• Please log in to reply
7357 replies to this topic

#1 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:00 AM

So, what's up, what's the buzz, whatcha doin' and are you surviving the holidays? Talk about anything that's on your mind or what you watch.

Edited by Summer_Fun, 10 May 2010 - 08:37 AM.

#2 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

I'm trying very hard to 'ween' myself off White Collar and get my lazy butt back to work and Christmas shopping.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#3 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

Okay. I'll admit it. I did every ounce of my Christmas shopping on line. Took advantage of all the free shipping and never had to get out of my comfy house clothes to do it.

Thank goodness for The Closer and Castle (and the repeats of BN & WC) or I wouldn't have anything to watch on TV. I'd have to have my nose stuck in a book.

*have you noticed I'm icognito? :lol:
Posted Image

#4 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

Okay. I'll admit it. I did every ounce of my Christmas shopping on line. Took advantage of all the free shipping and never had to get out of my comfy house clothes to do it.

Thank goodness for The Closer and Castle (and the repeats of BN & WC) or I wouldn't have anything to watch on TV. I'd have to have my nose stuck in a book.

*have you noticed I'm icognito? :lol:

Nancee, I used to work for a company that owned three catalog retailers, so with my 30% off, I did the majority of my shopping over the phone/online. It was also great to give the hubby a 'detailed' list. Plus, if I wanted to cheat, since I worked in IT, I had access to my customer account and could see what was ordered, when, and when it was to be delivered.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#5 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

Nancee, I used to work for a company that owned three catalog retailers, so with my 30% off, I did the majority of my shopping over the phone/online. It was also great to give the hubby a 'detailed' list. Plus, if I wanted to cheat, since I worked in IT, I had access to my customer account and could see what was ordered, when, and when it was to be delivered.

Dang. There goes another commandment! (*Do not covet thy neighbor's ox, nor ass, nor anything that is thy neighbors.)

Probably goes for fellow posters and their stupid 30% discount and their "in" to to their account...

Double Dang.

Sheez!
Posted Image

#6 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,753 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

This thread is a really good idea. It gives us a place to put the "whatever" that often pops into our heads.

Christmas shopping has really changed for me. With the exception of my mother and a four year old, everyone else wants gift cards. While I appreciate how much easier that makes shopping and understand that a gift card will go a lot further after Christmas, it's just not the same. I always enjoyed the "pain" of finding just the right gift for someone and looked forward to watching them open it. It's gotten rather impersonal, IMHO. I've complicated that process too by trying to find a little something to put with the gift card so everyone still has a package to open and small gifts are so much more difficult to find.

That being said, I haven't done any of it yet (my bad!) The gift cards will be easy; the two actual gifts I need - not so much.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#7 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

This thread is a really good idea. It gives us a place to put the "whatever" that often pops into our heads.

Christmas shopping has really changed for me. With the exception of my mother and a four year old, everyone else wants gift cards. While I appreciate how much easier that makes shopping and understand that a gift card will go a lot further after Christmas, it's just not the same. I always enjoyed the "pain" of finding just the right gift for someone and looked forward to watching them open it. It's gotten rather impersonal, IMHO. I've complicated that process too by trying to find a little something to put with the gift card so everyone still has a package to open and small gifts are so much more difficult to find.

That being said, I haven't done any of it yet (my bad!) The gift cards will be easy; the two actual gifts I need - not so much.

Gift cards are a great idea. If you want to make it more personal, you can create a special gift card holder or box. Sometimes, I'll put them in a little gift bag with some Christmas candy. Or, my darling special needs daughter is very good at making cards, so I'll snatch one of the many cards that she's made and put the gift card in them.
Cathy

#8 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:29 PM

Dang. There goes another commandment! (*Do not covet thy neighbor's ox, nor ass, nor anything that is thy neighbors.)

Probably goes for fellow posters and their stupid 30% discount and their "in" to to their account...

Double Dang.

Sheez!

Nancee, it gets even better! We, IT geeks, had a special program that we wrote where we'd check the database and see if the items we want are going to go on sale, when, and what sale book! We were a sneaky bunch!
Cathy

#9 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

I was browsing the bb codes this site uses. First post ever.

Edited by Apoctyliptic, 11 December 2009 - 05:19 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

#10 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

Nancee, it gets even better! We, IT geeks, had a special program that we wrote where we'd check the database and see if the items we want are going to go on sale, when, and what sale book! We were a sneaky bunch!

Ummhummmm.

You just couldn't leave it alone, could you? Just had to give it that extrat twist...drive it in just a little further.
Good thing I know how to turn the other thingey.
;)
Posted Image

#11 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,753 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

I was browsing the bb codes this site uses. tcisfc. <~~ Hover over it.

[acronym=This code is so freaking cool]tcisfc[/acronym]

[

Yes, it is. I had to "hover" at just the right spot to get it to work though.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#12 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

Yes, it is. I had to "hover" at just the right spot to get it to work though.

I got it to work, but I refuse to hover.... :blink:
Posted Image

#13 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

Ummhummmm.

You just couldn't leave it alone, could you? Just had to give it that extrat twist...drive it in just a little further.
Good thing I know how to turn the other thingey.
;)

What can I say? The devil made me do it.
Cathy

#14 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

We have a tradition. Usually on Christmas Eve day, (or sometimes the day before, depending on schedules) we bake bread. Now, most of the "kids" in the family are boys (one girl) but they all love it. They love kneading the dough. And one of them checks on the progress of the rising about every fifteen minutes. That evening, everyone slathers butter on the warm bread. I can't wait!
Posted Image

#15 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,587 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

We have a tradition. Usually on Christmas Eve day, (or sometimes the day before, depending on schedules) we bake bread. Now, most of the "kids" in the family are boys (one girl) but they all love it. They love kneading the dough. And one of them checks on the progress of the rising about every fifteen minutes. That evening, everyone slathers butter on the warm bread. I can't wait!

Nancee, that baking bread sounds like a great tradition. My sisters and I USED to get together with our kids and bake, but their kids 'outgrew' it (mine didn't), plus my sisters are content in just doing little or no baking and hit me for my cookies!
Cathy

#16 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Nancee, that baking bread sounds like a great tradition. My sisters and I USED to get together with our kids and bake, but their kids 'outgrew' it (mine didn't), plus my sisters are content in just doing little or no baking and hit me for my cookies!

(Nancy thinks: I felt like hitting you when I heard about the 30 per cent discount...);)

It is a fun tradition and although most of the "kids" are grown, they still want to be involved.
Posted Image

#17 Maira

Maira

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:55 AM

I went to a hockey game. It was cool when the players slammed into the boards. They smell, though.

Everything I know about
seduction
I learned from
Captain Jack Harkness
(I know I'm a geek, but that's what you love about me. It's okay, you can admit it.)

#18 barbara_ann

barbara_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:15 AM

This is not about White Collar the Show but about Matt Bomer. I was just reading on his web site that he is GAY and has kids. I was shocked when I read this info since he was just named People Magazines sexist rising star. I cannot believe that this sexy guy is Gay. On the show he has all the women falling fall him. I was just wondering how everybody else felt about this? Will this effect the show? Will we ever see Neil in any relationships with women on the show? Anyone got any comments on this? This will not change my opionion on the show and i will contuinue to watch and love Matt(neil)anyway. White Collar is still tops

#19 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

This is not about White Collar the Show but about Matt Bomer. I was just reading on his web site that he is GAY and has kids. I was shocked when I read this info since he was just named People Magazines sexist rising star. I cannot believe that this sexy guy is Gay. On the show he has all the women falling fall him. I was just wondering how everybody else felt about this? Will this effect the show? Will we ever see Neil in any relationships with women on the show? Anyone got any comments on this? This will not change my opionion on the show and i will contuinue to watch and love Matt(neil)anyway. White Collar is still tops

Barbara_ann,

This was discussed at some length on another thread, awhile back. The consensus of opinion was that most of us knew a little about Bomer's personal life and it didn't matter a hoot.

What does matter is, he is a fine actor. Plays the role of Neal Caffery to perfection and he is a gorgeous hunk of eye candy.

You're right. White collar is tops!

Nancy
Posted Image

#20 Apoctyliptic

Apoctyliptic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

He has a website, where? Its easy to have women fall for you when its scripted...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

<<--------------- Insert Huge and Long Signature Here --------------->>

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved