• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wareagle57

wareagle57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

First, I would just like to say that this finale was everything I hoped it would be. It is the first show I have every invested my time in that I have had to say goodbye to, and I feel like it could not have ended any better. I cried several times during the episode. But I am a little confused about the judges motives.

As the nurse said "nobody cares about affairs anymore." So we are led to believe he killed Trudy for another reason, Molly I assume. But why did he need to kill her if it had already been 15 years since the baby was born. Am I correct in assuming he paid off the midwife to lie to Trudy about Molly's death?

And if he killed the midwife, why did he need to kill trudy also? And why a carbomb? That just seems like overkill. Maybe to throw people off, so people would assume it was someone Monk had locked away trying to get him?

I don't know, like I said I loved the episode and how the series ended. In the end, what is important is not why or how, but that Monk knows now and can be happy. But sometimes I miss obvious things, and since there was no "here's what happened" to spell it out for me this time, I am just wondering what some of your thoughts are.

#2 psugreg

psugreg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

First, I would just like to say that this finale was everything I hoped it would be. It is the first show I have every invested my time in that I have had to say goodbye to, and I feel like it could not have ended any better. I cried several times during the episode. But I am a little confused about the judges motives.

As the nurse said "nobody cares about affairs anymore." So we are led to believe he killed Trudy for another reason, Molly I assume. But why did he need to kill her if it had already been 15 years since the baby was born. Am I correct in assuming he paid off the midwife to lie to Trudy about Molly's death?

And if he killed the midwife, why did he need to kill trudy also? And why a carbomb? That just seems like overkill. Maybe to throw people off, so people would assume it was someone Monk had locked away trying to get him?

I don't know, like I said I loved the episode and how the series ended. In the end, what is important is not why or how, but that Monk knows now and can be happy. But sometimes I miss obvious things, and since there was no "here's what happened" to spell it out for me this time, I am just wondering what some of your thoughts are.

The judge had to kill Trudy because she would recognize who the missing girl was and may suspect him.
If you have already killed one person to protect your secret, why not another if that person can finger you??

#3 OtakuMayu

OtakuMayu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

the midwife found religion... wanted to expose his secret. Nobody may care about affairs, but affairs that lead to babies... that's different. So is telling the mother the baby died in birth even though she was still alive.

Midwife was killed by the Judge.

Trudy may start to put 2 and 2 together... baby died 9 minutes after birth supposedly... but she never got to see her... midwife who helped deliver baby goes missing...

Trudy questioning things, being a journalist, could put the judge's career in jeopardy. He wants to excel to a higher office... it was bad enough he had an affair with a student when he was a professor, it was even worse that he made her think the child had died after birth... but worse, now he killed a midwife, and if that was exposed, it was all over. So he killed her before she could expose the horrible truth. The affair comes out, the baby's death comes out, and the murder of the midwife comes out.

So trudy had to go in his opinion.

that's just what I took away from it.

Edited by OtakuMayu, 06 December 2009 - 11:56 PM.

#4 QuantumIguana

QuantumIguana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:41 AM

Things fell apart when the midwife was going to come clean about having taken away Molly telling Trudy that Molly was dead. The judge killed the midwife to prevent her from exposing this. Trudy began to suspect, so the judge had her killed. The fact that the judge even knew that the midwife was going to come clean implies that the midwife told the judge about it. Big mistake. If you committed a crime and want to come clean, your first stop should definately not be your co-conspirator. You see that theme a lot in stories, a conspirator wants out, confronts the co-conspirator, and gets killed.

Of course, the whole thing would have gone a lot better if the judge had not compounded his mistake in the first place with the scheme to get rid of Molly. Perhaps Trudy would have given up Molly on her own, or if she had wanted to keep Molly, the judge could have gotten her to agree not to expose him. There would have been a risk of later exposure, but by concocting this scheme, he had already opened himself up to far greater exposure. Just another example of attempting to fix one problem by committing a crime, only to have that get you in far more trouble than the initial problem presented.

#5 MonkfanGD

MonkfanGD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:22 AM

This whole thing doesn't track. With the mid-wife out of the way, Trudy had no evidence against the judge. She had no way of knowing there was a connection between the judge and the mid-wife since she thought the baby was dead. People go missing all the time.

THe judge had no reason to kill Trudy thus compounding his problems. Murdering a cop's wife via a carbomb obviously isn't a crime that goes away. On top of that, he was making himself pretty vulnerable by hiring Nunn et al. Those guys could have easily snitched on him or blackmailed him.

This was a pretty stupid crime. The Monk Finale should have been better.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved