• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MonkManiac

MonkManiac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Hey, does anyone remember if Craig T Nelson was on an earlier episode? I seem to rfemember something, but I am not 100%. Curious because he is on the Finale. Trying to think if "he's the guy".

#2 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hey, does anyone remember if Craig T Nelson was on an earlier episode? I seem to rfemember something, but I am not 100%. Curious because he is on the Finale. Trying to think if "he's the guy".

I looked up his bio and see no where that it mentions him ever being on Monk prior. Another post suggests that he is the one on the phone saying he is the killer...one person says he is wearing the same shirt....that he is wearing in a clearer photo....says that they did a close-up and did something with the lighting....says he is 95% sure that the person making the call. I'm not sold completely ...and even if he is the one making the call ...it could be an attempt to mislead

#3 monklab2123

monklab2123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

KNOMYDURT' date='Nov 22 2009, 09:39 PM' post='1236999']
I looked up his bio and see no where that it mentions him ever being on Monk prior. Another post suggests that he is the one on the phone saying he is the killer...one person says he is wearing the same shirt....that he is wearing in a clearer photo....says that they did a close-up and did something with the lighting....says he is 95% sure that the person making the call. I'm not sold completely ...and even if he is the one making the call ...it could be an attempt to mislead

I believe he is the one on the phone, but I don't think it is him saying "His name is Adrian Monk, and I killed his wife 12 years ago.", I think he is being asked by the person (the Judge) responsible for Trudy's murder to take care of Adrian.

#4 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

I believe he is the one on the phone, but I don't think it is him saying "His name is Adrian Monk, and I killed his wife 12 years ago.", I think he is being asked by the person (the Judge) responsible for Trudy's murder to take care of Adrian.

Or he could be the Judge...but still not the top of the chain of people who had Trudy killed. If this were the case and he is the one on the phone...him saying something like "I had his wife killed .... " Would still be correct ...but he could have been hired too...by someone else...I am just thinking that "The JUdge" may be an important lead but not the last step...and even he may have been hired/arranged still by someone else representing the ultimate killer...(like a wife or close confidant.)

#5 crazychrismonker

crazychrismonker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:23 PM

So perhaps what Monk should do is hop a bus to Minnesota State, corner Luther, and try and get info off him.

#6 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

So perhaps what Monk should do is hop a bus to Minnesota State, corner Luther, and try and get info off him.

Okay...I wasn't a big watcher of the Coach TV series but let me guess this "Luther" was a sidekick on that show, hey? :rolleyes:

Edited by KNOMYDURT, 22 November 2009 - 10:28 PM.

#7 drinkduff99

drinkduff99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:50 AM

I think so too. I think the promo was made to look like it was him talking, but itwill be someone else.

For some reason I kept thinking the shots of Craig T. Nelson were shots of Stottlemeyer without his facial hair. I thought maybe it was a shot of him a few years into the future and his mustache was shaved. When I realized who it was felt pretty dumb. :)

#8 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:17 AM

I think so too. I think the promo was made to look like it was him talking, but itwill be someone else.

I don't know, it's not like USA hasn't jerked our chains, fed us misleading information and outright lied to us before in their commercials, right? /sarcasm

I really hate that.
Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#9 MonkManiac

MonkManiac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

I think that Dobber is the Judge :lol:

#10 KNOMYDURT

KNOMYDURT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

I think that Dobber is the Judge :lol:

Jerry Van Dyke did it!

#11 SteveMC

SteveMC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

The cast of Coach and Monk have similar characters:

Leland <-> Coach
Randy <-> Dauber

Little bit of a stretch, but for quirckyness:

Monk <-> Luther Horatio Van Dam

Randy and Dauber would make a funny dynamic duo.

#12 fanimaniac

fanimaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

That's definitely Craig T. Nelson's voice on the phone. It may be slightly disguised/distorted (not much, though), but I've watched "Coach" enough to recognize it anyway! :) I think the story Trudy was working on was somehow related to the Judge. Maybe he had an affair with the midwife who was killed 12 years ago (or perhaps with on of her patients), and the promotion prompted him to tie up loose ends thinking the doctor might know something, or maybe the doctor figured out the judge's involvement and was blackmailing him. However it ends, I will be glad Monk finally solves Trudy's murder, and very sad to see the show go!

#13 Renee33

Renee33

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

I never did like Coach! :) The character, I mean, not the actor. The show itself was all right, but the Coach could be such a blowhard.

Banner by NatalieDisher; avatar by artisis

Vick: "Mr. Spencer, let me be frank."
Shawn: "As long as I can be Dean and Gus can be Sammy."

Gus: "And what exactly does this detective look like?"
Stuart: "Imagine Robert Goulet dressed like Mr. Bean playing the Scarecrow in a summer stock production of The Wizard of Oz dedicated to Tony Randall."

Fingers crossed for Crash Dummies on USA!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved