• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vonstrader

vonstrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

Ok, so here is an idea. Personally I don't think that you will hear much about Mitch in the series finale, so maybe that mystery will be solved in a 2 hour movie event. Kind of an indepth mystery involving a more international scene. Perhaps Natalie will get some kind of clue about Mitch's death and beg Monk to solve his murder. This story could lead to traveling out of country....which would be an adventure of a life time for Monk. There may even be some romance.....hmmm....just an idea. So what do you all think?

#2 phil_rocks

phil_rocks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:58 PM

Ok, so here is an idea. Personally I don't think that you will hear much about Mitch in the series finale, so maybe that mystery will be solved in a 2 hour movie event. Kind of an indepth mystery involving a more international scene. Perhaps Natalie will get some kind of clue about Mitch's death and beg Monk to solve his murder. This story could lead to traveling out of country....which would be an adventure of a life time for Monk. There may even be some romance.....hmmm....just an idea. So what do you all think?

nah i like not knowing

#3 imamonkfan51

imamonkfan51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

If you read the Monk books he's already been out of the country, France, Germany and Hawaii (which is out of the continental US). He's also been to Mexico.

Edited by imamonkfan51, 04 December 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#4 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

Tony says that if they wait too long to try and do a movie or two hour Monk Special ...he will have to play Monk's dad. I guess he is worried about the aging process. He plays a 50 year old detective but I think he is actually about 56 or 57 years old.
All the more reason to start thinking about this movie are special now... USA Network....

#5 OtakuMayu

OtakuMayu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

However, he doesn't look his age. My mom was shocked when I said he was in his late 50s. She thought he was like 48 at the oldest. I saw a re-run of Wings late one night, and he really doesn't look that much older than he was there.

#6 RonM

RonM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

Tony says that if they wait too long to try and do a movie or two hour Monk Special ...he will have to play Monk's dad. I guess he is worried about the aging process. He plays a 50 year old detective but I think he is actually about 56 or 57 years old.
All the more reason to start thinking about this movie are special now... USA Network....

Why is this a problem? You just set the movie in the future. All the actors will be older. Julie will be an adult. The mystery is set 5-10 years after the series. Being too old didn't stop William Shatner from coming back as Kirk.

#7 Ann_Taylor

Ann_Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

Why is this a problem? You just set the movie in the future. All the actors will be older. Julie will be an adult. The mystery is set 5-10 years after the series. Being too old didn't stop William Shatner from coming back as Kirk.

I guess that would be o.k., but Captain Kirk started looking like a aged peach. I don't think Tony or the rest of the cast want to go through that. Some actors age gracefully, and some don't. I hope that is not being mean.

#8 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

I didn't say it was a problem...at least not as far as I am concern. The concern was expressed by Tony...

#9 Magdalene

Magdalene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

Tony, we don't care how old you or the other cast members get---we like you guys!

#10 redd84

redd84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:09 PM

Wasn't Peter Falk in his late 60's when he was doing the Colombo movies? Tony can still play Monk ten years from now but i hope he comes back sooner.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved