461 replies to this topic

#1 Kireijo

Kireijo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

I had an idea, and that's always scary.

In Mr. Yin Presents, Shawn gave one true fact about Alfred Hitchcock - that he appeared in all of his films. And then he offered a completely untrue piece of trivia about Alfred - that he was obsessed with womens' Japanese household slippers and wore them all the time. He's done this in other episodes too, like saying that that bridge in Vancouver was built by wolves. ^_^ So I think this could make a fun game. Hopefully others will agree. Here's how it will work.

The first person offers up one TRUE piece of trivia. For example:

DID YOU KNOW that ‘Jay’ used to be slang for ‘foolish person.’ So when a pedestrian ignored street signs, he was referred to as a ‘jaywalker.’?

The next person will come up with one UNTRUE piece of trivia related to the first person's bit. For example:

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT Jaywalking was considered an extreme sport in Japan until the champion was tragically hit and killed by a Subaru in downtown Tokyo?

Then that person will also give out the next bit of TRUE trivia...

Is this wierd? Yes, probably. But it could be fun. It could be awesome! It's worth a try anyway. Who's with me?

I'll start:
DID YOU KNOW that James Roday was chosen as one of People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful People in May 2007?
Eat. Sleep. Psych.

Official PineappleCarver of the CMP2

#2 FanDelFlavor

FanDelFlavor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

Sounds like a fun game to me! Then again, I am easily amused LOL- just kidding.

DID YOU KNOW that James Roday was chosen as one of People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful People in May 2007?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT the Psych pineapple made People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful Fruits special issue in October 2009?

DID YOU KNOW THAT Jimmi Simpson (who played Mary in the Yin/Yang episodes) also appeared on My Name is Earl?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lassiter: "We found prints-"
Shawn: "Was he in a "Little Red Corvette"?"
Gus: "Or "Under the Cherry Moon"?"
Lassiter: "We found finger-prints!"

Gus: "Are you crazy?"
Shawn: "I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans."

Juliet: "Detective Lassiter is literally on fire today."
Shawn: "Literally on fire" as in Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercial, or as in a misuse of the word "literally?"

#3 fist

fist

Say Major General!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

Sounds like a fun game to me! Then again, I am easily amused LOL- just kidding.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT the Psych pineapple made People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful Fruits special issue in October 2009?

DID YOU KNOW THAT Jimmi Simpson (who played Mary in the Yin/Yang episodes) also appeared on My Name is Earl?

Dude this sounds like an awesome game! XD

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT Jimmi Simpson mastered the art of creating paper unicorns?(firs thing that came to my mind!)

DID YOU KNOW THAT when you hold a seashell up to your head, what your really hearing is the sound of your own blood flowing through your head?

#4 Kireijo

Kireijo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

DID YOU KNOW THAT when you hold a seashell up to your head, what your really hearing is the sound of your own blood flowing through your head?

^_^

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that if you reach inside of a seashell you can feel the teeth of the creature living inside of it? And he just might bite you? (okay my brothers used to scare me with that one when I was a kid)

DID YOU KNOW THAT Yin and Yang are used as place names in China? "Yang" means that a place is on the south slope of a mountain or on the north side of a river and "Yin" means that a place is on the north slope of a mountain or on the south side of a river.
Eat. Sleep. Psych.

#5 Aurelia23

Aurelia23

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

DID YOU KNOW THAT Yin and Yang are used as place names in China? "Yang" means that a place is on the south slope of a mountain or on the north side of a river and "Yin" means that a place is on the north slope of a mountain or on the south side of a river.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT the Yin Yang icon is considered the universal symbol for bipolar disorder

DID YOU KNOW THAT Half the foods eaten throughout the world today were developed by farmers in the Andes Mountains. Potatoes, maize, squash, beans, peanuts, pineapples, chocolate, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, and many others were first grown in the region.

#6 Kireijo

Kireijo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT the Yin Yang icon is considered the universal symbol for bipolar disorder

DID YOU KNOW THAT Half the foods eaten throughout the world today were developed by farmers in the Andes Mountains. Potatoes, maize, squash, beans, peanuts, pineapples, chocolate, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, and many others were first grown in the region.

Wait, I think your untrue YinYang trivia is actually true! You just blew my mind. ^_^

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the the other half of the foods eaten throughout the world today were genetically engineered by aliens that the US government currently has quarentined in Area 52(right next door to 51)? These included tofu, mangoes, kohlrabi, okra, quinoa, star fruit, buckwheat, and this thing...
Posted Image

DID YOU KNOW that in the movie The Breakfast Club (1985) the dandruff that Allison shakes onto her penciled drawing for snow was achieved by sprinkling Parmesan cheese.

Edited by Kireijo, 20 March 2010 - 02:32 PM.

Eat. Sleep. Psych.

#7 Aurelia23

Aurelia23

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

Wait, I think your untrue YinYang trivia is actually true! You just blew my mind. ^_^

Is it really?? That's weird, I gues knowing the true menaning behind the symbol and how it was actually created I thought that this was compleltely way off, but oh well I guess you learn something new every day!
Sorry, don't have anythig for your new 'did you know' yet, but I love the picture of the wierd fruit...do you know what it is?

#8 fist

fist

Say Major General!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the the other half of the foods eaten throughout the world today were genetically engineered by aliens that the US government currently has quarentined in Area 52(right next door to 51)? These included tofu, mangoes, kohlrabi, okra, quinoa, star fruit, buckwheat, and this thing...
Posted Image

DID YOU KNOW that in the movie The Breakfast Club (1985) the dandruff that Allison shakes onto her penciled drawing for snow was achieved by sprinkling Parmesan cheese.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that after filming the scene, they wiped it off the table and used it on spagetti?

DID YOU KNOW that the Guinness Book of Records was invented to settle an argument?

#9 pinkberryjetagirl

pinkberryjetagirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that after filming the scene, they wiped it off the table and used it on spagetti?

DID YOU KNOW that the Guinness Book of Records was invented to settle an argument?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the argument it was meant to settle was "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, will it make a sound?"

DID YOU KNOW that Sigmund Freud theorized that there are no accidents, instead the subconscience controls the actions of which we are not consciously aware we desired to take place.

(I always wondered what Lassie would say about that in relations to the "Nice shooting, detective." comment! Which is why i say that :rolleyes: )

Edited by pinkberryjetagirl, 20 March 2010 - 10:33 PM.

Outside, by your doorstep, in a worn out suit and tie, Ill wait for you to come down. Where you'll find me, where we'll shine...

Yang: Do you want to know what it is, or do you want to be surprised?
Shawn: Let me guess...

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

Juliet: "I think maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."

#10 swim_psych_717

swim_psych_717

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the argument it was meant to settle was "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, will it make a sound?"

DID YOU KNOW that Sigmund Freud theorized that there are no accidents, instead the subconscience controls the actions of which we are not consciously aware we desired to take place.

(I always wondered what Lassie would say about that in relations to the "Nice shooting, detective." comment! Which is why i say that :rolleyes: )

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that on Sigmund Freud died from a car accident?

DID YOU KNOW that the first shark lived 200 million years before the first dinasour.
Posted Image

#11 I_Know

I_Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that on Sigmund Freud died from a car accident?

DID YOU KNOW that the first shark lived 200 million years before the first dinasour.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the first pineapple was grown by a shark?

DID YOU KNOW that Kindergarten is German for 'children's garden'?
Official Multi-Faceted FAN-atic of the CMP2
Posted Image
Posted Image
James: "I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She's made out of sunshine."

Johnny Dare: "He swept you off your feet and you couldn't wait to bed him. He said you were simply powerless against his sexual prowess."
Maggie: "Alright, well he's absolutely right."

Magster: "I'm Irish." *wink* "And lucky."

Juliet: "I said you're prophetic."
Shawn: "You're prophetic!"

Maggie: "That's my boyfriend"

Steve: "I love it when Juliet yells at people."
Maggie: "Me too! It's really fun!"

Tim: "Maggie Lawson, I can get her to laugh. But normally Maggie just laughs at me laughing.”

#12 fist

fist

Say Major General!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the first pineapple was grown by a shark?

DID YOU KNOW that Kindergarten is German for 'children's garden'?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that children used to take kindergarten in a garden, until one day a wild tiger came out of nowhere and devoured both the class and their teacher?

DID YOU KNOW there are more than 300,000 fast food restaurants in the U.S.?

#13 Kireijo

Kireijo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that children used to take kindergarten in a garden, until one day a wild tiger came out of nowhere and devoured both the class and their teacher?

DID YOU KNOW there are more than 300,000 fast food restaurants in the U.S.?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that actor Kevin Smith has eaten at every single one of them?

DID YOU KNOW that Canada is an Indian word meaning "BigVillage"?
Eat. Sleep. Psych.

#14 Aurelia23

Aurelia23

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that actor Kevin Smith has eaten at every single one of them?

DID YOU KNOW that Canada is an Indian word meaning "BigVillage"?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Canada recently legalized the 24 hour clock (sorry I couldn't resist...for anyone that has seen this hour has 22 minutes)

DID YOU KNOW that Singapore means 'city of lions', but none have ever been seen there

#15 Someday_Shules

Someday_Shules

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Canada recently legalized the 24 hour clock (sorry I couldn't resist...for anyone that has seen this hour has 22 minutes)

DID YOU KNOW that Singapore means 'city of lions', but none have ever been seen there

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Jerk Chicken is actually made out of Pineapple spikes from Singapore?

DID YOU KNOW that paper crawly snakes are actually ambiguous to Ireland?

Edited by Someday_Shules, 21 March 2010 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 I_Know

I_Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Jerk Chicken is actually made out of Pineapple spikes from Singapore?

DID YOU KNOW that paper crawly snakes are actually ambiguous to Ireland?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that paper crawly snakes got to America because the Irish made a giant one and put it in the ocean.

DID YOU KNOW that yellow is evoked by light that stimulates both the long and medium wavelength cone cells of the retina?
Posted Image
Posted Image
James: "I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She's made out of sunshine."

Johnny Dare: "He swept you off your feet and you couldn't wait to bed him. He said you were simply powerless against his sexual prowess."

Tim: "Maggie Lawson, I can get her to laugh. But normally Maggie just laughs at me laughing.”

#17 jackiekat

jackiekat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that paper crawly snakes got to America because the Irish made a giant one and put it in the ocean.

DID YOU KNOW that yellow is evoked by light that stimulates both the long and medium wavelength cone cells of the retina?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the color yellow can be used to hypnotize people into speaking three different languages at once?

DID YOU KNOW that the closest relative of the dolphin and whale is the hippopotamus? (With thanks to randomfactsuselesstrivia.com. Check this site out- it's pretty awesome)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Banner made by Kirei!

Official Undercover Spy for the CMP^2

Psychfic: Jackiekat

"Don't worry, Jules. I'll crack your case like an egg. Then we'll make omelets with shallots and JUSTICE."

#18 livlafluv444

livlafluv444

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the color yellow can be used to hypnotize people into speaking three different languages at once?

DID YOU KNOW that the closest relative of the dolphin and whale is the hippopotamus? (With thanks to randomfactsuselesstrivia.com. Check this site out- it's pretty awesome)

BUT DID ALSO YOU KNOW that the dolphin and whale have lasers built into their dorsil fins, which they use to kill their prey?
DID YOU KNOW that Ponce de Leon, a Spanish explorer, discovered Florida while looking for the fountain of youth?
Shawn: Hello, my name is Ichabod Fletchman, Sticky Icky to my boys, but that's neither here nor there. What's important is this baby is 82% Hawaiian, and I've got aaaaallllllllllll afternoon

Gus: So.....Did you hear about Pluto? That's messed up, Right?

Shawn: Ok, first, let's acknowledge that the Chief is wearing leopard print...Continue.

Lassie:So give me your process, how do we get started?
Shawn: You really want to know my process?
Lassie:Absolutely.
Shawn: Well, it usually starts with a Holla! and ends with a creamsicle.
Gus: and then if there's time in between, Thundercats! Ho-oh!
Posted Image

#19 I_Know

I_Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

BUT DID ALSO YOU KNOW that the dolphin and whale have lasers built into their dorsil fins, which they use to kill their prey?
DID YOU KNOW that Ponce de Leon, a Spanish explorer, discovered Florida while looking for the fountain of youth?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW he found said fountain in Florida and is secretly alive still today guarding it?

DID YOU KNOW ancient Indians were the first to use the pen?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Kireijo

Kireijo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW he found said fountain in Florida and is secretly alive still today guarding it?

DID YOU KNOW ancient Indians were the first to use the pen?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that they were also the first to invent a dry cleaners for getting all of those ink stains out of their saris?

DID YOU KNOW that human skin produces Vitamin D when exposed exposed to sunlight?
Eat. Sleep. Psych.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved