Dog Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

http://www.cavalierd...s-for-the-gold/

'White Collar' goes for the gold
Fast-paced crime show offers quality acting, fun story lines

BY JULIE INGLES, STAFF WRITER on February 2, 2012These days, most TV shows are only average they are a little too predictable or maybe just a bit boring. Even most of this year's "good shows" are, at best, slightly above par they keep me interested, but they're not a "watching priority."

Fortunately, USA Network's addictive crime dramedy White Collar is anything but average. First airing in 2009, the show is now on the last half of its third season. Full of plot twists, fashionable clothes and believable acting, White Collar has become one of my favorite programs.

So this is a university newspaper. Maybe it will get a lot of younger people interested in tuning in. Good article. Thanks for posting. Is this where you went to school? I like that about Colin Firth. One of my favorite actors too.

#942 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

BY JULIE INGLES, STAFF WRITER on February 2, 2012These days, most TV shows are only average they are a little too predictable or maybe just a bit boring. Even most of this year's "good shows" are, at best, slightly above par they keep me interested, but they're not a "watching priority."

Fortunately, USA Network's addictive crime dramedy White Collar is anything but average. First airing in 2009, the show is now on the last half of its third season. Full of plot twists, fashionable clothes and believable acting, White Collar has become one of my favorite programs.

Set in New York City, White Collar has a very similar premise to Stephen Spielberg's 2002 flick Catch Me If You Can. The show follows the story of Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer), a hot, young con artist who got caught by the FBI. Caffrey was released from prison to work with the FBI, but still has to wear an ankle tracker. Tim DeKay stars as Peter Burke, Caffrey's boss and, incidentally, the man who originally caught him. Naturally, what started out as a grudging partnership between the two men turns into a brotherly camaraderie as Peter begins to understand Neal's wily mind and Neal comes to appreciate Peter's strong moral fibre. Together, the two form an unstoppable duo as they assist the FBI in combating white-collar crimes.

With Tiffani Thiessen starring as Burke's wife Elizabeth, and Willie Garson as Neal's eccentric partner-in-crime, Mozzie, the acting for the show is top-notch. You'll never be lacking for laughs with these two characters around. In each episode, the writers masterfully blend this natural comedy with the perfect amount of intensity.

The show has talent in spades, but it doesn't hurt that the cast is also good-looking. Bomer is arguably the most gorgeous man alive, and DeKay, with an uncanny resemblance to

Colin Firth, is no strain on the eyes. Granted, it can exacerbate any viewer's inferiority complex knowing that every main character on the show especially the female characters could walk down a runway at the drop of a hat. But if the worst I can say about a show is the characters all look beautiful and put-together, then I think we have a winner.

Upcoming episodes promise interesting developments and plot twists. In a recent episode, Neal showed his willingness to give up his legally questionable ways for Peter and

Elizabeth, unmasking a previously hidden vulnerable aspect of his character. The program also promises to show viewers the elusive conman's background. Until now, viewers have had very little idea of where Neal Caffrey comes from or even if that is his real name, but, according to season three trailers, followers can look forward to finally learning the true story of the man behind the con.

3.2 million people tuned in to the January 17th episode, and you'd be wise to join them. You can catch new episodes of "White Collar" on the USA channel at 10/9c.

Wonderful article, thank you for finding and posting it!!
Posted Image
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

#943 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Set in New York City, White Collar has a very similar premise to Stephen Spielberg's 2002 flick Catch Me If You Can. The show follows the story of Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer), a hot, young con artist who got caught by the FBI. Caffrey was released from prison to work with the FBI, but still has to wear an ankle tracker. Tim DeKay stars as Peter Burke, Caffrey's boss and, incidentally, the man who originally caught him. Naturally, what started out as a grudging partnership between the two men turns into a brotherly camaraderie as Peter begins to understand Neal's wily mind and Neal comes to appreciate Peter's strong moral fibre. Together, the two form an unstoppable duo as they assist the FBI in combating white-collar crimes.

With Tiffani Thiessen starring as Burke's wife Elizabeth, and Willie Garson as Neal's eccentric partner-in-crime, Mozzie, the acting for the show is top-notch. You'll never be lacking for laughs with these two characters around. In each episode, the writers masterfully blend this natural comedy with the perfect amount of intensity.

The show has talent in spades, but it doesn't hurt that the cast is also good-looking. Bomer is arguably the most gorgeous man alive, and DeKay, with an uncanny resemblance to

Colin Firth, is no strain on the eyes. Granted, it can exacerbate any viewer's inferiority complex knowing that every main character on the show especially the female characters could walk down a runway at the drop of a hat. But if the worst I can say about a show is the characters all look beautiful and put-together, then I think we have a winner.

Upcoming episodes promise interesting developments and plot twists. In a recent episode, Neal showed his willingness to give up his legally questionable ways for Peter and

Elizabeth, unmasking a previously hidden vulnerable aspect of his character. The program also promises to show viewers the elusive conman's background. Until now, viewers have had very little idea of where Neal Caffrey comes from or even if that is his real name, but, according to season three trailers, followers can look forward to finally learning the true story of the man behind the con.

3.2 million people tuned in to the January 17th episode, and you'd be wise to join them. You can catch new episodes of "White Collar" on the USA channel at 10/9c.

Wow, really great article!

S6%2Bsig%2Bcopy.jpg

#944 debmart

debmart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

So this is a university newspaper. Maybe it will get a lot of younger people interested in tuning in. Good article. Thanks for posting. Is this where you went to school? I like that about Colin Firth. One of my favorite actors too.

Nope never even been to Virginia. I found it on White Collar Buzz. And you are right very good well-written article.
Posted Image

#945 Terri88

Terri88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

http://www.character...nd-for/overview

Have you seen this? Love love love this type of activism. Marsha is in the group along with other USA Network stars.

#946 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

http://www.character...nd-for/overview

Have you seen this? Love love love this type of activism. Marsha is in the group along with other USA Network stars.

This is great! Does USA have a place where we fans can get T-shirts?

#947 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,729 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

The Examiner writes about White Collar frequently.

I'm not sure who or what the Examiner is but it does say TV in Baltimore in the link.

Anyway, Matt did it again! The man is always making news.

Matt Bomer = #1 Best Looking TV Star in their 30's

Examiner Best Looking

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#948 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm not sure who or what the Examiner is but it does say TV in Baltimore in the link.

Examiner Best Looking

Oh yeah!
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#949 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Sweet!! And he's number 1!!!
Posted Image

#950 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Examiner Best Looking

Well of course. Also, it took me a couple of episodes to realize that Jennifer Morrison in Once Upon a Time was also in House. She looks just different enough, older I guess, to seem like a different person. She must have been very young when she first appeared in House.

#951 WCFan

WCFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Examiner Best Looking

I agree!

#952 Collarista

Collarista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Examiner Best Looking

The Examiner is just reporting what we've known for years!

#953 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

Ellie4444 posted a link to another TVGuide article about Matt in the Spoiler Thread.

I think it should be here too but it is a wee bit spoilerish.

Spoiler

Edited by LI_Ann, 06 February 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#954 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for reposting it here,it's nice to read about matt's feelings toward the show.
Posted Image

#955 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hey fellow NYer's White Collar will be at a Characters Unite event..

http://tvbythenumber...e-month/118626/

Posted Image

#956 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,729 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

I thought you would all love to see this.

White Collar makes the NY TImes. That's awesome!

Thanks to Espionage for posting it.

hey guys, i found this cartoon in the NY times, it's about time WC got the attention of brilliant comic artists

Posted Image

#957 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Great cartoon!!
Posted Image

#958 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

This is cute. I'm glad White Collar got the press coverage.

PBASBanner62.jpg

#959 Collarista

Collarista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Am so glad to hear that Matt is not rushing to get out of White Collar. That's a relief! Now if we can just keep it on the air for a few more years..or forever.

#960 Kim1982

Kim1982

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

This cartoon is cute.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved