We all want our forum to be a safe and enjoyable experience. This thread is dedicated to maintaining and improving our White Collar online community. It will be used for important forum announcements, e.g., software upgrades and spam alerts, a suggestion box and for member feedback.
If you have a suggestion for improving our forum.....
If you have an idea for a new topic of discussion or game.....
If you think we have too many threads or that some seem to overlap.....please let us know.
This forum is an online community officially sanctioned by the USA Network and dedicated to the discussion of USA's hit show, White Collar. This forum is corporate-run and subject to USA network's Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines. Please remember that USA's Forum Guidelines go beyond the "right to free speech and press" as outlined in the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. All of the USA Forums are monitored by the USA Webmaster and the USA Admin. USA Admin has a few basic guidelines for all members. USA's Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines are posted below.
White Collar Forum Guidelines
1) Spam - Spam is not tolerated on this forum. Spamming can be defined as either posting excessively with no content or with commercial intent. Please report spam when you see it, so that moderators can take action. We can't block spam if we don't know about it. Any forum members who post spam will lose their posting privileges and will receive no further notification from moderators. In general, do not use the forums for personal gain or profit.
2) Respect - Respect in this instance means publicly giving due regard to the feelings, thoughts, and opinions of others. Respect in this instance means publicly offering one's opinion with respect and civility. It is possible to do this without being deferential, self-censoring, politic, cautious, belittling, nitpicking, insulting, or rude. It *is* possible. Strive to extend respect in all public postings, both for your own benefit, that of others, and the community at large.
Posting constructive criticism and divergent viewpoints in a respectful manner is encouraged. This can lead to some great progressive discussions filled with a lot of fantastic back and forth commentary of varying opinions. Again, respect of one's fellow members and being constructive is key.
3) Public Attacks/Arguments Among Forum Members - Public attacks leveled by one forum member against another will not be tolerated. Any arguments that erupt among forum members on the public side of the forum will be removed by the moderators and each member involved with the incident will be PM'ed (and/or warned) and asked to resolve the issue privately either by taking the following steps:
a. PM the member and attempt to resolve the issue
b. block/ignore the member's posts and/or PMs
c. seek out the moderators for possible resolutions of such conflicts
4) Disrespectful Discussions Involving the Personal Lives of the Cast and Others Associated with the Show, Including Their Loved Ones - Disrespectful discussions about the spouses, girlfriends, boyfriend, partners of choice of the cast and crew and their families are deemed off limits on the public side of the forum. Posts that are deemed derogatory and/or inappropriate and/or disrespectful will be removed from the forum by the moderators and members will be notified via PM of the actions taken. Members are free to discuss such things either via PM with other members or via other online venues, such as Twitter or other forums.
5) Duplicate Threads - Creating duplicating threads for the same topic of conversation is unnecessary, annoying to the members of our forum and considered bad form. Please remember that every thought does not need a thread. Before starting a new thread, please check to see if one exists that fits whatever it is you would like to post. That's easily done by checking the White Collar Index which is pinned at the top of the main page. The WC Forum Index contains links to the most popular topics on the forum and can be found here: WC Forum Index
We also have a Question and Answer thread pinned at the top of the main page. It was created to minimize the possibility of new threads being created simply to ask a single question. You can find that here: Question & Answer
USA_Admin requests that duplicate/redundant threads be merged.
6) Spoilers – the definition of spoilers and the place to post any spoilers you might want to share can be found in our Official Spoilers Thread here: Official Spoiler Thread
The vast majority of our forum members have agreed to honor the wishes of Jeff Eastin and the White Collar writers not to post, discuss or refer to "sides" and spoilers obtained from "sides" anywhere on this forum. This is the official USA White Collar Forum and as such should respect the intellectual property of Jeff Eastin and the White Collar writers.
7) All Caps - Please don't type in all caps. It's considered yelling and you can be seen as rude. You have a "shift" button on your keyboard, please use it.
8) Punctuation and Grammar - Please use punctuation, correct grammar, and spelling (your English teacher would love to know you learned to use them). Remember that English is not the native language for some of our members. Using "netspeak" or not using punctuation, capital letters, grammar, etc, can make your posts difficult to understand. Not everyone on the forum is under the age of 20 so "netspeak" looks a lot like gibberish to many of our members and makes posts difficult to read.
9) Other Forums - Please don't bring difficulties on other boards here. If you're having issues with another board, deal with it there. Don't post a link to the other board here and ask people to go over and read, respond and or help. It will only get ugly and none of us want that.
10) Golden Rule - "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." Please remember that we can't see facial expressions, hear vocal intonations or the laughter of someone when they responded to your post. This means that it is possible that something you found to be offensive was not the intention of the poster. If you find something they said to be offensive, please ask for clarification before assuming they meant to be mean. If you don't feel comfortable posting your question to the board, then send the poster a PM (click their name, then click "send message"). Please don't assume they were trying to be mean and get in their face in return. That's how board wars get started.
In plain speak that means be nice and treat everyone the way you want others to treat you. If you're feeling grumpy or full of angst, take a deep breath, go for a walk and postpone posting on the forum until you're able to play well with others. Everyone has feelings. Just because we can't see one another doesn't mean that words can't hurt us.
USA Network Terms of Service USA Terms of Service
Edited by LI_Ann, 23 November 2012 - 09:17 PM.