally-ho ahead." - Levi Weaver

#462 Craquelure

Craquelure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Their talk must have gone well, because they made a point of having Elizabeth note that Neal was chipper the next morning, and then we found out why Elizabeth looked chipper, so I think we were supposed to get the parallel. By which, I do NOT mean that I think Neal and Sara slept together, because I definitely do not (and I would be highly annoyed to find out that *is* what happened), but my romantic notion of it is that they stayed up for a good part of the night talking, and just that was enough to put Neal in a good mood. He obviously didn't want to close the book on his relationship with her, so maybe having her show up willing to talk things through gave him hope.

I logged into today to make the same notion. I watched the episode again last night and noticed that too and it gave me a smile on my face as well. He was kind of acting goofy! Did you see that funny face he made when he looked into El's and Peter's living room? I so want to find out what he told Sara and vice versa. Hopefully we will find out in season 4. I really liked the toned down Sara in this episode although I still like the "bitchy" version of her as well. Guess I could call her a well rounded person. Someone had to take that first step into opening up and placing trust in the other person and I am glad that Sara finally decided to do so. I doubt that Neal would have initiated that...even if he wanted too. He seems like a person that has a hard time trusting people and who blames him?!

"Choices are sacrifices, and inevitably that means giving up something that you want for something that you want more." - Clinton Jones

"If you want a happy ending, it depends on where you stop the story." - Orson Wells

Neal: You know, friends go out occasionally
Sara: They do don't they...maybe you should give me a call sometime.

#463 Jm203321

Jm203321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Sara and Neal are the same somehow. They both have issues trusting people. She had toned down because she started trusting him. But when he was not honest with her and felt betrayed, she got her wall up again. Who wouldn't be? That's why was so glad they had their talk.

#464 Jm203321

Jm203321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Click on the link to answer: Will Sara ever be able to forgive and forget with Neal? #whitecollar

https://twitter.com/...160023772512256

Edited by Jm203321, 25 February 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#465 Tudor

Tudor

** C O L L A R S **

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Will Sara ever be able to forgive and forget with Neal? #whitecollar

https://twitter.com/...160023772512256

I hope Sara will forgive (and forget?) Neal in the future. I want to see Neal do something big to win her forgiveness (and faith in) for him. Then again, I also want to see Sara doing something for Neal to have him drop his guard and put his trust in her.

Looks like they didn't make her up as much this time...she has a softer look to her. Anyhow, I do like that little moment they had together...talking.

Edited by Tudor, 25 February 2012 - 02:31 AM.

ea4a0b2d-4221-4b62-bc95-3a189c9023f1_zps

white collar season 6

#466 krtxfan

krtxfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I am brief on time, so instead of the "Stealing Home" thread, I came in here to make my remarks....
(Tim did an Amazing job!!!!!) just had to say that, and for tonight i even enjoyed the Yankees :o

So many new fans for Neal/Sara, Welcome Everyone.............

Loved your take Pandandrum, ITA
Tudor, your such a romantic :wub: , I also want to see Sara give as much as she gets........
Duffy, I am always on page with you :)

Cathy, the "talk" even though offscreen, will hopeful be a "huge' step forward for them?

I really enjoyed so many comments & viewpoints, and when I have more time ???
I will expand...

I hope tonight is all & more then we wish it to be, and that Sara comes through
for Neal, maybe a quick kiss, and a pass of the hand?? JMO

#467 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,617 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I am brief on time, so instead of the "Stealing Home" thread, I came in here to make my remarks....
(Tim did an Amazing job!!!!!) just had to say that, and for tonight i even enjoyed the Yankees :o

So many new fans for Neal/Sara, Welcome Everyone.............

Loved your take Pandandrum, ITA
Tudor, your such a romantic :wub: , I also want to see Sara give as much as she gets........
Duffy, I am always on page with you :)

Cathy, the "talk" even though offscreen, will hopeful be a "huge' step forward for them?

I really enjoyed so many comments & viewpoints, and when I have more time ???
I will expand...

I hope tonight is all & more then we wish it to be, and that Sara comes through
for Neal, maybe a quick kiss, and a pass of the hand?? JMO

I''m scared to death of what is going to happen. People keep talking about believing he will be off anklet and I just feel that isn't going to happen, so something else will. I too hope Neal and Sara have a moment of some kind tonight, just to carry us Sara fans into S4.

#468 Pandandrum

Pandandrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I''m scared to death of what is going to happen. People keep talking about believing he will be off anklet and I just feel that isn't going to happen, so something else will. I too hope Neal and Sara have a moment of some kind tonight, just to carry us Sara fans into S4.

And oh boy, did they ever! Awesome!

If I wasn't on the Neal/Sara train before, I definitely would be after the finale! VERY pleased.
"It seems hope is right around the corner, but I've got some disorder that pushes straight instead. The worse the sin is, the more the consequences, the more I'm on a mission to tally-ho ahead." - Levi Weaver

#469 Jm203321

Jm203321

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

And oh boy, did they ever! Awesome!

If I wasn't on the Neal/Sara train before, I definitely would be after the finale! VERY pleased.

Indeed. We knew Sara&Neal are good together.

#470 WildHorseFantasy

WildHorseFantasy

quirky rebel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Okay. Sara was mostly great. I loved that they finally talked. But I don't care for her method of 'stalling'. I know she was on the spot. And it was an understandable thing to do. "Hah I can get the Raphael back!" I can see how she'd want the victory, just like Neal enjoys a thrilling con. But it nearly blew up in all their faces. <_< I'm sure he'd probably have given it back even if he hadn't been put under that pressure once he'd admitted having it.

I hope she doesn't give up on him when she finds he bolted.

wc-new-footer_zps7b3b24c6.png

#471 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

But I don't care for her method of 'stalling'. I know she was on the spot. And it was an understandable thing to do. "Hah I can get the Raphael back!" I can see how she'd want the victory, just like Neal enjoys a thrilling con. But it nearly blew up in all their faces. <_< I'm sure he'd probably have given it back even if he hadn't been put under that pressure once he'd admitted having it.

I hope she doesn't give up on him when she finds he bolted.

I don't think there was any other way for her to stall Kramer that time...given only seconds to think about it. Any other reason would just fall flat because the files on the Raphael case were being subpoena'd. And I don't think she was talking about the victory of getting it back. She was just excited that as an investigator who was looking for that piece for years, she got to reaffirm her confidence in her work considering how expensive that painting was and how it must have put a little hiccup on her credibility as in insurance investigator. Heck, she even kissed Neal on the lips because she was glad that at least she was on the right track. I doubt that it was out of smugness for the victory. She admitted herself she was really pissed off because of that Raphael. I get that to mean that it was a major blow for her as an investigator.

I also remember Neal saying that if he gets past that problem, he will repay what he owes the company. Sara's split second decision gave him that chance without "costing him a cent". They knew it was a tight squeeze pulling it off (the other option was worse because the FBI would have figured out where the painting was stashed) but then they weren't to blame for that. Kramer was to blame for pushing their backs against the wall. And Neal, well, he had to face that one. The time for the issue of the Raphael to get settled since Kramer was using the old Neal to pin him down. Something has to give.

Just my thoughts. :)

Oh by the way, I was so wrenched at the expression on Neal's face in the end. I can almost hear the conflicting thoughts inside his head. He was far from happy to be in that plane. Just when he got his life all figured out, how ironic that it was someone from the FBI that made him bolt. And he seems to be thinking if his friends would understand why he fled after hanging on a limb for him that time. The pain was so evident...even the confusion. Should he have fled? Should he have stayed? Will they understand him and forgive him? What's in store for him now?

Until now my head is reeling.

#472 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Indeed. We knew Sara&Neal are good together.

Someone reminded me that Sara saw the bogus passport of Neal. So she may be part of the effort to find him later on since she saw what name was used in the passport.

Fingers crossed.

I just loved how nonchalant Sara already was when Neal admitted that he stole the Raphael. Also, her all-out support to find a way to help him out on that day when things were happening so fast it was next to impossible to think straight. How I wish we knew what they talked about that night to bring this on.

Now I have also learned to appreciate more the way Sara was written when she first came in. The big change in her "bitchiness" to Neal only emphasizes more how things have really changed between them. She said it best during her part in the hearing. Neal has changed. That is why the old antagonistic Sara towards him has turned into someone who trusted and cared for him enough to put even her job on the line.

#473 Pandandrum

Pandandrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

I don't think there was any other way for her to stall Kramer that time...given only seconds to think about it. Any other reason would just fall flat because the files on the Raphael case were being subpoena'd. And I don't think she was talking about the victory of getting it back. She was just excited that as an investigator who was looking for that piece for years, she got to reaffirm her confidence in her work considering how expensive that painting was and how it must have put a little hiccup on her credibility as in insurance investigator. Heck, she even kissed Neal on the lips because she was glad that at least she was on the right track. I doubt that it was out of smugness for the victory. She admitted herself she was really pissed off because of that Raphael. I get that to mean that it was a major blow for her as an investigator.

I also remember Neal saying that if he gets past that problem, he will repay what he owes the company. Sara's split second decision gave him that chance without "costing him a cent". They knew it was a tight squeeze pulling it off (the other option was worse because the FBI would have figured out where the painting was stashed) but then they weren't to blame for that. Kramer was to blame for pushing their backs against the wall. And Neal, well, he had to face that one. The time for the issue of the Raphael to get settled since Kramer was using the old Neal to pin him down. Something has to give.

Just my thoughts. :)

Oh by the way, I was so wrenched at the expression on Neal's face in the end. I can almost hear the conflicting thoughts inside his head. He was far from happy to be in that plane. Just when he got his life all figured out, how ironic that it was someone from the FBI that made him bolt. And he seems to be thinking if his friends would understand why he fled after hanging on a limb for him that time. The pain was so evident...even the confusion. Should he have fled? Should he have stayed? Will they understand him and forgive him? What's in store for him now?

Until now my head is reeling.

Someone reminded me that Sara saw the bogus passport of Neal. So she may be part of the effort to find him later on since she saw what name was used in the passport.

Fingers crossed.

I just loved how nonchalant Sara already was when Neal admitted that he stole the Raphael. Also, her all-out support to find a way to help him out on that day when things were happening so fast it was next to impossible to think straight. How I wish we knew what they talked about that night to bring this on.

Now I have also learned to appreciate more the way Sara was written when she first came in. The big change in her "bitchiness" to Neal only emphasizes more how things have really changed between them. She said it best during her part in the hearing. Neal has changed. That is why the old antagonistic Sara towards him has turned into someone who trusted and cared for him enough to put even her job on the line.

Agreed on all points. If Neal hadn't managed to get his hands on the Raphael, then Sara would have lost her job and probably gone to prison herself if Kramer had his way. She put herself totally on the line to protect Neal, and she didn't have to.

I do wonder how that will go with the passport. I'm sure she remembers the name. Will Peter think to ask her? Will she give it up willingly? I wonder if she will have any qualms about divulging the name. I doubt she'd tell anyone but Peter, but even if Peter asks, she may be torn between what's the best thing to do for Neal?

#474 Craquelure

Craquelure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Agreed on all points. If Neal hadn't managed to get his hands on the Raphael, then Sara would have lost her job and probably gone to prison herself if Kramer had his way. She put herself totally on the line to protect Neal, and she didn't have to.

I do wonder how that will go with the passport. I'm sure she remembers the name. Will Peter think to ask her? Will she give it up willingly? I wonder if she will have any qualms about divulging the name. I doubt she'd tell anyone but Peter, but even if Peter asks, she may be torn between what's the best thing to do for Neal?

The passport issue hit me as soon as he took it out of the painting...I think it will play a major role and that is how Peter will find him eventually. I am a bit uneasy how the fake Raphael (if it is fake) will do to their new found relationship. I hope Sara will realize that Neal didn't lie and switched it out knowingly . I think Sara's job will be on the line when we return in season 4 (along with Peter's). They both verified the authentication and the retrieval of the painting. Sara was the one to convince her boss that it would be worth it since they would make $15 million but if it turns out to be fake, I guess she is the one who will owe the money. I think Sara and Neal have reached a great point in their relationship and hope that the trust will remain. He was so sincere in the last episode of season 3.

Edited by Craquelure, 01 March 2012 - 11:48 AM.

"Choices are sacrifices, and inevitably that means giving up something that you want for something that you want more." - Clinton Jones

"If you want a happy ending, it depends on where you stop the story." - Orson Wells

#475 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

The passport issue hit me as soon as he took it out of the painting...I think it will play a major role and that is how Peter will find him eventually. I am a bit uneasy how the fake Raphael (if it is fake) will do to their new found relationship. I hope Sara will realize that Neal didn't lie and switched it out knowingly . I think Sara's job will be on the line when we return in season 4 (along with Peter's). They both verified the authentication and the retrieval of the painting. Sara was the one to convince her boss that it would be worth it since they would make $15 million but if it turns out to be fake, I guess she is the one who will owe the money. I think Sara and Neal have reached a great point in their relationship and hope that the trust will remain. He was so sincere in the last episode of season 3.

I'm sorry but did I miss something? Was the Raphael fake? Posted Image

#476 Craquelure

Craquelure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

nina65, my bad. I was just putting my own thoughts into the storyline. The Raphael being fake is just my idea...not a spoiler but merely a perception or suggestion. Perhaps I should have put in it spoiler tag but I don't even know if it is what is going to happen. Sorry!

#477 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,230 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

Nina, you didn't miss anything. In Forging Bonds, when Neal found Kate (right before Peter and company barged in), Kate was standing in front of a copy she painted of the Raphael. Some of us theorize that maybe Kate pulled a switch.

nina65, my bad. I was just putting my own thoughts into the storyline. The Raphael being fake is just my idea...not a spoiler but merely a perception or suggestion. Perhaps I should have put in it spoiler tag but I don't even know if it is what is going to happen. Sorry!

Only 'real' spoilers need spoiler tags. If you have a theory based on what was already in an episode, you're free to post it anywhere.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#478 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,617 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Good, I'm not the only one confused by this. I don't remember anything even being suggested that the painting isn't the real thing. Where did this come from? It was in Ellen's hands for 6 years until Kate came, but even then Ellen didn't say Kate opened it, just said she wanted Neal to have it. Of course there's always a chance she did switch it out with her forgery, but I don't think Neal would know it had been or he wouldn't have put Sara into such a dangerous position.

Added: OK, I just read the above and realize it's to do with Forging Bonds. I'd forgotten about that.

Edited by Duffy, 03 March 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#479 Yara

Yara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

Ooh I'm loving all the theories!
I think that Rapheal is the real one.. atleast I hope so, I kinda want a "new thing" for Neal and Sara, and the Rapheal has been associated with them since day one. Also, i would hate it if Kate's name was tainted by something like this. I've never been a Kate fan (in fact I'd choose Alex over Kate any day), but I'd hate to think Neal's taste in women could be so wrong. BUT I can see how the search for the "real" Rapheal could be an exciting story now since Kate is dead, it would offer great possibilities...

The bogus passports however... are a very interesting "new thing" for these two...
I would also like to see Neal reaching out to Sara, the last three episodes have been SUCH great Neal and Sara epi's, but we've only seen Sara reaching out to Neal (asking for his help on a case, going to see him after finding out about his commutation hearing to have that wonderful talk (which i wanna know more about, pliiiizz!), and saving his ass by helping with that Raphael and even involving her boss).

I also hope they don't forward the story a few months, I REALLY hope they pick up where they left off..

"Smile! It's the second best thing you can do with your Lips."

#480 Craquelure

Craquelure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I would also like to see Neal reaching out to Sara, the last three episodes have been SUCH great Neal and Sara epi's, but we've only seen Sara reaching out to Neal (asking for his help on a case, going to see him after finding out about his commutation hearing to have that wonderful talk (which i wanna know more about, pliiiizz!), and saving his ass by helping with that Raphael and even involving her boss).

Yara, I agree with you on the fact that Sara has been the only one reaching out to Neal. For being the romantic they are portraying him to be, it's odd that he has not even tried to re-connect with Sara without having her initiate the contact. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that Sara was the one to call it quits and not Neal. They have both found a great ground to stand on together and I totally fell in love with them all over again in the last few episodes. :wub:

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved