• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 yoyomaieggroll

yoyomaieggroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:56 AM

I love Mozzie! (and pretty much every other character on this show...but hey) I think he's an awesome friend to Neal and he seems to be able to hook a friend up with just about anything. It has made me curious though, why/how have those two grown to trust eachother as much as they seem to? They don't work in a field where associates are particularly reliable, so what's the story? Is there a story behind it, or is it something that I should just accept and continue to appreciate...I wonder if I am the only one who even wonders about this... :unsure:

#22 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

I love Mozzie! (and pretty much every other character on this show...but hey) I think he's an awesome friend to Neal and he seems to be able to hook a friend up with just about anything. It has made me curious though, why/how have those two grown to trust eachother as much as they seem to? They don't work in a field where associates are particularly reliable, so what's the story? Is there a story behind it, or is it something that I should just accept and continue to appreciate...I wonder if I am the only one who even wonders about this... :unsure:

Maybe they grew up together...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

#23 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

Maybe they grew up together...

There appears to be a huge difference in age between them. I wish we knew the characters' ages.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#24 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:42 AM

There appears to be a huge difference in age between them. I wish we knew the characters' ages.

Looks can be deceiving...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

#25 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Looks can be deceiving...

"Have I taught you nothing?........secrets are safer." :blink:
Posted Image

#26 grc161

grc161

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

He was great in tonight's episode.

The writers really give him the right material and he certainly delivers.

I don't know how they keep a straight face while filming.  

I can't wait for the DVD set to come out so I can see the Gag Reel and hear the commentary.

I agree about the gag reel. That should be a riot.

You can see how hard it is for Neal to keep a straight face around Moz. The scene in jail when Moz shows up as his lawyer, Neal has to look away or at the floor. It appeared to be after many takes and Neal could just not keep from laughing.

#27 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

I really want to see some real history, of how Mozzie became friends with Neal. Their is a real age diffrence, but for as funny as Mozzie is, he is just so reliable and loyal to Neal. It is so endearing. As much as Peter/Neal may be my OTP of WC I love the Mozzie/Neal friendship almost as much, and something is lacking when Mozzie is gone and we do not get the awesome, Neal/Moz interactions. No matter how much Mozzie may want Neal to be back in the Con world, he sticks by Neal no matter what, he does not BS Neal or make Neal compermise, his FBI deal and friendship with Peter becuase underneath I think Mozzie sees how it has beniefted Neal and wants the best for his friend.

If anyone watches the show Supernatural, I see Mozzie very much the Bobby Singer type character, to Neal and provides him always that sense of family, he lacks.

#28 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

It goes without saying that Mozzie is the best and the show and Neal's character would not be as good, without him.

I loved Mozzie in the finale however

I was a bit dissapointed by the Mozzie/Neal goodbye. Mozzie has arguably been Neal's most loyal friend and they are so tight, that I just expected a bit more from their scenes together. I felt it more on Mozzie's end then Neal's and I know what Moz means to Neal, and MB was bringing it but I was not feeling it as much as I wanted to.

#29 cookie3475

cookie3475

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:40 AM

i just found this thread and am very new at how all this works. this is the first show i have really fallen in love with. i can't get enough. but the reason for the entry is MOZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is a very talented actor and i also under stand a new father congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1. now about the show. so much fun to watch and MOZ is great, both when serious and funny, i love the funny. i like that he is comfortable with mr and mrs suite. i like his relation ship with elizabeth. he is a true friend to Neal and you can tell that he cares about him. i was very sad when he was saying good bye to Neal you could hear it in his voice, i wanted to hug him and say it will work out my friend, i understand your pain!!!!! i also like all his interaction with June. great actor and great show continued sucess and a very long run! love

#30 Dreamer4ever

Dreamer4ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Mozzie has arguably been Neal's most loyal friend and they are so tight, that I just expected a bit more from their scenes together.

As Neal's researcher/fence/lawyer/accomplice, Mozzie is an extremely USEFUL character to have around. The writers can stuff his mouth with exposition, he can do the leg-work that Neal (with his chained leg) can't. We've seen him put himself at risk to help Neal out of some prohibitively tight spots.

Yet for some reason, Neal even said to Peter, "You're the only one I really trust." The writers have pointed out that trust between thieves is always an iffy thing.

There's got to be some reason why Mozzie and Neal will never be the trusting amigos that Neal and Peter are.
Some men will never be heroes, some heroes will never be men.

#31 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

As Neal's researcher/fence/lawyer/accomplice, Mozzie is an extremely USEFUL character to have around. The writers can stuff his mouth with exposition, he can do the leg-work that Neal (with his chained leg) can't. We've seen him put himself at risk to help Neal out of some prohibitively tight spots.

Yet for some reason, Neal even said to Peter, "You're the only one I really trust." The writers have pointed out that trust between thieves is always an iffy thing.

There's got to be some reason why Mozzie and Neal will never be the trusting amigos that Neal and Peter are.

Neal trusts Mozzie with his assets and having Mozzie sign Neal's name to documents. I believe there is a different trust between Peter and Neal than Neal and Mozzie. Mozzie may be himself at risk, but he's never really been shot or risked his career to save Neal (who knows, maybe he would).

It's a different type of relationship, but very close one a that.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#32 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:22 PM

For as much as I love the OTP of Neal/Peter, I just simply find the Neal/Mozzie friendship perfection. It is clear Neal thinks the world of Mozzie and would do anything for him and Mozzie has such love and trust for Neal, in some ways their bond is stronger and more interesting then Peter/Neal's. Yes Mozzie is weird, ect but Neal accepts him completely and does not find Mozzie to be incompetent, a buzz kill or weird. For a guy as gorgeous, smart, talented, and charismatic as Neal is to be geniune friends with Moz and care so deeply for him, makes me like Neal alot more. For as much as Kate and Peter are highlighted with the up most importance for Neal, I think Mozzie is the one person Neal could not ever stand to be without and vice versa. It was cute how Neal was teasing Moz, in the begining and how much fear and concern Neal showed at Mozzie being in danger and their plan was awesome, as was Neal trying to save and help Mozzie on his own. I want more on their history, as often times I see Mozzie as very mentorish for Neal.

#33 Leigh1

Leigh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

Video on front White Collar page of WG's 1st impression of Matt. 'How ugly he is and it is unfortunate, he should look into plastic surgery.' LOL

Man, I love those guys. I love how they always speak so highly of each other and the show, and you BELIEVE them. All of them have mentioned how rare this cast and crew meshes. The lack of egos, the working for the greater good of the show. You know all of that has to be the cases, simply because of the pure gold they bring us and that feeling of just camaraderie that you know isn't just acting.

#34 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

As much as I love Neal/Peter, I really feel the Neal/Mozzie friendship is the heart of this show. I simply adore Mozzie but he is at his best with Neal. WG and MB are fantastic together. It is Mozzie that Neal tells everything to, never lies to, never cons, lets into every aspect of his life and that is something he cannot fully have with Peter. I would venture to say that Mozzie means more to Neal then Kate and even Peter. I just love how devoted and loyal a friend Mozzie is to Neal. Their is nothing Moz would not do for Neal and no matter his discpmfort with the FBI he will work with them, for Neal and it leads to some great Mozzie/Peter and Mozzie/Eli scenes. I loved Mozzie's glee at figuring out the music box code and Neal teasing him about making the fake file and how he smiles, as Mozzie says he has to live the file, Mozzie is the only character that really brings Neal's happiness and playfullness out. When Peter sent Neal away, he goes to Mozzie, where he gets understanding support and even though Mozzie clearly disapproves of his friends plans, he is so caring and worried for Neal that it never comes off harsh or antagonistic, towards Neal.

I pray Mozzie is ok although I wonder if it will cause him to pull back from helping the FBI as much and how it will affect his dynamic with Neal as Neal will most certainly carry alot of guilt for putting his friend in danger.

I do not know about anyone else but for me this season it has been the Neal/Mozzie friendship I feel is the shinning bright spot of the season. It is so clear Neal adores Mozzie and depends on and trusts him with everything and Mozzie would do anything for Neal and is the most loyal friend Neal could ask for. In fact Mozzie being Neal's sidekick or pocket sized pal and his being basically attached at the hip with Neal has been refrenced alot.

I think Mozzie being near death and shot will be a harder blow for Neal then Kate or almost loosing Peter. I have no doubt MB will sell it but I hope they do not rob us of worried overprotective friend Neal in regards to Moz and some hospital scenes with Neal/Eli and Neal/Peter.

#35 Ziggy85

Ziggy85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Recently I've been going back and watching Mozzie and Neal's friendship and it makes me love Mozzie even more. Doing anything for Neal and being loyal.

I agree with you with Neal being more effected by Mozzie getting shot than what happened to Kate. I'm with you on hoping they don't rob us of his reaction to it or even Mozzie's reaction to it, hopefully they won't rob us of that as well. Because of how guarded he is, there's gotta be repercussions to something that intense.

Hopefully Neal won't blame himself for what happened to Mozzie.

Quick thought, is it just me or does Mozzie really not like Alex? Going back and watching past episodes, he was giving me the idea that he isn't to fond of her.

"She looks like a Venus de Milo, but she prefers to be called Traci with an I"- Shawn Spencer
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Sglab

Sglab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Yay found the thread. I think this is shaping up to be an interesting season for Neal and Mozzie's relationship. It will be interesting to see how things go.

#37 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 22,567 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yay found the thread. I think this is shaping up to be an interesting season for Neal and Mozzie's relationship. It will be interesting to see how things go.

Yes, this season is very interesting as it relates to Mozzie. I have to admit that I've been pretty annoyed with Mozzie this season after having loved him for the first two seasons. He keeps pushing Neal to leave with the treasure and that's not what a good friend should be doing. Mozzie will have to do a 180 in order to redeem himself before I'll go back to loving him again.

Edited by LI_Ann, 18 July 2011 - 06:21 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#38 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Yes, this season is very interesting as it relates to Mozzie. I have to admit that I've been pretty annoyed with Mozzie this season after having loved him for the first two seasons. He keeps pushing Neal to leave with the treasure and that's not what a good friend should be doing. Mozzie will have to do a 180 in order to redeem himself before I'll go back to loving him again.

Amen. The more Mozzie pushes the more I want him to go away.

#39 Deej1957

Deej1957

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

Mozzie getting laid was hilarious.

The ending between Mozzie and Neal was heartbreaking, but not surprising :-(
Love shared by two people is precious and to be celebrated...no matter if it be two men, two women, or one of each. God said: love one another as I love you. He did NOT say: hate those who love differently than you.
~*~*~*~*~

www.michaelshanks-online.com Michael Shanks Online--the Official site for all things Shanks.

#40 cordelia

cordelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

I wonder why Mozzie is pushing so hard (other than as a plot device to reflect the pull on Neal to the con life). He is concerned delay will lead to discovery, and he espouses a philosophy of no entanglements, of being free to leave. But he isn't leaving. He didn't need Neal to relocate the treasure, and he doesn't need Neal to sell it. So it seems to me he is violating his own code by staying. I'm liking Mozzie even more this season than in the previous two; he's more developed and we're seeing glimpses of his life away from Neal (book club with June, chatting with El). He seemed to do well enough on his own while Neal was in prison. So he must really have formed a bond with Neal. Trust is an ongoing theme to WC, and within what limits various characters trust each other continues to fascinate.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved