978 replies to this topic

#1 Maira

Maira

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:41 AM

Because

The only people who really have any reason to be sifting through message boards are the writers, and last time I checked no one has bothered to give the poor souls a fan club...

Thank you!

:D

Everything I know about
seduction
I learned from
Captain Jack Harkness
(I know I'm a geek, but that's what you love about me. It's okay, you can admit it.)

#2 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

Because

Thank you!

:D

Hahaha! I didn't really expect anyone to do it! Anyway, thank you, writers, for giving me an excellent excuse to put off schoolwork, as well as an opportunity to bask in wonderful writing for the first time in... years really. Keep up the good work!

#3 xDannix

xDannix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

the writers are awesome, and this fan club was an amazing idea.

(:
and as a writer, I have to say, they inspire me.
I could never, ever, come up with the amazing things they do (:

Props to them!

#4 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:31 AM

the writers are awesome, and this fan club was an amazing idea.

(:
and as a writer, I have to say, they inspire me.
I could never, ever, come up with the amazing things they do (:

Props to them!

I agree. Writers: If you happen to pass this while stiffling laughter at our speculations:

You Guys Are So Totally Amazing, Awesome, Imaginitive, Inventive, Creative etc. etc.

Need I say more?
Posted Image Plus Posted Image Equals happy Me!!

#5 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

I agree. Writers: If you happen to pass this while stiffling laughter at our speculations:

You Guys Are So Totally Amazing, Awesome, Imaginitive, Inventive, Creative etc. etc.

Need I say more?

Great job writers!

<whispers: ...but if there was a show with Matt just standing around doing nothing
I would still watch.... :P >

#6 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,557 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

On the Burn Notice forum, someone mentioned that a few of the Burn Notice writers will be doing some writing for White Collar next season. I can't confirm that or give you names but that's the buzz.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#7 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

On the Burn Notice forum, someone mentioned that a few of the Burn Notice writers will be doing some writing for White Collar next season. I can't confirm that or give you names but that's the buzz.

Ooo, oo! I really hope it's true. (Then maybe some people's dreams will be fufilled and Bruce Campbell will appear on White Collar)

#8 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

You guys are gonna hate me for this, and I apologize in advance, but I really have to say OH DEAR GAWD PLEASE NOOOOOOO!!!!!! ahem. I feel much better now. Needless to say I'm not a huge fan of Burn Notice. I haven't watched enough of the episodes to really get a feel for the writing, but the acting was just excruciating, and the female lead's face is so frozen by botox that she can hardly speak.

I am fully prepared for the wave of hate mail that will shortly flood my inbox, but I don't take back what I said.

Edited by Channel_Surfer, 03 January 2010 - 08:48 PM.

#9 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

You guys are gonna hate me for this, and I apologize in advance, but I really have to say OH DEAR GAWD PLEASE NOOOOOOO!!!!!! ahem. I feel much better now. Needless to say I'm not a huge fan of Burn Notice. I haven't watched enough of the episodes to really get a feel for the writing, but the acting was just excruciating, and the female lead's face is so frozen by botox that she can hardly speak.

I am fully prepared for the wave of hate mail that will shortly flood my inbox, but I don't take back what I said.

I haven't liked what I've seen of Burn Notice either. Dunno if it is the script or the acting.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

#10 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

I haven't liked what I've seen of Burn Notice either. Dunno if it is the script or the acting.

Oh ok good, so at least it's not just me.

#11 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

Oh ok good, so at least it's not just me.

You guys are like my mum. She loves some, hates others.

#12 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

I remember watching the first coupla eps of Burn Notice just to see Bruce, and
there wasn't enough of him, and I didn't like the lead actor or his girlfriend. Then
I gave it a further chance and watched more of season one and it got interesting, then
season two was really good...and so on (there was much more Bruce too).
It took several episodes into season one for me to get hooked and to like all the
characters. I don't know if you tried several episodes to get into the story arc, but
if not, maybe give it another chance. The lead actor did bug me too at first, but
its just a different/unique character that makes sense after a few eps.

#13 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm going to add in here that when the White Collar writers have Neal doing
late night work and thinking about cases, it is absolutely brilliant when they
have Neal walking around in his pajama bottoms (and nothing else)

#14 xDannix

xDannix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:15 AM

<whispers: ...but if there was a show with Matt just standing around doing nothing
I would still watch.... :P >

agreed.

I'm going to add in here that when the White Collar writers have Neal doing
late night work and thinking about cases, it is absolutely brilliant when they
have Neal walking around in his pajama bottoms (and nothing else)

Lolz
Fe amuses me with all her explosive tendancies. But that guy. OMG COULD HE BE MORE EMOTIONLESS.
Idk if the character is supposed to be that way or what. And I hate to hear him talk.
Other than the bad acting the show is good, writing wise anyway.
I just think the casting director needed to choose a little more carefully.

Edited by xDannix, 04 January 2010 - 01:19 AM.

#15 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

...The lead actor did bug me too at first...

He has a creepy smile....

#16 Siibi

Siibi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

the writing staff is doing an AMAZING job! they are great and i thank them for writing this good :D

#17 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

the writing staff is doing an AMAZING job! they are great and i thank them for writing this good :D

Some of the most believable dialogue I've ever seen. Hooked me from the very beginning and hasn't let up.

....good reason not to drag you back in chains....

Does my minute start now?

Go!
:lol:
Posted Image

#18 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

Absolutely true, and thank you for getting us back on topic. I noticed we were deviating from our original topic and I was starting to worry that this would inadvertently become the White Collar vs Burn Notice thread.

#19 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Absolutely true, and thank you for getting us back on topic. I noticed we were deviating from our original topic and I was starting to worry that this would inadvertently become the White Collar vs Burn Notice thread.

Another favorite is from the pilot.

When Neal comes down the stairs and he and Peter have that conversation before they leave. "Sour Grapes".... It is not only believable, but it defines their personalities in just a few seconds. Brilliant.

Edited by Nancee, 04 January 2010 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

I still think my favorite is when Neal stops by the Burke house and activates his tracker. Peter gets all worked only to find Neal in his living room. Hahaha his expression was priceless, and the dialogue was perfect!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved