• Please log in to reply
6824 replies to this topic

#2041 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

Will you adopt me? We rarely do anything exciting. Hubby spends the weekend clued to the TV to watch either the history, military, or discovery channels. And he has to have the blinds shut.

Loved the pictures of the puppies, Ansel. I'm with Cathy..can you adopt me too? I tend to be more of a winter person and can't imagine how nice it would be to walk around Lake Placid. It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

We're very lucky to live where we do, close to a lot of great places. And all sorts of outdoor things to do year round. The only negative is we have to deal with a lot of tourists, but I guess that's okay.

This winter unfortunately has not cooperated. We love to go hiking in the snow, and go snow shoeing and stuff, not so good this year. It's really hurt our local ski areas. They're making snow but it's not the same. It's even messed up the kids at school. We usually have our outdoor phys. ed. unit this month - the kids do snow shoeing, snow tubing, broom ball, and a teamwork competition of snowman building. Maybe March will be better.

final+glimpse+copy-001.jpg

#2042 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

So...yesterday the hospital discharged my sister with a 102 degree fever, and she was sweating and chilling, with back pains.

Why did they do that? She's now back in the hospital (different one) with a severe kidney infection, dehydration, and they're running a ton of other tests on her to see what else might be wrong.

As her big sister, I am royally pissed off. I want to knock some heads together and chew the doctors and staff out at the other hospital. :angry: :angry:

And also, I'm very worried. :(

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#2043 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

So...yesterday the hospital discharged my sister with a 102 degree fever, and she was sweating and chilling, with back pains.

Why did they do that? She's now back in the hospital (different one) with a severe kidney infection, dehydration, and they're running a ton of other tests on her to see what else might be wrong.

As her big sister, I am royally pissed off. I want to knock some heads together and chew the doctors and staff out at the other hospital. :angry: :angry:

Oh Surreal, I'm so sorry to hear that. it seems to be the rule today to toss people out of hospital asap. I really hope your sister will be better in a short time. ***hugs*** to you, your sis, and the little one.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#2044 Gwnevere

Gwnevere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that - hope it resolves quickly.

I can't believe they discharged her. Rather than knocking heads together, you might consider filing a complaint. In New Jersey it would be with the state health department, which licenses hospitals and other health care facilities. Her state health department might be comparable.

Sending good thoughts to your family.

Sharon

We don't ask. We don't care.

#2045 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Good grief, there is NO excuse for that. Your ((((poor Sis ))))).
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#2046 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

I'm so excited. I went into eBay and won the most wonderful item. Go to www.ebay.com and look at number 350538208767. My sister's mother-in-law got one like this for her when she went to Denmark to visit family. I've lusted after it for years. I would go in now and then to see if there was one available with no luck, but yesterday my luck turned. :rolleyes:

#2047 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Knock some for me. ER nurses once wanted to send my Mother home after we were in a severe auto accident. Turned out she had a bruised heart. If she hadn't continued complaining about it they would have sent her home. I've had trouble with hospitals before too.

#2048 Collarista

Collarista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

I hope your sister makes a quick recovery, Surreal. Think I would complain to the hospital.

#2049 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yeah, it's snowing like crazy and is supposed to continue all through the night and into tomorrow! Have my fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow! According to the kids, you have to wear your jammies backwards, throw a tangerine out the window, flush an ice cube down the toilet, and put a spoon under your pillow - if we all do this we will get a snow day!

#2050 Gwnevere

Gwnevere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, it's snowing like crazy and is supposed to continue all through the night and into tomorrow! Have my fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow! According to the kids, you have to wear your jammies backwards, throw a tangerine out the window, flush an ice cube down the toilet, and put a spoon under your pillow - if we all do this we will get a snow day!

What part of NY are you in? We're just getting rain here (please feel free to keep the snow up your way - if I throw a tangerine north would that help?)

#2051 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

I just saw this, Surreal. So sorry to hear about your sister's illness.
I'll be praying for her. Keep us informed.

Posted Image
Hug for you ...

PBASBanner62.jpg

#2052 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

What part of NY are you in? We're just getting rain here (please feel free to keep the snow up your way - if I throw a tangerine north would that help?)

I'm in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. The town of Gansevoort, which is halfway between Saratoga and Lake George.

Couldn't hurt!!

#2053 Gwnevere

Gwnevere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. The town of Gansevoort, which is halfway between Saratoga and Lake George.

Couldn't hurt!!

Okay, just threw a clementine your way. :D

#2054 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Good luck getting your snow day. We had snow last week and it's all gone. Weird, weird winter.

#2055 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Sadly this sounds like the norm these days with hospitals.
Hope they figure it out and your sister is doing better.

#2056 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Well, we got our snow day!! It's so pretty out. We woke up to about maybe 8 inches, which probably wouldn't have been enough to call off school, but the forecast is for it to continue snowing on and off all day with another 6 inches. Some of our kids are on the bus for close to an hour already (our school district covers such a big area), it would take forever to get them back and forth today.

Here's a couple of pictures I took from my front porch and back deck this morning.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2057 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Are there any Tweeters out there who use an app? If so, why, what does it do?

#2058 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Well, we got our snow day!! It's so pretty out. We woke up to about maybe 8 inches, which probably wouldn't have been enough to call off school, but the forecast is for it to continue snowing on and off all day with another 6 inches. Some of our kids are on the bus for close to an hour already (our school district covers such a big area), it would take forever to get them back and forth today.

Here's a couple of pictures I took from my front porch and back deck this morning.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice, it sure looks like you live out in the country.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#2059 Pandandrum

Pandandrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

I use Tweetdeck on my phone and I love it because:

1. I have two Twitter accounts -- one is private, and one is public. Tweetdeck makes it really simple for me to post from either or both or switch between them with ease. With the last app I used (Tweetcaster), I would tweet from the wrong account a lot because I thought I was on the right one and then I wasn't. On Tweetdeck, I can see which one I'm on while I'm composing a tweet, and I can change the destination at any point.

2. I have a "White Collar" list, and Tweetdeck lets me have a separate column for that on my phone. So, when White Collar is on, and I want to check tweets during commercials, I don't want to have to read through everything -- I just want to see the White Collar stuff, and Tweetdeck gives me a convenient way to do that.
"It seems hope is right around the corner, but I've got some disorder that pushes straight instead. The worse the sin is, the more the consequences, the more I'm on a mission to tally-ho ahead." - Levi Weaver

#2060 Groovy82

Groovy82

You are so.....loved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

It's a Twitter app. You can get twitter on your IPhone, IPad, or IPod. It's almost It's free and easy to use. I have it on my IPhone and enjoy it very much.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved