1314 replies to this topic

#201 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:16 PM

Hi Bubba here, bump back to the first page.

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

"Forum Resident" and "Forum Watchdog"

#202 cluck73

cluck73

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

I have some questions about the epi "Semi-detached". I've seen the epi so many times, but I still wonder about:
HOw much of Bobby's flirting with the nurse is detective work and how much is real? It seems he really had an interest in her, but at the same time, uses that to get evidence against her.
Also, at the end of the epi when he shows up at her ex-husband's apartment, did Eames know he was doing that or is she really suprised to find him there?
Bobby's loneliness is evident and that he wants to be in a relationship, but he can do better than a psychotic murderer!
__ ------ ----

#203 Jryan

Jryan

• Members
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

I have some questions about the epi "Semi-detached". I've seen the epi so many times, but I still wonder about:
HOw much of Bobby's flirting with the nurse is detective work and how much is real? It seems he really had an interest in her, but at the same time, uses that to get evidence against her.
Also, at the end of the epi when he shows up at her ex-husband's apartment, did Eames know he was doing that or is she really suprised to find him there?
Bobby's loneliness is evident and that he wants to be in a relationship, but he can do better than a psychotic murderer!

At the end, Eames Knew, it was planned. I think maybe Goren was touched by how caring she was,but he knew she was a murderer, and didn't let it get in the way of catching a killer. Also, I think in away Nelda was mentally ill herself, and Goren probably knew that, and felt sorry for her.

True CI Fans support the Whole show Not Just Half the show.

Jryan's (Illustrious Potentate) Men
QUOTE (Lozzie @ Dec 4 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jryan- you are a GENIUS!!

QUOTE (tornheartworld @ Aug 25 2008, 4:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jryan-
You are GENIUS, and AWSOME, and you do bring me hope.

#204 cluck73

cluck73

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

THats what I thought too, but then why does he give her his badge pin?
__ ------ ----

#205 krodgers

krodgers

• Moderators
  • 15,859 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:01 PM

Maybe to gain her trust.

Posted Image Krod, LOCI Moderator

#206 Jryan

Jryan

• Members
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

Like Eames said, He was playing her.

Jryan-

#207 gorens_veal

gorens_veal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

Like Eames said, He was playing her.

I love this episode. It really revealed a lot about Goren. I do think he crossed the line. The look on his face after he turns off the tape recorder on the pay phone was like "Gotcha".

But also the look on his face when she helped him with his jacket said a lot too.

I always tell my husband when watching this episode that Bobby is so mean to Nelda. He just tells me that she is a psycho killer. Oh.

I think that Bobby knew what he was doing at the apartment alone with Nelda but did not tell Eames he was going ahead just to get that initial shocked reaction out of Eames. They both knew that Nelda was trying to divide them. I think that Eames would then have trusted Bobby enough to know that he knew what he was doing. She knew he crossed the line too.

Edited by HelloBobby, 02 October 2007 - 06:23 PM.

#208 JanxAngel

JanxAngel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:08 PM

I was watching it yesterday. I went to the store afterwards and was thinking about this part:

"I know you care! I saw it!"
"You weren't meant to."

It suddenly came to me. Bobby has a White Knight complex. He respects strong women, but when he sees vulnerable ones, he has to go to the rescue. It's not that he has romantic interests, just that he wants to care for and protect them. It's been shown that when faced with a woman who's been wronged, neglected, or abused that he gets a bit of tunnel vision against the perceived wrongdoer rather than remaining open to all possibilities.

He knew that he had to get to Nelda, but at the same time he had to fight his desire to reach out and take care of her. Another little girl lost to watch out for that in the end he couldn't save.
How to upload an avatar. How to put pictures in your sig. Links to YouTube.
Click here if you want to get Superior Browser Firefox!

I'm ticking for the Dethklok. The Metalocalypse has begun.

#209 Jryan

Jryan

• Members
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:26 PM

I was watching it yesterday. I went to the store afterwards and was thinking about this part:

"You weren't meant to."

It suddenly came to me. Bobby has a White Knight complex. He respects strong women, but when he sees vulnerable ones, he has to go to the rescue. It's not that he has romantic interests, just that he wants to care for and protect them. It's been shown that when faced with a woman who's been wronged, neglected, or abused that he gets a bit of tunnel vision against the perceived wrongdoer rather than remaining open to all possibilities.

He knew that he had to get to Nelda, but at the same time he had to fight his desire to reach out and take care of her. Another little girl lost to watch out for that in the end he couldn't save.

I don't know, she was a vendictive woman, who used a radio show to keep her claws in a husband who divorced her, then when the station cut off her calls, ( by no fault of his, cause his station manager made them screen his calls) took advantage of his depression, switched his meds until he commitedsuicide. I can't see Bobby feeling sorry for Nelda, I think when he said, I didn't mean for you to see it, he meant she was seeing something that wasn't there, and maybe he saw something in her, that could have been, but Nelda had a very dark side. Nelda would have killed Bobby, if he would have come between her and her hubby.

Edited by Jryan, 02 October 2007 - 06:27 PM.

Jryan-

#210 cluck73

cluck73

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

"You weren't meant to."

I think you have a good point. I always thought that he was so lonely that he would love to have a girl like Nelda who would be devoted to him, but not actual Nelda because she's a murderer and has a personality disorder. Its like he's torn in the epi because he has to gather evidence against her, but feels guilty because he likes her/feels bad for her.
__ ------ ----

#211 JanxAngel

JanxAngel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

I don't know, she was a vendictive woman, who used a radio show to keep her claws in a husband who divorced her, then when the station cut off her calls, ( by no fault of his, cause his station manager made them screen his calls) took advantage of his depression, switched his meds until he commited suicide. I can't see Bobby feeling sorry for Nelda, I think when he said, I didn't mean for you to see it, he meant she was seeing something that wasn't there, and maybe he saw something in her, that could have been, but Nelda had a very dark side. Nelda would have killed Bobby, if he would have come between her and her hubby.

She wasn't vindictive. She was severely co-dependent. It was stated that her husband was the glue that was holding her together. If she felt that he was getting between her and her husband, without becoming a replacement for him, she would do whatever it took to stay with him. But it seemed like she was looking to attach to Bobby too. She gave him a gift of her devotion even. It doesn't matter who she's attached to as long as she has someone.

I'm sure he felt sorry for her. Eames trusts Goren, but she also worries about him too. She knows he lets things and people get too close sometimes. She also knows that it's part of his nature and not something he's always conscious of doing.

Nelda wasn't dark. She was disturbed and sick. If she was dark she would have acknowledged that what she did was an evil act, but she didn't think of it that way. She thought it was a sign of her deep devotion.
How to upload an avatar. How to put pictures in your sig. Links to YouTube.
Click here if you want to get Superior Browser Firefox!

I'm ticking for the Dethklok. The Metalocalypse has begun.

#212 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:08 AM

Hi Bubba here, bumped back to the first page. :)

My Website: Monk Information Page (Bridges to Monk) My Favorite Radio Station: Smooth Jazz 98.9

#213 ciangel

ciangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:14 PM

Maybe to gain her trust.

I am new to this forum and I love it.
I have to agree that Bobby was playing her, but at the same time did care for her, but He knew He couldn't cross the line.

#214 ValleyOfTheShadow

ValleyOfTheShadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:39 PM

Hey, i'm a long time Law and Order SVU fan and i've just gotten into Criminal Intent.

I just needed to know a few episodes.

1. The one where Eames testifies on behalf of Goren for something rather.

and

2. Eames is in the hospital.

if anyone knows which episode or which season these episodes belong too that would be great...thanks.

#215 DefenderOfMen

DefenderOfMen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:47 PM

I know for a fact that the episode in which Eames is in the hospital is Season 6 opener "Blind Spot".

I think the episode you are referiring to in which Eames testifies about Bobby is "In the Wee Hours part 2" from season 5. If you are thinking of Eames saying something about she thinks he is a good investigator with an aquired taste, then that is it.

So glad you hav gotten into CI as well as SVU! Welcome to the Boards!

Edited by DefenderOfMen, 07 October 2007 - 02:47 PM.

I miss Mikey...but Nichols is growing on me.
USS Switzerland- First Mate
"Loganites & Pillow Fights"

#216 Bubba_Bridges

Bubba_Bridges

"Executive Assistant"

• Members
  • 34,456 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:56 PM

Hi Bubba here, bump.

#217 waldkind

waldkind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:39 AM

somebody asked about the "Hey, look at me" yelling - it was in No Exit (I think), I mean the episode with the suicide website. He yells at the killer in the end.

I have a question: I am pretty sure that there is a scene where Bobby reads a romantic poem to a suspect, and after one line he looks at Alex. I have no idea which season or what else was in that epi, but I checked "The saint" and it wasn't in this one. Does anyone remember?? Please??

#218 Jryan

Jryan

• Members
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

somebody asked about the "Hey, look at me" yelling - it was in No Exit (I think), I mean the episode with the suicide website. He yells at the killer in the end.

I have a question: I am pretty sure that there is a scene where Bobby reads a romantic poem to a suspect, and after one line he looks at Alex. I have no idea which season or what else was in that epi, but I checked "The saint" and it wasn't in this one. Does anyone remember?? Please??

Are you sure, It isn't the Saint, when he reads the poem about mother with hands pale and perfect. Thats the only one I remember. The only other poem I remember is from the unblinking eye, but he didn't read that one, just said it was his dad's favorite.

Jryan-

#219 waldkind

waldkind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

Are you sure, It isn't the Saint, when he reads the poem about mother with hands pale and perfect. Thats the only one I remember. The only other poem I remember is from the unblinking eye, but he didn't read that one, just said it was his dad's favorite.

No... maybe it was a letter, it was something about beautiful or important and Goren looks at Eames after that.

I've got another question: this must be in season 1 I think, Alex asks about how Bobby's date was and he said that they broke up because he had to cancel too many dates. I think it was a Denise?

#220 Liz99

Liz99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

I missed some episodes over the past two years and wanted some help regarding one incident on the show. Characters in different episodes refer to Logan shooting a cop but I don't remember this happening.

Can anyone tell me which episode and series where this occurs and what the circumstances of the shooting were (justified, unjustified, Logan suspended, etc.)? He obviously was cleared or he wouldn't still be in Major Case. So, I'm assuming the cop he shot ended up being the villain of the episode and it was done to protect a life or in self-defense.

Thanks in advance for any info!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved