• Please log in to reply
5800 replies to this topic

#1 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

I think the dynamic between Neal and Peter, is what makes the show so great. They are at their best when they are working together. I find them the best when they are together. TDK and MB have great chemistry and such a fun repore. Their is definatly conflict and tension, and a struggle to have real trust there but their is also a underline, sense of genuine affection and care for each other, that is very sweet. The actors and some fans have refeared to their dynamic, as a mix of Father/Son, brotherly and old married couple. I think it is true. Their are times when Peter treats Neal like a son almost,and Neal acts like a rebelious son, craving his father approval. Esp in "All In" when Peter was clearly very worried for Neal and actually saying he is starting to veiw him as partner and someone he worries about and Neal, listenting to this and later, happily asking if this can call each other partners was so great.

Thier relationship is becomming one of my favorite buddy dynamics on tv. I hope we keep getting good Peter and Neal stuff, in future episodes.

Edited by LI_Ann, 25 May 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#2 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

ITA. I am anxious to see how their growing friendship gets impacted by episode 7.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#3 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

ITA. I am anxious to see how their growing friendship gets impacted by episode 7.

spoiler alert to those that did not watch "All In"

Me too. He just got done taking a step forward as a part of the team, he was being viewed
as a 'partner' by Peter, and his work gave a successful outcome to the department,
all kudos to him. Then the phone call. He looked so overwhelmed and hurt
after Meilin called as he looked around at the people he worked with,
the rug pulled out from under him, cutting short his feel good moment and
placing him in the position of adversary with the FBI again, in a more personal way

#4 barbara_ann

barbara_ann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

I feel the dynamics between Neil and Peter are Great. I agree with one of the other opinions that their relationship is like a father and son with Neil trying to get the approval and trust from Peter. As in the last episode when Neil was in trouble and Peter was worried and telling the little girl how he felt about Neil and if he was allright and Neil walked in and Peter said he knew he was there. At that moment you knew Peter cared about Neil but wont let Neil know it. Also when Peter took Neil to his home to have a heart to heart talk about what Neil was up too and Elizabeth told NEil that he was on his own this time with Peter, it was like a teenager in trouble. I hope the show comes back soon and we get to see more and more of a partnership between Peter and Neil and allitle more trust from Peter in Neil and alittle more freedom. love the show USA keep the show on the air.

#5 LibertyvsTemperance

LibertyvsTemperance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

I totally agree, the banter they have every episode is awesome. I laughed out loud during the car scene in The Portait, it was hilarious. Hope the writers can keep the witty conversations going!

But they also have a serious side going for them, they are trying to trust each other but curcumstances keep getting in the way. (ie. Kate, Meilin, Neal's lying, etc...).

I hope that the next episode explains who in the FBI is involved! So Neal can go back to mostly trusting Peter.

#6 iknowyouknow

iknowyouknow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

I totally agree, the banter they have every episode is awesome. I laughed out loud during the car scene in The Portait, it was hilarious. Hope the writers can keep the witty conversations going!

But they also have a serious side going for them, they are trying to trust each other but curcumstances keep getting in the way. (ie. Kate, Meilin, Neal's lying, etc...).

I hope that the next episode explains who in the FBI is involved! So Neal can go back to mostly trusting Peter.

I doubt that's going to be happening any time soon.

It'll be an interesting role reversal, though, with Neil trying to figure out what Peter is trying to put over on him and whether he can actually trust him.

#7 Jeanne

Jeanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

They want this series to run several years. And they have taken a lot of care to set up the dynamics between Neal, Peter, Elizabeth, Kate, and Mozzie. Kate & Neal love each other. It is genuine. Elizabeth and Peter are decent people, and Peter is a good agent. Mozzie is a good friend to Neal. If the bonds are going to fracture between these people because of deception and conspiracy, where is this show going to go? The chemistry is all going to be gone. The intrigue and mystery is great in Free Fall, and the writers are fabulous. It's going to be difficult to wait several weeks to see what happens. But I bet they won't stray too far in tampering with the basic premise of this show that everyone has said they really like, which is the dynamics and chemistry between the leads. And I personally really like the wit and humor. I haven't laughed in years, and this show makes me chuckle and smile several times in every episode. I bet they are all doing something undercover to expose something else. It's like going on a wild roller coaster ride. It has to come back to earth at some point. Tim DeKay said in an interview that this show was like solving "capers". I think they will both keep solving "capers" together, and the relationship between them still exists. If this isn't just a sideways undercover operation, maybe Neal got sick and feverish and dreamed all this stuff up! Maybe the writers got feverish and crazy or drank too much of the wine that is always being served!

#8 stature

stature

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

Here's something I am wondering and thinking about: Something in Neal's past caused him to be
reformed and to want to be one of the good guys, but Peter does not know about it.
Neal may be trying to impress Kate, and also Peter.

In "Free Fall" it was important to Neal to be believed by Peter. When asked if he took the diamond,
he says something like "c'mon" and then walked away disappointed after he was asked again by
Peter and forced to have to say "no" since Peter thought the worst of Neal.
In jail Neal wanted Peter to believe that he did not let Pete down. But there was Pete saying
that Neal let him down. Peter talked to Elle and affirmed his belief that Neal did steal the diamond
and that it was typical of Neal (we always hear how Peter knows Neal best). Even Mozzie thinks
Neal did it.

So something must have happened to make Neal want to change and want to impress Peter.
Perhaps it happened before he was arrested the first time, because he lived the poor life with Kate,
refilling a bottle of wine with cheap stuff as he dreamed of a better life with Kate but did not live that
better life with her. It seems that Neal has a stash of all kinds of assets that he can liquidate to buy
things ( like a bakery ) with if he wants to without worrying about getting caught for something new
from law enforcement. But that stash of goods is separate from the one he is hiding
from Kate. Something also happened to make him behave and stay in jail (kinda like his choice)
rather than that the jail could keep him (he is good at escaping and creating aliases).

Somewhere along the way Neal researched stuff about Peter as much as Peter knew stuff
about Neal. Neal knew Peter's anniversary, sent Peter birthday cards from jail. For some reason
Neal cares what Peter thinks about him and Neal is fascinated with the life of "the good guy".

Now there is a promise of a 'show down' in the future. Neal's hero (Peter) is going to fall off the pedestal
Neal put him on once Neal finds out about Kate and Peter. I have to wonder if that will also
make Neal drop trying to be a 'good guy' since he'll have no one to impress.

#9 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

:) I most heartily agree, also. Eastin and his writers certainly know how to write conversational dialogue! And whether it is witty, plain downright hilarious, or serious, it is certainly believable!

One of the best shows on television!
Posted Image

#10 snschay

snschay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

:) I most heartily agree, also. Eastin and his writers certainly know how to write conversational dialogue! And whether it is witty, plain downright hilarious, or serious, it is certainly believable!

One of the best shows on television!

I agree as well. The dialogue is great. The relationships are great. They'd really blow it if it turns out Neal can't trust Peter especially in regard to Kate. As a matter of fact, I don't think the entire Kate mystery is necessary to the story and is getting boring. The series is great without that fake bit of intrique. Get it out of the way, and let her be a part of the team and let Peter and Neal continue to solve crimes.

#11 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

I agree as well. The dialogue is great. The relationships are great. They'd really blow it if it turns out Neal can't trust Peter especially in regard to Kate. As a matter of fact, I don't think the entire Kate mystery is necessary to the story and is getting boring. The series is great without that fake bit of intrique. Get it out of the way, and let her be a part of the team and let Peter and Neal continue to solve crimes.

Oh, oh....

I'm fascinated with the Kate story line. I'm just waiting for her expanded roll! I'm one of Alexandra Daddario's biggest fans!

:)
Posted Image

#12 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

This is one of the few shows, I like all the characters and their relationships, MB has chemistry with everyone, seriously. However the real heart and spark of the show, lies in the relationship between Peter/Neal. I adored their scenes in "Free Fall". I saw real geniune hurt in Peter's face, when Neal was arrested and when Neal said he did not let Peter, down it got to Peter. Nothing about how he acted, was releif or happiness. It is fasinating that he spent so much time before trying to catch and arrest Neal. However since Neal started being Peters "Partner" things have change. He is starting to geniunly care for Neal, want him to be ok and not go back to jail and has put trust with Neal. The fact that it hurt him to have Neal arrested,and trying to keep Neal from being embarres by covering the cuffs with a jacket, plus the way he was almost chocking back emotion, when talking to Neal in jail. Yep Neal is a part of Peter's life, in ways neaither expected and he is really becomming a friend to Peter.

The hurt, sadness and almost sense of betrayl Neal, showed when Peter not only did not belive him but checked into the signiture that had Neal arressted, was very real and genuine. Neal has been really looking to Peter almost like a mentor/father figure, he seems to need but lacks. Peter really brings the stabilty and security to Neal's that he seems to deep down need. I adore that Neal went to Peter's house while on the run, and their whole interaction, in those scenes was awesome,and the chemistry between MB/JDK gets better and better as episodes go on. Neal really has put alot of trust and faith in Peter. What is interesting, in that with all the investagting who in the FBI could be behind, the Kate stuff, the thought it could be Peter, never entered Neal's mind and something I think he would never belive.

Their bromance is the best part of the show. I am so hoping for a twist that Peter, is really good and helping Neal, becuase Neal has put so much trust and faith, in Peter I am not sure he would ever forgive a betrayl like that, or be able to trust again, nor would the show work without their layered, complex and awesome relationship.

#13 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:27 PM

hvstmn316,

"nor would the show work without their layered, complex and awesome relationship."

Could not agree more.

nancee
Posted Image

#14 SeasonFinale

SeasonFinale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

I think the dynamic between Neal and Peter, is what makes the show so great. They are at their best when they are working together. I find them the best when they are together. TDK and MB have great chemistry and such a fun repore. Their is definatly conflict and tension, and a struggle to have real trust there but their is also a underline, sense of genuine affection and care for each other, that is very sweet. The actors and some fans have refeared to their dynamic, as a mix of Father/Son, brotherly and old married couple. I think it is true. Their are times when Peter treats Neal like a son almost,and Neal acts like a rebelious son, craving his father approval. Esp in "All In" when Peter was clearly very worried for Neal and actually saying he is starting to veiw him as partner and someone he worries about and Neal, listenting to this and later, happily asking if this can call each other partners was so great.

Thier relationship is becoming one of my favorite buddy dynamics on tv. I hope we keep getting good Peter and Neal stuff, in future episodes.

The other possibility that is out there now, is Peter could have gotten the actual ring simply because his wife owns it. Elizabeth might own the ring. It could just be one of those rings that goes on any of your fingers because it snaps on, explaining why it looks so antique and does not always get worn on the pinky. That wouldn't change much except the secrets they were hiding at this point.

Edited by SeasonFinale, 09 December 2009 - 08:09 PM.

#15 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

The other possibility that is out there now, is Peter could have gotten the actual ring simply because his wife owns it. Elizabeth might own the ring. That wouldn't change much except the secrets they were hiding at this point.

It would take an extraordinary man's hand to be able to wear a woman's pinky ring...just doesn't ring ture to me.
Posted Image

#16 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Their bromance is the best part of the show. I am so hoping for a twist that Peter, is really good and helping Neal, becuase Neal has put so much trust and faith, in Peter I am not sure he would ever forgive a betrayl like that, or be able to trust again, nor would the show work without their layered, complex and awesome relationship.

Well said, hvstmn316.........

The only thing I could possibly add is that the show's creators have to know that if they mess with the Peter/Neal bromance, they would spoil the dynamic of the main characters and ultimately ruin the show. If that happened they all lose money and since money is the network's primary concern, it's an unlikely scenario.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#17 kiddo

kiddo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

I think that maybe the Network and/or the Studio would be motivated by the money, but I believe that the "creator", together with the writing team, want the show to be creatively successful and actually want people to enjoy the show, especially since they have worked so hard to have the dynamics of the show appreciated. Of course they also would like the show to be successful for them financially, but the writing team on this show, as on many shows, is there to have people appreciate their skills and talent.

Hats off to the creator and writing team of White Collar, as they have created a show that is refreshing, witty, and truly enjoyable.

#18 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:56 AM

I think that maybe the Network and/or the Studio would be motivated by the money, but I believe that the "creator", together with the writing team, want the show to be creatively successful and actually want people to enjoy the show, especially since they have worked so hard to have the dynamics of the show appreciated. Of course they also would like the show to be successful for them financially, but the writing team on this show, as on many shows, is there to have people appreciate their skills and talent.

Hats off to the creator and writing team of White Collar, as they have created a show that is refreshing, witty, and truly enjoyable.

B)

Kuddos, Kiddo!

You must be the hammer, 'cause you hit the nail on the Head!

And...do they know how to write a cliffhanger, or what? This forum lit up like the Aurora Borealis after a huge sun flare, when the finale ended.

Looks like we're in for more of the same, come January. Posted Image

Nancee
Posted Image

#19 hvstmn316

hvstmn316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

I loved the Neal/Peter stuff in tonights episode.

Neal refusing to believe Peter could betray him and him insisting he knows Peter was great, I love that he has faith in the people he cares for.

His anger, betrayl and hurt at finding out Peter, had the ring and thinking he had Kate, was so sad, but I did love pissed off, passive agressive, untrusting Neal. We get a glimpse of how anger and mean Neal can be when he is crossed and it is great to see that side of him and the stuff with them at the party and Neal shooting the gun was great.

Some great quoets on their bromance.

Elizabeth to Neal "Peter Is The best thing that happened to you"

Neal to Peter" I trust you Peter" " You have my back right?"

Peter to Kate:"Neal is my friend, I will not let you do this to him"

I love their relationship and how they resolved things and how Peter told Neal the truth and that Neal was willing to die, to save Peter in the valt. I hope Peter helps Neal take down Fowler and Kate. We saw protective Peter and I doubt he will let Neal handle this alone.

#20 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

I'm bumping up this thread so people don't create more Neal/Peter threads after watching Hard Sell tonight.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved