Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

do you still watch monk on a regular basis?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 franzbrantwein

franzbrantwein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hi,

i would like to know if you still watch monk, and if yes, how do you choose whitch episode to watch?

do you just started from season one? do you only watch yor favorite episodse? or do you just pick some random episodes?

maybe u only watch the natalie episodes? or the one with sharona?

i started the from the beginning, but skipping some boring ones.

afther that (it will take some time till im done ;D) i guess i watch the natalie episodes by random.

let me know how u do it!

greetings!

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

I watch the DVDs and read Lee Goldberg's Monk novels in the order they were released. It always surprises me that anyone would not do it in sequence. Silly, I know. :P

With the DVDs, every now and then I'll skip an ep that didn't appeal to me for some reason, or watch one on repeat a couple times if I really loved it. Most nights I'll try to watch at least one to calm down and focus on something good.

On Sunday nights the local station airs a rerun at 10:00 p.m., so that's a surprise as to what they'll air and a treat if I'm able to watch.

I like to imagine that most of the Monk fans are still watching and haven't moved on and away. Have no idea why this should matter to me, but it does. :unsure:

#3 franzbrantwein

franzbrantwein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

Most nights I'll try to watch at least one to calm down and focus on something good

thats funny ;)

i do the same! since i started reading the books (finished the 2nd one yesterday), i watch an episode just before going to bed reading.

i hope they release some blurays so we can enjoy it in hd :D

#4 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

I watch the reruns on TV all the time, plus I watch some episodes on DVD at random on weekends. I also plan on reading a book that I have on Monk...my first book in the Monk series...but that won't be quite some time....I'm in school now so I have to read 3 textbooks, I'm reading "The Lost Symbol", followed by "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister", THEN I can read "Monk", and I'm also planning on reading Kristin Chenoweth's autobiography and a "Castle" book when I get them.

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#5 Bre9695

Bre9695

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

Unfortunately I don't have the DVD's yet, and the only channel I get out here that plays Monk reruns is USA, so I have to wait til Friday mornings to watch the first one at 6:30am. I do plan on watching the dvd's in order from start to finish and will probably put a note on my favorites, hopefully they will arrive soon.

I know I will use them the same as Virgo...lol

Bre

#6 monanic10

monanic10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

I like to be spontaneous and watch them in random order. :) I will ask anyone who's near me at the time when I am trying to decide which episode to watch. I will say pick a number 1-7, and then pick a number 1-16, and then I know which episode I will watch.

For instance:
Me: Pick a number 1-7.
Little brother/mom/dad/friend/innocent bystander: 1
Me: Pick a number between 1-16.
LB/M/D/F/IB: 11

And then I will be watching Mr. Monk and the Red Headed Stranger, because that is season 1, episode 11. I like doing it this way, because then it is just chance, and I get excited if it's an episode I really like, almost as if it's a suprise. I also watch Monk whenever it is on TV, no matter what I am doing. :)
Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup,
The slither while as they slip away across the universe...

<3 The Beatles

#7 elderlyMonkfan

elderlyMonkfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:04 PM

Hi,

i would like to know if you still watch monk, and if yes, how do you choose whitch episode to watch?

do you just started from season one? do you only watch yor favorite episodse? or do you just pick some random episodes?

maybe u only watch the natalie episodes? or the one with sharona?

i started the from the beginning, but skipping some boring ones.

afther that (it will take some time till im done ;D) i guess i watch the natalie episodes by random.

let me know how u do it!

greetings!

Since Sleuth has Monk episodes on daily in my area, I see more Monk shows now than I did when it was on the air. I am sorry that there will be no more new programs, though. As I watch, I try to determine if there is an episode I've missed, but so far I remember all the one's Sleuth has shown.

I even skipped watching the Super Bowl today to watch a Monk marathon, although I did surf over to check in on the game during Monk commercials.

Edited by elderlyMonkfan, 07 February 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#8 trisha1

trisha1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

I dont watch the Sharona epicodes on tv and dvds cuase i dont like her.The only episodes i like watching with Sharona in them are Mr Monk And The Panic(cause of the monkey its my favorite animal) and Mr Monk And Sharona(cause Natalie is in that one to). I watch the reruns with Natalie in them on Thrusdays and Fridays mornings on USA,reruns on Saturdays and Sunday nights on my local CW channel.I also watch the seasons with Natalie in them on dvd and season 8 on vhs(will be wathcing 8 on dvd when its released next Month).

Edited by trisha1, 08 February 2010 - 12:45 PM.

Posted Image
My Monk & Natalie Fans Group
http://www.facebook....gid=12390442540

Posted Image
My Terri Clark Fans Group
http://www.facebook....gid=11837651277

#9 Inspiration

Inspiration

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:40 AM

Of course! I watch whenever I see it on tv, on three channels! dubbed, with subs without subs :D
My family wants to see other episodes so I watch with them!

If I have time I plan to see All Sharona Episodes because they're the best of entire show and I missed seeing that astounding lady! :wub:
Thank you Liv!

*****TRUDY'S EYES*****

Tony Shalhoub is my biggest Inspiration...

Leland: Where's Natalie?
Adrian: She's with her boyfriend.

#10 LovAdrian

LovAdrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

I watch an episode almost every night. Usually in order. Sometimes I jump one or two of the same disc because I'm in a certain mood that fits with the other episode. I have all the first six DVD boxes and soon I'll be buying the seventh one. Only by the end of the year I'll get the eithght. This is my tactic to save something a little new of Monk :D I also have the books, which I'm reading in a very slow way. Again to save Monk for more than those eight years. Actually, by my mathmatics I"ll still have Monk for at least five more years. :D
Well, I know it's crazy but as Monk said once these are "desperate times, desperate times" .... :lol:
LovAdrian.

Now that Monk is about to leave...

...Am I crying? 'Cause it feels like I'm crying all the time...
... I'm gonna be all alone. What a time to be me...

Monk: Tell me what to do.
Randy: I can't do that.
Monk: Well, can you find somebody who will tell me what to do?

Natalie:
So, Mr. Monk, what do you want for Christmas?
Monk: A miracle.

#11 WisconsinLovesTony

WisconsinLovesTony

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:46 PM

I watch every day, although I have my DVR set to tape any episode that airs, so I can watch whatever episode I want, whenever. I do have all the seasons on DVD (except 8, of course), and take them with me when I travel so I can watch on my laptop. I like Sharona AND Natalie, so I really don't discriminate any episodes.

#12 anotheralias

anotheralias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

I autmatically tape any reruns and I watch those - I don't have the DVD set. And I read the first four Monk books which I found out about on here, and plan to read the rest of them plus any further new ones.

I really miss having new episodes to look forward to.
"I have no problem with change. I just don't like to be there when it happens."

#13 Thom_E_Gemcity

Thom_E_Gemcity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

I L0ve Monk! I watch them when they are on..........
Tough love. The only kind whith Gibbs aproval!

#14 monk8197

monk8197

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

I recently browsed through my cable channels and I came across this channel called "Sleuth" which plays Monk every night at 7 and marathons on Wednesday (and I can easily DVR it). So actually, I've been watching Monk more now than ever :D

I don't choose the season or episode becuase, to be honest, I like them all.

I also read the books when I have time.

#15 SkyeBlueNebula

SkyeBlueNebula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

I started watching Monk when it started out on regular television. I could not continue when it went to cable. Now, that the reruns are shown on digital television, I can watch reruns of Monk seven days a week. It should have never been taken off of regular television, because watching Monk to figure out murder mysteries are so much fun.

Unfortunately, I do not like the Monk episodes with Natalie. I liked Sharona better. Sharona should have never been taken off of Monk. I don't know the reason for that. If anyone knows why Sharona was written off, please reply and explain. Sharona and her son gave Monk an instant family. Really, Sharona should have married Monk. Also, Monk's interacting with Sharona's son gave Monk the normalcy he needed, because Sharona's son looked up to Monk as father-figure.

Natalie's character is totally annoying and she makes my watching Monk difficult. Replacing Sharona for Natalie was a mistake. However, I see that so many of you in the Monk forum like Natalie, but I can not imagine why. Sharona is from New Jersey or New York. I like her better, because her character was a strong, tough woman, and her characteristics helped Monk to toughen up and challenge his own phobias during their time together. Sharona was the perfect wife for Monk next to Trudy. I have not observed anything that Natalie brings to the table. Sharona did all the toughest work in helping Monk challenge his phobias and grow as a person. Natalie does not measure up to Sharona; it is like Natalie is just the other woman, trying to take over Sharona's place in Monk's life. Plus, her voice is nasally or squeeky; I think that's why her character gets on my nerves.

Hello, producers of Monk! I think you have made a big mistake trying to replace Sharona as Monk's sidekick with Natalie! In conclusion, to answer the original post, I watch all the Monk reruns that are now playing on digital television, but I watch the Monk reruns with Sharona more intently and enjoy them more than the episodes with Natalie.

SkyeBlueNebula

#16 donjon

donjon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

I dont watch the Sharona episodes i don`t like

Edited by donjon, 12 September 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#17 cateva

cateva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

I have most of the seasons on DVD now, so I watch Monk all the time.  I watch them at random (no particular order).  Sometimes I watch them for a theme.  When we had the earthquake a few weeks back, I watched "Mr. Monk and the Earthquake."  If I go to a wedding, I watch one of the wedding episodes, etc.  If it is one of the stars birthday, I watch the episode where their character celebrates their birthday.   I do have favorites that I watch over and over.  I was in the mood to see the Randy Disher Project's video the other day, so I watched "Mr. Monk Goes to the Dentist" for the upteenth time.  My least favorite episode of all time is "Mr. Monk and the Rapper."  I don't have that season on DVD yet, but when I finally get it, I doubt I will watch that episode very often.

#18 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Yes, I always have a dvd in and am back on Season Two now. Not that I live glued to the screen, but tend to have it playing in the background when I need something soothing. I set the timer at night and let a dvd play so I can listen as I drift off to sleep to the sounds of Monk.

Reruns are on Friday nights on local television, and I'm home in time to catch the second one and if lucky the end of the first.

Wow, amazing to me the dislike for either Sharona or Natalie. They're so different that I don't even do a comparison and like each of them. (Except if you're talking wife for Monk, I'd have to pick Natalie as being more similar to Trudy than Sharona. Yikes!). :P

Cateva, I'm with you on skipping the rapper episode also. I don't like Snoop Dogg because I remember him doing the Girls Gone Wild commercials late at night and preying on young women to do "things" for the camera while intoxicated. I find him icky and puked when he did the theme song. Ick. Ick. Ick.

#19 kennady

kennady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

I have seen the monk in television not in regular basis.But only i am in free time, i used to see.Watched most of the episodes. It's very nice to watch monk.

#20 cateva

cateva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

Wow, amazing to me the dislike for either Sharona or Natalie. They're so different that I don't even do a comparison and like each of them. (Except if you're talking wife for Monk, I'd have to pick Natalie as being more similar to Trudy than Sharona. Yikes!).  :P

Cateva, I'm with you on skipping the rapper episode also. I don't like Snoop Dogg because I remember him doing the Girls Gone Wild commercials late at night and preying on young women to do "things" for the camera while intoxicated. I find him icky and puked when he did the theme song. Ick. Ick. Ick.

I agree.  I don't quite understand the dislike for Sharona.  I don't really compare her and Natalie either. Sharona did have some tender moments with Monk.  She wasn't always harsh with him.  I think Stottlemeyer was a lot nastier to Monk overall  ---- like in "Mr. Monk and the Bad Girlfriend" when he slams Monk up against the car and accuses him of being jealous. I hate it when people are mean to Mr. Monk.  But I still love the Captain!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved