• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#581 Marytodd

Marytodd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

Double posting with another podcast with our favorite editor Zack Arnold. Zack talked to CastleFanRadio again as he did a few months ago. 30 minutes. I listened live and missed the very beginning and my computer is being ornery so I can't go back and check, but hey, we are in no spoiler land these days. It is a little difficult to follow at times with the cross-talk, but Zack is worth the effort.

December 22, 2011

BlogTalkRadio. Burn Notice Editor Zack Arnold Returns. By CastleFanRadio.
URL: http://www.blogtalkr...-arnold-returns
Spoilers: No

As much as it is fun to listen to someone who actually is a Burn Notice editor, I do wish that the interviewer would learn to not interupt, not repeat exactly what the interviewee just said, not say "yeah" or do the "talking up" that can be so annoying, and actually ask questions that lead to answers that involve more depth than Matt Nix is gifted. Perhaps I'm being too harsh, but I know there are schools that have classes in broadcast journalism and include how to conduct interviews. The interviewer's heart is in the right place, and I appreciate her dedication to the show, but she really needs to improve her interviewing skills. On the other hand, if this is strictly a blog put out for fun by an amateur, she certainly has accomplished more with social media than I ever will.

#582 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

As much as it is fun to listen to someone who actually is a Burn Notice editor, I do wish that the interviewer would learn to not interupt, not repeat exactly what the interviewee just said, not say "yeah" or do the "talking up" that can be so annoying, and actually ask questions that lead to answers that involve more depth than Matt Nix is gifted. Perhaps I'm being too harsh, but I know there are schools that have classes in broadcast journalism and include how to conduct interviews. The interviewer's heart is in the right place, and I appreciate her dedication to the show, but she really needs to improve her interviewing skills. On the other hand, if this is strictly a blog put out for fun by an amateur, she certainly has accomplished more with social media than I ever will.

I'm pretty sure she's just a fan doing a podcast. Anyone can do a podcast and you can find them at all skill levels. She tries and I think Zack is especially gracious to talk to fans.

As someone who did go to journalism school, trust me, interviewing is harder than you think and takes a lot of practice. I'm not out there trying to do audio or video interviews. Props to anyone who does.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#583 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Well, it's deathly quiet in here, so here's a little interview with Brian Tee, who played Takeda in Bloodlines. He says nice things about Sharon.

January 2, 2012

Asians on Film. Brian Tee Interview: Burn Notice & theperfectsomeone.com
URL: http://www.asiansonf...ectsomeone-com/

#584 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Well, it's deathly quiet in here, so here's a little interview with Brian Tee, who played Takeda in Bloodlines. He says nice things about Sharon.

January 2, 2012

Asians on Film. Brian Tee Interview: Burn Notice & theperfectsomeone.com
URL: http://www.asiansonf...ectsomeone-com/

It IS deathly quiet here! Was thinking the same thing myself as I checked in! Thanks for this tidbit - doesn't Brian Tee seem much younger than "Takeda"? Must be extreme pain ages you!! Enjoyed his wonderful comments about our wonderful Sharon!

#585 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Here's a podcast to keep us going. Zack Arnold, aka BurnEditor, did a podcast about editing and it's available free on iTunes. It's an hour and 19 minutes. No spoilers.

January 7, 2012

That Post Show. The Burn'n Way.
URL: http://itunes.apple....how/id293692362
Hat Tip: BurnEditor

Edited by Karendipitee, 09 January 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#586 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Here's a very brief interview with Coby. It's almost all about 'The Game,' but mentions BN and hey, the press thread was getting lonely.

February 15, 2012

Vibe.com. "‘The Game’s’ Coby Bell Dishes on Jason Pitts’ Evolution, Working With Brandy, More"
URL: http://www.vibe.com/...ndy-more-127996

#587 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

I don't usually put photo-only posts in press, but it makes sense for this. USA had a Characters Unite event in LA Wednesday night, and it looks like most of the cast was there. Here are Getty Image links for photos of Bruce, Gabrielle, Coby, and Sharon.

#588 philliesfan

philliesfan

The love between Michael & Fiona is the heart of the show

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Yay! Great pics - My favorite is the one of Coby being kissed on the cheeks by Sharon & Gabrielle. They all look good, including Bruce (since I didn't mention him yet).

But where's Jeffrey?

Does this mean they'll be in one of those Characters Unite ads, Karen? I'm thinking this was something else altogether.

MFParis1person.jpg

#589 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Does this mean they'll be in one of those Characters Unite ads, Karen? I'm thinking this was something else altogether.

I don't pay that much attention to the Characters Unite stuff, but they do have events with speakers and whatnot. From what Chris Gorham has tweeted, this was one of those events.

Not sure if they are doing more of those ads or not. When they do those promos, the various PR people tweet about it, and I haven't seen anything recent about that.

I'm more interested in all of them being in LA, with some time on their hands, and recording facilities and maybe some S5 episodes to chat about with microphones turned on. A girl can dream.

Edited to add: Hmm, maybe they are doing something USA-like. Bruce is on a stage there and said he's working, and one of the USA PR guys is there too, and a separate PR agency mentioned being with Sharon all day on a network "mondo" shoot. Plus, the BN Twitter had pics of Sharon and Coby on a set, but I didn't put that together until now.

Edited by Karendipitee, 16 February 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#590 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Another article from that Characters Unite event, where they talked to a bunch of the USA stars about being environmentally conscious. Bruce and Coby are included.

February 22, 2012

Mother Nature Network. Inside USA 'Characters Unite' Event. By Gerri Milller.
URL: http://www.mnn.com/l...ers-unite-event

#591 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

Here's a video interview with Coby at that 2/15 LA event. Doesn't say much new, except that he says BN will be back in June.

#592 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Season 5 DVD June 5!

March 14, 2012

TVOvermind. Burn Notice Season 5 and White Collar Season 3 DVD Details.
URL: http://www.tvovermin...n-3-dvd-details

Edited to add: TVShowsonDVD has the same info, plus the cover art.

Edited by Karendipitee, 14 March 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#593 philliesfan

philliesfan

The love between Michael & Fiona is the heart of the show

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks, Karendipitee!

MFParis1person.jpg

#594 cargram

cargram

Fiona, feisty and fabulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Season 5 DVD June 5!

March 14, 2012

Karen, you're just full of happy tid bits today! Thank You! :D
Posted Image

sig courtesy of AggieThrower30

#595 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Season 5 DVD June 5!

March 14, 2012

And I see they still have Agent Pearce as Kim instead of Danielle...:P

#596 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

And I see they still have Agent Pearce as Kim instead of Danielle...:P

Yeah - I hate it when they change names like that! Especially when there are MORE than enough Dani's or Danielle's on TV now. Good grief - be unique! This show doesn't need to follow the crowd!

#597 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Neat article about the DP and camera work on the show.

March 28, 2012

MarkeeMag. Fun with Cars, Bombs and Spies. By Michael Fickes.
URL: http://markeemag.com...ve/?article=597

#598 arkangelblue

arkangelblue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

March 28, 2012

Hi Karendipitee ColleenM Auroracat and Philli and car, just wanted to ask hows things with you all and our fellow BurnNoters on here? Well, it seems like forever since I last popped in (far too long really) and as we are now into Spring I thought I'd poke my head in and see what if anything has been going on and if there is any news for a return of Burn Notice (sighs deeply). Thanks to you all for keeping up to scratch with whats happening xxx thanks.

#599 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

March 28, 2012

Loved the article! It was fun reading something written with real fondness for the show and no criticism. And I love the techie stuff about the lenses and how they shoot Michael, Fi and Sam with a purpose in mind. I'm going to be watching for stuff like that! It really highlights how professional everyone is and that the show doesn't just "fall together" in a happy accident!
Happy to see you back, AABlue! Nice to see everyone again. It's a lonely wasteland on here when the show is on hiatus!

Edited by ColleenM, 31 March 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#600 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,553 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

I thought I'd poke my head in and see what if anything has been going on and if there is any news for a return of Burn Notice (sighs deeply).

Hi Arkangel. There are bits and pieces of casting news in the spoiler thread. That's most of the news now that filming has started. We should hear when it comes back sometime in the next month, I think.

Loved the article! It was fun reading something written with real fondness for the show and no criticism. And I love the techie stuff about the lenses and how they shoot Michael, Fi and Sam with a purpose in mind.

You know, I only skimmed this article when I posted it, to make sure it was new and had no spoilers. Reading it more thoroughly, I noticed it referred to DP Dennis Hall in the present tense. He was DP for only 7 episodes last season and then left and was working on the Common Law pilot when he died of a heart attack. Guess the article's author didn't know that (or he wrote it ages ago and it just now got posted).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved