• 4,772 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Here we go... for those who don't follow LJ :D

SUFFER THE CHILDREN CHALLENGE - DAY 1

Title: The Stream of Warm Impermanence
Rating: PG-13
Characters/Pairings: Preteen!Neal, Peter, El, Moz
Spoilers: None
Content Notice: De-aging; violence against a child, but nothing you wouldn't see on TV
Word Count: 15,200
Summary: Neal Burke is 11 and the most popular boy in school. His dad Peter is a badass FBI agent, his mom Elizabeth makes the best chocolate chip cookies, and his Uncle Mozzie shows him how to pick locks when his parents aren't looking. His life is great. Except that lately, Neal has been having these strange dreams – dreams of another life and another Neal. What if they're true?

FIC HERE

EDIT: Just finished reading it *iz ded* OMG, I'm gonna need at least an hour to collect myself off the floor :P What a perfect start, this story is simply amazing and definitely not the usual de-aged!Neal plot I've read a few times, it's full of awwwwwwwww moments and has just the right amount of angst and there's really almost no violence in it, just a bit at the end but nothing graphic, so it's perfectly safe for everyone to read... and it's really a must-read!!!

Edited by kanarek13, 12 March 2012 - 10:47 AM.

kisses.png

#2002 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Content Notice: De-aging; violence against a child, but nothing you wouldn't see on TV
Summary: Neal Burke is 11 and the most popular boy in school. His dad Peter is a badass FBI agent, his mom Elizabeth makes the best chocolate chip cookies, and his Uncle Mozzie shows him how to pick locks when his parents aren't looking. His life is great. Except that lately, Neal has been having these strange dreams – dreams of another life and another Neal. What if they're true?

Fic here...

EDIT: Just finished reading it *iz ded* OMG, I'm gonna need at least an hour to collect myself off the floor :P What a perfect start, this story is simply amazing and definitely not the usual de-aged!Neal plot I've read a few times, it's full of awwwwwwwww moments and has just the right amount of angst and there's really almost no violence in it, just a bit at the end but nothing graphic, so it's perfectly safe for everyone to read... and it's really a must-read!!!

Link didn't work for me?

#2003 kanarek13

kanarek13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Link didn't work for me?

hmmm... and sigh... edited the link, should work now... I checked :D

kisses.png

#2004 Kim1982

Kim1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

For those interested - chapter 6 of The Great Race is up: http://dmk0064.livej....com/29772.html

I need to get caught up on this. I loved the first couple of chapters. Do you have an idea of how many chapters it will be?

Edited by Kim1982, 12 March 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#2005 Kim1982

Kim1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

http://www.fanfictio...t/s/7622408/29/ Phoenix Cry's the Eye of Sita not sure if anyone is following this story its a long one she's up to chapter 29. I am really enjoying it a case fic I think you call it and everyone in character.

Beaches very sad but as you say well written I don't think that I can take four months of stories like this...Another great chapter of The Great Race.

I want to get caught up on Eye of Sita too. I was actually thinking on reading that one tonight. I read the first two chapters. I don't see it listed on the main page on FF.net though. I guess she is just sending it out through story alerts?

Edited by Kim1982, 12 March 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#2006 Kim1982

Kim1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

I don't get a chance to frequent this thread as often as I'd like, so if someone already recommended this story, forgive the repeat: http://alex51324.liv...com/206535.html

The author has created a fantastic AU, with all our beloved characters. Collared is the first segment, followed by Framed and several shorter chapters. Let me warn you, the stories are engrossing, thought-provoking and emotionally painful. I'm hooked ...

I read both of those. I loved the first one, Collared. The second one was good too but I preferred the first verse. But yeah it is not everyone's type of story.

She has another story too that is good. It is set in that verse but there is nothing in it that should bother people. It is domestic/family story. Neal wants to paint Elizabeth a picture for her birthday.

http://alex51324.liv...112.html#cutid1

There was another slave AU that I came across one time when someone was looking for it on White Collar story finder on LJ that was really good. It is called Intractable. It is not everyone's type of story either but it is such a beautiful story. There is nothing overly dark or violent in it. Everyone was so in character and it was so much like cannon. It is more a story of friendship. I just loved the ending with Peter and Neal.

http://collarkink.li...?thread=2227068
Author’s Note: As far as warnings go, this story does, of course, concern slavery. There is also some degree of humiliation and physical pain, but nothing too severe and nothing very dark at all. I hope you enjoy it.

It is from the Kink Meme and it is long about 40 chapters.

#2007 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

I need to get caught up on this. I loved the first couple of chapters. Do you have an idea of how many chapters it will be?

My thoughts right now are about 10 chapters. So we are more than half way through. I am hoping to post the next chapter (7) tomorrow night. Then I will take a day or so break to finish off my young Neal challenge for the fest then I am back at it.

#2008 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

FIC HERE

I agree, a must read!! It was great!

final+glimpse+copy-001.jpg

#2009 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

A little angst, a car chase and a little hurt. Good Peter/Neal banter.

http://frith-in-thor....com/47213.html

#2010 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

1331602966[/url]' post='1545604']

Good stuff!

#2011 fab50s

fab50s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

Thanks Pokey enjoyed that one

#2012 shakespeareskate

shakespeareskate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

I know a lot of you aren't exactly AU fans, but come on, it's a western...:D

Down to the Green

Rating: PG-13 (violence)

Summary: Peter Burke, of the Pinkerton Detective Agency, is finally in town to put a stop to a string of train robberies – with the help of Neal Caffrey, former outlaw, confidence man, and gambler extraordinaire.

#2013 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

I want to get caught up on Eye of Sita too. I was actually thinking on reading that one tonight. I read the first two chapters. I don't see it listed on the main page on FF.net though. I guess she is just sending it out through story alerts?

Eye of Sita is pretty good. There is a bit of slightly heavy stuff in the middle - off screen, but a bit disturbing (at least for me and my very sensitive heart regarding everything WC). Should be fine for everyone. Just be warned.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#2014 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Eye of Sita is pretty good. There is a bit of slightly heavy stuff in the middle - off screen, but a bit disturbing (at least for me and my very sensitive heart regarding everything WC). Should be fine for everyone. Just be warned.

IS there a link and how long is it? While I love to read long stories, I kind of drift away when they are not updated fast enough (nothing against the author, I have done this too as a writer).

#2015 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

IS there a link and how long is it? While I love to read long stories, I kind of drift away when they are not updated fast enough (nothing against the author, I have done this too as a writer).

http://www.fanfictio...The_Eye_of_Sita

It's 29 chapters from now. We're probably more than half way through, but I guess we'll have still a few chapters to go.

Edited by Aragarna, 13 March 2012 - 11:10 AM.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#2016 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

FIC HERE

Oh my.... that was wonderful!! A really different take on the deaging story. Of course, by the wonderful Rabidchild. I swear I am tempted to get a LJ account just so I can comment on all these wonderful fics!

I read both of those. I loved the first one, Collared. The second one was good too but I preferred the first verse. But yeah it is not everyone's type of story.

She has another story too that is good. It is set in that verse but there is nothing in it that should bother people. It is domestic/family story. Neal wants to paint Elizabeth a picture for her birthday.

http://alex51324.liv...112.html#cutid1

There was another slave AU that I came across one time when someone was looking for it on White Collar story finder on LJ that was really good. It is called Intractable. It is not everyone's type of story either but it is such a beautiful story. There is nothing overly dark or violent in it. Everyone was so in character and it was so much like cannon. It is more a story of friendship. I just loved the ending with Peter and Neal.

http://collarkink.li...?thread=2227068
Author's Note: As far as warnings go, this story does, of course, concern slavery. There is also some degree of humiliation and physical pain, but nothing too severe and nothing very dark at all. I hope you enjoy it.

It is from the Kink Meme and it is long about 40 chapters.

I have officially read too many WC slave AUs. (Yes, have read all of the above.) I had a nightmare last night about Peter punishing Neal "lightly" or so he thought except it wasn't. I won't go into graphic detail... unlike my stupid dream. *tries to scrub out images in my brain*

Yes, yes, this was excellent. Frith in thorns has written a lot of great stuff lately. Anyone who hasn't tried her fic should check her out. I think she writes all or mostly gen.

I was browsing through China Shop's recs (http://china-shop.li...586.html#cutid1) and came across this one. It's a short & very funny little fic. Gen. Neal & a ferret! :lol:

Monsieur Vol Du Furet

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#2017 WCFan

WCFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yes, yes, this was excellent. Frith in thorns has written a lot of great stuff lately. Anyone who hasn't tried her fic should check her out. I think she writes all or mostly gen.

I was browsing through China Shop's recs (http://china-shop.li...586.html#cutid1) and came across this one. It's a short & very funny little fic. Gen. Neal & a ferret! :lol:

Monsieur Vol Du Furet

Oh I loved the ferret one! It was cute.

#2018 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I agree. Very cute

#2019 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

I agree. Very cute

I loved the name of Neal's ferret and of course the idea of a little sign on his cage "F.B.I." :lol: :lol: :lol: A little fic that filled me with glee!

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#2020 Sedona

Sedona

Peter Burke Appreciation Society

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

I know a lot of you aren't exactly AU fans, but come on, it's a western...:D

Down to the Green

Rating: PG-13 (violence)

Summary: Peter Burke, of the Pinkerton Detective Agency, is finally in town to put a stop to a string of train robberies – with the help of Neal Caffrey, former outlaw, confidence man, and gambler extraordinaire.

Oh, I really liked this! I like westerns in general but the guys fit in surprisingly well on the frontier. Thanks for the link!
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved