5720 replies to this topic

#2121 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

I am so looking forward to season 4 because after everything that has happened the relationship between Neal and Peter has to be stronger.

There is no doubt how they feel about the other and what they're willing to do for each other. Wish it were June.

So many signs in Judgement Day showing how strong is their relationship. Like the scene in the tram, when Peter says "Tell me and I'll help you" and Neal says "Help me and I'll tell you", and then Peter helps him without arguing further. Oh and I love Peter's "wow" when Neal jumps.:lol:

A lot happened in season 3, and there's nothing like a bad guy (or 2) trying to take them apart to make their relationship stronger.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#2122 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

So many signs in Judgement Day showing how strong is their relationship. Like the scene in the tram, when Peter says "Tell me and I'll help you" and Neal says "Help me and I'll tell you", and then Peter helps him without arguing further. Oh and I love Peter's "wow" when Neal jumps.:lol:

A lot happened in season 3, and there's nothing like a bad guy (or 2) trying to take them apart to make their relationship stronger.

I get giddy with excitement everytime I think of S4 but then I remember we stil have to wait "four" months. UGH

But at least the weather is nice. Easier to wait when I'm not shoveling my car out.

#2123 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

I get giddy with excitement everytime I think of S4 but then I remember we stil have to wait "four" months. UGH

But at least the weather is nice. Easier to wait when I'm not shoveling my car out.

If you're in Chicago, there are some snow birds that come to our dog park with their dog almost every day and she says it's warmer in Chicago right now than it is here, and this is upper desert. I told her when they head back at the end of the month they'll probably arrive in time for a blizzard.

#2124 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I loved the 'Wow' from Peter too when Neal jumped. It was such a great moment and I think Peter had a little bit of Neal worship there for a second. :P

#2125 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

I loved the 'Wow' from Peter too when Neal jumped. It was such a great moment and I think Peter had a little bit of Neal worship there for a second. :P

Maybe next time Neal tells Peter how he switched the Degas he'll believe him. B)

#2126 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

If you're in Chicago, there are some snow birds that come to our dog park with their dog almost every day and she says it's warmer in Chicago right now than it is here, and this is upper desert. I told her when they head back at the end of the month they'll probably arrive in time for a blizzard.

Yep. Chicago. I hear we could set a record 4 days this week with warm temps. And it is nice.

But we will probably have snow in April. :(

#2127 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yep. Chicago. I hear we could set a record 4 days this week with warm temps. And it is nice.

But we will probably have snow in April. :(

Remember the last time we had know in April? It was on April Fool;s day!

Today was beautiful!
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#2128 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Remember the last time we had know in April? It was on April Fool;s day!

Today was beautiful!

No but I do remember sitting at a Cub's game when it was snowing and wondering what the heck I was doing there.

#2129 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

No but I do remember sitting at a Cub's game when it was snowing and wondering what the heck I was doing there.

You were watching the Cub's lose of course (still love them). That one fateful day in April, I was home sick (late 1970s), my sister had my car and it took her six hours to get home from work!
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#2130 Beholder

Beholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

I also loved the tram scene. I sure hope that when all is said & done Neal & Peter's relationship is stronger than ever too. Those 2 ARE brothers...IMO. AND I hope Mozzie FINALLY realizes just how much "the suit" REALLY cares about Neal & as kind of an extension...HIM as well... Mozzie is Neal's "family" too. AND IF Neal has more "slips" along the way to freedom ,of sorts, I hope Peter stands by him as ...well.. even Peter sort of agreed that having Neal do what he does best... is kinda like giving an alcoholic a drink... a bottle...something like that.

You know what I would actually like to find out... is that both Neal & Mozzie were terrified when Peter gave Neal the signal to RUN..that Peter wouldn't do that unless he felt the circumstances were dire.

Yeah, you would think that after seeing Neal jump from one tram car to another that he woulda believed Neal & not think that Neal was just messin' with him when he said that he switched the painting and then base jumped. LOL. At least, I think I have my sequence of events right...but...you never know... as I am getting almost "up there" in age. LOL

B

Edited by Beholder, 14 March 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#2131 WhiteRose

WhiteRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

After everything that happened in Judgment Day, I think it's very safe to say that their bond will be stronger than ever. This next season is probably going to be the strongest Neal/Peter season ever. He's going to tell Peter things about himself that he never told anyone before, and Peter is going to be by his side while he's searching for his family.

I'm kind of worried about what mental state Neal is going to be in this season. All his life he wanted to follow his father's footsteps and become a policeman. Finding out his father was corrupted caused him to hit rock bottom and change completely. When it comes down to it, his father has influenced his life the most even though he never even met him. If finding out his father was corrupted messed him up badly enough to make him hit rock bottom, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of damage his father could do to him if they met face to face. From the way Ellen described him, he must be a very bad person. If they met, his father could say extremely hurtful things to him that could mess him up even more.

If it comes down to that, Neal is going to need Peter more than ever.

Edited by WhiteRose, 15 March 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#2132 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

After everything that happened in Judgment Day, I think it's very safe to say that their bond will be stronger than ever. This next season is probably going to be the strongest Neal/Peter season ever. He's going to tell Peter things about himself that he never told anyone before, and Peter is going to be by his side while he's searching for his family.

I'm kind of worried about what mental state Neal is going to be in this season. All his life he wanted to follow his father's footsteps and become a policeman. Finding out his father was corrupted caused him to hit rock bottom and change completely. When it comes down to it, his father has influenced his life the most even though he never even met him. If finding out his father was corrupted messed him up badly enough to make him hit rock bottom, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of damage his father could do to him if they met face to face. From the way Ellen described him, he must be a very bad person. If they met, his father could say extremely hurtful things to him that could mess him up even more.

If it comes down to that, Neal is going to need Peter more than ever.

I agree and disagree. It's true that learning about his father changed Neal's life but I don't think he hit rock bottom. He said it himself, he never hit rock bottom and he has said more once he hasn't lied to Peter.

I think that little clue we got in the episode that I don't recall the name is that Neal wants to find his father. Mozzie said maybe Peter could help and I think it implied to finding his father. Mozzie also called the Neal/Peter relationship how many of us see it. Neal seems to see Peter as that father figure and vice versa.

In ways, maybe finding his father would be cathartic and allow Neal to settle down.

I do agree that Neal and Peter will be much closer in S4 and that Peter will help Neal through whatever this does to him.

I also kind of think Neal may equate having to run after S3 as hitting rock bottom. He left behind a lot.

#2133 LRaine

LRaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I agree and disagree. It's true that learning about his father changed Neal's life but I don't think he hit rock bottom. He said it himself, he never hit rock bottom and he has said more once he hasn't lied to Peter.

Actually, did he say this anywhere? In Scott Free he does a classic piece of Caffrey non-answering:

PETER: When did you hit rock bottom?
NEAL: I never said I did.

For what it's worth, I agree he hasn't - in that scene he's linking rock bottom with giving up the con, which we all know he hadn't at that point or since - but he as usual hedges his bets when Peter asks a question...

#2134 WhiteRose

WhiteRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

I think that little clue we got in the episode that I don't recall the name is that Neal wants to find his father. Mozzie said maybe Peter could help and I think it implied to finding his father. Mozzie also called the Neal/Peter relationship how many of us see it. Neal seems to see Peter as that father figure and vice versa.

In ways, maybe finding his father would be cathartic and allow Neal to settle down.

I do agree that Neal and Peter will be much closer in S4 and that Peter will help Neal through whatever this does to him.

I also kind of think Neal may equate having to run after S3 as hitting rock bottom. He left behind a lot.

I don't really know how to explain this, but I believe he has hit it when he found out about his dad. When he told Peter that, I think he meant it in the sense that he hasn't hit it for him to go from a criminal to a person who stands on the right side of the law. In other words, he hasn't changed into a man to stays on the straight and narrow completely, so he hasn't hit it in that sense. However, he has changed from a person who wanted to be a cop and hero to the criminal he is today. Finding out about his dad caused him to run away and made him believe he was a bad person. That sounds like he hit rock bottom at that time, at least to me anyways. I thought he told Peter that because he still has yet to hit the rock bottom that will change him back into, well, not being a criminal I guess, and based on the context of the conversation, I think that's what he really meant, so he didn't lie by saying that.

According to Jeff, this next season will be about Neal finding his family or something, so I just kind of assumed he would want to find him... which I shouldn't have since I'm not even sure myself. I'm just speculating.

He could hit rock bottom from running. I could see that happening.

Edited by WhiteRose, 15 March 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#2135 Beholder

Beholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

I don't really know how to explain this, but I believe he has hit it when he found out about his dad. When he told Peter that, I think he meant it in the sense that he hasn't hit it for him to go from a criminal to a person who stands on the right side of the law. In other words, he hasn't changed into a man to stays on the straight and narrow completely, so he hasn't hit it in that sense. However, he has changed from a person who wanted to be a cop and hero to the criminal he is today. Finding out about his dad caused him to run away and made him believe he was a bad person. That sounds like he hit rock bottom at that time, at least to me anyways. I thought he told Peter that because he still has yet to hit the rock bottom that will change him back into, well, not being a criminal I guess, and based on the context of the conversation, I think that's what he really meant, so he didn't lie by saying that.

According to Jeff, this next season will be about Neal finding his family or something, so I just kind of assumed he would want to find him... which I shouldn't have since I'm not even sure myself. I'm just speculating.

He could hit rock bottom from running. I could see that happening.

I get what you're saying and you may not be wrong as something set Neal off in the "con" direction. Personally, I can't think of anything better than finding out at age 18 that you essentially don't know who you are.

I kinda think he may have hit it then too especially... since what Neal said to Peter was something like he never said he did. To me that meant he never said he didn't either...sort of answering Peter's question in the way Neal considers "not" lying to Peter. I think a person can crash more than once & that's what I thought that very last scene on the plane, in the S3 finale, was all about. Neal's stress etc...type emotions crossing his face, the crash, then the ray of light hitting it & the slight sparkle in his eye & slight smile returning to his face. Personally, I took that as maybe a turning point where he decided he may actually try to change....again...maybe..if he somehow get's out of this current mess. IMO, poor Neal is a criminal with a hero's heart. I would eventually love to see him make it to ...not being a criminal anymore...when the series eventually ends. I really want Peter to be there for Neal & help him find his Dad.

B

Edited by Beholder, 15 March 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#2136 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

I get what you're saying and you may not be wrong as something set Neal off in the "con" direction. Personally, I can't think of anything better than finding out at age 18 that you essentially don't know who you are.

I kinda think he may have hit it then too especially... since what Neal said to Peter was something like he never said he did. To me that meant he never said he didn't either...sort of answering Peter's question in the way Neal considers "not" lying to Peter. I think a person can crash more than once & that's what I thought that very last scene on the plane, in the S3 finale, was all about. Neal's stress etc...type emotions crossing his face, the crash, then the ray of light hitting it & the slight sparkle in his eye & slight smile returning to his face. Personally, I took that as maybe a turning point where he decided he may actually try to change....again...maybe..if he somehow get's out of this current mess. IMO, poor Neal is a criminal with a hero's heart. I would eventually love to see him make it to ...not being a criminal anymore...when the series eventually ends. I really want Peter to be there for Neal & help him find his Dad.

B

I agree with you, and I do believe he hit rock bottom when Kate died. That is when he really started to change, invest in his life in NY. That event is what led him to where he is now, not wanting to run anymore, realizing con life is not so dreamy, a legal life has its good sides too.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#2137 UpstateRules

UpstateRules

White Collar: You're Simply the Best.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

I'm eager to find out more about Neal's childhood hustling in the poolhalls of St. Louis.

EYES_zps65713186.jpg

#2138 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

Actually, did he say this anywhere? In Scott Free he does a classic piece of Caffrey non-answering:

PETER: When did you hit rock bottom?
NEAL: I never said I did.

For what it's worth, I agree he hasn't - in that scene he's linking rock bottom with giving up the con, which we all know he hadn't at that point or since - but he as usual hedges his bets when Peter asks a question...

Speaking of the typical Caffrey non-answering deflections, did you notice how good Peter has become to that game himself ? He did it a couple of time with Kramer.
Like when he gets off the tram and meets Kramer. Kramer asks "did he have the painting on him ?" and Peter answers "not that I saw."

Kramer is right, Peter is becoming Neal... ;)

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#2139 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Speaking of the typical Caffrey non-answering deflections, did you notice how good Peter has become to that game himself ? He did it a couple of time with Kramer.
Like when he gets off the tram and meets Kramer. Kramer asks "did he have the painting on him ?" and Peter answers "not that I saw."
Kramer is right, Peter is becoming Neal... ;)

I really don't think that's entirely a bad thing. Remember in the Pilot how much harder he was not only on Neal, but also on his team. Not everyone saw the European version and the bank scene where the evidence blew up at first had Peter really getting angry at everyone. Peter was much more the tow the line Burke than he was in later episodes. He started to mellow out as he began to work with Neal and see that things do really have a gray side. Life is like that. Even Elizabeth has been a good example for Peter.

#2140 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

I really don't think that's entirely a bad thing. Remember in the Pilot how much harder he was not only on Neal, but also on his team. Not everyone saw the European version and the bank scene where the evidence blew up at first had Peter really getting angry at everyone. Peter was much more the tow the line Burke than he was in later episodes. He started to mellow out as he began to work with Neal and see that things do really have a gray side. Life is like that. Even Elizabeth has been a good example for Peter.

Oh I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Though you could argue that learning to lie is not really good.... I just found it funny.
But I do think it's important that Peter moves toward Neal, same way Neal moves ftoward Peter. Hopefully Neal and Peter will reach in a good middle. And also, I'm glad they explore the consequences of those changes. Which they are doing with Kramer.
I'm very pleased with where the show seems to head.

Edited by Aragarna, 16 March 2012 - 10:26 AM.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved