• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#41 Kireijo

Kireijo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Lincoln used his bartending skills for information gathering (after all, everyone tells their secrets to their bartenders)

DID YOU KNOW THAT America was named after Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci, who was the first to discover that the Americas were actually two seperate continents and was first used in 1507

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that even Amerigo didn't like the name America and if he had gotten his way with the mapmakers, it would have been called VespucciLand?

DID YOU KNOW that there really was a "Dread Pirate Roberts" (just like in 'The Princess Bride') who operated in the Caribbean in the early 18th century. He is reckoned by many to have been the most successful pirate of all time.

Edited by Kireijo, 23 March 2010 - 09:57 PM.

Eat. Sleep. Psych.

Official PineappleCarver of the CMP2

#42 fist

fist

Say Major General!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that even Amerigo didn't like the name America and if he had gotten his way with the mapmakers, it would have been called VespucciLand?

DID YOU KNOW that there really was a "Dread Pirate Roberts" (just like in 'The Princess Bride') who operated in the Caribbean in the early 18th century. He is reckoned by many to have been the most successful pirate of all time.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the real Dread Pirate Roberts played himself in The Princess Bride?

DID YOU KNOW that I can't think of one so can someone else post one? Lol (Just my stupid attenpt at being funny, and no, this doesn't count as one I just really can't think of any.)

#43 FanDelFlavor

FanDelFlavor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

OK, I will rescue the game LOL.

DID YOU KNOW that Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system, twice as big as all other planets combined?

Edited by FanDelFlavor, 23 March 2010 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lassiter: "We found prints-"
Shawn: "Was he in a "Little Red Corvette"?"
Gus: "Or "Under the Cherry Moon"?"
Lassiter: "We found finger-prints!"

Gus: "Are you crazy?"
Shawn: "I wouldn't say crazy. Maybe an eccentric who looks good in jeans."

Juliet: "Detective Lassiter is literally on fire today."
Shawn: "Literally on fire" as in Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercial, or as in a misuse of the word "literally?"

#44 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

OK, I will rescue the game LOL.

DID YOU KNOW that Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system, twice as big as all other planets combined?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the Martian Man Hunter was actually from Jupiter

DID YOU KNOW Denis Lawson, who played minor character Wedge Antilles in Star Wars Episodes IV, V and VI, is the uncle of Ewan McGregor, who played Obi Wan Kenobi in the more recent Star Wars Episodes I, II and III.
Gus - "For once I'm glad you didn't use my real name."

Gus - "If you would've just tied up the boat we wouldn't be swimming around like the couple from Open Water."

Shawn - "Wait for it."

Shawn - "I like that, I like that very much."

Shawn - "Jules color me impressed, and purple with a streak of magenta, wait never mind that's gay."

Henry - "What are you doing on Saturday?"
Shawn - "Why, do you want me to come to awkward class with you?"

Cheif Vick - "Let me be frank."
Shawn - "As long as I can be Dean and he can be Sammy."
Gus - "Why do I gotta be Sammy?"
Shawn - "Fine, he can be Sammy and you can be Joey Bishop. Is that what you what? You wanna be Joey Bishop?"

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliaphobia

#45 Nilamarthiel

Nilamarthiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the Martian Man Hunter was actually from Jupiter

DID YOU KNOW Denis Lawson, who played minor character Wedge Antilles in Star Wars Episodes IV, V and VI, is the uncle of Ewan McGregor, who played Obi Wan Kenobi in the more recent Star Wars Episodes I, II and III.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that David Prowse and James Earl Jones secretly adopted Hayden Christensen as a baby and raised him on the down-low "just in case"?

DID YOU KNOW THAT quasars, while the "general consensus" is that a it is a compact region in the center of a massive galaxy surrounding the central supermassive black hole, was theorized by Stephen Hawking to be a "White Hole", or, a black hole that has *~exploded~*. [HOLY RUN-ON SENTENCE, BATMAN.] Which makes sense, by the way, because I'm pretty sure even a black hole has limits as to how much energy and matter it can consume... </NERD>

#46 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that David Prowse and James Earl Jones secretly adopted Hayden Christensen as a baby and raised him on the down-low "just in case"?

DID YOU KNOW THAT quasars, while the "general consensus" is that a it is a compact region in the center of a massive galaxy surrounding the central supermassive black hole, was theorized by Stephen Hawking to be a "White Hole", or, a black hole that has *~exploded~*. [HOLY RUN-ON SENTENCE, BATMAN.] Which makes sense, by the way, because I'm pretty sure even a black hole has limits as to how much energy and matter it can consume... </NERD>

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Pineapples can not get sucked through a black hole due to delicious flavoring

DID YOU KNOW Chuck Norris was born Carlos Ray.

Gus - "If you would've just tied up the boat we wouldn't be swimming around like the couple from Open Water."

Shawn - "Wait for it."

Shawn - "Jules color me impressed, and purple with a streak of magenta, wait never mind that's gay."

Shawn - "Fine, he can be Sammy and you can be Joey Bishop. Is that what you what? You wanna be Joey Bishop?"

#47 Nilamarthiel

Nilamarthiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Pineapples can not get sucked through a black hole due to delicious flavoring

DID YOU KNOW Chuck Norris was born Carlos Ray.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that being fed pineapple juice as a baby gave him his ~legendary powers of awesome?

DID YOU KNOW that there are over 700 characters in DC Comics? [I'm just going to keep on going with this nerd thing. It makes me feel like I'm smarter than I actually am.]

#48 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that being fed pineapple juice as a baby gave him his ~legendary powers of awesome?

DID YOU KNOW that there are over 700 characters in DC Comics? [I'm just going to keep on going with this nerd thing. It makes me feel like I'm smarter than I actually am.]

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that DC Comics sued Marvel to take take sole control of Superman

DID YOU KNOW Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliaphobia is the fear of long words.

Shawn - "Wait for it."

#49 Nilamarthiel

Nilamarthiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that DC Comics sued Marvel to take take sole control of Superman

DID YOU KNOW Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliaphobia is the fear of long words.

oh goodness gracious

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Krstmpltkfwphobia is the fear of consonants?

DID YOU KNOW that Esperanto is the most widely spoken constructed international auxiliary language?

#50 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

oh goodness gracious

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Krstmpltkfwphobia is the fear of consonants?

DID YOU KNOW that Esperanto is the most widely spoken constructed international auxiliary language?

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the entire language was made by 3 year olds

DID YOU KNOW The tomato has been brought back from the verge of extinction at least three times since it was first domesticated.

Shawn - "Wait for it."

#51 Doughnut_Holschtein

Doughnut_Holschtein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the entire language was made by 3 year olds

DID YOU KNOW The tomato has been brought back from the verge of extinction at least three times since it was first domesticated.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the tomato has been known for making pineapples poisonous

DID YOU KNOW that the only insect that can turn its head 360 degrees is the praying mantis.
Shawn: I'm having a vision.
Gus: I can dig it.
Shawn: Ooh, it's a... it's a big birthday cake!
Gus: Ooh, make a wish... what?

Gus: I still smell like stinky nuts.
Shawn: Gus we dont have 4 hours to riff on that

#52 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the tomato has been known for making pineapples poisonous

DID YOU KNOW that the only insect that can turn its head 360 degrees is the praying mantis.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW tha James Roday is the only human who can turn his head 360 degrees

DID YOU KNOW Walt Disney was supposed to be on board the B-25 bomber that crashed into the Empire State Building on July 28, 1945.

Shawn - "Wait for it."

#53 Doughnut_Holschtein

Doughnut_Holschtein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW tha James Roday is the only human who can turn his head 360 degrees

DID YOU KNOW Walt Disney was supposed to be on board the B-25 bomber that crashed into the Empire State Building on July 28, 1945.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Mickey Mouse was on the B-25 bomber in his place.

DID YOU KNOW Despite the fact that 77 percent of Americans go to the grocery store with a list, it's estimated that half of everything bought there is bought on impulse. Supermarkets report very strong sales of almost anything they stock at the check-out line.

#54 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Mickey Mouse was on the B-25 bomber in his place.

DID YOU KNOW Despite the fact that 77 percent of Americans go to the grocery store with a list, it's estimated that half of everything bought there is bought on impulse. Supermarkets report very strong sales of almost anything they stock at the check-out line.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that everything estimated ends up pregnent

DID YOU KNOW High blood pressure is the leading cause of early death among Amish men.

Shawn - "Wait for it."

#55 Doughnut_Holschtein

Doughnut_Holschtein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that everything estimated ends up pregnent

DID YOU KNOW High blood pressure is the leading cause of early death among Amish men.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Thomas Edison was Amish.

DID YOU KNOW In the movie "Toy Story", the carpet designs in Sid's hallway is the same as the carpet designs in "The Shining."

#56 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:41 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Thomas Edison was Amish.

DID YOU KNOW In the movie "Toy Story", the carpet designs in Sid's hallway is the same as the carpet designs in "The Shining."

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Sid from "Toy Story" was also in "The Shining" and stole the carpet from the set

DID YOU KNOW In 1923, parts of China's rural Heilongjiang province experienced a severe thunderstorm during which thousands of cobras fell from the sky.

Edited by Galileo_Humpkins, 23 March 2010 - 11:43 PM.

Shawn - "Wait for it."

#57 Doughnut_Holschtein

Doughnut_Holschtein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Sid from "oy Story" was also in "The Shining" and stole the carpet from the set

DID YOU KNOW In 1923, parts of China's rural Heilongjiang province experienced a severe thunderstorm during which thousands of cobras fell from the sky.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that falling cobras spit out pineapples

DID YOU KNOW When Coca-Cola began to be sold in China, they used characters that would sound like "Coca-Cola" when spoken. Unfortunately, what they turned out to mean was "Bite the wax tadpole".

#58 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that falling cobras spit out pineapples

DID YOU KNOW When Coca-Cola began to be sold in China, they used characters that would sound like "Coca-Cola" when spoken. Unfortunately, what they turned out to mean was "Bite the wax tadpole".

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that those same characters mean Pineapple in Japan

DID YOU KNOW The number of axe murders has dropped every year in the United States since 1970, while machete murders have nearly quadrupled.

Edited by Galileo_Humpkins, 23 March 2010 - 11:46 PM.

Shawn - "Wait for it."

#59 Doughnut_Holschtein

Doughnut_Holschtein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that those same characters mean Pineapple in Japan

DID YOU KNOW The number of axe murders has dropped every year in the United States since 1970, while machete murders have nearly quadrupled.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that due to popular demand the machete has had its price reduced 20% to meet the demand.

DID YOU KNOW Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.

#60 Galileo_Humpkins

Galileo_Humpkins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that due to popular demand the machete has had its price reduced 20% to meet the demand.

DID YOU KNOW Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.

BUT DID YOU ALSO KNOW that Buzz McNab's father was a giraffe

DID YOU KNOW President Abraham Lincoln and his assassin John Wilkes Booth shared an uncommon musical ability both men were harmonica virtuosos.

Edited by Galileo_Humpkins, 23 March 2010 - 11:53 PM.

Shawn - "Wait for it."

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved