• Please log in to reply
361 replies to this topic

#1 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

:)Okay,  the hunt is on!  What could possibly be inside of the Amber Music Box that
would make all Neal's treasures pale in comparison?

#2 SeasonFinale

SeasonFinale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

:)Okay, the hunt is on! What could possibly be inside of the Amber Music Box that

- A set of songs that hold high sentimental value to certain people, often for specific emotional reasons. Melodies that remind people of distant pasts long forgotten, often as they get busy in the world.

- A tune/piece of music that unlocks a door to treasures in Europe using a sound enabled code. Catchy tune that's only found in the box.

- A key/artifact that unlocks a door to a large treasure vault only accessible by owning the amber box.

- A small relic that belonged to Henry the VIII or someone of vast prestige.

Or my main guess, nearly all of the above.

#3 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

:)Okay, the hunt is on! What could possibly be inside of the Amber Music Box that

I have absolutely no idea. Just wanted to tell you its a terrific thread.
Posted Image

#4 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

Maybe it just holds high sentimental value to someone? Psh, who am I kidding, it probably has launch codes or something hidden in it. Maybe it holds incriminating evidence against whoever killed Fowler's family. They never actually said if the guy who did it was ever caught, and it would justify the extensive lengths he's gone to to get it.

Great thread!

Edited by Channel_Surfer, 21 January 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#5 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

I'm with Nancee on this one.

I have absolutely no idea but I do love the idea of this thread!

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#6 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

I'm with Nancee on this one.

I have absolutely no idea but I do love the idea of this thread!

well thank you!

I think the Amber Music Box is going to put Neal back on track to be a thief. Mozzie said
"welcome back" or something like that after Neal indicated he didn't have it but was going
to get it. How will Neal steal it and Peter or Fowler not notice? Neal has that anklet giving Peter
and Fowler access to his every move. If Neal's on assignment without the anklet and ditches
him for a bit to do the stealing, then the trust between them is broken and Peter might reconsider
their arrangement.

#7 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

well thank you!

I think the Amber Music Box is going to put Neal back on track to be a thief. Mozzie said
"welcome back" or something like that after Neal indicated he didn't have it but was going
to get it. How will Neal steal it and Peter or Fowler not notice? Neal has that anklet giving Peter
and Fowler access to his every move. If Neal's on assignment without the anklet and ditches
him for a bit to do the stealing, then the trust between them is broken and Peter might reconsider
their arrangement.

Who says Peter will find out if he skips on a removable tracker? If/when he steals the music box it would most likely be at night, off the clock, when his GPS should place him at June's house anyway. Of course I realize that since this is TV Peter will find out, but maybe we'll get to see Peter's passive-aggressive side now that we've seen Neal's.

Crap, I've already started dreaming up the whole scenario. Neal leaves his pen/watch/whatever at June's place while he goes and gets the music box, but Peter decides to swing by to discuss a case and sees Neal's temporary tracker lying on a table. When Peter sees it he either waits in Neal's loft like a parent who's kid is out past their curfew and scares the crap out of him, or plays passive-aggressive all the next day before confronting Neal.

Borderline fan fiction speculation over.

#8 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

well thank you!

their arrangement.

You don't know how to be in two places at once for a short period of time?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

#9 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,518 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

I think that Kate knows Neal doesn't have the music box and that this is an attempt to get him to steal it.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#10 cordelia

cordelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hmm. The music box is made of amber, and fossils and suchlike are in amber. So what could be in the amber?
Dinosaur DNA? Oh, sorry, that was Jurassic Park.
A germ that if released today in an environment with no effective anti-infective would destroy the world and therefore be good for blackmailing governments? Oh, sorry, I think that was Andromeda Strain.
The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything? Oh, sorry, I think Deep Thought of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy answered that (the answer is 42).
Or, because the music box is the key item for Kate/her handler/whoever, it may hide a key: to a safety deposit box with a treasure map to begin a series of mysterious clues, or with rare coins/stamps/whatever, or with the serial number to a numbered account someplace, or with proof of Kate's/handler's dastardly deeds; or to a vault with all the artwork stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum, the biggest art theft ever; or the key to Neal's heart, whatever that object may be.
Or it could be the music itself, perhaps serving as tones to open something rather than a key opening it, as already suggested elsewhere in this thread; or as a trigger for some catastrophe; or to calm the savage breast (Congreve, not Shakespeare) and bring about world peace (and make Kate a really good guy).
I'll probably be thinking of more things instead of working tomorrow!

#11 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

I think that Kate knows Neal doesn't have the music box and that this is an attempt to get him to steal it.

Makes me wonder what's inside, why does she want THAT.

#12 Kidding

Kidding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

That's kind of where I'm coming from. I think Kate knows he doesn't have it.

I'm thinking either the real target is whoever actually stole it or something else that that person holds.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 SeasonFinale

SeasonFinale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:52 AM

Maybe it just holds high sentimental value to someone? Psh, who am I kidding, it probably has launch codes or something hidden in it. Maybe it holds incriminating evidence against whoever killed Fowler's family. They never actually said if the guy who did it was ever caught, and it would justify the extensive lengths he's gone to to get it.

Great thread!

(Major out of left field theory mode) Maybe, the music box contains evidence that proves Peter Burke was at the scene of the crime or had some loose connection to the killers. It would explain why Fowler has been turning over every rock to get it. It could also contain some songs that are important to somebody, but those would have no importance to Fowler. Gangsters somehow convinced Fowler the Box holds evidence linked to Peter, maybe even planted it there themselves? How is it that Fowler does not know Peter passed a message to Kate after rummaging through his desk as revealed in Hard Sell? Murder case is cold, file is sealed.

#14 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

What if the box is.................. Pandora's Box...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

#15 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

What if the box is.................. Pandora's Box...

Then we will have to switch to "The Librarian" series!
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#16 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

Thought you might like to see what the Amber Room of Catherine the Great looks like:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Nancee, 22 January 2010 - 12:34 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

^^ Funny, that's what my bedroom looks like.

...Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating. Just a little.

So what's in the music box?

It has a delightful little bird that spins around and flaps its wings. Cunningly wrought from the most beautiful amber known to mankind, it has ruby eyes and has gold trim to add detail and interest. If you remove the bird from the box and press it into a small nook in the Tower of London, it opens a secret stair case to the Magic Cave of Wonder, where a crystal lake with the purest water in the universe is. You take the Golden Gondola across the lake to a small island that has a tree that grows money.

And you thought that it was just an expression your parents use to stiff you out of an allowance. Ha! I know the truth!

In the event that my mystical cave theory tanks, I do also submit that the music box is not what the person or Kate wants. This is a way to try to get Neal to show them where his stash is. Won't they be surprised to know he doesn't really have the box? ^.^

Now that Peter has tipped his hand on how much he cares about Neal, will these people use that to manipulate Peter? Or will they try to use Peter and/or Elizabeth to get to Neal?

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#18 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

Thought you might like to see what the Amber Room of Catherine the Great looks like:

Thanks for the images.
Cathy

#19 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for the images.

:D
Posted Image

#20 Kidding

Kidding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

that's what Putin spent a billion dollars restoring? Gaudy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved