1334 replies to this topic

#41 barbara_ann

barbara_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

Only 5 more episodes for the season...

I cant believe that there are only 5 episodes left of season 1 already it seams as though it just started. I was looking at the schedule on usa and noticed that WC will not be on at 10pm on feb 16th due to the akc dog show, so that will be one week longer with the finale on march 9th until who knows how long after that for season 2 I hope its in June(4months) long long time. going to be going threw Neal Caffrey withdrawals.

#42 Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

They've really clobbered me by moving to tuesday. I expect to be tied up during the week in the future. Best I can manage for now it the old vcr. Things like Nielsen ratings give me the shudders though. I and other family members sure noted that what WE liked didn't seem to be counted! I'm glad at least that there are more options now for catching one's favorites: alternate days, the internet, on demand etc. But if the ratings could count how many times I've even watched the White Collar reruns I'd really be jacking it up!

If you can stay up, WC does repeat at 1:00 AM ET/PT on Tuesdays (early Wednesdays) and I believe also at Midnight ET Wednesday nights.

Interesting on Hulu and the ratings, especially since some in Hollywood (most notably Law & Order Creator Dick Wolf) are completely opposed to online streaming. I wonder how many more shows will go to Hulu for the 2010-'11 season?

Walt

Want to discuss stuff that isn't on USA Network or television for that matter? Join me (where I'm a moderator) on the NEW Too Smart To Fail Forum by clicking here!

#43 Kidding

Kidding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Crap! Just remember Lost premieres against this ep. WC is going to get hammered.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

It's Tuesday folks. New episode tonight and TV By The Numbers has last weeks rating out.

TV By The Numbers

We also made Hulu's top 20 list!

Hulu Top Shows

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#45 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

It's Tuesday folks. New episode tonight and TV By The Numbers has last weeks rating out.

TV By The Numbers

We also made Hulu's top 20 list!

Hulu Top Shows

Since when are there 5 NCIS shows?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

#46 Kidding

Kidding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

USA repeats NCIS episodes like it's going out of style.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 22,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

I know that looks odd but they count individual episode viewing for the week.

Edited by LI_Ann, 02 February 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#48 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 22,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

Sorry for double posting but I know you're all going to want to see this.
I'll put it in the News thread too.

USA Network Press Release - February 2, 2010 as reported by The Futon Critic

USA Breaks January Record

Edited by LI_Ann, 02 February 2010 - 09:38 PM.

#49 TwoWolves

TwoWolves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

Sorry for double posting but I know you're all going to want to see this.
I'll put it in the New thread too.

USA Network Press Release - February 2, 2010 as reported by The Futon Critic

USA Breaks January Record

Congrats to USA et al......but I'm still confused by all these polls.......do cable shows go head to head with Network shows in he ratings game.....and if they do does it matter that cable shows run the same show twice a night on the West Coast...once at 7 and again at 10?? Does that compute in the final viewer numbers??

Is TNT a cable station? I never see any of their shows listed such as The Closer or Leverage which are two of the most interesting shows on T.V. ..........But I see CW and Fox have to go up against the giants NBC, CBS and ABC which makes no sense of apples to apples ratings. In short I'm not really sure what the 19 - 35 male demographic is more important than the 21-45 male demographic or even why a male age 31 wouldn't work in both demographics?

Nor can I understand why shows that have good ratings get cancelled which happens often....can I take a night school, extension, correspondence course from a CC to explain this all to me?? :blink:

"all right let's not get all conjugal here"

#50 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 22,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

Congrats to USA et al......but I'm still confused by all these polls.......do cable shows go head to head with Network shows in he ratings game.....and if they do does it matter that cable shows run the same show twice a night on the West Coast...once at 7 and again at 10?? Does that compute in the final viewer numbers??

Is TNT a cable station? I never see any of their shows listed such as The Closer or Leverage which are two of the most interesting shows on T.V. ..........But I see CW and Fox have to go up against the giants NBC, CBS and ABC which makes no sense of apples to apples ratings. In short I'm not really sure what the 19 - 35 male demographic is more important than the 21-45 male demographic or even why a male age 31 wouldn't work in both demographics?

Nor can I understand why shows that have good ratings get cancelled which happens often....can I take a night school, extension, correspondence course from a CC to explain this all to me?? :blink:

Good questions, TwoWolves.

I'm not sure I can answer them since I'm so not a believer in the ratings numbers nor do I understand them.
Nevertheless, I'll give it a shot.

It appears (to me at least) that they list the cable show ratings separately from the other networks, i.e., CBS, NBC, ABC.

TNT is a cable station and I'm a big fan of The Closer and Leverage too.

FOX is (or was) considered a broadcast station just like ABC, CBS, and NBC. On my cable (here in NY), FOX is listed as WNYW whatever that means. Of course nothing is really broadcast anymore (I think) since the digital conversion. Which makes no sense to me because people with antennas could get a digital conversion box so I assume there's digital moonbeams bombarding my brain now instead of the old analog ones.

I don't understand the age demographic either since I don't understand how they (Nielsen) can know who is watching the show in a Nielsen family house at any particular moment in time. It could be the babysitter or the dog!

I know that some of the ratings include DVR plus 7 numbers. I would think that would also include the later hour viewers. Do I know this for sure? No.

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

#51 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Anyone have last nights ratings? I am curious how the show did against the big LOST premire.

#52 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

I don't understand the age demographic either since I don't understand how they (Nielsen) can know who is watching the show in a Nielsen family house at any particular moment in time. It could be the babysitter or the dog!

Nielsen families keep "logs".
:rolleyes:

The overnight ratings from tvbythenumbers:

White Collar
- 2.892 million viewers
- 1.9/3 HH
- 0.9/2 A18-49

Edited by Nancee, 04 February 2010 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image

#53 MonetsLily

MonetsLily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Nielsen families keep "logs".
:rolleyes:

The overnight ratings from tvbythenumbers:

White Collar
- 2.892 million viewers
- 1.9/3 HH
- 0.9/2 A18-49

There is no way that those are our ratings? That would be the lowest in the shows run? That cannot be right.
I know You know that
I'm not telling the truth
I know you know they
Just don't have any proof
Embrace the deception, learn how to bend
Your worst inhibitions,
They will Psych you out in the end

#54 Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

There is no way that those are our ratings? That would be the lowest in the shows run? That cannot be right.

Probably is about right for this week. In addition to LOST on ABC (which didn't even win its timeslot), WC also aired also opposite The Good Wife on CBS and The Biggest Loser on NBC, both of which did very well.

Don't forget, when the schedule for this week was done up, NBC-Universal assumed WC would be opposite Jay Leno on NBC, NOT The Biggest Loser.

I wonder how many people like me saw the 1:00 AM ET/PT repeat of WC (or the repeat Wednesday night at Midnight ET/PT)? Those numbers may give a better indication of how WC is doing overall.

Edited by Wallyhorse, 04 February 2010 - 12:58 AM.

Walt

Want to discuss stuff that isn't on USA Network or television for that matter? Join me (where I'm a moderator) on the NEW Too Smart To Fail Forum by clicking here!

#55 indis_guise

indis_guise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:11 AM

Oh my, the numbers are bad. Really bad. And right now I am very glad that we already have a second season.

Compared to last week we lost 1.4 million viewers! Lost being the key word here, heh. At least I hope so.

The demo was down 31 percent from last week. "Book of Hours" had a 0.9 demo as well but with a million more total viewers! *scratches head*

I wonder whether The Good Wife" was part of the problem. It aired a new episode this week. I don't watch that show but isn't it another crime show? Maybe there is crossover audience with White Collar. Lost will go away next week but The Good Wife won't.

#56 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

Check it out:
http://tvbythenumber...e-of-lost/41059
Posted Image

#57 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

Moving the show from the Friday slot was a huge mistake. We need to get out of Tues. I hope next season or the remaining episodes they move the show back to Friday or Lost will sloater us.

Those numbers make me so sad becuase the show is so good.

#58 Kidding

Kidding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

Moving the show from the Friday slot was a huge mistake. We need to get out of Tues. I hope next season or the remaining episodes they move the show back to Friday or Lost will sloater us.

Those numbers make me so sad becuase the show is so good.

Um. I don't think the show goes against Lost ever again. The Forgotten is back next week. NBC's 10pm spot doesn't relaunch until like March and by then the season's almost over.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 Alexis626

Alexis626

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

I try not to lose sleep over ratings numbers. I don't visit the "TV by the Numbers" site, but noticed that there are different ratings numbers on this Wikipedia page...

List of White Collar episodes

They are showing 3.94 million viewers for "Vital Signs". Not sure if either source will make any changes to what they have posted.

"The Book of Hours" which was the third "White Collar" episode has a tally on this Wikipedia site of 3.85 million viewers, so the show has had lower ratings, and bounced back before.

I expected a small dip because of the show moving to a new night, and because we were going to be up against the premiere of the sixth and final season of "Lost".

I have never been interested enough to watch even one episode of that show, but I have many friends who do watch it, so I expected we might take a hit in the numbers.

Edited by Alexis626, 04 February 2010 - 11:54 AM.

#60 PennNova

PennNova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

I try not to lose sleep over ratings numbers. I don't visit the "TV by the Numbers" site, but noticed that there are different ratings numbers on this Wikipedia page...

List of White Collar episodes

They are showing 3.94 million viewers for "Vital Signs". Not sure if either source will make any changes to what they have posted.

"The Book of Hours" which was the third "White Collar" episode has a tally on this Wikipedia site of 3.85 million viewers, so the show has had lower ratings, and bounced back before.

I expected a small dip because of the show moving to a new night, and because we were going to be up against the premiere of the sixth and final season of "Lost".

I have never been interested enough to watch even one episode of that show, but I have many friends who do watch it, so I expected we might take a hit in the numbers.

Alexis, if you look at the wikipedia article, the source it lists for the 3.94 million viewers is tvbythenumbers. However, it is the wrong tvbythenumbers article. If you click on the cited article, it talks about the midseason premiere, not the latest episode. The numbers for the latest episode, reported by Nielson, was the 2.8 million number.

I agree with those saying it's good White Collar already got a second season and, if it continues to struggle in the Tuesday time slot, it will hopefully be moved back to Friday.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved