Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

Who Would You Like To See on White Collar?

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#1 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

Just a thread to ask everyone who they would like to see on WC. My pick would be Michael Weatherly, Jeffery Donovan or James Roday. Who would you like?

Edited by Kimbee, 31 December 2009 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image Plus Posted Image Equals happy Me!!

#2 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

Just a thread to ask everyone who they would like to see on WC. My pick would be Michael Weatherly, Jeffery Donovan or James Roday. Who would you like?

I would like to see characters from the other shows on as well. Remember when Laurence Fishbourn appeared on all three CSI's to solve a case?

It would have to be a character from the same network, NCIS reruns are on USA but original programs are on CBS. Jeffery Donovan could appear, as well as characters from Psych, In Plain Sight, and Law and Order Criminal Intent. What would be neat for the agents from the Behavorial Analysis Unit on Criminal Minds trying to profile Neal (or even funnier, profiling Mozzie).
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#3 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

Possibly Victor Garber as Neal's father. Rick Herst as a relative of Neal's becuase RH and MB look alot alike.

I would love to see Eliza Dushku on White Collar, possibly as a Lauren recast or replacement. Possibly Leena Hedley, who is beautiful, sexyy and can be badass, as a bad girl who crosses paths with Neal and Peter.

Edited by hvstmn316, 31 December 2009 - 02:54 PM.

#4 MonetsLily

MonetsLily

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

I would like Amiee Garcia to come on as a romantic interest for Neal and either replace Kate or Agent Lauren Cruz.
I know You know that
I'm not telling the truth
I know you know they
Just don't have any proof
Embrace the deception, learn how to bend
Your worst inhibitions,
They will Psych you out in the end

#5 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

I would like to see characters from the other shows on as well. Remember when Laurence Fishbourn appeared on all three CSI's to solve a case?

It would have to be a character from the same network, NCIS reruns are on USA but original programs are on CBS. Jeffery Donovan could appear, as well as characters from Psych, In Plain Sight, and Law and Order Criminal Intent. What would be neat for the agents from the Behavorial Analysis Unit on Criminal Minds trying to profile Neal (or even funnier, profiling Mozzie).

hmmm, good point. In Australia, actors can switch networks and do different shows whenever they want.

I'd also LOVE to see a movie actor, like Hugh Jackman in there... but maybe not so famous and busy as him...

#6 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,269 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

This thread was a good idea Kimbee. I'll have to think about who I would like to see on White Collar.

These posts are from the "Robert Wagner on White Collar" thread. This is where they belong so that's where I put them. The moderators will delete the other thread. We can't have a thread for each person we'd like to see on the show.

I think it would be great episode (or multiple) to have Robert Wagner reprise his role as AL Mundy on this series, as this series is a modern version of his "It takes a thief" series

I agree with you! It would be great to see Robert Wagner reprise his role ...possibly as Neal's father or mentor. I know Robert Wagner is scheduled to be Tony's father on NCIS but would still be great to see the connection between It Takes A Thief and White Collar!

These two shows are not the same at all. Thief was hired by the government
to steal and worked alone in European exotic locations. White Collar is the
buddy cop type show (teamwork) with elements of comedy and has a underlying
story arc (Kate mystery) as much as it is about catching the bad guy.

Here's a link where Jeff Eastin talks about the team show influences
http://www.mediablvd...0910141880.html

Every family sit com is not based on Leave it to Beaver or whatever family show that was on
before, so I don't know why Thief and White Collar are called similar.
Eastin refers to 48 Hours and Lethal Weapon buddy elements as the influence

I do not think he should reprise his old role, as I do not see this as some continutation, just a great show, in the same vein as the classic crime/ spy shows of old. However, I DO think Wagner would be a great one to take on a role. He could play an old theif, or some such. Even (as someone said) Neal's father. He is awesome and brings back some of the classic style the show invokes.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#7 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Morgan Freeman as a seemingly unstoppable smooth and sophisticated high end con that
wants the stuff Neal took and gives both Peter and Neal a good game coming very close
to taking it all....but is not caught (kinda like their Moriarty)

#8 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,269 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

I would love to see Eliza Dushku on White Collar, possibly as a Lauren recast or replacement. Possibly Leena Hedley, who is beautiful, sexyy and can be badass, as a bad girl who crosses paths with Neal and Peter.

I would like Amiee Garcia to come on as a romantic interest for Neal and either replace Kate or Agent Lauren Cruz.

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who would love to see Agent Lauren Cruz replaced!

#9 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

Though I have enjoyed "It Takes a Thief" (it's still being rerun in the Chicago area) and Robert Wagner is a great actor, having Robert Wagner appear as Neal's dad, would not be consistent with Jeff Eastin's story. In several interviews, Matt Bomer stated that Neal's character came from a poor background and had to fight for whatever he had. A son of Al Mundy would not.

So, if the Al Mundy character would to appear on White Collar, it should not be as Neal's dad.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#10 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:33 PM

Wow! so many replies! (I didn't realise that there'd be so many!)

I'd really like it if someone (like a Morning chat show presenter) acted as a "Newspaper article writer" or something similar, intervewing Neal...

#11 BrandoBauer

BrandoBauer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:20 AM

Bruce Campbell. He could play the smuggest conman in the universe and it would be epic.

Sam Jackson would also be epic. Either as some kind of criminal overlord, or maybe as an FBI Agent from another division.

Tim Curry. He was great on Monk and on Psych and I'd love to see him show up here. But he'd have to be a criminal. :lol:

Also, in response to something someone else said, there's actually no rule stating that characters from different networks can't crossover... it just rarely ever happens because the networks compete with one another for ratings. Still, there HAVE been cases of this happening, although it is incredibly rare.

#12 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:24 AM

Bruce Campbell. He could play the smuggest conman in the universe and it would be epic.

Sam Jackson would also be epic. Either as some kind of criminal overlord, or maybe as an FBI Agent from another division.

Tim Curry. He was great on Monk and on Psych and I'd love to see him show up here. But he'd have to be a criminal. :lol:

Also, in response to something someone else said, there's actually no rule stating that characters from different networks can't crossover... it just rarely ever happens because the networks compete with one another for ratings. Still, there HAVE been cases of this happening, although it is incredibly rare.

Welcome to the WC forum, BrandoBauer, post often!

I didn't think about Bruce Cambell. He'd be Legendary!

I like your ideas.

Enjoy

#13 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Oh YES!!
Jeff Eastin could get his friends from the Burn Notice show to let him
borrow Bruce Campbell for a recurring guest starring character.

He could even come over as Sam (isn't he working with the FBI),
or be a relative/cousin of either Peter or Elle.

#14 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

other division.

It's contractual. The characters in a show are copyrighted and trademarked. If Monk were to appear in White Collar, the owners of the Monk copyright and trademark would have to give permission. That is why it's so rare. The only 'exception' would be to do a parody or satire of the character.
Cathy

#15 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

It's contractual. The characters in a show are copyrighted and trademarked. If Monk were to appear in White Collar, the owners of the Monk copyright and trademark would have to give permission. That is why it's so rare. The only 'exception' would be to do a parody or satire of the character.

Okay. Just to widen the view here, and increase the amount of possibilities, lets just say:

Inter-network relations don't apply here. Use any actor you want. No judgement here.

Let's just assume that using signature actors from other networks isn't borderline impossible. Put the name of anyone you want.

DISCLAIMER:

I don't have the power to make these people come on. It's just a thought exercise to keep our brains and imaginations going until the next episode.

#16 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

Okay. Just to widen the view here, and increase the amount of possibilities, lets just say:

Inter-network relations don't apply here. Use any actor you want. No judgement here.

Let's just assume that using signature actors from other networks isn't borderline impossible. Put the name of anyone you want.

DISCLAIMER:

I don't have the power to make these people come on. It's just a thought exercise to keep our brains and imaginations going until the next episode.

Actually, I think it's a fun subject. Our imaginations can go wild here. Could you picture the expression on Peter's face if he had to solve something with Shawn and Gus?
Cathy

#17 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,269 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Actually, I think it's a fun subject. Our imaginations can go wild here. Could you picture the expression on Peter's face if he had to solve something with Shawn and Gus?

That would be hilarious!

It would be really easy for them to do a crossover with Royal Pains since they're both filmed in the New York area. There could be some kind of heist out in the Hamptons that Peter and Neal investigate. Of course, my first choice would be a Burn Notice/White Collar crossover. Could you picture Peter having to work with Sam and Fiona?

#18 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

That would be hilarious!

It would be really easy for them to do a crossover with Royal Pains since they're both filmed in the New York area. There could be some kind of heist out in the Hamptons that Peter and Neal investigate. Of course, my first choice would be a Burn Notice/White Collar crossover. Could you picture Peter having to work with Sam and Fiona?

I would love a Burn Notice/White Collar crossover. I love both shows and having to watch Peter keep quiet while working with an arms dealer (Fiona) and all the stuff that Michael and Sam do would be a riot! Add Mozzie for some extra fun.
Cathy

#19 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,307 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

How about Pierce Brosnan (Remington Steele role)? Matt Bomer mentioned that he reviewed Ocean's 11 for inspiration, how about George Clooney's Danny Ocean showing up?
Cathy

#20 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,269 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

How about Pierce Brosnan (Remington Steele role)? Matt Bomer mentioned that he reviewed Ocean's 11 for inspiration, how about George Clooney's Danny Ocean showing up?

I'd love to have George Clooney show up anywhere :P but that would be a stretch for White Collar. They couldn't afford him.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved