• Please log in to reply
1050 replies to this topic

#421 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Well, I am sitting here with a smile on my face after having watched the episode over again. It was about time for some Sara and Neal time and boy did we get a lot of it. I just loved this episode and especially the interaction and lines between the both of them. Did you all hear the Repo comment?! I have been waiting for that one for a while and even if it didn't come from Neal, I still got a big smile on my face. I had to rewind it a few times just so that I could here Mozzie ask Neal: "So how are things going with little Ms. Repo?"

The episode was really awesome and I loved the acting.

Neal: We make a pretty good team
Sara: We do...on a case. Which is now closed.
Neal: Right, so you're no longer my boss.
Sara: Sadly (with a smile)
Neal: so I'll guess we just...
Sara: we'll be...friends...
Neal: friends?!..alright...
Neal: you know, friends go out occassionally
Sara: they do don't they....well maybe you should call me sometime

Ahhhh, gotta go wach it again :)

Awww...when and where will I ever get to watch this one???? Posted Image I hope I can watch it online one of these days...weeks...months...geez.

Thank you for the updates. Been reading some too in the episode discussion. I love that they are at it again, though treading ever so carefully.

#422 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

I kinda think that, hearing about Diana and Neal's conversation about something you think not possible ever happening (or something like that) may have also made Neal attempt to try again with Sara? I don't know. I just remembered one quote by Matt in an interview that Neal still needs to figure out a lot of things including the fact that here is one person (Sara) who could have been the person that he needs in his life but just could not make that commitment. When I heard about what Diana said about how she felt about the engagement, I suddenly remembered what Matt said in that interview.

Just hoping. Lol.

#423 krtxfan

krtxfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Welcome nina65 :) ***** are you able to download from the internet?

My job keeps me busy, and it can be days or weeks in between on the board,
saving the world from evildoers( right , Duffy):lol:

Anyway, it is nice to read that we have more Neal/Sara fans, and your very insightful in your opinion of how you see it :wub:

I loved the interaction between them, and as i said in the main thread, Sara's feelings for Neal were on
full display, and Bryan calling her on it, was Powerful ....JMO

Look forward to seeing much more from you: nina, and everyone else....... Duffy needs some help, keeping it on page 1
and I have failed in my duties @ times :rolleyes: , saving the world an all ;)
~~~~~~~~~ Inside joke between Duffy & I
I was stopped @ an International Airport a while back, because they thought I was a Spy,
trying to plot a takeover of ***********, my job is never boring, but a spy I am not :lol: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#424 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

My job keeps me busy, and it can be days or weeks in between on the board,
saving the world from evildoers( right , Duffy):lol:

Anyway, it is nice to read that we have more Neal/Sara fans, and your very insightful in your opinion of how you see it :wub:

I loved the interaction between them, and as i said in the main thread, Sara's feelings for Neal were on
full display, and Bryan calling her on it, was Powerful ....JMO

Look forward to seeing much more from you: nina, and everyone else....... Duffy needs some help, keeping it on page 1
and I have failed in my duties @ times :rolleyes: , saving the world an all ;)
~~~~~~~~~ Inside joke between Duffy & I
I was stopped @ an International Airport a while back, because they thought I was a Spy,
trying to plot a takeover of ***********, my job is never boring, but a spy I am not :lol: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, that's really interesting. Did they say why they stopped you? I'm afraid to fly again since all the weirdness that goes on when you try to. I haven't flown since 9/06/01 and have no idea how to pack now. I think there are more Sara fans out there now to help keep Sara & Neal and Sara up where we can recruit more fans for her. I'm looking forward to 2/21, but already worried about 2/28 and the long wait ahead.

#425 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm trying to be creative and resourceful... Posted Image

#426 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

It's beginning to look like this is the only thread we Sara fans can come without having our girl lambasted and skewered. Even her own site isn't safe anymore. Who cares if she's not perfect, we haven't really had that much contact with her. We like the actress and the back and forth with Neal. They treat her the same way they treated Kate and we knew even less about her. When I see certain posters and her name at the beginning of the post I go on to the next.
Spoiler

#427 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,010 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

It's beginning to look like this is the only thread we Sara fans can come without having our girl lambasted and skewered. Even her own site isn't safe anymore. Who cares if she's not perfect, we haven't really had that much contact with her. We like the actress and the back and forth with Neal. They treat her the same way they treated Kate and we knew even less about her. When I see certain posters and her name at the beginning of the post I go on to the next.

Spoiler

Go read the beginning of this thread and the other Sara thread and you'll see the character bashed and hated. Thankfully, those individuals haven't been seen here. The discussions on the character have not skewered or lambasted her. They are opposing viewpoints that have been expressed very courteously. Please don't think that those of us who are discussing the flaws of this character are skewering her.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#428 Craquelure

Craquelure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Go read the beginning of this thread and the other Sara thread and you'll see the character bashed and hated. Thankfully, those individuals haven't been seen here. The discussions on the character have not skewered or lambasted her. They are opposing viewpoints that have been expressed very courteously. Please don't think that those of us who are discussing the flaws of this character are skewering her.

Cathy's Opinion: I think you might have taken Duffy's post a bit too personal. We KNOW the difference of raising an opinion in contrast to someone skewering a character. Some do post pretty nasty things and it is avoidable. Then there are people such as yourself that can keep a discussion nice yet raise a difference of opinions. Too say that all posters do however, is very faulty in my honest opinion.

Duffy, I totally agree with you. This is the only forum I go to discuss and read about ONE of my favorite characters of WC (besides Caffrey & Repo). Some posts are just plain nasty and lacking in humility and respect. I, for one, welcome a difference of opinion - heck it was part of my major in college. I do have to say that I really enjoy your insight and posts about one of my favorite characters. Sara Ellis :)

ps. Is it just me or does it seem as if most Sara "fans" are a tad bit older than the non-fans? ds.

Edited by Craquelure, 10 February 2012 - 02:47 PM.

"Choices are sacrifices, and inevitably that means giving up something that you want for something that you want more." - Clinton Jones

"If you want a happy ending, it depends on where you stop the story." - Orson Wells

Neal: You know, friends go out occasionally
Sara: They do don't they...maybe you should give me a call sometime.

#429 Craquelure

Craquelure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sorry about the double post :s Can you download it from iTunes? I did the day after it aired and watch it on my iPhone. It's nice to know that I can bring my favorite show with me wherever I go (hmm, I am not obsessed, I am not obsessed, I am not obsessed :))

Edited by Craquelure, 10 February 2012 - 02:45 PM.

"Choices are sacrifices, and inevitably that means giving up something that you want for something that you want more." - Clinton Jones

"If you want a happy ending, it depends on where you stop the story." - Orson Wells

#430 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'm sorry Cathy you think I was being too hard, but I believe some of the posters have been very unfair and hard on not only Sara, but also Hilarie. It was definitely the same way with Kate. Some of them even said they hated her and were mean to the girl who protrayed her. There actually is not one member of the cast that I don't love and enjoy and that's why I can't understand why people are so mean to one single character. Sara is a character in a play, not someone who can change mentally or physically. I was upset with Mozzie, but I don't think I ever used the word hate and yet there were people who did. To me it just seems that it's an ongoing thing with certain people. Yes, you have a right to express your opinion, but don't you get tired sometimes of going after the same character every time she's in an episode.

#431 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm sorry Cathy you think I was being too hard, but I believe some of the posters have been very unfair and hard on not only Sara, but also Hilarie. It was definitely the same way with Kate. Some of them even said they hated her and were mean to the girl who protrayed her. There actually is not one member of the cast that I don't love and enjoy and that's why I can't understand why people are so mean to one single character. Sara is a character in a play, not someone who can change mentally or physically. I was upset with Mozzie, but I don't think I ever used the word hate and yet there were people who did. To me it just seems that it's an ongoing thing with certain people. Yes, you have a right to express your opinion, but don't you get tired sometimes of going after the same character every time she's in an episode.

I agree the actors and characters are completely separate, and there is no reason to attack an actor...especially since we don't 'know' them.

However, criticism of a character, or of the writer, or even of the acting ability of someone is not mean. It just depends on how you word it. Maybe you think I'm too mean? I have never said the horrible things that others have said about her. I've said I don't want to see her on the show, and that I don't like her. That's not...well, I admit it isn't nice, but it isn't bashing.

I think the current discussions have been interesting, and while it may hurt you to see the viewpoint I have, I have worked hard to make sure that people understand that I am not attacking them for liking Sara...and that I don't wish any harm on Sara.

Also, I have tried to point out that the flaws of her character aren't really 'her' fault, because a lot of the issues I have with her are how she's written. I apologize if my opinion offends you.

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#432 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

I agree the actors and characters are completely separate, and there is no reason to attack an actor...especially since we don't 'know' them.

However, criticism of a character, or of the writer, or even of the acting ability of someone is not mean. It just depends on how you word it. Maybe you think I'm too mean? I have never said the horrible things that others have said about her. I've said I don't want to see her on the show, and that I don't like her. That's not...well, I admit it isn't nice, but it isn't bashing.

I think the current discussions have been interesting, and while it may hurt you to see the viewpoint I have, I have worked hard to make sure that people understand that I am not attacking them for liking Sara...and that I don't wish any harm on Sara.

Also, I have tried to point out that the flaws of her character aren't really 'her' fault, because a lot of the issues I have with her are how she's written. I apologize if my opinion offends you.

I think my problem is I'm just tired of seeing it and it's always there. OK, I will accept opinion, but not hurtful. But my opinion is that's it's over done. I'm sorry if I seem over sensitive, but I had just gotten through the continuous complaints in the Pulling Strings Ejpisode thread.

#433 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think my problem is I'm just tired of seeing it and it's always there. OK, I will accept opinion, but not hurtful. But my opinion is that's it's over done. I'm sorry if I seem over sensitive, but I had just gotten through the continuous complaints in the Pulling Strings Ejpisode thread.

I know it's not easy to really love a character, and to have a lot of people dislike them. I know. I've been there. :) I've been involved in fandoms for over 17 years, so I get it.

If Sara could be written in a way that is consistent with the other characters of the show, I don't think she would have so many complaints. This fandom is very open about shipping Neal, and it's one of the easiest fandoms to get along in. So at least you're spared the worst of the rhetoric. But I think with a few exceptions, most people are friendly and polite in how they express their opinions.

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#434 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Cathy's Opinion: I think you might have taken Duffy's post a bit too personal. We KNOW the difference of raising an opinion in contrast to someone skewering a character. Some do post pretty nasty things and it is avoidable. Then there are people such as yourself that can keep a discussion nice yet raise a difference of opinions. Too say that all posters do however, is very faulty in my honest opinion.

Duffy, I totally agree with you. This is the only forum I go to discuss and read about ONE of my favorite characters of WC (besides Caffrey & Repo). Some posts are just plain nasty and lacking in humility and respect. I, for one, welcome a difference of opinion - heck it was part of my major in college. I do have to say that I really enjoy your insight and posts about one of my favorite characters. Sara Ellis :)

ps. Is it just me or does it seem as if most Sara "fans" are a tad bit older than the non-fans? ds.

Age wise I can't say, though I'm older and maybe I am a bit more romantic and enjoy seeing Neal with someone to love. I sometimes feel I'm the only woman out there who loves chick flicks. :D As I said elsewhere I had just come from another thread where post after post was about Sara and how much people do not like her. I put down the way I was feeling at the time. I hope I did not offend anyone though maybe people will stop and think a little more about what they're saying time after time.

#435 Matarreyes

Matarreyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

All this is getting metaphysical :). How about we dicuss the character and not the fandom hate of her? I was beyond thrilled to have her back, and full time. She is perfect for Neal on so many levels, I lose count. And... I will write more after I fix this damn "eybord" :(.

#436 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,010 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

It seems that when a poster that says something that isn't 'Pollyanna' themed about a character, then that character's supporters say that the honest, tactful opinions are bashing, hateful, demonizing the character, etc, and that poster is sort of made to feel unwelcome in that discussion, which is what I'm not a fan of. If a character gets bashed, I will call out that poster and then I get flamed by that poster and Ann backs me up (usually those posters don't stick around after that).

Now so far, the critiques of the Sara character have been done in an intelligent, respectful manner, and I'm afraid that those who are writing in this matter may take offense of their posts being called 'hateful'.

Duffy, I didn't want those who don't have the same views of Sara to feel that you are being hard. You know that I've gotten on posters who have been hateful to the Sara character and of Hilarie Burton herself. I will do the same with other characters. I even went and modified the first post of the Sara Ellis thread that I started to make it known what the purpose of the thread was. So far, these posters haven't come back. I was afraid that as soon as it was announced that Sara was back, they would come and I was practicing some responses to them.

(((((Duffy))))))

Edited by CathysOpinion, 10 February 2012 - 05:29 PM.

Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#437 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

For a change, I just want to post some scenes that make me remember why I like Sara. I know that she has been getting a lot of beating. Just some occasions when I really liked how she reacted to situations with Neal:

1. When she realized that they haven't really had a real date and mentions it just matter-of-factly. And then she was quick to say it was okay though and then proceeded to ask Neal again about his current case even if Neal was already clearly thinking about what she just said. She never pushed the subject.

2. When their date was interrupted by Peter who was going undercover, she took it in stride and even said, "Any man can cook me dinner but only you can draw a black widow in your closet." She even said best date ever.

3. That incident when she was asking about the truth on Alex. Neal gave her a short and straight answer. She then answered, "See that wasn't so difficult was it?" And then all is well.

4. After she saw Alex and Neal kissing. In the FBI office when he approached her and Alex, she gracefully left the two of them alone even if she was the one who got hurt in the earlier incident. And twice that night, she didn't grill Neal about the kiss and even told him when he said that he wasn't lying when he said he and Alex were over. In the office she just said she was a big girl and that they should just accept that she is who she is and he is who he is; and then later in the Burke house she said yes, he may have meant what he said that time he said it. Her kissing him after that and telling him he still owes her lunch is her way of saying things are okay.

5. Of course the break up scene. She was hurting but remained calm and even told him to please take care of himself.

She never asked for long explanations nor lingered to rub the issue in. Just straight answers and then everything is okay again. She never came across as a drama queen when it comes to the relationship. If she doesn't get an answer, then okay. She will just do what she thinks she needs to do. She never really guilt-tripped Neal on various occasions where she could have if she were really just a self-absorbed brazen bitch.

Posted Image

Edited by nina65, 11 February 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#438 nina65

nina65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

I sort of agree about the constant ire on the character, especially when passionate posts say she will be the reason why the show will go down the drain or that writers have probably gone bonkers...or comments that allude that the creator of the show simply likes Hilarie so she is there no matter how stupid the character has turned out to be. These hurt, yes, because it indirectly offends those who feel otherwise. As if their opinion is crap. I actually felt bad about Mozzie for constantly dragging Neal towards the dark side again, I even felt bad when he was belittling Neal's capacity to find a decent job in the beginning of the latest episode (that thing he said about hiring ex-cons) but I don't want to question the writers why they are depicting him as a friend who refuses to support what Neal wants to make of his life outside conning. I felt that the writers want him to provide the conflict in Neal to remain undecided. His characterization demanded that. There is always a reason, I keep telling myself. It is interesting though that despite what he told Neal, he is still loved. Yet have Sara say something of that sort and I'm pretty sure she will be called the meanest, bitchiest diva in town. Posted Image The irony though is that she is consistent in saying there is always a better option -- the one that eventually does good than harm for Neal.

I try to respect their opinion. We all have differences, thus the difference in interpretation. I agree some go to the extreme in pushing the issue. Some even become nasty and disrespectful. It is just too bad yet it's something we cannot control. We can only try to be as civil, patient and respectful.

I feel you, Duffy. We sometimes can only take so much. I just find consolation in the fact that at least she seems to be eliciting strong reactions from both ends of the spectrum. It means she is being felt, vis-a-vis a character who is just fleeting and never remembered or felt despite being in there. And when people talk about how they feel about this character, then the show benefits in more ways than one.

Edited by nina65, 11 February 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#439 Craquelure

Craquelure

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

I sort of agree about the constant ire on the character, especially when passionate posts say she will be the reason why the show will go down the drain or that writers have probably gone bonkers...or comments that allude that the creator of the show simply likes Hilarie so she is there no matter how stupid the character has turned out to be. These hurt, yes, because it indirectly offends those who feel otherwise. As if their opinion is crap. I actually felt bad about Mozzie for constantly dragging Neal towards the dark side again, I even felt bad when he was belittling Neal's capacity to find a decent job in the beginning of the latest episode (that thing he said about hiring ex-cons) but I don't want to question the writers why they are depicting him as a friend who refuses to support what Neal wants to make of his life outside conning. I felt that the writers want him to provide the conflict in Neal to remain undecided. His characterization demanded that. There is always a reason, I keep telling myself. It is interesting though that despite what he told Neal, he is still loved. Yet have Sara say something of that sort and I'm pretty sure she will be called the meanest, bitchiest diva in town. Posted Image The irony though is that she is consistent in saying there is always a better option -- the one that eventually does good than harm for Neal.

I try to respect their opinion. We all have differences, thus the difference in interpretation. I agree some go to the extreme in pushing the issue. Some even become nasty and disrespectful. It is just too bad yet it's something we cannot control. We can only try to be as civil, patient and respectful.

I feel you, Duffy. We sometimes can only take so much. I just find consolation in the fact that at least she seems to be eliciting strong reactions from both ends of the spectrum. It means she is being felt, vis-a-vis a character who is just fleeting and never remembered or felt despite being in there. And when people talk about how they feel about this character, then the show benefits in more ways than one.

This is a great example as to why I like to come into this specific thread and read everyone's posts. I am not as articulate as others may be and I can only concur. Thanks for a nice post nina65 :)

Edited by Craquelure, 11 February 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#440 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,010 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

In an interview, Hilarie described her character, Sara, as being a bitch. I don't think it's 'hateful' for someone to state an opinion that Sara is acting like one, especially when the actress who created her described her that way.

I've been posting here since the forum started and it's not uncommon for the female characters to get hit with the most criticisms. My issues with this is when the comments get vulgar and derogatory.
Cathy

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved