• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

Thanks Virgo! I also have about 6 "Murder She Wrote" books to read on my never ending book reading list, so maybe I'll switch to that (but I do have a BN book that also looks tempting since it'll be winter here soon!)

In the meantime, the Monk books have done an excellent job giving me a good distraction from my final Psychology clss before I graduate school (in Dec.). I actually just did a paper on OCD and thought of Monk the whole time...made writing a 10 page paper on it (that was due today) so much easier!

I can't wait to read the new books. I told my parents about this thread and that the two that I got were two of the most talked about books on here. They were really surprised and were excited to see that there was mostly postive feedback on the books from other fans!

Edited by DramaQueenBroadway, 28 November 2011 - 11:46 AM.

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#62 psychokarlee

psychokarlee

Psych-O!!!! :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

i started reading Mr. Monk goes to Hawaii a few days ago. I didn't know there were books, and I was at the library, looking for one of the Psych books, (which i never found. Grr.....) but i noticed a bunch of monk books, so I grabbed two, and I'm excited to read them! I still miss monk. It was the best show.

Posted Image

The official Blueberry Chauffer Driver for the CMP2!~

"Shawn Spencer is a boy. James Roday is a man."
"There's also a third kid named Mikey who will eat anything, including the prize, but uh...he's not really important right now."
"Serious Shawn moment here. I wanna be happy too. And for some reason, I can't imagine that happening without Juliet."
"We have found our arsonurderer." "huh?" "firearseman?" "uh uh" "seor pantalones del fuego?" *fist bump*
"I have a motorcycle." "Yes. You do." "Yes I do. And it is the purest form of freedom that I have ever experienced. [...] Since I met you, I've been thinking about getting a car."
"Really? That was your plan? That has to be the poorest executed attack in history!!! I was two feet away from you all the time! I mean, you have to be absolutely, without a doubt, the worst murderer I have ever seen!"
"I don't know, maybe you'll take blurry photos of your Espresso at some random cafe..." <3

#63 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

i started reading Mr. Monk goes to Hawaii a few days ago. I didn't know there were books, and I was at the library, looking for one of the Psych books, (which i never found. Grr.....) but i noticed a bunch of monk books, so I grabbed two, and I'm excited to read them! I still miss monk. It was the best show.

Books for BOTH shows are hilarious...you will love them if you've never read either of those series before. After you read "Mr. Monk Goes to Hawaii", I would read "Mr. Monk Goes to Germany" followed by "Mr. Monk is Miserable", in that order. "Mr. Monk is Miserable" is kind of like a continuation (sp!) of "Mr. Monk Goes to Germany", and they do talk about the "Germany" trip in that book...might be a little easier to understand. But it's up to you. If you're looking for any more books, Amazon and ebay have them at really good prices (under $5). Enjoy your reading...I'm finishing "Mr. Monk and the Dirty Cop" now, followed by "Mr. Monk and the Two Assistants".

Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
Contestant:
Gus-"Azkaban"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz

#64 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I finished reading "Mr. Monk In Outer Space" a few weeks ago. Ambrose is in this one! Now I've finished all my Monk Books, it's time for my parents to read the three books that I just read. In the meantime, I'm switching series books for a little bit, working on "Murder She Wrote". I have six of those books and I'm reading the second book now.....I like both series, however, I think I like the "Monk" books better.....

Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
Contestant:
Gus-"Azkaban"
"We do now!"

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved