2993 replies to this topic

#961 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

I thought you would all love to see this.

White Collar makes the NY TImes. That's awesome!

Thanks to Espionage for posting it.

TedonTV says he believes the cartoon is a fake. Can someone check that out?

#962 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

TedonTV says he believes the cartoon is a fake. Can someone check that out?

It does look like a forgery. Words are coming out of the bubbles, the font style changes and I doubt they would use text spelling in a newspaper. The only original dialog looks to be "setting a wedding date ?"

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#963 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

I wondered if the cartoon was fake, because we looked on line all the way back through December and couldn't find it.

final+glimpse+copy-001.jpg

#964 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 22,568 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

I should have realized that when I saw it but I didn't. I was too excited for White Collar.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#965 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

It does look like a forgery. Words are coming out of the bubbles, the font style changes and I doubt they would use text spelling in a newspaper. The only original dialog looks to be "setting a wedding date ?"

I wondered if the cartoon was fake, because we looked on line all the way back through December and couldn't find it.

I should have realized that when I saw it but I didn't. I was too excited for White Collar.

Oh, I thought you guys knew it was fake. I knew the minute I saw who posted it. That's why I put my chocolate comment there.

#966 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Oh, I thought you guys knew it was fake. I knew the minute I saw who posted it. That's why I put my chocolate comment there.

Now I feel kind of stupid! Posted Image

final+glimpse+copy-001.jpg

#967 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Now I feel kind of stupid! Posted Image

Don't. I only knew because of who posted it and the comments in the comic. It was the same thing this person has been saying all the time.

I thought everyone was just playing along...oh well.

#968 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

It wouldn't be the first time he posted something fake.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#969 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

It wouldn't be the first time he posted something fake.

Who was it so we'll be able to catch it next time? Oops, I see now. If he's done this before why can't he be kicked out of the forum? Seems dishonest to me.

Edited by Duffy, 13 February 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#970 Ellie4444

Ellie4444

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

Nice article

Clever writing sets ‘White Collar’ apart

http://www.tuftsdail...apart-1.2701063

#971 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Nice article

Clever writing sets ‘White Collar’ apart

This is a wonderful article,and it's well written. I swear the college journalist do a better job the the so called'professional' writers..
Posted Image
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

#972 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

This is a wonderful article,and it's well written. I swear the college journalist do a better job the the so called'professional' writers..

That's because they're learning the proper rules and laws of Journalism. I took a year of Journalism in high school and I cringe over the way the larger newspapers do things now. I think they've forgotten everything they learned in school, if they learned anything at all or even went to school.

#973 bbeyes

bbeyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Nice article

Clever writing sets 'White Collar' apart

Fantastic article! I agree with everything the writer says. (I could have written it myself, IF I could write that well.;)) What a wonderfully bright college-student writer - go Tufts!

I especially liked this part (bolding is mine):

Having run successfully through two seasons, "White Collar" is now in its third year .... In this season's overarching plotline, an uneasy tension has formed between Caffrey and Burke, as the former has stolen a horde of priceless treasure and the latter is avidly, and secretly, searching for it. With each suspecting the other of treacherous actions, their covert conflict has the cast walking on thin ice at every turn. While entertaining in theory, the plotline of season three has added little to the show in terms of quality. What fans loved about the first two seasons was the sincere, albeit unorthodox, friendship between Caffrey and Burke. Pitting them against one another has laced this camaraderie with lies and deceit, thus taking away much of the trust and faith they have built over time and detracting from the overall experience of the show.

It isn't often that "White Collar" puts out a poor episode, but once or twice a season an episode will surface where the case at hand takes up all the time, leading to a lack of progression in the season's overall plot. Such episodes weigh down the flow of the series, but with Burke teasing Caffrey or Caffrey smooth−talking a criminal, even the duds always manage to entertain.

#974 Collarista

Collarista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

My sister called me on the way to work this morning to tell me that she had just seen an interview on"Good Morning America" with Anne Rice. She was gushing about White Collar and how much she would llike to cast Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay in a movie of her new book. Just finished watching the interview and it must have pulled in some new viewers for White Collar. Very flattering. I googled Good Morning America Anne Rice for the clip if anyone is interested.

#975 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Fantastic article! I agree with everything the writer says. (I could have written it myself, IF I could write that well.;)) What a wonderfully bright college-student writer - go Tufts!

I especially liked this part (bolding is mine):

Having run successfully through two seasons, "White Collar" is now in its third year .... In this season's overarching plotline, an uneasy tension has formed between Caffrey and Burke, as the former has stolen a horde of priceless treasure and the latter is avidly, and secretly, searching for it. With each suspecting the other of treacherous actions, their covert conflict has the cast walking on thin ice at every turn. While entertaining in theory, the plotline of season three has added little to the show in terms of quality. What fans loved about the first two seasons was the sincere, albeit unorthodox, friendship between Caffrey and Burke. Pitting them against one another has laced this camaraderie with lies and deceit, thus taking away much of the trust and faith they have built over time and detracting from the overall experience of the show.

It isn't often that "White Collar" puts out a poor episode, but once or twice a season an episode will surface where the case at hand takes up all the time, leading to a lack of progression in the season's overall plot. Such episodes weigh down the flow of the series, but with Burke teasing Caffrey or Caffrey smooth−talking a criminal, even the duds always manage to entertain.

I disagree with that. I think that precisely, the season 3 arc brought Neal and Peter's relationship to another level. In season 2 the friendship was granted and yet, that was not something they saw coming. They had not realized how close they had become until they felt hurt by the other's betrayal in season 3. So, ok, season 3 might have seemed less fun for some viewers, because Neal and Peter seemed less close, less genuinely found of each other. Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy season 3, and the tension that seemed to be between Neal and Peter was because they realized that they loved each other but that was not compatible with their lives. That's when they realized they had to make a choice. Until season 3, Neal was only cooperating with the FBI because it was convenient while he was looking for Kate, then looking for revenge. At the beginning of season 3, he still was in the same optic, thinking he could have fun with the FBI while enjoying the treasure of a life time. But the season going, he realized that conning Peter sucked. His love for Peter was worth more than that treasure.
Now, it's Peter's turn. And the fact he hid Neal's involvement in the theft of the treasure already tells a lot of what he is willing to do. What he will say at the hearing, and what side he will choose (Neal or Kramer) will be another step.

All this to say that their relationship being so unlikely, so unorthodox, and so against nature, that they have to fight for it. It can't be taken for granted. So, I do appreciate the fact that the writers are willing to explore this. The relationship is the core of the show, so it seems important to me that all the aspects and consequence of it are explored. The questions in season 3, were "can it really work ?" " how wil it affect them ?" "how much are they willing to give it to make it work ?"
And despite what everyone keeps saying there were a lot of them working together in season 3, only just a few less "life or death" moments than the end of season 2.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#976 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

All this to say that their relationship being so unlikely, so unorthodox, and so against nature, that they have to fight for it. It can't be taken for granted. So, I do appreciate the fact that the writers are willing to explore this. The relationship is the core of the show, so it seems important to me that all the aspects and consequence of it are explored. The questions in season 3, were "can it really work ?" " how wil it affect them ?" "how much are they willing to give it to make it work ?"
And despite what everyone keeps saying there were a lot of them working together in season 3, only just a few less "life or death" moments than the end of season 2.

Aragarna, you are so insightful. I agree 100% with this post. I've really enjoyed this season because of the decisions and tension in it. You can't have a really full story of this kind without tension. You're right, these two are so unusual in how they work together that it's the fun of them finding out what they really mean to each other. And you're right about this being Peter's decision to make now because Neal has made his.

#977 shakespeareskate

shakespeareskate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

I disagree with that. I think that precisely, the season 3 arc brought Neal and Peter's relationship to another level. In season 2 the friendship was granted and yet, that was not something they saw coming. They had not realized how close they had become until they felt hurt by the other's betrayal in season 3. So, ok, season 3 might have seemed less fun for some viewers, because Neal and Peter seemed less close, less genuinely found of each other. Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy season 3, and the tension that seemed to be between Neal and Peter was because they realized that they loved each other but that was not compatible with their lives. That's when they realized they had to make a choice. Until season 3, Neal was only cooperating with the FBI because it was convenient while he was looking for Kate, then looking for revenge. At the beginning of season 3, he still was in the same optic, thinking he could have fun with the FBI while enjoying the treasure of a life time. But the season going, he realized that conning Peter sucked. His love for Peter was worth more than that treasure.
Now, it's Peter's turn. And the fact he hid Neal's involvement in the theft of the treasure already tells a lot of what he is willing to do. What he will say at the hearing, and what side he will choose (Neal or Kramer) will be another step.

You are so right. That's exactly how I felt about season three, too.
I think for some it is difficult to enjoy watching a show when they are worrying about the outcome, especially if like in WC the character's relationships make the show, though, that's why the first part of season three might not have been as enjoyable for them.

#978 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,369 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Don't know if this might have already been here but it looked fairly new. Canada is getting White Collar. Starting Feb. 27th, S1 and 2 will run back to back going into S3. Congrats. I know people up north have waited a long time for it to come. It's on Bravo.:)

#979 SaphireDee

SaphireDee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Don't know if this might have already been here but it looked fairly new. Canada is getting White Collar. Starting Feb. 27th, S1 and 2 will run back to back going into S3. Congrats. I know people up north have waited a long time for it to come. It's on Bravo.:)

Wow, this is really great news Duffy! I'm so happy that I don't have to go searching for a illegal download anymore to get an episode :) Here is a good article about it's return to Canada..

My link

Edited by SaphireDee, 24 February 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#980 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Wow, this is really great news Duffy! I'm so happy that I don't have to go searching for a illegal download anymore to get an episode :) Here is a good article about it's return to Canada..

My link

Good news. Welcome back, Canadian posters!
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved