978 replies to this topic

#41 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

I'm looking forward to season 2, but does anyone else think the most understated and brilliantly funny bit of dialog was Mozzie's reply when asked about his law degree? "University of Phoenix, Go Cardinals!" That is freakin' hilarious!!

(For those of you lacking the sports-fan gene, University of Phoenix is a continuing ed type institution. I think most of us think of UofP as online classes only, but they actually do have classrooms scattered around the country. They bought the naming rights to the stadium that the NFL Cardinals play in, hence the wit in Mozzie's reply.)

Thanks for the tidbit.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#42 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 22,556 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

I'm looking forward to season 2, but does anyone else think the most understated and brilliantly funny bit of dialog was Mozzie's reply when asked about his law degree? "University of Phoenix, Go Cardinals!" That is freakin' hilarious!!

(For those of you lacking the sports-fan gene, University of Phoenix is a continuing ed type institution. I think most of us think of UofP as online classes only, but they actually do have classrooms scattered around the country. They bought the naming rights to the stadium that the NFL Cardinals play in, hence the wit in Mozzie's reply.)

Welcome to the White Collar Forum, SeattleFan!

I loved Mozzie's University of Phoenix line. I have to admit that the "go Cardinals" part did a fly-by right over my head. I am intentionally uninformed about anything football. Baseball is the only sport I ever watch but thanks for the insight into the "go Cardinals" part of Mozzie's comment. That made it even funnier.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#43 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Kudos and congratulations to Jim Campolongo and Joe Henderson for a terrific job on Hard Sell. Great episode.Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#44 Kidding

Kidding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

One thing nagging me since the series began and Hard Sell exasperated was that photo. I understand Mozzie's character "gets things done" but the fact that image lands on Peter's desk and Mozzie gets a hold of it as well is just beyond coincidence. Kate wasn't even using her real name if I remember correctly.

I did enjoy the chess analogy. Great job by the writers.

Edited by Kidding, 20 January 2010 - 02:16 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 SeasonFinale

SeasonFinale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Gracias, and a job well done for another great season!

#46 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

"I'm going to go rummage through your drawers and steal your most precious belongings." Best line ever! I love seeing Neal torment Peter like that. Great episode!

Would anyone mind if I started a Quotes thread?

Edited by Channel_Surfer, 20 January 2010 - 04:18 PM.

#47 barbara_ann

barbara_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

I just want to thank the writers of White Collar and Hard Sell for a great episode with lots of twist and turns. I was sitting on the edge of my seat most of the show waiting for some info about Free fall finale, and when Neal went up those stairs and saw the ring on Peter my heart stopped and I screamed no not Peter. I loved the wayyou had Neal give Peter digs most of the night after seeing that pic . I love the characters of Peter and Neal. Keep up the good writing and hope for White Collar to be on more than 2 season, hope its on as long as Law and Order SVU or NCIS my other two favortite shows.

#48 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

"I'm going to go rummage through your drawers and steal your most precious belongings." Best line ever! I love seeing Neal torment Peter like that. Great episode!

Please do. I was going to do that as well. I think it would be great.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#49 Maira

Maira

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

Thank you! Thank you so much, writers! Thank you for not making Peter evil!

Everything I know about
seduction
I learned from
Captain Jack Harkness
(I know I'm a geek, but that's what you love about me. It's okay, you can admit it.)

#50 kiddo

kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

Kudos to Jim Campolongo and Joe Henderson for another really great episode.

I think they are so talented and love the episodes they have been credited for, although I am certian they are involved in mostly all of the episodes written.

Two really good writers.

#51 xDannix

xDannix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

The writing in this show continues to amaze me. It's just brilliant (:
I hope to be that good one day (:

Edited by xDannix, 20 January 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#52 cpamom

cpamom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

FYI, University of Phoenix is an accredited university that offers, Batchelor, Masters, and Doctrate degrees.....but no law degree currently.

Edited by cpamom, 24 January 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#53 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

Peter deserves to be tormented. He gets in some good ones with Neal:

Free Fall:

You don't see this everyday, unless you're you (or something like that).
Cathy

#54 ArtOfMe

ArtOfMe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

The writers did an amazing job with both Hard Sell and Free Fall. They were both amazingly written episodes. Especially in Hard Sell with the way there are all these underlying themes and symbols and parallels going on through the episode. Genius.

#55 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Laughed at the agent from Dallas being named Landry. Another NFL reference?
Posted Image

#56 Channel_Surfer

Channel_Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

I was just watching the Pilot for about the umpteenth time, and I noticed that there is absolutely no dialogue for the first 2 minutes or so. The fact that the hook of the first episode is more or less silent, but still manages to keep us riveted is truly commendable. Phenomenal episode, and also still my favorite :P

You guys are doing great, keep it up!

#57 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

I was just watching the Pilot for about the umpteenth time, and I noticed that there is absolutely no dialogue for the first 2 minutes or so. The fact that the hook of the first episode is more or less silent, but still manages to keep us riveted is truly commendable. Phenomenal episode, and also still my favorite :P

You guys are doing great, keep it up!

:lol: Tell me, who wouldn't watch a handsome guy shaving and cleaning up in a "water closet" on a toilet where he just happens to have a stash of clothes sealed in plastic???? :lol:

Edited by Nancee, 23 January 2010 - 09:40 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

One thing nagging me since the series began and Hard Sell exasperated was that photo. I understand Mozzie's character "gets things done" but the fact that image lands on Peter's desk and Mozzie gets a hold of it as well is just beyond coincidence. Kate wasn't even using her real name if I remember correctly.

I did enjoy the chess analogy. Great job by the writers.

Speaking of the chess analogy...

Neal starts off as the pawn in the first scene and ends up as the knight-in-shining-armour in the final scene.

(And, me thinks, he's off to save the fair damsel-in-distress, Kate....)

Where's that Joe Henderson when you need him? :lol:
Posted Image

#59 pbsneakers

pbsneakers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

Kudos to you writers of White Collar. Love all of the shows as there are lines and subtle things in each show that can be missed if you don't watch and listen carefully.

I really think that Free Fall was a great episode. I am curious to know if anyone else has looked at the Bakery Name and came to the same conclusion that I did. The name of the Bakery is The Greatest Cake. If this is said quickly in a certain way, it comes out as "The Great Escape" which it truly was. It took me several days to come up with that. Think that is terrific if that is what the writers intended for it to be. Maybe someone will let me know about it.

I am a first time poster so please forgive me if I mess up this time or someone has already mentioned this. I tried to read where I thought it would be posted and this is the only place that looked good to me. I enjoy all of the postings--some pretty far out in left field but interesting anyway.

#60 xDannix

xDannix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

Where's that Joe Henderson when you need him? :lol:

Oh, he's probably lurking somewhere >_>
But, yes, it's pretty epic when he talks to us :D

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved