• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 catatran33

catatran33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

I know I haven't been on for a long time. But I was hoping you guys would help fill-in some blanks on Michael Westen's 'covert intelligence profile'?

It's a small part on my psychology term project. The choice was to analyze a character from a film, tv show, or book. Who better than my favorite burned spy, MICHAEL WESTEN!!! Posted Image :rolleyes: Posted Image

So, I've been able to create part of his profile (the simple things, like his family-ish background, education (i believe he didnt graduate?), and his occupation...). But I need a little help trying to formalize the unknown parts of his past, like his times in Russia, Ireland, Belfast, the year he was in these places, his alias, his black ops activities... his military service, rank (haven't decided if he was in the marines or the army, yet? Posted Image ), his specialty there (i was thinking sniper?). There's alot of fill-in the blanks for our dear Michael Westen lol

Thanks for the help Posted Image

Edited by NatashaFatale, 30 November 2012 - 12:09 AM.
To add tags

~ 'Can't Keep Loving You (From A Distance)" by Elliott Yamin

#33 JASON VARITEK FAN!

C.T.

#2 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hey neat project.
In season 1 Old Friends. The father (name exscapes me), the client mentions "missed you at your graduation" "was surprised to hear you went into or joined the Army. So this tells me Michael did graduate just didn't attend the ceremonies and he was in the Army. I don't recall ever hearing a rank mentioned anywhere or how long he was in for. I am sure there are others who will have info for you that's all I have for you. Hope it helps good luck. :)
Posted Image

#3 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

Good to see you again, catatran!

Bcmom mentioned the Army reference. I think every other time they said military, but that time they said Army, which he joined at 17. I didn't take it as not graduating, just not attending the ceremony.

We still don't have a reliable birth date, but I place it in 1970-71; someone hashed it out even more (Lilly? can't remember).

Here are a few other dates and places that I thought of:

91-92 Balkans with Larry
Ukraine op in the 90s with Chechik, who spent 10 years in jail after it
97 with Samantha in St. Petersburg (pre-Fiona, although not much before)
Somewhere in the first Fiona time was Dublin and Germany, source of Fiona-inflicted injuries
Istanbul--7 years before Evelyn turned up in False Flag, which was July, and would have been 2000 if it was true to time.
Harlan was Lebanon and Bosnia, but we don't have times.
Africa time is unclear, except he tangled with an Algerian to get the sunglasses (although not clear if that was in Algeria) and Nigeria and the burn notice were in the last quarter of 2006 (based on the 9/30/06 bank screen of his frozen assets and it being before Christmas when he was dumped in Miami).

Edited by Karendipitee, 15 February 2010 - 07:32 PM.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#4 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

A couple other bits and pieces from my own notes, his handler was Dan Siebels and he says in the pilot that he worked with Dan for 15 years. Perhaps not all in the same capacity, since he says they are friends, so that's not indicative necessarily of how long he's been an actual spy. Also, Maddie mentions that Michael missed his father's funeral by 8 years.

Also, if it interests you, we were discussing what languages Michael knows in the latest episode thread a couple days ago.

#5 catatran33

catatran33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

thanks for the info you guys :) it'll certainly help in the 'creation' of his profile :)

hmm, i'd have figured Michael would be Jeffrey's age? And as for the birth date... i thought i'd use Jeffrey's :lol: haha

i think i need to sketch out a timeline/map before I can get all the facts straight lol

thanks again :)

#33 JASON VARITEK FAN!

C.T.

#6 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

just to add to petunia's post regarding Michael and Dan Siebels. michael says in the pilot that he and Dan trained together. still no really time frame but it's out there for ya. lol
Posted Image

#7 The7thFloor

The7thFloor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:26 AM

@catatran33 - Hi Cat! FYI the Westen character is loosely based on the real life ex-CIA Officer Michael Wilson. He is the technical producer (consultant) for the show. In both cases both Michael's were what's called in the biz "NOCS". That means 'non-official cover'. They both worked for the Directorate of Operations in Clandestine Services. Westen was obviously recruited directly from US Army milint (military intelligence). Probably while stationed in West Germany during the Cold War period (only guessing but sounds plausible). There's not much open source data on the real Wilson except that he did some anti-terrorist stuff and works for Operation Hollywood like most ex-CIA spooks like Bazel Baz, et al today.

In the pilot ep. he is stationed in Nigeria for something... I think that's where he discovers his Burn Notice. You can assume that he got his CIA basic training in Williamsburg VA at Camp Peary. Its the place that is affectionately known as "The Farm". But there are many CIA farms in USA. Camp Peary is just the main one.

What baffles me about the Westen character is his overwhelming desire to return to the "reservation" or go back "into the cold" after he's seen the agency's TRUE colors (i.e. Management?). Its like a "boy scout" mentality. I mean once you figure out that the CIA is NOT what is was meant to be when it started in 1947 under POTUS Truman. It totally perverted itself into something huge and ugly when people like George Bush and others like him joined their ranks. If you watch the movie The Good Shepard by Robert DeNiro (a huge CIA-phile himself) you will see what I mean. Patriotism is a joke with CIA veterans. Its all about big money these days. Loyalty is an after thought. Just look at all of the traitors that have been uncovered over time.

Another good movie to watch is Robert Redford and Brad Pit in Spy Games. Very insightful about the GAME they play at CIA and how some veterans know how to work around the system. In Westen's case he is trapped in Miami in a FISHBOWL and can't get out until they let him out. This new British guy (freelancer) is the kind of stuff veterans AVOID like the plague. Did you see how he summarily killed the ASIS (Australian Spook) just because he broke his ankle (i.e. Westen greased the hand hold on the wall)? Why would Westen think he could derail his black op safely and without discovery? Its just folly. Management could care less if he averts the British guys agenda. Its the CIA's agendas Management wants Westen to work on. Like helping to destabilize an oil-producing 3rd world country in South America (IMO that is) :rolleyes: ?

#8 The7thFloor

The7thFloor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

@catatran33 - I was puttering around the Internet and I found EXACTLY what you were looking for. I hope this helps. I haven't read through it yet but it seems like a good back story on the Michael Western character. Enjoy!

Aliases Michael McBride
Date of birth January 7, 1970 (1970-01-07) (age 40)
Occupation Ex-spy, private eye
Family
Frank Westen (father, deceased)
Madeline Westen (mother)
Nate Westen (brother)

Overview
Michael leaves home after graduating high school and joins the U.S. Army (he joined the military at the age of 17 when his mother forged his father's signature so that he would have permission), and joins Special Forces. He then served his country for 15 years working in Europe and the OPEC countries as a covert operative who freelanced for the CIA. While in the middle of a mission in Nigeria, he receives a burn notice from his superiors - documentation he recovers later shows it is a part of operation "Cold Sunshine". After shooting and stealing his way to an airport, Michael is dumped in Miami, with Fiona Glenanne, his ex-girlfriend.

Per the conditions of his burn notice, Michael's assets are frozen, his line of credit is destroyed, and he has no job history with which to seek employment. He is free to move about in and around Miami, but any attempts to relocate outside of the city will result in his immediate arrest. Now Michael has to try to find work that suits his unusual skillset and knowledge. He counts on old friends like Sam Axe (who was informing on him to the FBI until halfway through the first season) and Fiona to do such odd jobs, while fighting with his mother Madeleine Westen and trying to find out who burned him and why.

Michael lives in a cheap, low key loft over a nightclub, with a bed, workbench, some weights, a punching bag, no air conditioning (a challenge in South Florida), an oven (used to bake explosives in one episode), a few chairs, a mid-90's era computer, and a fridge filled with yogurt and beer (drunk by Sam). He obtained the loft in the pilot, when he helped the Russian landowner and club owner out by taking care of the drug dealer who also lived on the premises. He also spends time at hotels in Miami and his mother's house.

Bruce Campbell comments on Michael Westen: "Well, the idea is being a CIA agent, Michael Westen can take his skills, you know, MacGyver-ish type skills and make a shotgun out of a twig."

The Season 2 finale revealed that Michael was burned in order for him to be recruited by Carla's mysterious organization. After Fiona assassinated Carla, he was offered her position by a man referred to as the organization's "management." Westen refused the offer while in a helicopter over the ocean, when it is revealed that the security detail and personal restrictions he has been under were to protect him from the countless enemies he made as a CIA operative. He declined once more, and upon being offered "the door" by management, he promptly jumped out of the helicopter, free from the organization's hold.

Michael has many tools at his disposal, such as knives, guns, cars, cell phones, and power tools.

Family
Michael had an abusive childhood. His father beat him as an obedience measure, and his mother did nothing to prevent it. His father also took advantage of him, for example, having Michael fake a seizure inside a Mr. Goodwrench store so Michael's father could steal some spark plugs. The last thing Michael's father said to him was, "I'll see you in Hell, boy." Eight years ago, Michael's father died, and only recently did Michael visit his grave, after persistent persuasion from his mother. Michael's younger brother, Nate, is a compulsive gambler who has a history of stealing from Michael to fund his addiction. However, after helping Michael out and almost dying he has turned his life around, which Michael seems to have difficulty believing. After a brief quarrel with his brother, Michael rightfully receives his father's black 1973 Dodge Charger.

Relationships
Michael's romantic relationships are a significant source of subplots in Burn Notice. It is revealed in the episode 'Sins of Omission' that ten years previous, Michael was engaged to a professional thief named Samantha, but they never married and separated. Around that time, Michael met Fiona Glenanne, an IRA bomb maker and weapons expert while under cover in Ireland. Their relationship also ended when Michael was extracted, though Fiona became aware of Michael's real name and position as a US intelligence operative. Fiona now helps Michael with his various cases and his investigation in Miami, and they still have a close, if strained, relationship. While Fiona plays coy during most of Season 1, during Season 2 it is apparent to many that they are moving toward a reconciliation. When Fiona investigates a bomb makers home and a fire erupts that consumes the entire building, Michael believes that she had been killed in the fire, and discovers her alive and well at his apartment, albeit without a cellphone that was destroyed. Realizing that Michael was on the verge of a breakdown over her possible death, the two make love.

During Season 3, while Michael begins working harder towards being recalled to active service and working for a mercenary, Fiona grows more and more distant. Michael strikes Fiona as part of maintaining a cover identity and she gets real mad as only a woman who is used to blowing things up can, and Fiona claims that doing this work is changing Michael, and that she can't stay and watch it happen, and plans to move back to Ireland. In the following episode, these plans are curtailed when Fiona's brother and an exiled Irish mercenary arrive who kidnaps Fiona, and Michael's original Irish cover is blown. When Michael and Sam attempt a rescue, Fiona is shot in the arm when she jumps off the pier to escape the gunfire. Michael panics when he sees Fiona float to the surface unconscious and quickly pulls her out and is relieved when she comes to. Fiona's brother tells Michael that Fiona, now associated with a foreign intelligence operative, will almost certainly be killed if she returns to Ireland, though he tells Michael that he is proud to know his sister chose well.

Michael's family is also a source of strain in the show. His mother in particular is at times demanding and a valuable asset, and has recently been used to conduct initial surveillance. She's also revealed to have a deep understanding of psychology and interrogation, after she manages to coerce information out of a smuggler within minutes of Fiona and Sam having given up. Despite being left in the dark for much of the series, she is now much more involved and aware of Michael's operations, though she seems to accept this as a matter of course.

Personal facts
- Michael appears to favor the SIG Sauer P228 (9x19mm) as his primary sidearm, which is noteworthy because the P228 was discontinued after SIG began offering the P229 in 9mm; perhaps the P228 is a holdover from his days as a CIA operative. He also favors Emerson knives, using an Emerson Karambit in the episode "Double Booked".

- Michael's trademark sunglasses are an Oliver Peoples Victory. The lens are in a discontinued color, cognac, and are a discontinued size, 55. These glasses were likely made custom for the show. Although you can get them at the "see on! store".

- Michael is highly trained in various forms of martial arts, such as Sambo, which he uses when pretending to be Russian.

- Michael is fluent in at least five languages, including Arabic ("Turn and Burn"), Russian ("Comrades"), Farsi ("Devil You Know"), and possibly Czech ("Old Friends"), and has learned French and German just recently. He also appears to have some knowledge of Spanish and Urdu.

- Michael is highly skilled in first aid. In the Episode "Bad Breaks", Michael easily convinces a group of bank robbers that he is a medical doctor. In other episodes he frequently administers emergency first aid to either himself or others, and in the episode "Old Friends" he explains that he gained a basic understanding of combat medicine by being in countries without hospitals or readily available medical aid.

- Michael has a fondness for yogurt (particularly blueberry). He is often seen talking about and eating it in various episodes. In the episode "Broken Rules", he blackmails an agent by showing him multiple embarrassing photos, one of which shows the agent breaking into Michael's apartment without a warrant and eating his yogurt. To date, "Family Business" is the only episode that features no appearance or mention of yogurt. Jeffrey Donovan explained in an interview that yogurt was picked as Michael's food of choice because it's a good "spy food" - full of protein and nutrients and easy and convenient for a spy to eat during a long surveillance.

- In a promotional spot for the USA Network series Royal Pains, Michael sends a package to Dr. Hank Lawson, the main character of that show. It contains a few things Michael thinks Hank may need: a bottle of sunscreen, a pair of sunglasses, and a block of C-4 ("because you never know when you'll need a stable plastic explosive").

#9 bcmom

bcmom

Crazy Gringo

• Members
  • 11,582 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

wow! and I thought that I was obsessed:lol: .Great job. :)
Posted Image

#10 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:22 AM

@catatran33 - I was puttering around the Internet and I found EXACTLY what you were looking for. I hope this helps. I haven't read through it yet but it seems like a good back story on the Michael Western character. Enjoy!

You didn't say what this source was, 7th Floor. I know that January 7 birthdate is used in Wikipedia, but no one knows where it comes from. There was recent discussion that it does not jibe with the observance of Michael's birthday in "Question and Answer." (Kidnappers in that episode were watching televised baseball and there is no televised baseball, well anywhere, in early January.)

Here's Michael's character profile from USA.

#11 MsSully

MsSully

All Burn Notice, all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

'The7thFloor, that is pretty cool! Loved reading it!

Aliases Michael McBride
Date of birth January 7, 1970 (1970-01-07) (age 40)
Occupation Ex-spy, private eye
Family
Frank Westen (father, deceased)
Madeline Westen (mother)
Nate Westen (brother)

Overview
Michael leaves home after graduating high school and joins the U.S. Army (he joined the military at the age of 17 when his mother forged his father's signature so that he would have permission), and joins Special Forces. He then served his country for 15 years working in Europe and the OPEC countries as a covert operative who freelanced for the CIA. While in the middle of a mission in Nigeria, he receives a burn notice from his superiors - documentation he recovers later shows it is a part of operation "Cold Sunshine". After shooting and stealing his way to an airport, Michael is dumped in Miami, with Fiona Glenanne, his ex-girlfriend.

Per the conditions of his burn notice, Michael's assets are frozen, his line of credit is destroyed, and he has no job history with which to seek employment. He is free to move about in and around Miami, but any attempts to relocate outside of the city will result in his immediate arrest. Now Michael has to try to find work that suits his unusual skillset and knowledge. He counts on old friends like Sam Axe (who was informing on him to the FBI until halfway through the first season) and Fiona to do such odd jobs, while fighting with his mother Madeleine Westen and trying to find out who burned him and why.

Michael lives in a cheap, low key loft over a nightclub, with a bed, workbench, some weights, a punching bag, no air conditioning (a challenge in South Florida), an oven (used to bake explosives in one episode), a few chairs, a mid-90's era computer, and a fridge filled with yogurt and beer (drunk by Sam). He obtained the loft in the pilot, when he helped the Russian landowner and club owner out by taking care of the drug dealer who also lived on the premises. He also spends time at hotels in Miami and his mother's house.

Bruce Campbell comments on Michael Westen: "Well, the idea is being a CIA agent, Michael Westen can take his skills, you know, MacGyver-ish type skills and make a shotgun out of a twig."

The Season 2 finale revealed that Michael was burned in order for him to be recruited by Carla's mysterious organization. After Fiona assassinated Carla, he was offered her position by a man referred to as the organization's "management." Westen refused the offer while in a helicopter over the ocean, when it is revealed that the security detail and personal restrictions he has been under were to protect him from the countless enemies he made as a CIA operative. He declined once more, and upon being offered "the door" by management, he promptly jumped out of the helicopter, free from the organization's hold.

Michael has many tools at his disposal, such as knives, guns, cars, cell phones, and power tools.

Family
Michael had an abusive childhood. His father beat him as an obedience measure, and his mother did nothing to prevent it. His father also took advantage of him, for example, having Michael fake a seizure inside a Mr. Goodwrench store so Michael's father could steal some spark plugs. The last thing Michael's father said to him was, "I'll see you in Hell, boy." Eight years ago, Michael's father died, and only recently did Michael visit his grave, after persistent persuasion from his mother. Michael's younger brother, Nate, is a compulsive gambler who has a history of stealing from Michael to fund his addiction. However, after helping Michael out and almost dying he has turned his life around, which Michael seems to have difficulty believing. After a brief quarrel with his brother, Michael rightfully receives his father's black 1973 Dodge Charger.

Relationships
Michael's romantic relationships are a significant source of subplots in Burn Notice. It is revealed in the episode 'Sins of Omission' that ten years previous, Michael was engaged to a professional thief named Samantha, but they never married and separated. Around that time, Michael met Fiona Glenanne, an IRA bomb maker and weapons expert while under cover in Ireland. Their relationship also ended when Michael was extracted, though Fiona became aware of Michael's real name and position as a US intelligence operative. Fiona now helps Michael with his various cases and his investigation in Miami, and they still have a close, if strained, relationship. While Fiona plays coy during most of Season 1, during Season 2 it is apparent to many that they are moving toward a reconciliation. When Fiona investigates a bomb makers home and a fire erupts that consumes the entire building, Michael believes that she had been killed in the fire, and discovers her alive and well at his apartment, albeit without a cellphone that was destroyed. Realizing that Michael was on the verge of a breakdown over her possible death, the two make love.

During Season 3, while Michael begins working harder towards being recalled to active service and working for a mercenary, Fiona grows more and more distant. Michael strikes Fiona as part of maintaining a cover identity and she gets real mad as only a woman who is used to blowing things up can, and Fiona claims that doing this work is changing Michael, and that she can't stay and watch it happen, and plans to move back to Ireland. In the following episode, these plans are curtailed when Fiona's brother and an exiled Irish mercenary arrive who kidnaps Fiona, and Michael's original Irish cover is blown. When Michael and Sam attempt a rescue, Fiona is shot in the arm when she jumps off the pier to escape the gunfire. Michael panics when he sees Fiona float to the surface unconscious and quickly pulls her out and is relieved when she comes to. Fiona's brother tells Michael that Fiona, now associated with a foreign intelligence operative, will almost certainly be killed if she returns to Ireland, though he tells Michael that he is proud to know his sister chose well.

Michael's family is also a source of strain in the show. His mother in particular is at times demanding and a valuable asset, and has recently been used to conduct initial surveillance. She's also revealed to have a deep understanding of psychology and interrogation, after she manages to coerce information out of a smuggler within minutes of Fiona and Sam having given up. Despite being left in the dark for much of the series, she is now much more involved and aware of Michael's operations, though she seems to accept this as a matter of course.

Personal facts
- Michael appears to favor the SIG Sauer P228 (9x19mm) as his primary sidearm, which is noteworthy because the P228 was discontinued after SIG began offering the P229 in 9mm; perhaps the P228 is a holdover from his days as a CIA operative. He also favors Emerson knives, using an Emerson Karambit in the episode "Double Booked".

- Michael's trademark sunglasses are an Oliver Peoples Victory. The lens are in a discontinued color, cognac, and are a discontinued size, 55. These glasses were likely made custom for the show. Although you can get them at the "see on! store".

- Michael is highly trained in various forms of martial arts, such as Sambo, which he uses when pretending to be Russian.

- Michael is fluent in at least five languages, including Arabic ("Turn and Burn"), Russian ("Comrades"), Farsi ("Devil You Know"), and possibly Czech ("Old Friends"), and has learned French and German just recently. He also appears to have some knowledge of Spanish and Urdu.

- Michael is highly skilled in first aid. In the Episode "Bad Breaks", Michael easily convinces a group of bank robbers that he is a medical doctor. In other episodes he frequently administers emergency first aid to either himself or others, and in the episode "Old Friends" he explains that he gained a basic understanding of combat medicine by being in countries without hospitals or readily available medical aid.

- Michael has a fondness for yogurt (particularly blueberry). He is often seen talking about and eating it in various episodes. In the episode "Broken Rules", he blackmails an agent by showing him multiple embarrassing photos, one of which shows the agent breaking into Michael's apartment without a warrant and eating his yogurt. To date, "Family Business" is the only episode that features no appearance or mention of yogurt. Jeffrey Donovan explained in an interview that yogurt was picked as Michael's food of choice because it's a good "spy food" - full of protein and nutrients and easy and convenient for a spy to eat during a long surveillance.

- In a promotional spot for the USA Network series Royal Pains, Michael sends a package to Dr. Hank Lawson, the main character of that show. It contains a few things Michael thinks Hank may need: a bottle of sunscreen, a pair of sunglasses, and a block of C-4 ("because you never know when you'll need a stable plastic explosive").

Posted Image

#12 The7thFloor

The7thFloor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

wow! and I thought that I was obsessed:lol: .Great job. :)

Oh I love this stuff... Nix does a great job with Burn Notice. He has a real spook helping him. Another spy TV show to follow is HUMAN TARGET with Mike Valley on FOX TV. It seems that Valley has a real spook back story too. All they will say is that the actor did time at West Point and was in Desert Storm. That could mean anything. Just like Steven Segal. They don't say everything about the actor's back story. But Steven said he was with CIA once. Another to watch is Ed Harris. Somehow you just KNOW guys like him are suppressing their true back stories for security purposes. I'm still trying to figure out the guy from the Gong Show Chuck Berris. I think there's a book and movie out about him. The only one I can't vouch for is 24. IMO its really ignorant. And his father is a better spook actor. One of the best in the biz. Kiefer's demeanor is all wrong. He talks too low like the late actor James Dean. And at times he is too intense (over the top) - no mid-range like his dad. Donald is so cool. The actor Mike Valley and Jeff Donovan are just right IMO.

BTW - I'm not saying Donovan has a real CIA background. However, he does have a black belt in Karate and is profiecent in Akido and Jujitsu (means nothing as some CIA officers can't fight or shoot - that's what contractors are for - right? LOL). He had a dirt poor upbringing just like Canadian actor Jim Carrey. Being dirt poor does motivate strange career choices. He attended UMASS and BRIDGEWATER. UMASS is a popular New England CIA recruiting college. He played Kyle in The Pretender (1999). That's one of my favorites! If Jeff wasn't ever a spook then I'd offer him a CIA recruiting job like they did Jennifer Garner. Jennifer (Alias (2001-2006)). She's Ms. CIA now.

Oh and did you notice Jeff's PERFECT Slavic accent and Russian language delivery in ep. "Comrades"? The late Brian Kieth could do that too. But there was a reason for that. What's Jeff's excuse? I mean Sean Connery just faked his way poorly through The Hunt for Red October but Jeff is RIGHT ON in his portrayal of a Russian spy/gangster. The guy he was trying to fool in Comrades (Andy Divoff) is also a very good Slavic speaker. His dad is Russian but Andy speaks 9 languages (He's Venezuelan perfect spook material - the real Jackal (Ramirez Sanchez) was also Venezuelan). Andy is a very ominous actor. Very scary...

Edited by The7thFloor, 16 February 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#13 The7thFloor

The7thFloor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

You didn't say what this source was, 7th Floor. I know that January 7 birthdate is used in Wikipedia, but no one knows where it comes from. There was recent discussion that it does not jibe with the observance of Michael's birthday in "Question and Answer." (Kidnappers in that episode were watching televised baseball and there is no televised baseball, well anywhere, in early January.)

Here's Michael's character profile from USA.

I got it from Wikipedia... Youre right the DOB is unverified. Donovan's real DOB is 11-May-1968 (age 42). I've got socks older than that! Need to throw them out huh? :lol:

BTW - Not sure about your baseball reference. Did you ever hear about Baseball in January (Opening Day) Univ of Texas at Brownsville just last month? I think it was televised on ESPN or something. Not sure. Also baseball is international now. Even the Brits have baseball (well they did invent it not US - ROUNDERS? - Doubleday story is a myth...)

Edited by The7thFloor, 16 February 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#14 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:02 PM

I got it from Wikipedia... Youre right the DOB is unverified. Donovan's real DOB is 11-May-1968 (age 42). I've got socks older than that! Need to throw them out huh? :lol:

BTW - Not sure about your baseball reference. Did you ever hear about Baseball in January (Opening Day) Univ of Texas at Brownsville just last month? I think it was televised on ESPN or something. Not sure. Also baseball is international now. Even the Brits have baseball (well they did invent it not US - ROUNDERS? - Doubleday story is a myth...)

The only organized baseball I know of being played in January are things like the Venezuelan Winter League. I'm not saying there isn't any, but isn't any that would make a televised appearance on any American network. Not to mention, with the voiceover, it was indicated that it was something important, like playoffs. The actual video was not, but we were made to believe it was. I supposed it could have been a rerun of something on ESPN Classic, but you would not expect anyone to be watching with rapt attention a game for which they already knew the outcome.

#15 catatran33

catatran33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

thanks guys :) this all helps! this project isnt due for another week or so... so if u got any more ideas or info, let me know :)

and as for the baseball reference (considering the game was a Red Sox game :) ) i believe that although we viewers may watch the episode in January... they did film the show from late march to july in which the baseball season is in full swing lol it's just the matter of cirmantics (i know i spelled that wrong for sure :P lol)

Edited by catatran33, 16 February 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#33 JASON VARITEK FAN!

C.T.

#16 The7thFloor

The7thFloor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

thanks guys :) this all helps! this project isnt due for another week or so... so if u got any more ideas or info, let me know :)

and as for the baseball reference (considering the game was a Red Sox game :) ) i believe that although we viewers may watch the episode in January... they did film the show from late march to july in which the baseball season is in full swing lol it's just the matter of cirmantics (i know i spelled that wrong for sure :P lol)

Jeff is a huge Red Sox fan! 3 July 2009 he threw out the first pitch at the Sox vs. Mariners game at Fenway. In that eps. could they have been watching an archive footage from cable TV (ESPN?) or a movie like Angels in the Outfield or The Natural? Or maybe a video tape or DVD of an earlier in-season game? BTW the word is spelt "semantics". It'll help to get a spell checker from iespell.com before submitting your report to the professor? ;)

#17 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

catatran33 you should come back and post your final product. I'd love to see it.

#18 The7thFloor

The7thFloor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

@catatran33 - Cat your project sounds like what FBI BAU analysts do (Criminal Minds tv show?). So have you come up with a psych profile on Mike Westen yet? I'd be interested in seeing it if so. - Here's a psych profile I know you'll really like: ...Inside the Mind of the President or purchase the book for $13 USD. Techniquely this is the POTUS that the character Michael Westen would have done his tour under from 2001-2009. I wonder if Westen is Republican or Democrat. I'd find it hard to believe the former over the later. Especially when reading this psych study: NYU/UCLA Study and this one too.

Edited by The7thFloor, 16 February 2010 - 05:32 PM.

#19 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

In that eps. could they have been watching an archive footage from cable TV (ESPN?) or a movie like Angels in the Outfield or The Natural? Or maybe a video tape or DVD of an earlier in-season game?

One of the BN crew members (Danny Davila maybe? Can't remember) has said we will not find the footage of the game they showed. It's not MLB. More likely an obscure college game. That episode (3.02) was filmed in March/April-ish 2009 and aired June 11, 2009.

#20 The7thFloor

The7thFloor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

One of the BN crew members (Danny Davila maybe? Can't remember) has said we will not find the footage of the game they showed. It's not MLB. More likely an obscure college game. That episode (3.02) was filmed in March/April-ish 2009 and aired June 11, 2009.

Cat seems to think it was a Red Sox game. I personally don't remember the eps. I'll have to go to Hulu.com and watch it. I agree with your analysis about probable college game.

Edited by The7thFloor, 16 February 2010 - 05:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Michael Westen, Jeffrey Donovan

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved