• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#1 Alexis626

Alexis626

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

Actress Hilarie Burton has been cast in a six-episode arc as Sara Ellis, an insurance investigator-slash-white collar bounty hunter.

"...Specifically, Burton has been cast in a six-episode arc as Sara Ellis, an insurance investigator-slash-white collar bounty hunter who has a bit of a score to settle with Neal. Yeah, it turns out that before he got thrown behind bars, Neal stymied her attempt to track down a stolen priceless painting perhaps having pinched it himself..."

Read more here...

I posted this on the WC News thread, but am giving us a place to discuss this new character in more detail. Six episode arc will give the writers plenty of time to stir all kinds of stuff up :lol:

#2 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,110 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

Great idea Alexis26!

This character sounds like fun. It reminds me of Renee Russo in the The Thomas Crown Affair. That turned out to be very entertaining.

Besides, anything that gets the focus off old plastic face Kate works for me. :P

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#3 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

Great idea Alexis26!

This character sounds like fun. It reminds me of Renee Russo in the The Thomas Crown Affair. That turned out to be very entertaining.

Besides, anything that gets the focus off old plastic face Kate works for me. :P

Ann, get out of my head! I was thinking the same thing! The relationship also reminds me of Isabella and Rusty in Oceans 12.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#4 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,110 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

Ann, get out of my head! I was thinking the same thing! The relationship also reminds me of Isabella and Rusty in Oceans 12.

Great minds think alike, my friend! :)

#5 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Great minds think alike, my friend! :)

Why thank you, my friend! :P
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#6 Alexis626

Alexis626

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

Why thank you, my friend! :P

I interrupt this smoochfest to say... :lol: j/k

Well I for one am not ready for Neal to settle down just yet, and have advocated for lots of flirting and witty banter in most of my posts :)

I do like Alex, am not sure what is going on with Kate, but Neal is just the man for the job if it involves keeping up with them and Sara too.

Edited by Alexis626, 27 May 2010 - 03:10 PM.

#7 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

I am not especially thrilled at the idea of a romantic relationship for Neal at this point. Not because I begrudge the main hottie of the show a happy ending, but because it feels waaaay too soon after Kate for him to become romantic with anyone.

I guess we'll have to see how the writers go with the story, and how well the actress does. Just because she's supposed to be in six episodes doesn't necessarily mean she will be. Things get changed all the time in shows. :-D

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#8 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

I am not especially thrilled at the idea of a romantic relationship for Neal at this point. Not because I begrudge the main hottie of the show a happy ending, but because it feels waaaay too soon after Kate for him to become romantic with anyone.

I guess we'll have to see how the writers go with the story, and how well the actress does. Just because she's supposed to be in six episodes doesn't necessarily mean she will be. Things get changed all the time in shows. :-D

True, the Lauren Cruz character was supposed to be part of the main cast, and she was in probably half the episodes.
Cathy

#9 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

I interrupt this smoochfest to say... :lol: j/k

Well I for one am not ready for Neal to settle down just yet, and have advocated for lots of flirting and witty banter in most of my posts :)

I do like Alex, am not sure what is going on with Kate, but Neal is just the man for the job if it involves keeping up with them and Sara too.

I'm not ready for Neal to settle down either. I like Neal the flirt. I do want him to have romantic interests.

I'd love to see Alex's reaction to a Neal/Sara relationship. Alex did infer in the last episode that she wants to leave the door open between her and Neal. Maybe an episode where Alex 'sets' up Sara and Neal and Peter end up coming to her rescue.
Cathy

#10 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,110 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

BUMP

I'm just doing a little forum housekeeping here folks........

..........bumping up threads we'll need for tomorrow night.

#11 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,618 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

I'm definitely hoping we need this one tonight. :rolleyes:

#12 debmart

debmart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hillarie's interview with StarryMag.
http://starrymag.com...GORY=INTERVIEWS
Posted Image

#13 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

:lol: I really like this Sara...
Posted Image

#14 Groovy82

Groovy82

You are so.....loved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

I think sara is starting to grow on me, I"m starting to like her. If her and NEal start something I hope they start it out slowley and not rush it, I hate when they rush things like that.

#15 Terri88

Terri88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

I am so so glad Sara showed a softer, nicer side in this episode! I can see why Neal would be attracted to her now...she was just nasty in the other 2 episodes. Plus, it was great to see how much she was enjoying the con and being part of the crew.

#16 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

I have liked Sara a lot more ever since I read this one interview Hilarie did recently. She talked about why Sara acted the way she did, and I was happy to see that her brittle, self-absorbed (and frankly bratty) demeanor was intentional, and also that it was just the surface. Sort of a defense mechanism, not the real Sara. And nice to read that we would be getting to know the real, and hopefully nicer, person underneath through this season.

And I liked that she softened up in this latest ep. BTW, Peter's look of confusion at a few of Sara's coments was funny - "Nice to see you fully clothed" and "Tell Junior (err... something I can't remember)".

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#17 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,618 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

I have liked Sara a lot more ever since I read this one interview Hilarie did recently. She talked about why Sara acted the way she did, and I was happy to see that her brittle, self-absorbed (and frankly bratty) demeanor was intentional, and also that it was just the surface. Sort of a defense mechanism, not the real Sara. And nice to read that we would be getting to know the real, and hopefully nicer, person underneath through this season.

And I liked that she softened up in this latest ep. BTW, Peter's look of confusion at a few of Sara's coments was funny - "Nice to see you fully clothed" and "Tell Junior (err... something I can't remember)".

I think it was "tell Junior I'll send him a postcard". Loved she referred to him as Junior in front of Peter. I guess she's going off to Argentina for awhile. Hope not a long time, although that promo scene may be pretty far in the future. Oh boy, over too soon.

#18 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,110 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

I think it was "tell Junior I'll send him a postcard". Loved she referred to him as Junior in front of Peter. I guess she's going off to Argentina for awhile. Hope not a long time, although that promo scene may be pretty far in the future. Oh boy, over too soon.

I thought we'd see that scene in the promo tonight because one of the reviews said this was her last "credited" appearance. That has to be wrong because there's no way Hilarie Burton shouldn't get "credited" for that scene with Neal. ;)

ETA: Now I'm glad we didn't see that scene. It might have just put me over the edge. The excitement of having White Collar back with such a great episode was enough for one night. :rolleyes:

Edited by LI_Ann, 19 January 2011 - 12:46 AM.

#19 elledeegee

elledeegee

White Collarus Fan Fictionus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:16 AM

There was the "Thanks for the shotgun wedding" comment she made.
She really made Peter look at Neal oddly throughout. ;)

Oh yeah and the "wonderboy" comment. He said something like "You're getting your superheroes mixed up" ;)
Posted Image

Neal: I want to buy a bakery.
Mozz: I like donuts.
Neal: Hot and fresh, just the way momma made them.
Mozz: Bear claws?
Neal: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Mozz: Mmmmm...
Neal: Right here.

#20 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

...not too little...

...not too much....

...just right!

Loved it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved