• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

http://www.youtube.c ...&feature=relmfu

Love this scene :)

http://www.youtube. c...h?v=Yf7MJ3BSuqE

and this scene the whole hun thing.

I like that Neal let him vent; and even after Peter let him go, Neal just stayed there for a few more seconds. He is such a beta to Peter's alpha.

And that whole 'hun' thing with Neal's reaction, I think that was just Neal being relieved that Peter was talking to her but also horror because it meant Keller really did have her, not actually what Peter said, although Neal would have understood it of course.

#4602 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,616 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

I thought it was a great scene and great eps and I like the range of emotions that Tim took us through in those scenes at the beginning. you could just feel for him and what he was going through and same with Matt. Checkmate was just a great eps for me. But then I really don't have any problems at all with S3.

I agree 100% and also with S3. I've thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing, except maybe not so much with S3.12 and especially S3.13. The other 4 were great.

I totally agree, Duffy. I think the acting in Checkmate was superb, and it's one of my favorite episodes.

Again, I agree completely. I can hardly wait for S4 and how we get our boys back together. :ph34r:

#4603 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

I like that Neal let him vent; and even after Peter let him go, Neal just stayed there for a few more seconds. He is such a beta to Peter's alpha.

And that whole 'hun' thing with Neal's reaction, I think that was just Neal being relieved that Peter was talking to her but also horror because it meant Keller really did have her, not actually what Peter said, although Neal would have understood it of course.

interesting. To me, when I watched the episode, I got the feeling that Neal's reaction was to Peter's distress. That when he heard Peter's emotion on the phone, seeing his friend in so much pain, it was too much for him.

ZhL3auH.png

TeamDeKay.org - for everything TDK

#4604 UpstateRules

UpstateRules

White Collar: You're Simply the Best.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hmm, I liked Pilot of season 1 because of the bromance, What Happens in Burma in season 2 for the humor (I always laugh at the smoking jacket bits, hehe) and Stealing Home in Season 3 for the bromance again. I'm a real softie for happy episodes. I love the eps in which either Peter or Neal make a show of standing by the other. :wub:

...How does their great care and respect for each other come from a history of one trying to put the other in prison?

At the outset, tt was mutual respect: Peter for Neal's brilliance and cheekiness, and Neal for Peter's single-minded determination. As soon as they discovered they had that synergy thing and complemented each other's intelligence so well all bets were off.:)

EYES_zps65713186.jpg

#4605 AliWC

AliWC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

interesting. To me, when I watched the episode, I got the feeling that Neal's reaction was to Peter's distress. That when he heard Peter's emotion on the phone, seeing his friend in so much pain, it was too much for him.

Maybe it was all three? Tim and Matt are certainly capable actors enough to portray a thousand things in the space of a few seconds.

#4606 AliWC

AliWC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

At the outset, tt was mutual respect: Peter for Neal's brilliance and cheekiness, and Neal for Peter's single-minded determination. As soon as they discovered they had that synergy thing and complemented each other's intelligence so well all bets were off.:)

Yep. I just love it.

#4607 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

OH loook ! This was my #1000 post !! Ok, that's official, I'm a crazy nuts. :wacko:

Posted Image 1000 Posts!

Oh, I'll be wearing out Checkmate & probably Veiled Threat too. :)

B

I totally agree, Duffy. I think the acting in Checkmate was superb, and it's one of my favorite episodes.

I believe the circumstances in the scenes you are noting are really different cases. Peter didn't do anything dishonest that endangered Kate's life, and in everything he did (like withholding information from Neal) he was trying to protect Neal... he might not have always been right in the way he did it, but I believe he always intended to protect Neal's emotional and physical health, and Neal's future, as much as he could. I think Neal's (and Mozzie's) dishonesty with the treasure indirectly endangered Elizabeth's life... none of what they did was intended to protect Peter (or anyone else). As for Jones, I took it that he acted unprofessionally and lacked self-control on the job. Peter and Neal may lose their temper with each other, but they always keep their emotions in check when dealing with criminals (except for maybe Keller!)

Checkmate is my favorite S3 episode. The acting was phenomenal; right up there with Countdown!

I loved Peter in Where Theres A Will. He was so excited to go on a treasure hunt. Yeah, Tim Dekay's facial expressions are great.

As for the shirtless scene, like I said before, if they are on an island that can lead to shirtless scenes.

Posted Image

PBASBanner62.jpg

#4608 Sedona

Sedona

Peter Burke Appreciation Society

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

I have to agree; Checkmate was my favorite season 3 episode, by far. Second was Veiled Threat and third Dentist of Detroit. Lots of others I enjoyed but these three were the top. Checkmate had the intense emotion - Peter was a seething cauldron alone in that episode - but also some very nice action scenes. A winner all around.
Posted Image

#4609 Beholder

Beholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

Love this scene :)

and this scene the whole hun thing.

AWESOME.

Maybe it was all three? Tim and Matt are certainly capable actors enough to portray a thousand things in the space of a few seconds.

I kinda think all 3 too. Peter's voice cracking when he said "hun"....WOW.

B

#4610 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

AWESOME.

I kinda think all 3 too. Peter's voice cracking when he said "hun"....WOW.

B

How much emotion Peter had been going through you could just see it taking its toll. When Neal and Peter went out on the patio you could see after Peter shoved Neal against the house and then got his compusure back to talk to Keller and talk to El and the voice cracking at hun. Like I said after learning what hun means to them its like you could just tell Peter was going to do everything to get El back safe. And the exhaustion of checking all the places that Moz calls home that Peter had checked out and also the alias's he checked just was making him exhausted. Peter just went through it all in that first 15 mins of the show. And you know Neal does not like to see anything happen to Peter and El. If its something he may have done its like he does want it to effect anyone but if it does especially those two he wants to fix it. Like he did in the finale eps of S1 when he got Els business back after Fowler did all that stuff to close it down and suspend Peter. You can tell just how much El and Peter had an effect on Neal.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS ROSE BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

#4611 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

How much emotion Peter had been going through you could just see it taking its toll. When Neal and Peter went out on the patio you could see after Peter shoved Neal against the house and then got his compusure back to talk to Keller and talk to El and the voice cracking at hun. Like I said after learning what hun means to them its like you could just tell Peter was going to do everything to get El back safe. And the exhaustion of checking all the places that Moz calls home that Peter had checked out and also the alias's he checked just was making him exhausted. Peter just went through it all in that first 15 mins of the show. And you know Neal does not like to see anything happen to Peter and El. If its something he may have done its like he does want it to effect anyone but if it does especially those two he wants to fix it. Like he did in the finale eps of S1 when he got Els business back after Fowler did all that stuff to close it down and suspend Peter. You can tell just how much El and Peter had an effect on Neal.

Yeah, poor Peter didn't even took the time to chance clothes. Neal did, but Peter kept his Countdown clothes until he changed for the military outfit !

ZhL3auH.png

#4612 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, poor Peter didn't even took the time to chance clothes. Neal did, but Peter kept his Countdown clothes until he changed for the military outfit !

I like how they did keep Peter in the same outfit that he wore all day to work and then practically all day next day until he needed to change to work with Moz, Neal and Keller. And I like how in some scenes the sleeves were a little pulled out and also in Peters office when Diana and Jones came to check on him and just how exhausted he was from everything was still showing. But again peter was trying to keep Jones and Diana not in what was going down. He is very protective of those two.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#4613 VonnieS

VonnieS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Agreed, Peter had too much on his mind to change clothes! All he was thinking of was getting Keller and saving El! Loved the fatigues and the t-shirt though, very hot!
Vonnie

#4614 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Agreed, Peter had too much on his mind to change clothes! All he was thinking of was getting Keller and saving El! Loved the fatigues and the t-shirt though, very hot!
Vonnie

oh yes, Peter makes military fatigues HOT !
Posted Image

ZhL3auH.png

#4615 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,230 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

They did some planning at Neal's place, so Neal had opportunity to change. Peter's home was a crime scene plus he probably had more important things on his mind.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#4616 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

oh yes, Peter makes military fatigues HOT !
Posted Image

Tim/Peter has the most amazing biceps! Not that I would pay attention to a thing like that but; those biceps are huge! Again not really noticing lol. Ok I am a gal who checks guys biceps out not sure but the arms are a weekness of mine. There I said it. Have others! Shoulder holster :) HANDCUFFS (yes I said that to lol)!

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#4617 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

They did some planning at Neal's place, so Neal had opportunity to change. Peter's home was a crime scene plus he probably had more important things on his mind.

true I know. And this is Peter. Of course he didn't give a thought to his clothes. I just wished they had given him a better shirt to keep for two episodes. I'm not a big fan of this one...:rolleyes:

ZhL3auH.png

#4618 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

true I know. And this is Peter. Of course he didn't give a thought to his clothes. I just wished they had given him a better shirt to keep for two episodes. I'm not a big fan of this one...:rolleyes:

If you notice all of Peters shirts are stripped. I like his shirts and tie collection he has; he had a color not sure back in S2 that was odd color. So I can live with this one because it showed perfect that you would know right away he hadn't changed for a couple of days.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#4619 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

Posted Image

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#4620 AliWC

AliWC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Posted Image

Shouldn't there be a rule where if your wife is kidnapped by a thieving, greedy, egomaniac you take the tie off or, at least, loosen it??

Ta for the pic, Sue

Edited by AliWC, 14 March 2012 - 10:45 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved